AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

6 minutes ago, Kaz said:

So, when we do whine, we are feeding NURGLE, the fat sack of pus and disease. When we wishlist for things that will never happen, we feed TZEENTCH, the weakling lord of magic! When we jump into playing or hating on them slaanesh just “cuz they got better rules bruh”, we feed SLAANESH, The ARCH ENEMY OF KHORNE! 

So on our salt, the other gods dare encroach on our territory, and become empowered. We must fight them back! And how can we do this, you may ask?

Battle reports, tactics, discussion, occasional roars of BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! And the occasional dose of inspiration when one of us is feeling down! The rumor thread fears us brothers, we think we are weak, yet they fear us (I’m not kidding, I think someone was talking to Sleboda that time)

Lol, this is great. Don't forget Khorne despises fear tho. His blood would be seething and his rage would erupt if he seen his followers so scared of the Slaaneshi, of all!

• Like 2

Can someone tell me if this is still a thing? It is no long in the errata and can’t find anything that suggests this is still a thing. This is from a pdf from 1.1.1 

Been playing the firestorm campaign and to win the  victory conditions are you gain victory points for every unit killed (including summoned units) was fighting a death army and after I have destroyed a few units of skeletons and grave gaurd he has summoned them back with endless legions. Do I get victory points for initially killing the unit? He argues no because of this pdf and says that because it is not in the new errata the rule still stands

2B1C31E9-392D-4300-B302-9F76DE5C430E.jpeg.21613e53365775b6f2db3d268f95a2eb.jpeg

8 hours ago, jazman84 said:

I'd drop the Stoker and the Bloodsecrator for Warmongers and a unit of Reavers.

Hmm.....Bloodsecrator for Warmongers is interesting, the buff effect is similar and a unit of mongers are a lot tankier and killier.

But why a unit of reavers? I'm very wary of them just dying without contributing much and having only 1 hero is risky to hero sniping causing me to be unable to hold objectives.

7 hours ago, Smooth criminal said:

Personally, I would drop lord+shrine and get 2x10 man units of warriors total and upgrade stoker to priest with frenzy or bronzed flesh.

The issue with lord is that he's a hefty tax for playing  crushers battleline and he's not very killy considering 180 buys you a reaper unit, I don't think he's suited for smaller sized games. Also if you go Goretide his ability is kind of redunant.

Basically you need a killy battleline, that's 2x200 at the very least.  Crushers can't go lower than 360.  You're left with 240pt of support and secrator+priest is the best choice. You can switch crushers for 5xreapers for example and take a shrine or lord back, but why would you when they do nothing for reapers.

2x10 Warriors sounds good but unfortunately I only have access to 1 x 10. I do have access to 40 man reavers though.

While the juggerlord is not very killy for the price, I'm hoping the +1 dmg from hew the foe will make it a bit better and since crushers, juggerlord and warshrine all have the same movement speed, coordinated attacks are easier to pull off.

I don't really think I will be using the lord's command ability since I will be using the CP for the goretide's.

Anyway thanks a lot of your input. I think I will need to think of how to make the battleline killier, maybe swap out crushers for reapers.

49 minutes ago, shoutenraku said:

Hmm.....Bloodsecrator for Warmongers is interesting, the buff effect is similar and a unit of mongers are a lot tankier and killier.

But why a unit of reavers? I'm very wary of them just dying without contributing much and having only 1 hero is risky to hero sniping causing me to be unable to hold objectives.

True actually. The mongers are faster, actually do damage, and are more wounds, and have more board presence. 

Naturally the Bloodsecrator being a hero matters in quite a few scenarios, and his 3+ save makes him immune to most Missile Fire, especially with Look Out Sir. The secrator also has access to artifacts, and can be a general, which could increase his utility. His speed is 1 inch slower, but his buff has a longer range, thus it’s imo easier to get lads within range. Plus, Loathsome Sorcery CAN be a life saver at times. 

It depends on your list. If your list has multiple hammers already, I’d say Bloodsecrator. If you feel you lack punch power, go for Wrathmongers. And also depends on whether you can fill a Battalion with whichever. 

One ting that should be remembered is that mongers are extremely vulnerable to shooting, unlike the secrator

I agree about reavers tho. If bringing reavers, I’d bring more. And in this case, it’s best to have at least 2 heroes imo

18 minutes ago, shoutenraku said:

2x10 Warriors sounds good but unfortunately I only have access to 1 x 10. I do have access to 40 man reavers though.

While the juggerlord is not very killy for the price, I'm hoping the +1 dmg from hew the foe will make it a bit better and since crushers, juggerlord and warshrine all have the same movement speed, coordinated attacks are easier to pull off.

I don't really think I will be using the lord's command ability since I will be using the CP for the goretide's.

Anyway thanks a lot of your input. I think I will need to think of how to make the battleline killier, maybe swap out crushers for reapers.

As far as a Juggerlord is concerned, I dunno about y’all, but do you guys prefer mighty Lord to the Juggerlord? Both seem absolutely awesome.

do you guys prefer the insta kill’s threat, or the sheer DPS of a Juggerlord? And between a mighty lord’s re-roll for charges, or a juggerlord’s re-rolls To wounds of 1? 

For the brass Despoilers... 

So 1 unit of 6 Bullgors is incredibly strong and seems the main reason to bring Despoilers. Do you guys wanna bring more units of Bullgors, or is 1 enough? 

Ghorgon also works great. Hasn’t tried a Cygor, but theoretically he seems useful... but between a ghorgon and a Cygor... which would you prefer? I’ve tested a single ghorgon, but would you guys double up on Ghorgons and max out Warherd big guys allowance? 

Then between Gors and bloodreavers, which would you guys prefer for battleline? Gors are more ex, but are more durable, but seem to do less damage. Both are really vulnerable to battleshock. 

Bestigors are amazing. I never buff them because they're Amazingly self sufficient. 

Dragon Ogors seem like budget Skullcrushers, their Damage is WAY less, but their durability is a little bit less (it’s better than a Bloodcrusher for the same points). They feel like an annoying big roadblock that can clear tar pits  and low armor gits really well. 

For centigors and Tuskgor Chariots, do you like them? Haven’t tried them yet. centgors look crazy fast, with meh damage that can hurt low armor, while Tuskgor seem like great bacon missiles. 

And for the hero: A Doombull or a Beastlord? I’m leaning towards a Doombull, he hits REALLY HARD. Plus, that Khorgorath doombull conversion on reddit I saw looks sweeeeeet.  

Overall, for brass Despoilers, what are your thoughts on the optimum units for it? 

6 hours ago, ChaosUndivided said:

Lol, this is great. Don't forget Khorne despises fear tho. His blood would be seething and his rage would erupt if he seen his followers so scared of the Slaaneshi, of all!

One thing I will say is: The Slaanesh thread are comforting each other, saying that the Slaves to Darkness Battletome  will “certainly” be the book for them.

well I laugh at them in response, and cast them my contempt in the name of the Blood God! 

Why? Because we get those Slaves to darkness boys as well... and Archaon is not just for Slaanesh! He belongs to us as well, mwahahahhahaha

on that note, @Slebodahow do you use Archaon? Any good? He’s incredibly intimidating for me(and my wallet) but I might actually grab him and try. 

7 minutes ago, Kaz said:

For the brass Despoilers... 

So 1 unit of 6 Bullgors is incredibly strong and seems the main reason to bring Despoilers. Do you guys wanna bring more units of Bullgors, or is 1 enough? 

Ghorgon also works great. Hasn’t tried a Cygor, but theoretically he seems useful... but between a ghorgon and a Cygor... which would you prefer? I’ve tested a single ghorgon, but would you guys double up on Ghorgons and max out Warherd big guys allowance? 

Then between Gors and bloodreavers, which would you guys prefer for battleline? Gors are more ex, but are more durable, but seem to do less damage. Both are really vulnerable to battleshock. 

Bestigors are amazing. I never buff them because they're Amazingly self sufficient. 

Dragon Ogors seem like budget Skullcrushers, their Damage is WAY less, but their durability is a little bit less (it’s better than a Bloodcrusher for the same points). They feel like an annoying big roadblock that can clear tar pits  and low armor gits really well. 

For centigors and Tuskgor Chariots, do you like them? Haven’t tried them yet. centgors look crazy fast, with meh damage that can hurt low armor, while Tuskgor seem like great bacon missiles. 

And for the hero: A Doombull or a Beastlord? I’m leaning towards a Doombull, he hits REALLY HARD. Plus, that Khorgorath doombull conversion on reddit I saw looks sweeeeeet.  

Overall, for brass Despoilers, what are your thoughts on the optimum units for it? 

I ran a Brass Despoilers Battalion in a few 2k games the other day and it did real work. For me one unit of 6 bullgors is enough. I usually run a BT along side the battalion as another threat, but I wouldn't take another unit of 6 bullgors as you really want those attack buffs following them around. The despoiler configuration I tried in a few games was 1 unit of 6 bullgors, 1 unit of 10 bestigors, 2 units of gors with shields, and a Doombull. Going forward I think I'm going to fogo the gors entirely and have the battalion be 2x 10 man bestigor units, 1 6 man bullgor unit, and the doombull. The bestigors make amazing self-sufficient flankers and the the Bullgors are amazingly receptive to our buffs and bloodtithe abilities. The Doombull hits like a mac truck in cc and if nothing else willsit behind the bullgors and throw the command ability on them. Overall, I think I'll be taking small reaver groups as battleline tax atm and see how this new Despoilers configuration works out.

As for Archaon I ran him in a silly Reapers of Vengence list at 2k today and on my turn one he flew 24" (Murderlust, all my priests got shot to death his turn one by double shooting raptors, ballista, and comet.) He them made an 8" charge to delete a unit of 12 Raptors and immediately make his points back. We can do some really silly things with him, but he can easily outrun all our support. We might be better off shooting him like a cruise missile and letting him be ok with the Locus buff and double fight. 

15 minutes ago, ledha said:

I participated at a 26-man tournament in Paris this sunday, where i finished 3rd with a Slaughterborn list. Is anyone interested by a quick rundown ?

Congrats to that and certainly, feel free to always share!

Cheers,

19 minutes ago, Kaz said:

True actually. The mongers are faster, actually do damage, and are more wounds, and have more board presence. 

Naturally the Bloodsecrator being a hero matters in quite a few scenarios, and his 3+ save makes him immune to most Missile Fire, especially with Look Out Sir. The secrator also has access to artifacts, and can be a general, which could increase his utility. His speed is 1 inch slower, but his buff has a longer range, thus it’s imo easier to get lads within range. Plus, Loathsome Sorcery CAN be a life saver at times. 

It depends on your list. If your list has multiple hammers already, I’d say Bloodsecrator. If you feel you lack punch power, go for Wrathmongers. And also depends on whether you can fill a Battalion with whichever. 

One ting that should be remembered is that mongers are extremely vulnerable to shooting, unlike the secrator

I agree about reavers tho. If bringing reavers, I’d bring more. And in this case, it’s best to have at least 2 heroes imo

As far as a Juggerlord is concerned, I dunno about y’all, but do you guys prefer mighty Lord to the Juggerlord? Both seem absolutely awesome.

do you guys prefer the insta kill’s threat, or the sheer DPS of a Juggerlord? And between a mighty lord’s re-roll for charges, or a juggerlord’s re-rolls To wounds of 1? 

Thanks for your insight, I will put some thought into mongers vs secrator.

I think both are solid choices with about the same damage potential, mighty lord works better with goretide slaughterhost and can unbind. Juggerlord on the other hand is a lot tankier with 2 more wounds and 5+ spell save, the extra 3" movement helps you get the charge easier.

42 minutes ago, Kaz said:

I want to be convinced! Since their commands were downgraded (along with a few Khorne artefacts) and their points went up, I find it a bit hard to get excited about either of them. What am I missing?

28 minutes ago, Roark said:

I want to be convinced! Since their commands were downgraded (along with a few Khorne artefacts) and their points went up, I find it a bit hard to get excited about either of them. What am I missing?

Well mighty lord was 140 in the previous book then went to 120 in the GHB 2018...Juggerlord is now more sought after since skullcrushers are buffed.

5 minutes ago, shoutenraku said:

Wow...looks amazing what did you use?

Thanks :) just some reaver blades and old dwarven shields that I had lying around. Some greenstuff for gaps. Not 100% happy with it since it's a bit too "obvious" that it's a conversion, but as a buckler it's certainly decent :)

18 hours ago, phizzco said:

Yes. 

18 hours ago, Killax said:

Congrats to that and certainly, feel free to always share!

Cheers,

18 hours ago, shoutenraku said:

Will appreciate that.

Here we go !

The tournament had some nasty lists absolutely everywhere. Half of the tournament was FEC/DOK/Skaven, with a lot of stormcasts and other nasty lists like 18 enlighteneds, a spam bestigor and other poetry. The only non "top tier" army was a std one with chaos knights. But i'm a lucky guy and i avoided most of the worst list. We were playing with realm rules and spells, and objectives were taken by number of wounds and not number of models, to balance a bit for monsters/elite infantry.

I played a slaughterborn list into goretide : 1 exalted deathbringer, 1 bloodsecrator, 2 slaughterpriest, 2x10 bloodwarriors, 3x5 skullreapers, 2x5 wrathmongers, 10 bloodreavers, hexgorger skulls and wrath axe.

Game 1 against FEC: he had something like a ghoul king on terrorgheist, 1 archregent, 1 ghoul king, 1 flayers courtiers, 1 horror courtier, 9 horrors, 6 cryps flayers, 2x10 ghouls. Battleplan was focal points.

I decided to go first to not let him too much space to manoeuver and start by taking 4 easy points, my altar. Bloodwarriors on my right flank, with some skullreapers and wrathmongers not too far behind, while the center was populated by 10 skullreapers as well as my characters, supported by 5 wrathmongers. My other 10 bloodwarriors were covering my left  flank, and bloodreavers were behind to prevent summoned units to come behind. I summoned the hexgorger skulls, to create a natural barrier at the center.

57587018_412328306253162_679703226845285

My opponent started his turn with little fanfare, missing half of his spells while the other half was unbinded by my forces. He summoned 3 crypt flayers on my right and a bunch of ghoul fr awar on my left flank. His 9 crypt flayers screamed on my 10 bloodwarriors, making 13 mortal wounds, then the unit of 6 charged them. The terrorgheist did the same on my bloodwarriors on the left flank, while the horrors charged my skullreapers in  the center of the battlefield. All my bloodwarriors on the right flank were promptly killed, but were able to take down one crypt flayer and 3 wounds of another, while the others on the left survived by pure luck, with 2 left alive, and were able to do 5 wounds to the terrorgheist. The horrors killed 4 skullreapers and lost 3 of theirs, while the second unit of skullreapers killed a bunch of ghouls. The double pile-in from the flayers and terrorgheist are insane !

I won the initative roll. I didn't have the time to deal with the terrorgheist right now, needing first to kill courtiers and/or the big units first. the horror courtier was in range of my priests, and ended up killed by blood boil+the wrath axe who flew over the crypt horrors and executed him. I buffed my skullreapers on my right flank with +1 to hit, and swapped the +1 to save to my unit of 5 skullreapers of the center. I moved my wrathmongers not too far way from the terrorgheist, to prevent him to land and cap the objective, forcing him to deal with them later. i charged the big unit of crypt flayers with my +1 to hit skullreapers, while the unit with +1 save was against the crypt horrors.

In the combat phase, the +1 to hit skullreapers supported by wrathmongers instantly annihilated the crypt flayers. In the center, the skullreapers killed 3 more horrors, and lost only 2 guy, inluding the last one from the first unit (thx to the -1 to hit from the axe). I was in a good position here, because with the unit of flayers and the horror courtier killed, i didn't had to fear more regeneration and had a solid grasp on the center and right objective. The terrorgheist ate the last bloodwarriors.

My opponent had a double turn here. The hexgorger skulls (still here) messed with my opponent magic phase and, again, he wasn't able to cast anything. His terrorgheist charged and double piled-in in my wrathmongers and my slaughterpriest in my backfield, killing them all and taking my backfield ojbective, while the archeregent engaged my slaughterpriest and bloodsecrator on the center. The last 3 horrors were killed. The 3 crypts flayers supported by the courtier charged my wrathmongers on my right flank but ended up killed during the double turn after killing some wrathmongers. The terrorgheist then charged my center helped by the archregent, where i had my bloodsecrator, my slaughterpriest and my last 3 skullreapers. I activated the 6th rank of the blood tithe, so everyone killed would strike back. His 10 summoned ghouls took the backfield objective

The terrorgheist killed the slaughterpriest and bloodsecrator, who killed the archregent after their death. Then the piled-in again, killed 3 skullreapers, who then retaliated by killing all the ghouls left alive, and killed him with mortal wounds bouncing back (after the one from the wrathmongers, the gorefists, a blood boil from the slaughterpriest...)

End of turn 3, and both our armies were nearly killed off. I utilized some blood tithe to make my skullreapers on my right flank move, then move again, then charge the ennemy ghoul king on his backfield objective. My blood reavers came on my backfield objective, to force my opponent to let his 10 ghouls on it if the wanted to keep it, and were killed off in turn 4/5. My last skullreapers alive on the midfield ran to the left objective, and my exalted deathbringer took the center. I was too far ahead on the objective points and won, with a bunch of models alive (exalted deathbringer, 3 skullreapers, 3 wrathmongers on 2 units)

EDIT : i'll edit for the others battles, or do it in separate post, as always, i talk too much

Edited by ledha
  • Like 9

5 hours ago, Kaz said:

One thing I will say is: The Slaanesh thread are comforting each other, saying that the Slaves to Darkness Battletome  will “certainly” be the book for them.

Why? Because we get those Slaves to darkness boys as well... and Archaon is not just for Slaanesh! He belongs to us as well, mwahahahhahaha

That's not really a equal gain.

The reason slaanesh players are eagerly awaiting StD updates is because it gives them access to something they currently don't have, it gives the list more options. Khorne already has warriors, mauraders etc it's just redundancy for us.

The debate is slaanesh has better buffs. If they drop points on StD it will increase the difference in power level between slannesh and khorne.

The only way it could improve our list would be if it the units are redesigned to fulfill gaps in our extensive current army list or if GW allocated different points to different marks. (I don't see this happening).

I see some negative posts in here and agree, some i disagree with. Negative citicism is part of the natural to and fro of conversation and debate. It helps formulate new ideas and further the thread. To try and censor one aspect is in itself unhelpful, you can't have one without the other.

What we can all agree on is unconstructive criticism and personal attacks don't have a place on this forum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Bjornas said:

Thanks :) just some reaver blades and old dwarven shields that I had lying around. Some greenstuff for gaps. Not 100% happy with it since it's a bit too "obvious" that it's a conversion, but as a buckler it's certainly decent :)

It looks great! I can just see the action of it, bringing the shield up to block and then swinging the blade down into unguarded flesh!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, MOMUS said:

That's not really a equal gain.

The reason slaanesh players are eagerly awaiting StD updates is because it gives them access to something they currently don't have, it gives the list more options. Khorne already has warriors, mauraders etc it's just redundancy for us.

The debate is slaanesh has better buffs. If they drop points on StD it will increase the difference in power level between slannesh and khorne.

The only way it could improve our list would be if it the units are redesigned to fulfill gaps in our extensive current army list or if GW allocated different points to different marks. (I don't see this happening).

I see some negative posts in here and agree, some i disagree with. Negative citicism is part of the natural to and fro of conversation and debate. It helps formulate new ideas and further the thread. To try and censor one aspect is in itself unhelpful, you can't have one without the other.

What we can all agree on is unconstructive criticism and personal attacks don't have a place on this forum.

Yeah, you’re right. I’m still new to this forum thing, and I’ll admit, negative criticisms are fine, and definitely helpful, and a balanced discussion is better than blind optimism (which is something I do admit I’m guilty of in this thread, i’ll Definitely try to temper it more).

I’d say only when the criticisms/complaining gets excessively personal (definitely Slaaneshi), that’s when we probably shouldn’t go there. 

About slaves to Darkness, i do agree,, although there are some I do feel there are subtle differences that the StD range  offer us . For example, chaos marauders are more durable than reavers, while chaos warriors have  interesting  interactions with Blood Tithe. Plus manticores lord, daemon Prince, and Warshrine. Knights and chosen are the ones I feel that are redundant, in that aspect I agree, same with Chariots compared to our Khorgoraths (they feel really similar)

But you’re definitely right about Slaanesh, who really need the Slaves to Darkness units more than us to give them their mortals (I do actually feel bad for them, since the Slaanesh theme for mortals is really cool and unique, especially that Persian themed daemon prince)

In terms of allegiance abilities, you’re right that the Slaanesh one is downright incredible especially with both hosts and the exploding dice, although I’m just wondering if our Bloodbound buff units are able to make up for that, since the Slaanesh release seems quite focused on its daemon units , that MAY not be able to buff mortals..? 

And that locus of diversion thing does look incredibly powerful, although at least it’s not guaranteed. 

Of course, at the end of the day, we are all still warriors of chaos, so those order, destruction and death Gits are in for a SERIOUS pummeling from ALL the dark gods when the Slaves to Darkness release comes round 🤣 

5 hours ago, ledha said:

Here we go !

The tournament had some nasty lists absolutely everywhere. Half of the tournament was FEC/DOK/Skaven, with a lot of stormcasts and other nasty lists like 18 enlighteneds, a spam bestigor and other poetry. The only non "top tier" army was a std one with chaos knights. But i'm a lucky guy and i avoided most of the worst list. We were playing with realm rules and spells, and objectives were taken by number of wounds and not number of models, to balance a bit for monsters/elite infantry.

I played a slaughterborn list into goretide : 1 exalted deathbringer, 1 bloodsecrator, 2 slaughterpriest, 2x10 bloodwarriors, 3x5 skullreapers, 2x5 wrathmongers, 10 bloodreavers, hexgorger skulls and wrath axe.

Game 1 against FEC: he had something like a ghoul king on terrorgheist, 1 archregent, 1 ghoul king, 1 flayers courtiers, 1 horror courtier, 9 horrors, 6 cryps flayers, 2x10 ghouls. Battleplan was focal points.

I decided to go first to not let him too much space to manoeuver and start by taking 4 easy points, my altar. Bloodwarriors on my right flank, with some skullreapers and wrathmongers not too far behind, while the center was populated by 10 skullreapers as well as my characters, supported by 5 wrathmongers. My other 10 bloodwarriors were covering my left  flank, and bloodreavers were behind to prevent summoned units to come behind. I summoned the hexgorger skulls, to create a natural barrier at the center.

57587018_412328306253162_679703226845285

My opponent started his turn with little fanfare, missing half of his spells while the other half was unbinded by my forces. He summoned 3 crypt flayers on my right and a bunch of ghoul fr awar on my left flank. His 9 crypt flayers screamed on my 10 bloodwarriors, making 13 mortal wounds, then the unit of 6 charged them. The terrorgheist did the same on my bloodwarriors on the left flank, while the horrors charged my skullreapers in  the center of the battlefield. All my bloodwarriors on the right flank were promptly killed, but were able to take down one crypt flayer and 3 wounds of another, while the others on the left survived by pure luck, with 2 left alive, and were able to do 5 wounds to the terrorgheist. The horrors killed 4 skullreapers and lost 3 of theirs, while the second unit of skullreapers killed a bunch of ghouls. The double pile-in from the flayers and terrorgheist are insane !

I won the initative roll. I didn't have the time to deal with the terrorgheist right now, needing first to kill courtiers and/or the big units first. the horror courtier was in range of my priests, and ended up killed by blood boil+the wrath axe who flew over the crypt horrors and executed him. I buffed my skullreapers on my right flank with +1 to hit, and swapped the +1 to save to my unit of 5 skullreapers of the center. I moved my wrathmongers not too far way from the terrorgheist, to prevent him to land and cap the objective, forcing him to deal with them later. i charged the big unit of crypt flayers with my +1 to hit skullreapers, while the unit with +1 save was against the crypt horrors.

In the combat phase, the +1 to hit skullreapers supported by wrathmongers instantly annihilated the crypt flayers. In the center, the skullreapers killed 3 more horrors, and lost only 2 guy, inluding the last one from the first unit (thx to the -1 to hit from the axe). I was in a good position here, because with the unit of flayers and the horror courtier killed, i didn't had to fear more regeneration and had a solid grasp on the center and right objective. The terrorgheist ate the last bloodwarriors.

My opponent had a double turn here. The hexgorger skulls (still here) messed with my opponent magic phase and, again, he wasn't able to cast anything. His terrorgheist charged and double piled-in in my wrathmongers and my slaughterpriest in my backfield, killing them all and taking my backfield ojbective, while the archeregent engaged my slaughterpriest and bloodsecrator on the center. The last 3 horrors were killed. The 3 crypts flayers supported by the courtier charged my wrathmongers on my right flank but ended up killed during the double turn after killing some wrathmongers. The terrorgheist then charged my center helped by the archregent, where i had my bloodsecrator, my slaughterpriest and my last 3 skullreapers. I activated the 6th rank of the blood tithe, so everyone killed would strike back. His 10 summoned ghouls took the backfield objective

The terrorgheist killed the slaughterpriest and bloodsecrator, who killed the archregent after their death. Then the piled-in again, killed 3 skullreapers, who then retaliated by killing all the ghouls left alive, and killed him with mortal wounds bouncing back (after the one from the wrathmongers, the gorefists, a blood boil from the slaughterpriest...)

End of turn 3, and both our armies were nearly killed off. I utilized some blood tithe to make my skullreapers on my right flank move, then move again, then charge the ennemy ghoul king on his backfield objective. My blood reavers came on my backfield objective, to force my opponent to let his 10 ghouls on it if the wanted to keep it, and were killed off in turn 4/5. My last skullreapers alive on the midfield ran to the left objective, and my exalted deathbringer took the center. I was too far ahead on the objective points and won, with 11 models alive (exalted deathbringer, 3 skullreapers, 3 wrathmongers on 2 units)

EDIT : i'll edit for the others battles, or do it in separate post, as always, i talk too much

Thanks for report! I see the reapers did really well, what were your thoughts on the Wrathmongers? Is it better to run 2 units rather than 1? And was their damage sufficient for their cost? 

5 hours ago, Bjornas said:

A few pages ago I asked for feedback on how to convert a decent Gorefist-counts-as. Here are the results: 

2EEB7334-56B5-470E-BC83-6178B32645DC.jpeg

2BDFBBCA-79CD-474F-B77C-9672164EE5FF.jpeg

57678B1D-D522-43AD-B0A5-E33D4FF0D2DE.jpeg

Absolutely stunnng m8, gives me some legit Viking feels, especially the axe/shield combo

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kaz said:

Thanks brother for the battle report! Just some questions: Do you feel the Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage is worth without being buffer? What do you feel is the minimum amount of buffs for him to work? 

And how are the skullfiend tribe and the Khorgoraths at their current points? Was the re-roll to hits of 1 coming up often? And was the command ability efficient? 

Also, when the Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage activates Outrageous Carnage, and vaporizes 2 unfortunate enemy heroes (let’s imagine them to be lords of Slaanesh, to vent our fury), is that counted as being slain by an attack for purposes of the Skullfiend command trait? That would make the Insensate Rage thirstier really cool 

Thank you also, as to your queries;

Do you feel the Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage is worth without being buffer?

At full wounds  my Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage with + 2 attacks from the Skullfiend artifact would get the killing frenzy and hopefully stay in range of my Bloodscrator for a full 8 hits which tended to result in at least 5 x D6 wounds with a good chance for carnage to trigger.  I don't tend to invest anything else apart from the odd heal to knock him up a wound band if there is nothing else needing healed after he starts to lose wounds. Even on a single wound with the above setup he gets 6 attacks at -2 rend for D6 damage without any loss in accuracy or  regular wounding ability.

And how are the skullfiend tribe and the Khorgoraths at their current points?

My normal opponents have a healthy respect for the Khorgraths when a hero is within range. I tend to give them bronzed flesh . The fact it is so command point intensive (each combat phase) is the only reason I dropped them from 2 squads of 3.  In range of the Bloodscrator I can count on them to do 18 wounds at 2 damage before saves for a relatively small footprint in a four "man" unit. I like them a lot in a Skullfiend Tribe even without the little extras they bring like shooting, a better than average move and the chance to heal a wound so I think 100pts is a fair price for them.

Was the re-roll to hits of 1 coming up often?

The re-rolling ones when within range of an enemy hero I forget almost every match apart from the last where a necromancer was bubble-wrapped by the skeletons and were fighting my Knights.

Enemy heroes counted as being slain by an attack for purposes of the Skullfiend command trait?

It happened once during the day and my opponent was quite happy to give me two blood-tithe.

Edited by Chocolate Obturator
  • LOVE IT! 1