Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gaz Taylor

AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, jazman84 said:

Archaon can simply be picked as a leader in Azyr.

As far as getting the Reapers of Vengeance keyword, wouldn't he receive it as any other Khorne Daemon?

He's a Khorne Daemon in your army that is Reapers of Vengeance.

If you were to pick a Daemon Prince or Lord of Khorne on Daemonic mount  they'd be part of it. Hell, if you  were to ally a unit of Khorne Furies they'd be part of it

 

You know, at first I thought it sounded silly(and broken😂) but you make a very good point.

I take back what I said, this is a far more logical explanation than my original one.

What shenanigans can we get up to here🤔🤔🤔

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Archaon is indeed khorne, daemon, and mortal. I've got a list I'm hoping to try out this week with him: dark feast and a whole bunch of buffs. Killing frenzy, bronzed flesh, mystic shield, whip, +3 attacks for each weapon, rerolls from the locus, and a double pile in to top it off. His expected damage out from the sword alone is something like 21 wounds vs a 4+ save. The biggest problem for me with archaon has always been rolling a couple extra 1s and 2s and wasting all of that damage potential, but with the locus for hit rolls and the whip for wound rolls he should be hitting and wounding like 95% of his attacks. Not going to lie, I'm really excited to give it a shot. 

Edited by Grimrock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KhorneySteve said:

Dude I've been playing since January and I've lost all but 2 games as Khorne, what else were you running? Did you use any blood tithe points? What could you have done differently? I tend to run almost all daemon lists as they synergise together well, especially with the locus of fury ability. Bloodreavers in particular I find to be really bad. 

This was my list: 

Allegiance: Khorne
- Slaughterhost: The Goretide
Mortal Realm: Ghyran

Leaders
Daemon Prince of Khorne (160)
- General
Bloodsecrator (140)
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh

Battleline
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
- 1x Goreglaives
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes

Units
5 x Skullreapers (180)
- Goreslick Blades

Total: 950 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 21
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 70
 

turn 1 I ran my Blood Warriors forward to intercept his Vulkite Berzerkers and Auric Runemaster. They did ****** all and just stood around whiffing. 

My Daemon Prince charged the Auric Runefather on Magmadroth and literally did I believe 11 wounds in 1 go but it wasn’t enough to kill it, it did mortal wounds on taking these wounds then swung back and 1 shot my Daemon Prince. 

I also whiffed a lot of my blood boils even with re-rolls. 

My Skullreapers were the heavy lifters here killing 10 Vulkite Berzerkers and 5 Auric Hearthguard with flails. I only lost 2 all game. 

Like I said my Bloodreavers just got wrecked by 1 Hero 10 v 1 and my Bloodwarriors died to the Hearthguard after doing hilariously little all game. They got 3 or 4 wounds on the Auric Runemaster before going down. 

I underestimated how tough the Dwarves were and deployed all on the right side completely in total commitment leaving my left side totally open and he deployed 1 unit of Vulkite Berzerkers and 1 Hero over there. 

My game plan was to wipe the right side quickly and camp home and his objective but I didn’t even get his objective by 4th turn and on the end of the third turn his 1 Hero solo’d my Bloodreavers stealing my home objective. 

Again I deployed wrong, but had I left the Bloodreavers on the left the Berzerkers would have smashed them, the Blood Warriors I’m confident would have lost and those are my only 2 viable choices. Leaving Skullreapers on objective duty is meaningless. 

Assuming I had left 10 Bloodwarriors on the far left and 10 Bloodreavers at home base that would leave my Skullreapers and heroes to deal with the rest of his army on the right side, which I’m not confident they could have done. 

I probably should have held my daemon Prince back and sent him in later I suppose or just tried to blood boil the Magmadroth to death I guess? 

I have some idea of what I did wrong but no solutions to what I should have done instead given my options. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

This was my list: 

Allegiance: Khorne
- Slaughterhost: The Goretide
Mortal Realm: Ghyran

Leaders
Daemon Prince of Khorne (160)
- General
Bloodsecrator (140)
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh

Battleline
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
- 1x Goreglaives
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes

Units
5 x Skullreapers (180)
- Goreslick Blades

Total: 950 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 21
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 70
 

turn 1 I ran my Blood Warriors forward to intercept his Vulkite Berzerkers and Auric Runemaster. They did ****** all and just stood around whiffing. 

My Daemon Prince charged the Auric Runefather on Magmadroth and literally did I believe 11 wounds in 1 go but it wasn’t enough to kill it, it did mortal wounds on taking these wounds then swung back and 1 shot my Daemon Prince. 

I also whiffed a lot of my blood boils even with re-rolls. 

My Skullreapers were the heavy lifters here killing 10 Vulkite Berzerkers and 5 Auric Hearthguard with flails. I only lost 2 all game. 

Like I said my Bloodreavers just got wrecked by 1 Hero 10 v 1 and my Bloodwarriors died to the Hearthguard after doing hilariously little all game. They got 3 or 4 wounds on the Auric Runemaster before going down. 

I underestimated how tough the Dwarves were and deployed all on the right side completely in total commitment leaving my left side totally open and he deployed 1 unit of Vulkite Berzerkers and 1 Hero over there. 

My game plan was to wipe the right side quickly and camp home and his objective but I didn’t even get his objective by 4th turn and on the end of the third turn his 1 Hero solo’d my Bloodreavers stealing my home objective. 

Again I deployed wrong, but had I left the Bloodreavers on the left the Berzerkers would have smashed them, the Blood Warriors I’m confident would have lost and those are my only 2 viable choices. Leaving Skullreapers on objective duty is meaningless. 

Assuming I had left 10 Bloodwarriors on the far left and 10 Bloodreavers at home base that would leave my Skullreapers and heroes to deal with the rest of his army on the right side, which I’m not confident they could have done. 

I probably should have held my daemon Prince back and sent him in later I suppose or just tried to blood boil the Magmadroth to death I guess? 

I have some idea of what I did wrong but no solutions to what I should have done instead given my options. 

Pretty much the same has happened to me when I was using bloodreavers and blood warriors, I now run Bloodletters as my main battleline and then currently either 5 Flesh Hounds and/or Blood Warriors depending on the size of the game being played. I've then swapped out Bloodsecrator for a Daemon hero (Skulltaker or Bloodmaster) as they move at the same pace as Bloodletters and give them the re roll 1s to hit, as that's more beneficial than the extra attack. Did you use any blood tithe abilities at all? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, KhorneySteve said:

Pretty much the same has happened to me when I was using bloodreavers and blood warriors, I now run Bloodletters as my main battleline and then currently either 5 Flesh Hounds and/or Blood Warriors depending on the size of the game being played. I've then swapped out Bloodsecrator for a Daemon hero (Skulltaker or Bloodmaster) as they move at the same pace as Bloodletters and give them the re roll 1s to hit, as that's more beneficial than the extra attack. Did you use any blood tithe abilities at all? 

Yes I actually ended up using the move in the hero phase ability twice. Once was to reposition my Bloodsecrator to get my reavers in his aura when I saw his hero coming for them (which is how I got 46 attacks off) and once was to get my Skullreapers into a better position to charge into his Hearthguard and they really smashed the Hearthguard as well as repositioning them to get buffed before they charged. 

I don’t know if it was the best use though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

Yes I actually ended up using the move in the hero phase ability twice. Once was to reposition my Bloodsecrator to get my reavers in his aura when I saw his hero coming for them (which is how I got 46 attacks off) and once was to get my Skullreapers into a better position to charge into his Hearthguard and they really smashed the Hearthguard as well as repositioning them to get buffed before they charged. 

I don’t know if it was the best use though. 

So from my experience it sounds like you did all you could and were possibly just unlucky. Keep at it and tweak your list to try different things. I'll have a think and see if I can think of any pointers (in the middle of a 24 hr paintathon, so pretty tired right now) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, medivouk said:

I'm having a game vs a horde of Spiderfang Grotz later today. I've decided to run Brass Despoilers instead of one of the slaughterhosts in the new book. 

The list is currently:

 

Allegiance: Khorne
Mortal Realm: Ghyran
Daemon Prince of Khorne (160)
- General
- Trait: Rage Unchained 
- Artefact: Ghyrstrike 
Bloodsecrator (140)
- Banner of Khorne (Artefact): Banner of Rage
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy
Doombull of Khorne (120)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
10 x Gors of Khorne (80)

10 x Gors of Khorne (80)

30 x Bestigors of Khorne (300)
6 x Bullgors of Khorne (320)
1 x Tuskgor Chariots of Khorne (60)
1 x Tuskgor Chariots of Khorne (60)
Ghorgon of Khorne (200)
Brass Despoilers (190)
Hexgorger Skulls (40)

Total: 1950 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 137
 

I'm a little worried as I don't have any of the traditional BoK hammer units, but I'm hoping the bestigor and bullgors do some serious damage (especially with reroll 1's to hit and +1 to wound on 6 bullgor unit.)

Thoughts? I'll try and take notes and post a report up this afternoon!

@Battlefury

I am also of the opinion that Brass Despoilers is worth foregoing pretty much all the slaughterhost synergy. I took the following to my FLGs today and played against a Hammers of Sigmar list in the mission were you can burn objective in your opponent's deployment.:

Allegiance: Khorne-

Mortal Realm: Ghur

LEADERS

Bloodsecrator (140) - General - Command Trait : Violent Urgency - Artefact : Gryph-feather Charm

Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage (280) - Artefact : Amberglaive

Slaughterpriest (100) - Blood Blessing : Killing Frenzy

Slaughterpriest (100) - Blood Blessing : Bronzed Flesh

Slaughterpriest (100) - Blood Blessing : Blood Sacrifice

Doombull of Khorne (120)

UNITS

10 x Bestigors of Khorne (120)

5 x Blood Warriors (100) - Goreaxe & Gorefist

10 x Bloodreavers (70) - Meatripper Axes

6 x Bullgors of Khorne (320)

5 x Wrathmongers (140)

10 x Gors of Khorne (80)

10 x Gors of Khorne (80)

BATTALIONS

Brass Despoilers (190)

ENDLESS SPELLS

Wrath-Axe (60)

TOTAL: 2000/2000

EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1

WOUNDS: 134

LEADERS: 6/6 BATTLELINES: 4 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 1/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4 ARTEFACTS: 2/2 ALLIES: 0/400

 

My opponent got to choose and went first. Poor screening and a health underestimation of Stormcast deepstrike led to a unit of Sequitors, and two characters deep striking just outside of my Bloodthirster turn 1. One of his heros popped an ability allowing +3 to charge for units wholly within 12" and the block all charged my poor BT wiping him out before he could hit back. The rest of his army shuffled in front of his objectives and a unit of the crossbow guys tried to snipe my bloodsecrator but failed.

On my turn one I got bloodboils off and killed his named character who deepstruck and then the bullgors shuffled sideways and just destroyed the sequitors. Everything else of mine moved up a bit and made ready to recieve a charge. Ended up not being an issue as I got the double turn used murderlust to get my bullgors in position to throw a charge up the field and deleted another unit of Sequitors, This one came back on a 5+ because of the Hammers ability. So the unit ended up teleporting back behind my lines. 

I didn't take great notes during the rest of the game, but I ended up rolling better on burning objectives than he did and came out ahead by 1or 2 Vps.

Game takeaways:

Bestigors and Bullgors are absolutely amazing. The bullgors being followed around by the secrator, wrathmongers, and doombull could go into anything and with 7" base movement they could get where they needed to be.

Blood sacrifice is an amazing prayer. Because we have a number of things that happen at the "Start of the hero phase." and because we can pick the order we can really get some good synergy going. For example, if I needed a few bloodtithe to use murderlust in my hero phase but I only had 1 or 2 at the start, well order the abilities: Blood Blessings, Axe Summon/Movement, Bloodtithe option. That was if the axe kills stuff you can immediately spend that bloodtithe, likewise with the blood sacrifice blood blessing. This led me muderlust bullgors fairly often and let me throw them at threat after threat.

Bloodthirster is a really funny distraction carnifex. 280 points and I've seen a few opponents wildly overcommit to killing him.

Brass Despoilers is strong as a battalion. Rerolling hits of 1, rerolling wounds once per battle and slapping the khorne keyword on everything is amazing and I would rather take it than most of our book battations.

Gors with shields are surprisingly tanky battleline. For 10 more points than reavers you get 6" with + 1" run and pile in, run and charge, and a 4+ save in melee with the shields. Missing the rend is a little sad but honestly is probably worth it for what they are there for.

 

Game 2 I played 1500 against Daughters of Khaine. The mission where the objective value starts at 1 when you first get it, then goes, 2, 4, and 8 if you hold it all game without burning it.

I'm not good at remembering details for actual battle reports but the list I took was 

Allegiance: Khorne - Mortal Realm: Ghyran

LEADERS Bloodsecrator (140) - General - Command Trait : Violent Urgency - Artefact : Talisman of Burning Blood

Slaughterpriest (100) - Blood Blessing : Killing Frenzy

Slaughterpriest (100) - Blood Blessing : Bronzed Flesh

Slaughterpriest (100) - Blood Blessing : Blood Sacrifice

Doombull of Khorne (120) - Artefact : Ghyrstrike

UNITS

10 x Bestigors (120)

6 x Bullgors of Khorne (320)

5 x Wrathmongers (140)

10 x Gors of Khorne (80)

10 x Gors of Khorne (80)

BATTALIONS

Brass Despoilers (190)

ENDLESS SPELLS 

TOTAL: 1500/1500

EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1

WOUNDS: 100

LEADERS: 5/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 0/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4 ARTEFACTS: 2/2 ALLIES: 0/400

Once again the main takeaway I had here was that with gors eating charges with bullgors ready to follow up bullgors can pretty much wipe out anything. Usually when I play against this guy daughters can run circles around my less mobile hammers, but with the bullgors being just faster than most of the traditional Khorne non-cavalry hammer units I was able to leapfrog them from unit to unit with the bloodsecrator and wrathmongers just running behind every turn to keep up.

TLDR: I think Brass Despoilers is amazing and I am looking forward to trying it out more. I am going to get in another game against stormcast Monday and I think I might give the following a try:

Allegiance: Khorne - Mortal Realm: Ghur

LEADERS Bloodsecrator (140) - General - Command Trait : Violent Urgency - Artefact : Gryph-feather Charm

Slaughterpriest (100) - Blood Blessing : Killing Frenzy

Slaughterpriest (100) - Blood Blessing : Bronzed Flesh

Slaughterpriest (100) - Blood Blessing : Blood Sacrifice

Doombull of Khorne (120)

Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage (280) - Artefact : Amberglaive

UNITS

6 x Bullgors of Khorne (320)

5 x Wrathmongers (140)

10 x Bloodreavers (70) - Meatripper Axes

10 x Bloodreavers (70) - Meatripper Axes

10 x Bloodreavers (70) - Meatripper Axes

10 x Bestigors of Khorne (120)

10 x Bestigors of Khorne (120)

BATTALIONS

Brass Despoilers (190)

ENDLESS SPELLS Wrath-Axe (60)

TOTAL: 2000/2000

EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1

WOUNDS: 134

LEADERS: 6/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 1/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4 ARTEFACTS: 2/2 ALLIES: 0/400

The thought is that making my battleline all reavers means that I can afford another unit of bestigors, who are phenomenally independent.

Any advice or suggestions would be welcome.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fwlr said:

You know, at first I thought it sounded silly(and broken😂) but you make a very good point.

I take back what I said, this is a far more logical explanation than my original one.

What shenanigans can we get up to here🤔🤔🤔

 

Yep. Its important to remember that Blades of Khorne is simply the name of the army/book. The actual allegiance runs on the Khorne keyword (Blades of Khorne is not actually a keyword), so you can take anything and everything that has the Khorne keyword. And everything with the keyword benefits form the allegiance abilities. This includes Bloodbound, Khorne Daemons, Khorne marked Slaves to Darkness units and Archaon. The other 3 god armies are the same (with the additional note that Nurgle/Maggotkin also have access to Clan Pestilens Skaven and Tamurkhans Horde units).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fwlr said:

You know, at first I thought it sounded silly(and broken😂) but you make a very good point.

I take back what I said, this is a far more logical explanation than my original one.

What shenanigans can we get up to here🤔🤔🤔

 

It's all 100% legit. Pg 70 of the battletome.

All Khorne units in Khorne Armies get  the Slaughterhost keyword.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ravinsild I think you're right about blood boiling the Magmadroth as it's basically a walking, active volcano. 

Also some armies perform better or worse at lower points and I think Fyreslayers do excellent at 1k games because of how self efficient their units are. 

Khorne likes big games where lots of stuff will die. XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Came third in a team event yesterday. Slightly skewed results as you can engineer match ups, I played skaven round 1, gloomspite round 2 and mortal khorne round3.

I took: 

reapers of vengeance 

2 thirsters, wrath/unfettered

Skarr

2x5 dogs

10 reapers

+minimum gore pilgrims with bleeding icon

 

(Starstrike) skaven match up was instead of seraphon with bastiladons, really tough match up anyway, so much damage output and similar to old skaven no rolling to hit. Basically it was a walking screen of clanrats with Deciever, thanquol + 2 cannons behind it. I conceded T4.

(Shifting objectives) gloomspite is a good match up for khorne I think. Needed to concentrate loads this game working out possible movement of squigs. My whole army got stuck in, everything can fight everything apart from the manglers! Opponent conceded T4.

(total commitment) mortal khorne army, I believe my opponent hadn't had chance to fully go through the book so handnt changed his list much. It was a great game to end the event on with blood tithe ranking up for both of us. Opponent conceded T4

All my opponents and their team mates were great guys and really helpful, really nice venue if any of you are down in Exeter area i would check out Kirton Games in Crediton.

 

Overall I liked my list, I did feel a bit cheap using 2 thirsters with the attack twice command ability but when looking around everyone else seemed to have similar, girstlegore etc. Next I'll be working on some more daemons and maybe a daemon prince. Think I will drop the gore pilgrims soon and replace with a daemon battalion, maybe just include the priests and reapers.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Mikeymajq said:

@Ravinsild I think you're right about blood boiling the Magmadroth as it's basically a walking, active volcano. 

Also some armies perform better or worse at lower points and I think Fyreslayers do excellent at 1k games because of how self efficient their units are. 

Khorne likes big games where lots of stuff will die. XD

I’m honestly just really bad at the game and I don’t even think I could win often with a powerhouse army like DoK or FEC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

I’m honestly just really bad at the game and I don’t even think I could win often with a powerhouse army like DoK or FEC. 

Honestly so am I. I make toooons of mistakes. But I'm having fun anyway. 

It's always hard to find an army that appeals to you as a player visually and thematically as well as gameplay style. The armies I have and tend to win the most with are not my favourites to play tbh so they are mostly shelved unless someones asks to play against them 😅

I enjoy playing Khorne the most. I like synergies and units that support one another. And we have such a huge repertoir to pull from that you can make all kinds of lists. 

Edited by Mikeymajq
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AverageBoss said:

. Its important to remember that Blades of Khorne is simply the name of the army/book. The actual allegiance runs on the Khorne keyword (Blades of Khorne is not actually a keyword), so you can take anything and everything that has the Khorne keyword. And everything with the keyword benefits form the allegiance abilities

I feel like this is something ppl are often overlooking and something GW could improve. The books don't do a great job of letting folks know that there are legit, non-ally, options outside their books.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ravinsild said:

I’m honestly just really bad at the game and I don’t even think I could win often with a powerhouse army like DoK or FEC. 

Khorne is a tricky army at lower points levels, our reliance on heros makes list building tough. In addition all the synergies mean the army takes time to learn, make it hardish to play due to buff ranges and it is incredibly easy to forget key rules. And this can make a difference.

 If you have not done so then maybe consider developing a cheat sheet for what needs to be done in which order for each phase. I found it helps to lay out my warscrolls out in order of left to right of who has to do what plus associated buff tokens on the scrolls so I don’t forget. I then just work along them. I also have the book handy as even the new scrolls are tricky to read and it’s easy to miss the detail.

 

Edited by Praecautus
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ravinsild said:

I’m honestly just really bad at the game and I don’t even think I could win often with a powerhouse army like DoK or FEC. 

Hey man, I agree with @Mikeymajq here, I remember a while back reading a thread about what armies to pick and I think I saw you posting why you liked Ironjawz and Khorne over Nagash and seraphon. Pick an army based on how fun it is, which is EXACTLY what you did :) The Fyreslayers are an army that is strong, and you weren’t used to fighting them. Imo, they’re forgiving AND easy AND potent. Just some pointers:

Bloodreavers are very bad without any buffs, don’t expect them to do too much m8, HOWEVER, their main strength is force multiplying, when buffed, they can do decent damage (not a lot mind you). 

The heartguard berserkers imho are crazy strong. They’re good against armored guys (blood warriors), and are EXTREMELY durable, so don’t kick your blood warriors too hard for whiffing, besides it sounds like unlucky dice

For Magmadroths, their Lava blood is extremely strong, it’s likely that it severely damaged your daemon Prince, since every wound you deal, there’s a 4+ chance to take a MW, and you did 11. Plus, your prince is only 8 wounds. He’s not that squishy, but runefather lizards are legitimately insane dedicated beatsticks

note about grimwraths: they’re very annoying, because of how much DPS they do. Unfortunately there’s not much we can do about him. He takes no leader slots, has FNP, piles in and attacks twice, and has very reliable damage. All I can say is that I’d probably try to tarpit him , and sacrifice weaker units like reavers to him for more tithe

Remember: Fyreslayers are VERY easy to play, compared to us Khorne players. They have a lot less to remember, and their prayers are easier to work with.   

Don’t feel discouraged man! Khorne’s proud of you no matter what! This game is a longggg learning process, and that’s part of the fun! Learning from mistakes, ya know.

Bad dice is natural tbh, I’ve re rolled 5 ones into 5 ones again at one point. Can’t really do anything about that

besides, a powerhouse army like fec or DoK is boring, and imho, easier than Khorne to win with. There’s more satisfaction winning with Khorne’s armies :D  

Its good of you to come here and talk it out, we’ll all brothers bound by the blood and viscera of our enemies. 

We fight for Khorne because we love to, and as such, keep fighting! It’s what defines us as who we are, separate from those pansies who diss Khorne for being “poster boy”, “hypocrite”, or “boring”. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

I feel like this is something ppl are often overlooking and something GW could improve. The books don't do a great job of letting folks know that there are legit, non-ally, options outside their books.

This is very true. The Slaves to darkness will soon get a HUEG update, and I’m excited to see what it’ll bring for Khorne.

Brass Despoilers looks like a ton of fun. I’ve always loved Beasts of Chaos, but never really wanted to jump in because of resin kits, filtny Tzeentch, and the consensus over the BoC thread that Bullgors were bad (I’m a Minotaur fanboy, especially in total War Warhammer) 

What are everyone’s thoughts on Ghorgons and Cygors? As well as Centigors and Tuskgor Chariots and Dragon Ogors? 

I can infer Gors, Bestigors and Bullgors are great, so what about these lads mentioned above? 

And for a Hero: Beastlord or a Doombull? Or multiple? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Kaz said:

,What are everyone’s thoughts on Ghorgons and Cygors? As well as Centigors and Tuskgor Chariots and Dragon Ogors? 

I can infer Gors, Bestigors and Bullgors are great, so what about these lads mentioned above? 

And for a Hero: Beastlord or a Doombull? Or multiple? 

In Brass Despoilers, I took a DP, Ghorgon and 2 chariots. The mortal wound and damage output from a ghorgon with re-roll 1's to hit,  killing frenzy and the doombull command ability is amazing! Especially with the ability to delete unit champions, special weapons and some heroes with the bite attack.

Chariots are also great fire and forget suicide units in singles, or in groups. Their high speed also lets them threaten backline heroes and pull off flanks, and they are surprisingly self-sufficient (+1 attack for everything on the charge, and reroll charges) I'd say that if you were taking 2x10 bestigors, swapping 10 out for 2 chariots would be well worth trying!

Just my 2 cents mind. Your mileage may vary :)

Edited by medivouk
Damn autocorrect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I realy advice to try out archaon. If u can use a base or paperhammer with friends.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ravinsild said:

Sorry for the negativity but I don’t think Khorne or maybe even AoS is for me. 

Did a 1,000 point game versus a completely new AoS player who hadn’t even played since AoS 1 and he was using Fireslayers and completely ****** on me in victory points. By top of turn 4 it was 15 to 3. 

I guess I’m just literally terrible at this game and at this point I guess it’s just not for me. 

Dude barely had any idea of what he was going but his Runefather on Magmadroth 1 shots my Daemon Prince by spewing mortal wounds on death turn 1, it took 3 turns for my Blood Warriors to kill 1 single Auric Runemaster. 

I pump 46 attacks into Grimwrath Berzerkers with 10 Bloodreavers and he survives and 1 shots my entire unit. 

At this point I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. 

I’m just going to stop putting input in because I have literally nothing of value to add except how to lose super hard every game. It’s clearly not Khorne because everyone else is winning. 

Sorry to jump on that, but truste me my friend, it is not you!

It is indeed the army in comparison to other army designs.
Getting battered all over, although I have 5 years of Khorne experience.

I would like to pm you, maybe we can find something, that might make you more happy to play.

Keep your head up, it's not your fault!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ravinsild said:

I’m honestly just really bad at the game and I don’t even think I could win often with a powerhouse army like DoK or FEC. 

Don't get dishearten about losing, don't fret about the powerhouse armies. If you want to get better read up a lot on other factions, understanding how each army plays will help a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kaz said:

This is very true. The Slaves to darkness will soon get a HUEG update, and I’m excited to see what it’ll bring for Khorne.

Brass Despoilers looks like a ton of fun. I’ve always loved Beasts of Chaos, but never really wanted to jump in because of resin kits, filtny Tzeentch, and the consensus over the BoC thread that Bullgors were bad (I’m a Minotaur fanboy, especially in total War Warhammer) 

What are everyone’s thoughts on Ghorgons and Cygors? As well as Centigors and Tuskgor Chariots and Dragon Ogors? 

I can infer Gors, Bestigors and Bullgors are great, so what about these lads mentioned above? 

And for a Hero: Beastlord or a Doombull? Or multiple? 

Why do people over in BOC think bullgors are bad? Theyve performed excellent for me in testing so far. For the hero it depends what youre taking. I take a doombull to buff my bullgors even more. If you are taking all brayherd though a beastlord can be excellent.  They are both beatsticks in combat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yeah I've seen buffed bullgors obliterate units.  I wouldn't mind bringing them. 

I think in a lot of cases people are just looking at stats in a vacuum and not including positioning, how best to use a unit, what to avoid, potential buffs, when to retreat etc. 

The way you play a unit drastically changes its effectiveness. It can be as minor as changing the unit size, or what to bring along with it, where you deploy and stuff like that. I ised to run 20-40 reavers and nowadays I do maybr 3x10 and the protect my army from so many elite units that would have otherwise gotten to my cavalry or leaders etc. It was a gamechanger for me. :)

Edited by Mikeymajq
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Darksteve said:

Why do people over in BOC think bullgors are bad? Theyve performed excellent for me in testing so far. For the hero it depends what youre taking. I take a doombull to buff my bullgors even more. If you are taking all brayherd though a beastlord can be excellent.  They are both beatsticks in combat.

Keep in mind that khorne is the buffing faction, not BoC. As far as I know, beasts doesn't have access to a lot of what we do like +1 attack, +1 to hit, extra moves, etc. In a BoC list you have to rely a lot more on base stats, and honestly the bullgors are lacking there pretty hard considering their cost. Khorne can do some pretty crazy things with them though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Grimrock said:

Keep in mind that khorne is the buffing faction, not BoC. As far as I know, beasts doesn't have access to a lot of what we do like +1 attack, +1 to hit, extra moves, etc. In a BoC list you have to rely a lot more on base stats, and honestly the bullgors are lacking there pretty hard considering their cost. Khorne can do some pretty crazy things with them though.

That's a fair point. I've only used them in conjunction with our buffs and Brass Despoilers.

Edited by Darksteve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...