AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

3 hours ago, pollo1126 said:

@Battlefury

Great write up and thanks for the info. How many khorgoraths did you take? I'm thinking 3 in one unit. I also agree with you on the mighty Lord of khorne. His damage is laughable, but it is really fun to run him as a phsyogical weapon. You have to chat up the fact that he can one shot guys and constantly remind your opponent that nagash is not long for this world. With his thermalrider cloak he can zip around and hopefully keep enemy heroes from important places. Granted, any good opponent will just ignore him, but against newer players he is stupidly fun.

I have used 3 of them, but each model as a single "unit". Why though? I have mostyl chaffed up important enemy unit(s) with all of them. It forced the enemy to split his hits to them and with 8 wounds they are pretty resiliant for 100 points each. In each game at least 1 of them stayed until turn 5, since each one of them heals up that 1 wound, when they inflicted damage.

In a unit otherwise, they have a bravery that is not that great. Having one running away due to BS is pretty harsh though with their 100 points.

2 hours ago, Duck1986 said:

He's similar to this one

He's a 7th edition Bloodthirster. He's fine. Just put him on a little pedestal to help him to shine. If someone cries about LOS, just give it to them. No tournament will reject him under those circumstances.

1 hour ago, Louzi said:

Wow! What he says is true and I find it very strange how censorship becomes more and more an issue on tga. Nobody wants to see flamers, but this is just...lol?

What he says is unimaginative, broadbrushed whining and hyperbole. There is a post almost immediately after his that offers some ways to make Archaon quite scary via Khorne. I'm sure there are others who would be happy to elaborate or problem-solve. Nobody got censored at all.  The people who pay actual money to maintain this site don't want it to become Whineseer or 4chan. It's as simple as that. 

So what are you working on at the moment mate?  Here is my latest list. I'd love to get your criticisms and suggestions for improvement:

Allegiance: Khorne
- Slaughterhost: The Goretide
Mortal Realm: Chamon
Daemon Prince of Khorne (160)
- General
- Trait: Hew the Foe 
- Artefact: Rune Blade 
Bloodsecrator (140)
- Artefact: Thronebreaker's Torc 
Bloodstoker (80)
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Blood Sacrifice
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
40 x Chaos Marauders (200)
- Axes & Shields
1 x Chaos Warshrine (160)
- Blood Blessing: Brazen Fury
10 x Skullreapers (360)
- Goreslick Blades
5 x Wrathmongers (140)
Gore Pilgrims (140)
Bleeding Icon (40)
Hexgorger Skulls (40)
Wrath-Axe (60)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1

Wounds153

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Roark said:

He's a 7th edition Bloodthirster. He's fine. Just put him on a little pedestal to help him to shine. If someone cries about LOS, just give it to them. No tournament will reject him under those circumstances.

What he says is unimaginative, broadbrushed whining and hyperbole. There is a post almost immediately after his that offers some ways to make Archaon quite scary via Khorne. I'm sure there are others who would be happy to elaborate or problem-solve. Nobody got censored at all.  The people who pay actual money to maintain this site don't want it to become Whineseer or 4chan. It's as simple as that. 

So what are you working on at the moment mate?  Here is my latest list. I'd love to get your criticisms and suggestions for improvement:

- General
Bloodsecrator (140)
Bloodstoker (80)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Slaughterpriest (100)
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
- Axes & Shields
10 x Skullreapers (360)
- Goreslick Blades
5 x Wrathmongers (140)
Gore Pilgrims (140)
Bleeding Icon (40)
Hexgorger Skulls (40)
Wrath-Axe (60)

Wounds153

Biggest issue you’ll have is killing power. You will have a hard time taking and holding points. Seems kind of support heavy without punch or staying power.

6 minutes ago, Sneeto said:

Biggest issue you’ll have is killing power. You will have a hard time taking and holding points. Seems kind of support heavy without punch or staying power.

Cheers mate. What would you suggest has more killing power than, say, 10 Skullreapers with 6 attacks each rerolling everything?

Edit: In terms of staying power, the intention is for the Marauders to stick with the Shrine for immunity to battleshock, as a kind of bulwark with the 6++ and maybe Bronzed Flesh.

Edited by Roark

23 minutes ago, Roark said:

Cheers mate. What would you suggest has more killing power than, say, 10 Skullreapers with 6 attacks each rerolling everything?

Edit: In terms of staying power, the intention is for the Marauders to stick with the Shrine for immunity to battleshock, as a kind of bulwark with the 6++ and maybe Bronzed Flesh.

Reapers will do work, but what would you have doing damage when they are chaffed up or slugging it out? 

Edit: consider dropping 100 points of prayers and bringing in 5 hounds or 5 warriors, backed by priests. Hounds will be more killy but the warriors have good staying power. With good placement you can keep priests wholly within 8inch of your altar blasting with blood boil and reaching mid field objectives enemies with the warriors/etc holding the line 

Edited by Sneeto

1 minute ago, jazman84 said:

How is the nerfed bloodstoker going for people with his Wholly within & mortal only rules? To me it really reduces his effectiveness.

I feel a Skullgrinder would be a much better choice.

I like to run a bloodstoker in every list that contains mostly mortals. The +3 inch run and charge is great to get guys to the place you want them and with the goretide you can get a unit of reavers 20+2d6 inches in one turn. In later turns the reroll wounds ability is very strong. Every Khorne unit likes this, and it makes you even killier! You can't really compare this guy to a skullgrinder since they fill different roles. The skullgrinder is a melee beatstick, he's only there to get buffs and charge into the enemies. The bloodstoker is meant to hang back and buff your guys. If your army needs more damage and a target to buff, add a skullgrinder, but if you have 80 points left and an open hero slot, the bloodstoker is probably the better choice. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, pollo1126 said:

@Battlefury

Great write up and thanks for the info. How many khorgoraths did you take? I'm thinking 3 in one unit. I also agree with you on the mighty Lord of khorne. His damage is laughable, but it is really fun to run him as a phsyogical weapon. You have to chat up the fact that he can one shot guys and constantly remind your opponent that nagash is not long for this world. With his thermalrider cloak he can zip around and hopefully keep enemy heroes from important places. Granted, any good opponent will just ignore him, but against newer players he is stupidly fun.

Though one nice thing about the reality-splitting axe is the effect happens at the end of any phase he does damage in, so if you use blood tithe to pile him in in the hero phase, you’ve got a chance to kill them there!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Roark said:

- General
Bloodsecrator (140)
Bloodstoker (80)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Slaughterpriest (100)
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
- Axes & Shields
10 x Skullreapers (360)
- Goreslick Blades
5 x Wrathmongers (140)
Gore Pilgrims (140)
Bleeding Icon (40)
Hexgorger Skulls (40)
Wrath-Axe (60)

Wounds153

I play something pretty similar, also gorepilgrims and it’s a good fun list to play. Keep the army together and play the mission as it’s horrible to take apart. I have noticed people get confused when you don’t have a big monster on the table

just a few differences w my list

I take 2 blocks of 10 blood warriors: they are so tanky that two units will hold up a lot of stuff; however I have fewer reapers.  I would consider changing your marauders for blood warriors to take advantage of the goretide effect. But i can see why you have them in.

I take Just 1 judgement and take a  khorgorath: adds some killing power that’s a bit more reliable than judgements

Blade of judgement on the prince can be devastating. It has to be dealt with, so the opponent is reacting to you. 

Consider a resanguination to heal someone, it’s funny doing that to the model you just sacrificed

controversially I often play with out a slaughterhost, in those cases the blood secrator gets the wrath banner and 5+ ward save

One thing I am trying to work out is adding in a chimera and having it wander the board with a blood warrior screen. Those D6 mortal wounds at range protected by those warriors is pretty appealing. 

I just need to get my new GHB today so I can see the points and what needs to change

10 hours ago, Roark said:

Could we agree, that different people have different experience, and just because someone might have a use of stuf, others don't see any benefit in, it doesn't mean, that because of that one the others are all wrong?

Can we also agree, that pying money is no authorization at all, to judge any opinion and experience?

1 hour ago, Battlefury said:

Could we agree, that different people have different experience, and just because someone might have a use of stuf, others don't see any benefit in, it doesn't mean, that because of that one the others are all wrong?

Can we also agree, that pying money is no authorization at all, to judge any opinion and experience?

Literally they are paid to judge though, so it is authorization.  Thats like going to traffic court and telling the judge that "just because you are paid doesnt mean you get to judge me." 

• Like 1

Archaon is a very all or nothing list. Buff him up, shove him forward and your opponent can either deal with him using the reapers of vengeance to fight twice or they can't. I often pair him with the blood forged batallion and goretide for extra rerolls and fight twice wrath mongers. 

With the price drops in ghb 2019 I'm tempted to try this list out:

- Artefact: Ghyrstrike 
Doombull of Khorne (120)
Skullgrinder (80)
- General
- Trait: Violent Urgency 
Slaughterpriest (100)
Bloodsecrator (140)
- Banner of Khorne (Artefact): Banner of Rage
10 x Gors of Khorne (70)
10 x Gors of Khorne (70)
10 x Gors of Khorne (70)
10 x Bestigors of Khorne (120)
10 x Bestigors of Khorne (120)
6 x Bullgors of Khorne (320)
4 x Tuskgor Chariots of Khorne (200)
Ghorgon of Khorne (200)
Brass Despoilers (190)
Hexgorger Skulls (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 144

Not sure how the chariots will do, but as a self contained threat they could do work. That or run around supporting the dp. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2019 at 8:14 PM, Battlefury said:

#Competetive

I was thinking about Khorgoraths a lot too.  Main issue with them is finding enough models or a replacement.

Imagine this:

-Khorgorath host

-Skulltake battalion

You now have a bloodstoker, 2x skullreapers and a big unit of khorgoraths and 2 out of 3 battleline units all in one package. Stoker buffs 1 reaper unit, has battalion buff bubble (that kinda equals to +1 to wound statistically) and he or someone else can use CP on khorgoraths. This gives you 3 buffed solid hammer units, 2 out of 3 of which reroll hit/wounds, and we haven't even took anything in addition to the battalion yet.

At this point I think Khorgorath host is actually better than Goretide.  It gives reapers hit rerolls against heroes/monsters which they really lack.  It has a CP ability that makes Khorgoraths into our most cost-efficient hammer unit, it almost doubles their output, kinda like the double tap in Reapers host.  It gives you a thirster/daemon prince general with +2 attacks and additional BPs from killing heroes (exactly what you want them to do). Meanwhile, in Goretide you get sort of useless CP ability and rerolls that get overwritten by Bloodstoker (that you already want in your mortal host).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fwlr said:

What are these new rules? Has the GHB made it restrictive? If so that's a damn shame.

The table is now composed of 10 scenery, each 6 away from another, 6 away from the border and 3  away from an objective. Your altar hat to follow the same rule.

Goodbye altar, it was nice playing with you. Now priests are again on 4+ unrerollable.

Edited by kozokus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kozokus said:

The table is now composed of 10 scenery, each 6 away from another, 6 away from the border and 3  away from an objective. Your altar hat to follow the same rule.

Goodbye altar, it was nice playing with you. Now priests are again on 4+ unrerollable.

Wow.

That really sucks.

4 hours ago, kozokus said:

Good thing I didn't buy it.

Are Slaughterpriests that reliable then again? I don't think so, tbh.

Is someone having flashbacks too, when our old book came out and almost everything, that was actually good went to sh*t during the rules erratas & GH's since then?

Well, priests where basically lvl3 wizards that can cast on 75% success chance with no unbind possible. That seems too good to be true. I am ok.

What strikes me hard is that now there are models you can buy a leg, take time to paint but can't actually play. :(

half of the battle plans have strict tight territory where a single scenery can prevent you from ddooping your altar/ loonshrine /fane.

• Like 1