AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

11 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

I remember that red ball on the old Star Trek caused the Enterprise crew to start fighting, and then in the Q-Continnuum trilogy it was told that it caused wars throughout the galaxy.  So kinda like Da Bad Moon, Khorne could employ Da Red Moon.  or a  Blood Ball in the Sky?   Only thing like that I can see right now is the Bloodbind basic prayer.

Also, a Khorgorath kit.

I just finished reading "The Red Feast," the first book in the origin story of Khorghos Khul, and there is a blood moon that appears over the Feast, where Khorghos and his Bloodspeaker go ham on a bunch of tribal champions. So yeah, now I WANT THIS!

• Like 2

I wonder if having two battalion is too much.

I find the next list fine but i fear i might be laking of units .. and i hesitate between blood sacrifice and resanguination for the 3rd slaughterpriest. I could get rid of this slaughterpriest to have 5 more Blood Warriors but they are meh .. Mainly if i use the Gore Pilgrim is because of the three drop possibilities

Allegiance: Khorne - Slaughterhost: The Goretide

LEADERS 

Slaves to Darkness Daemon Prince (210) - General - Command Trait: Hew the Foe - Axe - Artefact: Harvester of Skulls

Exalted Deathbringer with Impaling Spear (80) 5" 4+ 5 8 - Artefact: Mark of the Destroyer

Bloodsecrator (120)  - Artefact: Thronebreaker's Torc

Slaughterpriest (100) - Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh

Slaughterpriest (100)  - Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy

Slaughterpriest (100)  - Blood Blessing: Resanguination

UNITS

5 x Blood Warriors (100) - Goreaxe & Gorefist - 

5 x Skullreapers (180) - Goreslick Blades

5 x Skullreapers (180)  - Goreslick Blades

5 x Skullreapers (180)  - Goreslick Blades

10 x Bloodreavers (70)  - Meatripper Axes

10 x Bloodreavers (70)  - Meatripper Axes

5 x Blood Warriors (100)  - Goreaxe & Gorefist

BATTALIONS

Slaughterborn (170)

Gore Pilgrims (140)

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS

Wrath-Axe (60)

Hexgorger Skulls (4

I’d definitely go with blood sacrifice. I normally run two priests. I used to use killing frenzy and bronzed flesh exclusively but I’ve dropped bronzed flesh for blood sacrifice 6 months ago and never gone back.

I always want to have 6 tithe by the bottom of turn two or top of turn 3. Then youve got it sitting there ready to go incase you need double turn protection. If the priority roll goes against you just use relentless fury. If you don’t need it then you’ve still got some early game summoning you can spend it on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was thinking about how good MSU eels can be in Idoneth with there flight and speed, and it got me thinking that tzanngor enlightened might be a good ally in small quantities. They are quite expensive,  but I couldn't think of a cheaper option. I think they would add quite a lot to a khorne list. Do you think they mght be viable?

So with m'y High number of mortal wound i beat thé ossiarch bonereaper of m'y friend for thé second Time and now he talk about bringing mortek crawler.

My only tough about it IS sending my daemon prince on or if he is still alive but what advice are available here ? I'm running bloodbound army. Maybe valkia but i don't have thé model

If you aren't seet on only using Bloodbound, using units like Chaos Warshrines and a Chaos Lord on Karkadrak with Chaos Knights might be helpful. They are far more resilient to shooting.  Wrathmongers will alos be a good choice. @Roark put a list that doesn't rely on characters a couple of pages back. I think that would be the kind of list you would want to use. 

If you want to play only Bloodbound, MSU and playing the objectives will probably be your best chance. The Goretide command ability will come in useful for maybe caging them in turn 1, hopefully making sure that the crawlers won't shoot your heroes until a little later in the game. 

Thank you for your answer. I have a lot of STD units (2 chaos warshrines, 20 knights and varanguards) but they are all grey ^^ it's taking me a good amount of time to paint so for know i will try to focus on my blooddbounds and the slaughterborn bataillon and take MSU, a lot of cheap heroes and take the objectives ^^

10 hours ago, Perturbato said:

Thank you for your answer. I have a lot of STD units (2 chaos warshrines, 20 knights and varanguards) but they are all grey ^^ it's taking me a good amount of time to paint so for know i will try to focus on my blooddbounds and the slaughterborn bataillon and take MSU, a lot of cheap heroes and take the objectives ^^

I always liked to prime my Khorne guys with a matte finish 'brick' red primer from the hardware store.  Makes for an easy paintjob, just need the skin, gold trim, leadbelcher blades, then a reddish wash (I think I use Reikland Fleshshade).  Then if you feel like it, highlights!  And of course tons of skulls on the bases if want a good paint score :D

Been having a bunch of success with the below lately, managing wins over squigz, goblins, lumineth lately. 

Anyone run something similar or have any slight tweaks they think would push the list even further??

Allegiance: Khorne

- Slaughterhost: The Goretide

Leaders

Chaos Lord on Karkadrak (230)

- General

- Command Trait: Hew the Foe

- Artefact: Gorecleaver

Bloodsecrator (120)

- Artefact: Thronebreaker's Torc

Slaughterpriest (100)

- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh

Slaughterpriest (100)

- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy

Battleline

10 x Blood Warriors (200)

- Goreaxe & Gorefist

- 1x Goreglaives

5 x Blood Warriors (100)

- Goreaxe & Gorefist

10 x Bloodreavers (70)

- Reaver Blades

10 x Bloodreavers (70)

- Reaver Blades

Units

5 x Chaos Knights (160)

- Cursed Lance

6 x Mighty Skullcrushers (320)

- Bloodglaives

5 x Wrathmongers (140)

5 x Skullreapers (180)

- Daemonblades

- 1x Spinecleavers

- 1x Soultearers

Battalions

Gore Pilgrims (140)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs

Hexgorger Skulls (40)

Total: 1970 / 2000

Extra Command Points: 1

Allies: 0 / 400

Wounds: 151

21 hours ago, Sharklone said:

Been having a bunch of success with the below lately, managing wins over squigz, goblins, lumineth lately. 

Anyone run something similar or have any slight tweaks they think would push the list even further??

Allegiance: Khorne

- Slaughterhost: The Goretide

Leaders

Chaos Lord on Karkadrak (230)

- General

- Command Trait: Hew the Foe

- Artefact: Gorecleaver

Bloodsecrator (120)

- Artefact: Thronebreaker's Torc

Slaughterpriest (100)

- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh

Slaughterpriest (100)

- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy

Battleline

10 x Blood Warriors (200)

- Goreaxe & Gorefist

- 1x Goreglaives

5 x Blood Warriors (100)

- Goreaxe & Gorefist

10 x Bloodreavers (70)

- Reaver Blades

10 x Bloodreavers (70)

- Reaver Blades

Units

5 x Chaos Knights (160)

- Cursed Lance

6 x Mighty Skullcrushers (320)

- Bloodglaives

5 x Wrathmongers (140)

5 x Skullreapers (180)

- Daemonblades

- 1x Spinecleavers

- 1x Soultearers

Battalions

Gore Pilgrims (140)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs

Hexgorger Skulls (40)

Total: 1970 / 2000

Extra Command Points: 1

Allies: 0 / 400

Wounds: 151

I would suggest getting rid of the 10 man unit of Bloodwarriors. Unfortunately, they are pretty much ******, so you do not need more than necessary. For these 200 points, you can get yourself another unit of Chaos Knights, pump up your Crushers to 9, get another unit of Skullrapers or a Khorne Demonprince... many good options here. On top of that, you will have some more points left over, so you can get another judgement or an extra CP for your army. 

3 minutes ago, Salyx said:

I would suggest getting rid of the 10 man unit of Bloodwarriors. Unfortunately, they are pretty much ******, so you do not need more than necessary. For these 200 points, you can get yourself another unit of Chaos Knights, pump up your Crushers to 9, get another unit of Skullrapers or a Khorne Demonprince... many good options here. On top of that, you will have some more points left over, so you can get another judgement or an extra CP for your army. 

This is why I ask in here. I hadn't even considered that. Thanks man. Another unit any of those three would really beef up the effectiveness. 

Skullcrushers for more of an anvil and the delicious charge or knights / reapers for the extra oomph. Thanks mate!

Photo of some of the boys attached

20210206_150033.jpg

• Like 3

sorry if this has been explicitly answered before... I saw an answer earlier in this thread but I wasn’t sure on one point.  

if I take Brass despoilers and make the Doombull my general, he can’t take any of the command traits or artifacts listed on the tables as he is not a daemon, mortal, or bloodbound. 

however, if I choose to run Goretide or skullfiend tribe, wouldn’t the Doombull be eligible to have the command trait and/or artifact?  None of them specify that it must go to a mortal, daemon, or bloodbound.  And once you choose a slaughterhost, don’t all models in the army get that keyword?

1 hour ago, Siphon said:

sorry if this has been explicitly answered before... I saw an answer earlier in this thread but I wasn’t sure on one point.  

if I take Brass despoilers and make the Doombull my general, he can’t take any of the command traits or artifacts listed on the tables as he is not a daemon, mortal, or bloodbound. 

however, if I choose to run Goretide or skullfiend tribe, wouldn’t the Doombull be eligible to have the command trait and/or artifact?  None of them specify that it must go to a mortal, daemon, or bloodbound.  And once you choose a slaughterhost, don’t all models in the army get that keyword?

You are absolutely correct. Your Doombull could use a Thronebreaker's Torc in a Goretide as well as Hew the Foe. However, I prefer the Skullfiend Tribe or Bloodlords Artefact. 

If you choose a Slaughterhost, all models belonging to this Army gain the Slaughterhost Keyword. This does Not count for allies, though. They only have their Warscroll Keyword. So if you use the Brass Despoilers all units with the Khorne key word gain the Slaughterhost Keyword as well. 

• Thanks 1

I haven't watched any video reviews of the Slaanesh battletome to get salty, but I'm not sure how the Painbringers are anywhere near Skullreapers. Skullreapers have an extra wound and two more attacks apiece, and have a built-in ability to fish for those extra mortal wounds. That said, I hope the next Khorne rules (Broken Realms, Battletome, etc) make Skullreapers a conditional battleline!

• Like 1

@ZamikYeah you’re right about that - the wound isn’t as big of a difference to me because painbringers can reroll saves but the attack difference is pretty huge - also to your point I would think that khorne has more ways to buff attacks into the stratosphere lol (ie ways to get up to 7 attacks per model on skullreapers). Mostly just messing around but like you said I really would like a way to make them battle line!

• Like 2

Yeah your post just got me thinking about that--bloodsecrator, bloodmad warband, aspiring deathbringer CA. Yeah I love my Skullreapers. And now I've read the Goonhammer review of the hedonites book,  I am a little salty about Slaanesh's summoning--but at this point it seems par for the course.

Edited by Zamik