AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

14 hours ago, Kaz said:

ly intimidating for me(and my wallet) but I might actually grab him and try

I've had one game. He moved to 3" away from a unit of skinks then failed a charge due to rain giving -1" to charge (we almost always use Open War). I rerolled and failed again.

My opponent then charged him and shot him, doing 19 wounds to him. 

The objective was Invasion. I had it set up to win next turn, so my opponent quit. A win after Turn One!

• Like 1

Slaanesh look pretty cool... The models are 'perfect' and their rules....

BUT NOT AS COOL AS KHORNE BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD COME ON BOYS WE'LL HARVEST THESE SELF PROCLAIMED PRETENDERS SKULLS UNTIL ALL THAT IS LEFT OF THEM IS PASTED FLESH AND DUSTED BONES WHO CARES IF WE STRIKE LAST KHORNE CARES NOT!

Okay now I'm done letting out my khornate energy, let's show these suckers how its done eh? What can be done against these silly strike last rules? I refuse to have my three thirsters fall apart in the face of these 'greater' daemons of slaanesh- but did we get hard countered here by the very ones we hate?

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, fwlr said:

Slaanesh look pretty cool... The models are 'perfect' and their rules....

BUT NOT AS COOL AS KHORNE BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD COME ON BOYS WE'LL HARVEST THESE SELF PROCLAIMED PRETENDERS SKULLS UNTIL ALL THAT IS LEFT OF THEM IS PASTED FLESH AND DUSTED BONES WHO CARES IF WE STRIKE LAST KHORNE CARES NOT!

Okay now I'm done letting out my khornate energy, let's show these suckers how its done eh? What can be done against these silly strike last rules? I refuse to have my three thirsters fall apart in the face of these 'greater' daemons of slaanesh- but did we get hard countered here by the very ones we hate?

I’ve actually been discussing with my Slaanesh friend/regular playmate about this, as well as the other previews so far, and here’s what I’ve surmised:
We probably can’t tailor list counters in a tournament, as there are many other lists other than Slaanesh, but we can play around their abilities. And maybe tailor a little. 

Cant really plan for euphoric killers, it’s a straightforward buff. Interesting note by my playmate was that it’s somewhat less reliable than locus of fury, since it relies on a 6. It does mean that slaanesh players will be incentivized to play large units, so we can expect our reapers to possibly do a lot of work. 

For Locus of Diversion, combined with Depravity Points (DPs), players are likely to use a lot of heroes. These heroes are unlikely to be solely buff bots, most of them will be able to do damage, and generate more DPs. The multi-wound aspect of these heroes means that whatever happens, they will get those DPs for taking damage. The question is, killing them before they can deal enough damage to generate more DPs. Furthermore, one boon for us is that our Blood Tithe isn’t too dependent on our heroes surviving, unlike DPs. 

For the Locus, it’s not extremely reliable, but it is extremely dangerous. We can expect Shalaxi to be used to bait Bloodthirsters into melee, then debuffed hard. Same with Keepers and Daemon Princes, who may be used to hunt our characters to farm DPs. 

It does reward our MSU playstyle. More MSUs, less targets to divert, and more blood Tithe for us. 

Another weapon we have is Apoplectic Frenzy, allowing us to fight even when we’re dead. Blood Warriors, Wrathmongers, Skarr Bloodwrath and Skullreapers feel solid for this reason. Especially Blood Warriors with offensive buffs. 

Shalaxi and Keeper are both stronger than our Bloodthirster in terms of melee damage, but lack strong ranged attacks, (all of our Bloodthirsters can hurt you from a range). Naturally, Keepers with Living Whips, and Shalaxi, are both definite counters to our bloodthirsters. However, my friend says she suspects the keepers will be more expensive than our Unfettered Fury and Insensate Rage, possibly about wrath of khorne’s cost, or a bit more, due to all their special rules. 

They’ve got less buffing support for their units, I noticed. Seemingly little ways of gaining re-rolls to wound, which can stop their torrent of attacks, and so far they seem only able to access re-roll hit rolls of 1 from Pretenders or Syl’esske. 

Remember: Slaanesh Battleline troops seem to rely on a LOT of attacks to kill us. 10 man Gorefist Blood Warriors might actually do the trick, buffed with Damage stuff like Bloodstoker. Lots of chances to reflect mortal wounds. In my case, it’s worked against Plague Monk deathstar blobs that my Skaven brother loved to use. 

Syl’Esske can circumvent battleshock, other than that is a beat stick character with a command ability similar to Korghos. Hes a powerful force multiplier , and needs to be put down quickly.

They seem to use a LOT of magic, having 3 spell Lords (!), and are likely to use the Contorted Epitome a lot, it buffs magic, so reapers are gonna do some serious work here. Same with Hexgorgers. I think Bloodsecrator is a solid choice as always for Loathsome Sorcery, tho watch out for any “overcharge” spells, he might accidentally trigger them! 

For Invaders, be warned: they get command points when each of their 3 chosen “generals” die. Little we can do, since killing their heroes is still extremely important. They generate DPs by getting onto our territory. For this, I feel our aggressive playstyle helps here. We are slow, but in almsot every game, I’ve found my army usually pushes forward into their territory, so it should stem DP generation. 

The Godseekers are likely to do a lot of summoning to try fishing for 8 inch charges. Other than that, they generate DPs by charging, in that aspect, harder to deny them because their units are extremely fast. 

For Pretenders, they’re likely to field large units. Also, their general will likely be an extremely strong beatstick. I’d say sniping their general is the best way to deny their DPs. Remember, our MSU approach here must be remembered, because the general gets more DPs if he’s within 3 inches of 3 or more enemy units (that’s us)

As such, Slaanesh has an extreme emphasis on its heroes. They help DP generation a lot, and are normally strong combat characters. Sniping them may be the best option. Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster, Insensate Rage, blood boils, wrath axes, could help take on such heroes.

Anyway, I’m actually gonna buy the battletome, because I want to read the lore (I’ve done this with all the factions I‘m not playing, I jut love lore), buuuut I will read the rules and come back with an analysis of how we can fight them. HOWEVER, it’s gonna be extremely hard for me to resist the temptation to pick up Syl’Esske (their model is gorgeous) 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Chocolate Obturator said:

Thank you also, as to your queries;

Do you feel the Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage is worth without being buffer?

At full wounds  my Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage with + 2 attacks from the Skullfiend artifact would get the killing frenzy and hopefully stay in range of my Bloodscrator for a full 8 hits which tended to result in at least 5 x D6 wounds with a good chance for carnage to trigger.  I don't tend to invest anything else apart from the odd heal to knock him up a wound band if there is nothing else needing healed after he starts to lose wounds. Even on a single wound with the above setup he gets 6 attacks at -2 rend for D6 damage without any loss in accuracy or  regular wounding ability.

And how are the skullfiend tribe and the Khorgoraths at their current points?

My normal opponents have a healthy respect for the Khorgraths when a hero is within range. I tend to give them bronzed flesh . The fact it is so command point intensive (each combat phase) is the only reason I dropped them from 2 squads of 3.  In range of the Bloodscrator I can count on them to do 18 wounds at 2 damage before saves for a relatively small footprint in a four "man" unit. I like them a lot in a Skullfiend Tribe even without the little extras they bring like shooting, a better than average move and the chance to heal a wound so I think 100pts is a fair price for them.

Was the re-roll to hits of 1 coming up often?

The re-rolling ones when within range of an enemy hero I forget almost every match apart from the last where a necromancer was bubble-wrapped by the skeletons and were fighting my Knights.

Enemy heroes counted as being slain by an attack for purposes of the Skullfiend command trait?

It happened once during the day and my opponent was quite happy to give me two blood-tithe.

Thanks for in-depth answers! This has me back to considering bringing out the Skullfiend tribe again! What do you feel are the optimum number of khorgies to make a Skullfiend tribe list particularly strong?   

2 hours ago, Sleboda said:

I've had one game. He moved to 3" away from a unit of skinks then failed a charge due to rain giving -1" to charge (we almost always use Open War). I rerolled and failed again.

My opponent then charged him and shot him, doing 19 wounds to him. 

The objective was Invasion. I had it set up to win next turn, so my opponent quit. A win after Turn One!

A well deserved win :) I thought Archaon has good defenses? How many skinks were there? 

one thing I noticed after some games is that the Juggerlord is actually quite legit. When I bring Mighty lord, he’s a bit more vulnerable to sniping, especially magic, than the Juggerlord. Yet when I bring a Juggerlord, the enemy try to ignore him. Interesting... 

Juggerlord feels strong in Skullfiend tribe rather than Goretide, after playing some games with Skaven, I’ve noticed it’s quite easy to get the buff from Goretide, thus wasting the Juggerlord’s command ability. 

Mighty Lord feels great in both, while my luck with his axe is astronomically bad(like seriously, I think Tzeentch is laughing at me), I see my regular opponents give him a HUGE berth, not willing to take the risk lest they get splatted by his axe. Literally the best I’ve done is to reality split a wounded chaos warrior.... 

So the Mignty Lord has good support, also because if the enemy does ignore him, his support has been immsnesly useful. I like his command ability a lot, and his unbind is helpful. The board control afforded by him is actually really helpful. 

The Jugerlord has better damage, his command also buffs damage, and he’s still amazingly Tanky. But he feels best into Skullfiend or no slaughterhost, because Goretide feels like it wastes some of his points... 

i like both still, although Juggerlord could use a small points drop.  

22 minutes ago, Kaz said:

well deserved win :) I thought Archaon has good defenses? How many skinks were there? 

Thanks!

He has a 3+ and forces one pip to reroll, which was sixes in this case. 

He hit Archaon with the lazer, 6 rippers, the riders on the engine, one salamander, and 30 skinks.

• Like 1

Good points on fighting Slaanesh @Kaz

Two additional thoughts for countering Locus of Diversion: 1) Assuming they get the charge off, Skullcrushers and Bloodcrushers are less affected in that a significant portion of their damage comes in the charge phase instead of the combat phase. 2) The Doppelganger Cloak artifact seems like a hard counter, as long as I'm interpreting everything correctly - and of course only for the bearer. Locus would force our hero to fight at the end of the phase. Opponent activates first but cannot target hero with the cloak until it has already fought, forcing the opponent to forfeit activation (if nothing else in range). Therefore they'd never want to use Locus of Diversion on a hero with Doppelganger cloak. Seems useful on a Bloodthirster.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Render said:

Two additional thoughts for countering Locus of Diversion: 1) Assuming they get the charge off, Skullcrushers and Bloodcrushers are less affected in that a significant portion of their damage comes in the charge phase instead of the combat phase. 2) The Doppelganger Cloak artifact seems like a hard counter, as long as I'm interpreting everything correctly - and of course only for the bearer. Locus would force our hero to fight at the end of the phase. Opponent activates first but cannot target hero with the cloak until it has already fought, forcing the opponent to forfeit activation (if nothing else in range). Therefore they'd never want to use Locus of Diversion on a hero with Doppelganger cloak. Seems useful on a Bloodthirster.

They asked about the 6in pile was a at to force opponent to lose an sctivation the answer was no. So it would mean he gets to activate but not before you.

Hello from slaanesh world! Another thing to remember for us degenerates are some of other favorite units. Fiends will want to go after your monsters as well so even if one plays pretenders for the solo monster mash, bringing support when the game calls for it will always be the call. For myself, if my big monster that has come to ruin your day may be threatened, they will definitely have support and then go off on their own till they are ready. Hellstriders, unless massively changed, are what helps slaanesh survive currently as they hand out a bubble of -1 to all hit rolls. I used to play pretenders for big squads but still took these guys as they were absolutely pivotal to winning games. 

• Thanks 1

Wow this was a really productive day in this thread. There was so much good stuff to read by the time i got home and could relax. 

@ledha thanks for the report, look forward to more!

Thanks for that insight @Chocolate Obturator i have yet to take a close look at a Skullfiend list but between you and @Kaz discussion im gonna have to give this more consideration. 

Also i have been thinking about getting Archaon. I will definitely at some point, maybe soon, but there always seems to be something more pressing to purchase. Thanks @Sleboda please keep us updated if you use him again.

Slaanesh can be defeated, you can play around their diversion and debuffs. Daemonettes are glass, strap on your gorefist. Nuke their heroes with priest. There is no telling what goodies there could be for Khorne not only in new StD but possibly Warcry, its silly to count your eggs before they hatch. Blood for the blood God, skulls for the skull throne.

50 minutes ago, Poryague said:

They asked about the 6in pile was a at to force opponent to lose an sctivation the answer was no. So it would mean he gets to activate but not before you.

They don't lose the activation, they can still activate and pile in but can't target the doppleganger cloak hero with melee weapons. So it work really well against locus of diversion.

Edited by Saodexan

48 minutes ago, Saodexan said:

They don't lose the activation, they can still activate and pile in but can't target the doppleganger cloak hero with melee weapons. So it work really well against locus of diversion.

Even in the event it would do that which I doubt. they can pick a different unit to attack last.

20 minutes ago, Poryague said:

Even in the event it would do that which I doubt. they can pick a different unit to attack last.

Attack last happen in a different sub phase. Don't forget the combat phase have 3 sub phase, Start, During, End. Attack Last happen in the end, nobody can attack after someone affected by the locust. You can read about it here https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/21/who-fights-first/ .

Anyway, doppleganger cloak will still work very well.

Hey long time khorne lurker and I am working on a 2k list for a tourney in Scotland in July. Its a bit of an odd one and CC is much appreciated, but its also  thematic list that I am fairly happy with.

Slaughterhost; Goretide

Realm; Ghur

General; Bloodsecrator (140) hew the foe, banner of wrath

Leaders;
slaughterpriest (100) -killing frenzy 
Slaughterpriest (100) -bronzed flesh
Bloodstoker (80) -thronebreakers torc
Doombull of khorne (120)- Anraheirs claw 

Battleline;
Bloodreavers ×10 (70) meatripper axes

Units;
Bullgors ×6 (320) great axe
Bestigors ×10 (120)
Bestigors ×10 (120)
Ungors ×10 (60)

Behemoths;
Ghorgon (200)

Terrain;
Altar of skulls

Judgements;
Wrath axe (60)
Hexgorger skulls (40)

Battalions;
Brass despoilers (190)
Dark feast (110)

1990/2000 points
3cp turn one
3 artefacts
Wounds; 128

Apologies for any bad formatting, hard to do on my phone. 

Edited by Shad0wStormed
Spelling errors
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Kaz said:

Remember: Slaanesh Battleline troops seem to rely on a LOT of attacks to kill us. 10 man Gorefist Blood Warriors might actually do the trick, buffed with Damage stuff like Bloodstoker.

Got to admit, that I would do it different.

It is correct to use Blood Warriors, but don't take groups of 10!
Why?
If you bind like 200 points to an enemy group, they can push a lot of damage into your group causing a lot of BW to be slain. If we rely on the Gorefists, it doesn't matter how many BW are in the group, because the saves are gonna come anyway to the same amount of saves.
So the logic is, to take groups of 5 BWs. But therefore we have 2x the amount of actual BW units on the field. Yes, they won't do damage, but they won't even with the Gorecleaver anyway.

So the strategy is:
Take 5er groups BW, run into the enemy with 1 at a time. When that units crumbles, charge in the next one. Eat up those saves over and over again. He will not move enaywhere, due to the shier amount of BW groups we have then. He will literally waste potential on thos little 5er groups, by having that much A for them. And he will get the same amount of MW each time. And we will gain more BT points to counter them.

I would say that's the way to go.
When you have to wipe his group, that's in the BW combat, just bring in the Skullreapers, or anythng, when he HAS ALREADY FOUGHT. Timing is key then to bring in a unit, when he is kind of done hitting your BWs.

Hopefully you understand, what I am trying to say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Saodexan said:

Attack last happen in a different sub phase. Don't forget the combat phase have 3 sub phase, Start, During, End. Attack Last happen in the end, nobody can attack after someone affected by the locust. You can read about it here https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/21/who-fights-first/ .

Anyway, doppleganger cloak will still work very well.

Don't forget that the Doppelganger Cloak has been FAQ'd to only be a once per battle. Still strong if you use it at the opportune moment and as a deterrent to using the locus on that hero but not quite as strong as it was.

On 4/23/2019 at 4:06 PM, Kaz said:

Thanks for report! I see the reapers did really well, what were your thoughts on the Wrathmongers? Is it better to run 2 units rather than 1? And was their damage sufficient for their cost? 

They have an excellent damage output, yes, i think it's the most undercosted unit of the mortal khorne side. 2 unit gave me a lot of cover for the +1 attack and their range made them very useful to fight behind my troop or to gangup on a lone character. I really recommand to always take 2 unitin your khorne army if you have enough points for it.

Anyway... ROUND 2 ! 

Esoteric sites, with the 3 objectives only wizards and item-bearer character can cap. Urh. Hate this one, with only one slaughterpriest and my bloodsecrator being able to give me points. And i was... against a stormcast army. A very subtle one, with 2x20 sequitors backed by 2 castellants, one Heraldor, 3x5 liberators and 5 as well as 10 evocators.

1559218717_secondbattle.jpg.670029186d9119f25d821d4e33f7b983.jpg

So, i have 2 unit who can cap vs 3 (his item bearer and two units of evocators). Ouch. I decide to focus on center and my left flank, and ignore the right flank. I take the first turn, and run my bloodsecrator and slaughterpriest to the middle and left flank, with 20 bloodwarriors and 5 skullreapers in the center, 10 skullreapers and 5 wrathmonger on my left, and 10 bloodreavers and 5 wrathmongers on my right. They are placed to prevent the evocator for reaching the point at least one turn even with charge+pile-in. However, i'm at great risk because my heroes had to run 6 to join the objectives points, and my units were behind with ****** run rolls. I had no choice to hope for my opponent to miss his charges and not having the double turn.

I summon the skulls on my left flank to block a large part of it from my opponent (there is a huge scenery who protect this point from melee, making it hard to access)

He deepstrile 10 evocators and 2x5 libs on my left flank, while the rest of his army (20 sequitors+castellant+5liberators on center, 20 sequitors+5 evocators and castellant on my right) advance. His heraldor hurt my heroes on the center, because i was dumb enough to put the altar near the objective point. I'm EXTREMELY LUCKY here because my opponent fail all of his charges, and don't have the double turn. If he had either, i could have lost here and there.

I take the turn, and shield my slaughterpriest on the left from my opponent's evocators with buffed skullreapers and the hexgorger skulls. I use bloodboil to do some mortal wounds on the castellant and kill him. On the center of the battlefield, 5 skullreapers charge the liberators, while the others (with+1 to hit), helped by 10 bloodwarriors and 5 wrathmongers, charge the big block of 20 sequitor. Seeing the ennemy heraldor is not well protected, My other unit of bloodwarrior use the goretide ability to run+charge him and engage the other block of sequitors. I kill the heraldor as well as the 5 liberators, 1 gryph-hound and 6 sequitors. Themselves don't do much in return, fighting units ignoring rend-1 and having few space to manoeuver.

My opponents turn start. I use the bloodtithe so my skullreapers strike the enemy sequitors in the hero, killing even more of them (no castellant light+no reroll save because it's not the combat phase). My opponent charge my right flank with his evocators and engage it with his sequitors (because of the pile-in), killing everyone. On the left, liberators and evocators engage the armored skullreapers and nearly kill them all, but don't have enough space to manoeuver enough to reach the slaughterpriest, while the sequitors in the middle continue to lose against my wrathmongers/skullreapers/bloodwarriors, who kill a gryph-hound.

Turn 3. I'm happy because center is secured by left flank is crumbling. I use blood tithe to make retreat then move my bloodwarriors to make a second defensive line for the slaughterpriest. I summon the axe, and use as much blood boil as possible to kill evocators, and charge the second blob of sequitors with the skullreapers who killed the liberators previously, engaging in a confusing melee. The big blob of sequitors end up killed, while the second

My opponent surrend at the end of the turn, because i have too many points and he won"t be able to catch up fast enough.

Major victory, a lot thanks to being lucky on initiative roll and my opponent lack of luck.

Edited by ledha
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Thanks!

He has a 3+ and forces one pip to reroll, which was sixes in this case. 

He hit Archaon with the lazer, 6 rippers, the riders on the engine, one salamander, and 30 skinks.

By the War God, that’s a lot. At least Archaon’s one heck of a Tanky boi. What kind of heroes with command abilities do you like to take to synergize with his command ability? 

10 hours ago, Render said:

Good ideas mate, methinks for pile ins, the Unfettered Fury actually got my attention... his 6 inches pile in helps. The enemy can hit him with Locus of diversion, but it would technically mean that they can’t pile in and attack IF your daemons are more than 3 inches away, hence your guys could actually get the pile in and attack, and his guys would’ve possibly wasted their turns, UNLESS Slaanesh has ways to increase pile in range... 

9 hours ago, carnith said:

Hello from slaanesh world! Another thing to remember for us degenerates are some of other favorite units. Fiends will want to go after your monsters as well so even if one plays pretenders for the solo monster mash, bringing support when the game calls for it will always be the call. For myself, if my big monster that has come to ruin your day may be threatened, they will definitely have support and then go off on their own till they are ready. Hellstriders, unless massively changed, are what helps slaanesh survive currently as they hand out a bubble of -1 to all hit rolls. I used to play pretenders for big squads but still took these guys as they were absolutely pivotal to winning games. 

Ho, you’re a brave Slaaneshi aren’t ya... just kidding, thanks for the advice! I forgot about that, Fiends are terrifying, and  Extremely fast... as far as fiends are concerned, I’ve so far failed horribly against them, when they’re brought in large enough units, I open to anybody’s ideas to take them out; their debuffs are brutal. 

On that note, it’s true that slaanesh’s Greatest strengths lies in its sheer debuff Powers, even moreso now with the Locus, the new dark temptations, and the subvert spell that syll’esske Has. 

One note: When offered a gift by the Keeper of Secrets, I think whether we should accept or not depends on the circumstances: An Insensate rage thirster might actually use it very well; sure he’s got a good chance of dying, but before he dies, he might just obliterate half your opponent’s army before he explodes, and if he dies, MORE BLOOD TITHE! Plus he’s cheap-ish. And if he doesn’t accept, he’s taking D3 mortal wounds, which might knock him down the damage table (which is really bad), and he’ll still probably die anyway to the keeper’s super strong attacks (That crab claw hurts...) 

A wrath of Khorne might not need it much thanks to his re rolls. 

I feel it also depends on your heroes’ wounds left; if the guys gonna die (like 2 wounds left), might as well accept and go out in a blaze of glory. 

On the other hand, halo of blood might be really helpful if you’re charging your Bloodthirster into a keeper of secrets... it might protect him (kinda) from the Locus of diversion

now that I think about it, large units of Fiends might be potentially weak to a skull Cannon, charging juggernauts, judgements or blood boils, which might be useful against them, I can’t think of much else

48 minutes ago, Battlefury said:

Got to admit, that I would do it different.

It is correct to use Blood Warriors, but don't take groups of 10!
Why?
If you bind like 200 points to an enemy group, they can push a lot of damage into your group causing a lot of BW to be slain. If we rely on the Gorefists, it doesn't matter how many BW are in the group, because the saves are gonna come anyway to the same amount of saves.
So the logic is, to take groups of 5 BWs. But therefore we have 2x the amount of actual BW units on the field. Yes, they won't do damage, but they won't even with the Gorecleaver anyway.

So the strategy is:
Take 5er groups BW, run into the enemy with 1 at a time. When that units crumbles, charge in the next one. Eat up those saves over and over again. He will not move enaywhere, due to the shier amount of BW groups we have then. He will literally waste potential on thos little 5er groups, by having that much A for them. And he will get the same amount of MW each time. And we will gain more BT points to counter them.

I would say that's the way to go.
When you have to wipe his group, that's in the BW combat, just bring in the Skullreapers, or anythng, when he HAS ALREADY FOUGHT. Timing is key then to bring in a unit, when he is kind of done hitting your BWs.

Hopefully you understand, what I am trying to say.

Hm, good point actually, i’ll Admit I’m just really used to using a Goreglaive and having an Icon Bearer (always felt the extra bravery helped). I think taking a mix might be best..? For example, in a Bloodmad warband, 1 10 man unit as a brick/core, with 2 5 man suicide units... it’s actually quite a legit idea, and gets max use of No Respire and our gorefists... 

Ya know what? I’m gonna test out 5 blood warrior units more. That’s an interesting idea actually 

1 hour ago, Shad0wStormed said:

Hey long time khorne lurker and I am working on a 2k list for a tourney in Scotland in July. Its a bit of an odd one and CC is much appreciated, but its also  thematic list that I am fairly happy with.

Slaughterhost; Goretide

Realm; Ghur

Leaders;

Battleline;

Units;
Bestigors ×10 (120)
Bestigors ×10 (120)
Ungors ×10 (60)

Behemoths;
Ghorgon (200)

Terrain;
Altar of skulls

Judgements;
Wrath axe (60)
Hexgorger skulls (40)

Battalions;
Brass despoilers (190)
Dark feast (110)

1990/2000 points
3cp turn one
3 artefacts
Wounds; 128

A thematic list that’s for fun which you’re happy with is better than a mini-maxed list IF you’re playing casual :) . If playing competitive, then that’s a different story.

Any idea how competitive the tourney is? Or is it relatively relaxed? 

Are you sure you can bring the ungors? Or are you bringing them as allies? Personally, I’d swap them for either a command point, or Garrek’s Reavers (great budget unit and cheap blood tithe). 

In terms of Battalions, do you feel you’ee Using too many? Getting 3 CPs and 3 artifacts is sweet, although ive noticed most brass Despoilers lists tend to only use the brass Despoilers Battalion (it’s pretty expensive), and usually try to fit in Wrathmongers for more hammers and support to let the bullgors get another attack. 

Ghorgon’s Great, I think he’s a super fun option to bring. 

Between hexgorger and murderous Icon, I usually prefer the icon since sometimes the lists I face have no magic, making my hexgorgers cry salty tears instead of blood :(   

Plus icon combined with axe is brutal 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Kaz hitting them with mortal wounds will help. Blood boil them can reduce their numbers. Hit them from ranged. Their debuffs only come from combat. But if a player plays as aggressively and defensively as I do, I will be bringing hellstriders and fiends to that fight with a blood thirsters so that you only hit on a 5 or 6. Ranged damage will murder them so a skull cannon that hits will go right through their armor.  Use of your guys endless spells will hurt them as another source of mortal wounds. 

To get around locus of diversion at the moment would be placing high priority targets 2.5” from chaff so that you can try bait slaanesh into putting the debuff on the hero instead allowing the keeper to murder chaff and giving you a pile in to attack. This could backfire and they place the diversion on the chaff forcing you to activate your hero early. Someone like khul with his insane pile in could get around this. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kaz said:

Hm, good point actually, i’ll Admit I’m just really used to using a Goreglaive and having an Icon Bearer (always felt the extra bravery helped). I think taking a mix might be best..? For example, in a Bloodmad warband, 1 10 man unit as a brick/core, with 2 5 man suicide units... it’s actually quite a legit idea, and gets max use of No Respire and our gorefists... 

Ya know what? I’m gonna test out 5 blood warrior units more. That’s an interesting idea actually 

A thematic list that’s for fun which you’re happy with is better than a mini-maxed list IF you’re playing casual :) . If playing competitive, then that’s a different story.

Any idea how competitive the tourney is? Or is it relatively relaxed? 

Are you sure you can bring the ungors? Or are you bringing them as allies? Personally, I’d swap them for either a command point, or Garrek’s Reavers (great budget unit and cheap blood tithe). 

In terms of Battalions, do you feel you’ee Using too many? Getting 3 CPs and 3 artifacts is sweet, although ive noticed most brass Despoilers lists tend to only use the brass Despoilers Battalion (it’s pretty expensive), and usually try to fit in Wrathmongers for more hammers and support to let the bullgors get another attack. 

Ghorgon’s Great, I think he’s a super fun option to bring. 

Between hexgorger and murderous Icon, I usually prefer the icon since sometimes the lists I face have no magic, making my hexgorgers cry salty tears instead of blood :(   

Plus icon combined with axe is brutal 

Tourney seems relatively competitive. 

And my bad on the ungors, misread that it was gors instead, wanted to get the most out of the start collecting box. 

The two battalions idea was so that I had loads of bodies and plenty wounds but still only 4 drops (5 now that i know ungor are allies) which means i have a chance to go first sometimes against some armies. Plus a potential 5 damage bullgor felt too good to pass up!  Dropping the ungor would give me a total of 70 points, what would you spend it on?

3 minutes ago, Shad0wStormed said:

Dropping the ungor would give me a total of 70 points, what would you spend it on?

If it were me, i'd spend it on a tuskgor chariot and add it to the brass despoilers or another unit of reavers for the dark feast. Your choice of bacon missile or tithe screen!

My vote is for the chariot, as they are really good at keeping up with bestigor/bullgor/ghorgon and giving them the brass despoiler batallion buff!

7 hours ago, Shad0wStormed said:

Slaughterhost; Goretide

Realm; Ghur

Leaders;

Battleline;

Units;
Bestigors ×10 (120)
Bestigors ×10 (120)
Ungors ×10 (60)

Behemoths;
Ghorgon (200)

Terrain;
Altar of skulls

Judgements;
Wrath axe (60)
Hexgorger skulls (40)

Battalions;
Brass despoilers (190)
Dark feast (110)

1990/2000 points
3cp turn one
3 artefacts
Wounds; 128

Personally I'd at least drop the ungors for more reavers if uou want to keep dark feast. Or if you are open to dropping dark feast then drop the ungors and stoker for wrathmongers 

You can use Apocalyptic Frenzy to kill to kill Slaanesh hero before the combat phase even begins. Also Murderlust and the everyone fights after they die allow Khorne to play some nasty tricks themselves. Just have to think about that part of blood tithe table more often during game.

Don't forget the Judgments are nit just damage dealets. Depending on how you move and position them (which your opponent can do anything about) you can use them to really mess with opponent's charges and pile ins. This alone can go a long way neutralizing threats.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ChaosUndivided said:

The everyone fights after they die allow Khorne to play some nasty tricks themselves.

I used this one against a Idoneth Deepkin during the turn 3, it was glorious. Both army nearly wyped out in one turn. 10/10 would slaughter again

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2