AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

On 4/20/2020 at 9:45 PM, Rune said:

The army that won the South Australia Grand Tournament was Khorne with no Slaughterhost. Running dimensional blade and 5+ FNP on Karkadrak. It's only slightly less damage for 33% increase in survivability. 

I don't know about which artifact you'd choose as your second, but it could be anything (as you got no restrictions) that you would find that suits you best. 

Again, I'm new to Khorne, just wanted to give you an idea to perhaps build on

I hadn’t considered this. I’m pretty interested in trying this out.

Do you happen to have the winning list that? I’m curious what they used in conjunction.

Hi guy

Do you think a Mighty skullcrusher list is viable today?
a list like this:

2 drops

Allegiance: Khorne

Leaders
Bloodsecrator (120)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut (160)
- General

Battleline
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades
6 x Mighty Skullcrushers (320)
- Ensorcelled Axes
- Ensorcelled Axes
- Ensorcelled Axes

Battalions
Brass Stampede (140)
Gore Pilgrims (140)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 141

• Like 1

Would appreciate some honest feedback on this one. It's a simple theme. Heaps of threats. Heaps of attacks. Make Bloodreavers great again. Maybe get to Lvl 8 Tithe by Turn 2-3.

- Slaughterhost: The Skullfiend Tribe
Mortal Realm: Aqshy
Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage (270)
- General
- Command Trait: Master Decapitator
- Artefact: Crowncleaver
Chaos Lord (110)
- Reaperblade & Daemonbound Steel
- Artefact: Thermalrider Cloak
Bloodsecrator (120)
Bloodstoker (80)
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Blood Sacrifice
40 x Chaos Marauders (300)
- Axes & Shields
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
5 x Chaos Chosen (140)
5 x Wrathmongers (140)
5 x Wrathmongers (140)
Chaos Warshrine (170)
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy
Dark Feast (110)
Hexgorger Skulls (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: BFTBG SFTST
Wounds: 168

Edited by Roark

@Roark I like the list, it's a lot like the ones I've been trying to build using StD. Most of it should work pretty well, and the only changes I'd add would be from personal preference. I think I'd swap the chaos lord for Skarr Bloodwrath. The chaos lord is solid and getting the marauders to attack twice is golden, but even with the thermalrider cloak it might be difficult to line up due to their extreme charge ranges. On the other hand it's really easy to use Skarr on wrathmongers and he makes them excellent suicide units to send against your opponents hardest hitting units. Plus he could be a decent blood sacrifice target early on since reavers have a tendency to run away with their low bravery, but if skarr dies he can just respawn. I also might try Reapers of Vengeance instead of Skullfiend tribe since I think the extra set of attacks would be better than the trait/artifact from Skullfiend. 

• Like 1

@Grimrock thanks for the advice mate.  Very sound. I confess I've never played Skullfiend, but I was really just hoping that Master Decapitator would help push me to Lvl 8 faster. Obviously one goal is to have intact Slaves units attacking twice with rerolls, exploding attacks and +2 attacks, but it's certainly not trivial to get all that to line up properly...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roark said:

@Grimrock thanks for the advice mate.  Very sound. I confess I've never played Skullfiend, but I was really just hoping that Master Decapitator would help push me to Lvl 8 faster. Obviously one goal is to have intact Slaves units attacking twice with rerolls, exploding attacks and +2 attacks, but it's certainly not trivial to get all that to line up properly...

Yeah, like I said mostly from preference. I haven't played nearly enough of the insensate thirster, but I'd be worried about actually getting him into heroes to trigger the extra tithe point from master decapitator. There's the dream scenario of charging a unit and exploding a couple backline heroes with outrageous carnage, but that feels so dicey. At least with the second activation you're looking at more chances to roll a 6, and you could take the generic artifact that adds +1 to attacks to help some more. The list is a touch light on anti magic too so reapers helps there, especially if you make the slaughter priest your general.   

Either way, I do really like the list. I look forward to hearing how it works for you. A solid tithe generation list that also hits hard sounds like a lot of fun. 

Edited by Grimrock
  • Thanks 1

Hi my name is Dan and I have a bloodcrusher fixation...

I also accidentally bought archaon...

So help

- Slaughterhost: Reapers of Vengeance
Archaon the Everchosen (800)
Skullmaster, Herald of Khorne (120)
- General
- Command Trait: Mage Eater
- Artefact: Skullshard Mantle
Bloodmaster, Herald of Khorne (80)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
3 x Bloodcrushers (120)
3 x Bloodcrushers (120)
3 x Bloodcrushers (120)
Bloodthunder Stampede (140)
Suffocating Gravetide (20)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 115

• Like 1

I got a new Mortal List to try out.

- Slaughterhost: The Skullfiend Tribe

LEADERS
Bloodstoker (80)                                                                               Skulltake
- Artefact : Collar of Contempt
Exalted Deathbringer with Impaling Spear (80)                 Slaughterborn
- Artefact : Crowncleaver
Bloodsecrator (120)
- General
- Command Trait : Master Decapitator
- Banner of Khorne (Artefact) : Banner of Wrath
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing : Killing Frenzy

UNITS
5 x Blood Warriors (100)                                      Slaughterborn
- Goreaxes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)                                              Skulltake
- Reaver Blades
10 x Bloodreavers (70)                                               Skulltake
- Reaver Blades
5 x Skullreapers (180)                                               Slaughterborn
- Goreslick Blades
5 x Skullreapers (180)                                                Slaughterborn
- Goreslick Blades
1 x Khorgoraths (100)                                                    Skulltake
1 x Khorgoraths (100)                                                    Skulltake
5 x Skullreapers (180)                                                    Skulltake
- Goreslick Blades
5 x Skullreapers (180)                                                   Skulltake
- Goreslick Blades
5 x Wrathmongers (140)

BATTALIONS
Skulltake (140)
Slaughterborn (170)

you got 2 Counter Spells from Slaughterpriest and Bloodstoker

good defense and hard hitting

5 drops

2 CP

142 wounds

1990/2000 points

Edited by theDon
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Salyx said:

If you do not care about your Drops, you light as well leave out the spell, the Bataillon and the foot-slogging Gerald nobody cares about. That would be fresh 240 points for 6 more Crushers. 

Well I only have 24 crushers... but 4x6 is nice and I could add a blood secrator 

Allegiance: Chaos
Archaon the Everchosen (800)
Skullmaster, Herald of Khorne (120)
- General
Bloodsecrator (120)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)

Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 127

Edited by backslide
  • Like 1

On 4/23/2020 at 12:53 PM, CrazyIvan said:

would this list be better?

I think your list is fine, and I reckon units of 6 Crushers are very good value, but I would definitely give the Daemon Prince the Sword of Judgement or Runic/Dimensional Blade rather than put the Talisman on the Priest. Either will make him a lethal combatant who capitalises on the Reapers command.

You should also add the Ruinous Icon. You have 40pts spare and two Priests.

On 5/5/2020 at 4:51 PM, theDon said:

I got a new Mortal List to try out.

Yeah I love Skullreapers, end of story.

But I reckon just make the Exalted the General, emotionally deal with the loss of Blooded Lieutenant, and send him into battle with his cool spear, Rend resistance, and maybe an occasional To Wound reroll from the Stoker.

I just don't think the Secrator is gonna kill any Heroes for you mate.

On 5/5/2020 at 7:37 PM, backslide said:

Well I only have 24 crushers... but 4x6 is nice and I could add a blood secrator 

Allegiance: Chaos
Archaon the Everchosen (800)
Skullmaster, Herald of Khorne (120)
- General
Bloodsecrator (120)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)

Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 127

Haha, love it. Just Rambo and MWs.

• 2 weeks later...

From back when battlions where cheap... blood host was 20 points this 2.5k list had 3 of them and a bloodhunt in the reapers of vengence grand battlion

I have like 90 bloodletters I never seem to use more than 60 in 40k how worried should I be about rebasing the rest? With 1' reach they seem very limited

FB_IMG_1589485061008.jpg

Hey guys! List feedback please. Made this list up today. It's super close to a list I posted earlier from SAGT, just with some small changes.

Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
Bloodsecrator (120)
- Artefact: Spellmirror
Chaos Lord on Karkadrak (250)
- General
- Command Trait: Berzerker Lord
- Artefact: Dimensional Blade
Chaos Lord (110)
- Reaperblade & Daemonbound Steel
Slaughterpriest (100)
Darkoath Chieftain (90)

Battleline
40 x Chaos Marauders (300)
- Axes & Shields
20 x Chaos Marauders (150)
- Axes & Shields
- Axes & Shields
- Axes & Shields

Behemoths
Chaos Warshrine (170)
Chaos Warshrine (170)

Battalions
Bloodmarked Warband (180)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Hexgorger Skulls (40)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 155

3 drops.

Chaos Lord begins with two 5+ FNP, and a +6 from the Warshrine. Ignores spells on a 5+ from the Spellmirror if close to the secrator. Marauders fight when they die from the Darkoath Chieftain, and everything can fight twice from the Chaos Lord.

Edited by Rune

@Rune your main problem is the list is currently illegal. Your battalion needs one more slaves unit with the mark of khorne. I think the least disruptive method to get one would be dropping the extra command point for a chaos spawn. That would make for a good blood sacrifice target as well if you're taking it. Other options might be to drop the slaughter priest and grab either a slaves hero or a unit of marauder horsemen, or you could drop a unit of marauders and take marauder horsemen and a chaos spawn. 

As for the list itself, I'm not really sure. It certainly packs a punch, but it's lacking resilience and heavily reliant on the darkoath bubble if you get alpha struck. You'll have to be really careful about screening your marauder units to make it work. 

Edited by Grimrock

20 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

@Rune your main problem is the list is currently illegal. Your battalion needs one more slaves unit with the mark of khorne. I think the least disruptive method to get one would be dropping the extra command point for a chaos spawn. That would make for a good blood sacrifice target as well if you are taking it. Other options might be to drop the slaughter priest and grab either a slaves hero or a unit of marauder horsemen, or you could drop a unit of marauders and take marauder horsemen and a chaos spawn. 

As for the list itself, I'm not really sure. It certainly packs a punch, but it's lacking resilience and heavily reliant on the darkoath bubble if you get alpha struck. You'll have to be really careful about screening your marauder units to make it work. 

Edit: I realise the chieftain is not part of the batallion. I would split the 40 marauders to 2*20 to make it 9 though.

20-40 marauders will serve as the big screen, wouldn't mind them to die if someone alpha strikes me. 

It's only 4 drops though so usually I'll get to decide the flow of the game :)

thanks for the feedback!

Edited by Rune

13 minutes ago, Rune said:

It's 9 units in total right? I've got 3 heros, 4 units of Marauders and 2 Warshrines. That's 9. I could split the 40 marauders to 2*20 to make it 10 though. Or am I mistaken?

The 40 marauders will serve as the big screen, wouldn't mind them to die if someone alpha strikes me. 

It's only 3 drops though so usually I'll get to decide the flow of the game :)

thanks for the feedback!

Edit: is it because the chieftain can't be a part of it because he is an ally? He is a Slaves to Darkness keyword though. Id probably just split the Marauders then

You need a slaves hero with mark of khorne and 8 units of slaves with the mark of khorne. Since the darkoath can't take a mark he can't qualify for the battalion. 

Personally I'd prefer to keep the 40 man unit because it will keep its rend longer. If you lose a single model from the 20 man units your damage drops off significantly, but the 40 man unit can take a solid hit and still be a real threat. Screening will help, but if all you have is 20 man units then I think you might drop off in the later turns of the game. Although I guess that's something you can easily tinker with later while you're playing it. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

You need a slaves hero with mark of khorne and 8 units of slaves with the mark of khorne. Since the darkoath can't take a mark he can't qualify for the battalion. 

Personally I'd prefer to keep the 40 man unit because it will keep its rend longer. If you lose a single model from the 20 man units your damage drops off significantly, but the 40 man unit can take a solid hit and still be a real threat. Screening will help, but if all you have is 20 man units then I think you might drop off in the later turns of the game. Although I guess that's something you can easily tinker with later while you're playing it. 

Good point. I'd have to play-test it. 

It doesn't have an extra command point, the one listed is from the batallion. So I'd have to either do as I suggested (or you).. Or not have the batallion, but I like the idea of it.

Cheers man!

Edited by Rune
  • Like 1

I keep struggling with the Bloodmarked Warband. My lists always end up with Spawn after Spawn after Spawn creeping in to make up the slots, and not much room for anything punchy apart from Marauders and Chosen.

On a kinda related note, has anyone actually EVER fielded Chaos Marauder Horsemen? I have 10 on sprue, but no idea what to do with them. I feel like you need a unit of 15 for them to be "optimal". And cost-wise, well that's a Bloodthirster...

Edited by Roark

53 minutes ago, Roark said:

I keep struggling with the Bloodmarked Warband. My lists always end up with Spawn after Spawn after Spawn creeping in to make up the slots, and not much room for anything punchy apart from Marauders and Chosen.

On a kinda related note, has anyone actually EVER fielded Chaos Marauder Horsemen? I have 10 on sprue, but no idea what to do with them. I feel like you need a unit of 15 for them to be "optimal". And cost-wise, well that's a Bloodthirster...

I use marauder horsemen often in my slaves lists. They still have potential in Khorne although they overlap with bloodreavers a bit. For strengths they're relatively cheap, extremely fast (for Khorne anyway), and bring a relatively unique ranged weapon. The ranged weapon is total garbage but... yeah at least it's there. Might pick off a single 1 wound model per game haha.

My preference is to use them as 5 man units for whatever the need is. They make for solid screens on their long bases, fast forward objective grabbers, or to harass flanks and threaten back field objectives/support characters. Basically they're swiss army knives that shore up gaps in your composition and can bring  flexibility in game. I can't imagine running them in huge units though because, like you said, there are so many better choices, but a couple minimum size units can be really useful. 

• Like 1