AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

3 hours ago, Ravinsild said:

If you are playing Grand Alliance Chaos sure, but not as specifically Khorne.

If you are running as literally Blades of Khorne from the Battletome then no you can’t. Khorne’s list of allies are labeled out. 

2 hours ago, Galdenistal said:

That's good to know, back to building a list ...

You can ally in any Pestilens unit because it has the Nurgle keyword.

7 hours ago, fwlr said:

As a follow up to my post last page, about tyrants battleline, has anyone here tried the tyrants list? Are they any good at all?

Also, that doggo list is awesome😂

I ran Tyrants against Ironjawz the other day, it was 2k so my list was as follows

Tyrants of Blood (140)

Skarbrand (400)

WoK (320

IR (280)

Skulltaker (120)

Slaughter priest (100)

Slaughterpriest (100)

30 Bloodletters (300)

5 Flesh Hounds (100)

5 Blood Warriors (100)

Hexgorger Skulls (40)

Altar of Skulls (0)

I made WoK my general and ran bloodlords so he had Halo of Blood and +4" movement+re roll charges, I then gave IR the artefact that gives +1 rend and took Killing Frenzy and bronzed flesh as my blood blessings. It ended up being a very close game largely because we were in the realm of beasts so my opponent had a Rogue idol as a wandering beast and that thing wiped out my Bloodletters (although they did 10 wounds back) 

Also using Blood tithe abilities proved pretty important as I used murderlust in his hero phase to do some free damage with my IR bloodthirster on his Maw Krusha which killed it off and saving my bloodthirster. 

• Like 1

I'm having a game vs a horde of Spiderfang Grotz later today. I've decided to run Brass Despoilers instead of one of the slaughterhosts in the new book. 

The list is currently:

Allegiance: Khorne
Mortal Realm: Ghyran
Daemon Prince of Khorne (160)
- General
- Trait: Rage Unchained 
- Artefact: Ghyrstrike 
Bloodsecrator (140)
- Banner of Khorne (Artefact): Banner of Rage
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy
Doombull of Khorne (120)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
10 x Gors of Khorne (80)

10 x Gors of Khorne (80)

30 x Bestigors of Khorne (300)
6 x Bullgors of Khorne (320)
1 x Tuskgor Chariots of Khorne (60)
Ghorgon of Khorne (200)
Brass Despoilers (190)
Hexgorger Skulls (40)

Total: 1950 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 137

I'm a little worried as I don't have any of the traditional BoK hammer units, but I'm hoping the bestigor and bullgors do some serious damage (especially with reroll 1's to hit and +1 to wound on 6 bullgor unit.)

Thoughts? I'll try and take notes and post a report up this afternoon!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, medivouk said:

I'm having a game vs a horde of Spiderfang Grotz later today. I've decided to run Brass Despoilers instead of one of the slaughterhosts in the new book. 

The list is currently:

Allegiance: Khorne
Mortal Realm: Ghyran
Daemon Prince of Khorne (160)
- General
- Trait: Rage Unchained 
- Artefact: Ghyrstrike 
Bloodsecrator (140)
- Banner of Khorne (Artefact): Banner of Rage
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy
Doombull of Khorne (120)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
10 x Gors of Khorne (80)

10 x Gors of Khorne (80)

30 x Bestigors of Khorne (300)
6 x Bullgors of Khorne (320)
Ghorgon of Khorne (200)
Brass Despoilers (190)
Hexgorger Skulls (40)

Total: 1950 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 137

I'm a little worried as I don't have any of the traditional BoK hammer units, but I'm hoping the bestigor and bullgors do some serious damage (especially with reroll 1's to hit and +1 to wound on 6 bullgor unit.)

Thoughts? I'll try and take notes and post a report up this afternoon!

The princes strength comes from being able to proc effects on the malign sourcery artefacts on a 4 or 5, using one that adds MW on a 6+ will help you more than ghyrstrike. Do consider blade of judgment on the prince to turn him into a hero/behemoth hunter. The mortal wounds go off on a 4 w killing frenzy. I also quite like jadewound thorn which is a MW in addition to his normal damage on a 6+ this makes him more of a horde buster especially with reapers.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Praecautus said:

The princes strength comes from being able to proc effects on the malign sourcery artefacts on a 4 or 5, using one that adds MW on a 6+ will help you more than ghyrstrike. Do consider blade of judgment on the prince to turn him into a hero/behemoth hunter. The mortal wounds go off on a 4 w killing frenzy. I also quite like jadewound thorn which is a MW in addition to his normal damage on a 6+ this makes him more of a horde buster especially with reapers.

Ooh I didn't think about that. I just saw hitting on 2's, are rolling 1's, wounding on 2's with the axe with the extra attacks from rage unchained and bloodstoker. I'll have another look at the mortal wound artifacts.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, medivouk said:

Ooh I didn't think about that. I just saw hitting on 2's, are rolling 1's, wounding on 2's with the axe with the extra attacks from rage unchained and bloodstoker. I'll have another look at the mortal wound artifacts.

No problem. Also consider banshee blade and blade of endings from shyish on him. They have the potential to be good v hordes.

Also I just realised you are not taking a slaughterhost, in which case maybe give him slaughterborn command trait to reroll all hits 

Good luck

Edited by Praecautus

Going up against a friends Sylvaneth next week. 2000 pts and he's bringing Alarielle. My guess is he'll have at least one treelord and alarielle will summon another. And a horde of dryads and some kurnoth hunters (he has one unit of each loadout. Unsure what he'll take). 

I'm thinking of bringing this:

Reapers of Vengeance

IR bloodthirster general with Mage eater and skullshard mantle.

slaughterpriest - kill frenzy

slaughterpriest - bronzed flesh

Daemon prince (with axe and wings)

Bloodsecrator

2x10 Blood warriors

1x20 Bloodletters (I only have 20 so far)

A unit of 6 bloodcrushers

1x5 skullreapers

1x5 wrathmongers

1950 pts. 

No battalion sadly but that gets me more units on the field I guess. No idea what to expect. My Khorne has never fought Sylvaneth and I've never seen Alarielle in action. I kind of want Skarbrand but he's a lot of points and can't take the lovely Reapers stuff.

Edited by Mikeymajq

6 hours ago, Battlefury said:

@medivoukLet us please know how you game went!

I am absolutely interested in your list! Seems like a good approach to erase the odds, that exist right now.

6 hours ago, Praecautus said:

Also I just realised you are not taking a slaughterhost, in which case maybe give him slaughterborn command trait to reroll all hits 

Good luck

Ok. So I'm just back from the club here in coventry, uk (Dreamdealers).

We played the Focal points battle plan (determined randomly). I ran the list as described earlier, and my opponent had:

Spider hero with venom totem (12" poison on 5+)

Shaman on arachnarok x2, one had healing spell, the other had double mortal wounds on poison iirc.

5x10 spiderfang grotsa

arachnarok with catapult

Spider swarm endless spell.

So, I completely forgot to take pictures, but some were taken for the club site, so I might be able to provide some later. The table had a citadel wood in the centre, and then 2 more wooded areas on each flank and some of the ophidian ruins scattered about to block Los. 

I deployed my prince, and 30 bestigor on my right flank, facing off against 2 big spiders and 20 small ones. Centre was the bullgors, ghorgon and doombull, as well as the bloodsecrator and slaughterpriest on the altar. Left flank was held by gors, chariots and flesh hounds (they were opposite 2x 10 spiders and spider hero). I left a squad of gor on my home objective and he left 10 spiders and one of the mages on arok on his.

I gave up turn one, knowing I was slower and hoping to hit him with a heavy countercharge. The more on the left objective got charged and died, and the other spiders crept forwards, claiming the three objectives on the centre line for 6 vps turn one. My turn one saw the bestigor swarm towards the spiders on the right objective, failng the charge, but redirecting into the spiders in the center, where they join up with the gorghon and clear them out. On the left objective the bullgors get killing frenzy and doombull buff and delete some spiders .one chariot swings back to support the objective and the other dashes forwards to threaten the backfield.

Turn 2, I lose priority, the flanking chariot gets charged and dies, and the spiders from the right hand objective charge the bestigor. The spiders in the middle form up, and the spider hero who had supported the initial charge retreats yo a safe distance. The rearguard arok then moves forward threateningly. The bestigor take casualties, but 1 CP stops the battlshock. In my turn 2 the ghorgon receives killing frenzy, the bullgors get +1 to wound from doombull and move and I summon the skulls, hoping they stick around. By this point I have 4 blood tithe, so the bestigors clear out some of the 10 spiders on the right objective in my hero phase.

The chariot camps the left objective, ghorgon, DP and bullgors move up to charge the spider mage by the home objective of my opponent. Ghorgon fails its charge miserably, but the DP does 14 wounds before the bullgors swing! Hounds run into spiders threatening left objective, and kill a couple. Opponent claims 2 vps, I score 6.

Turn 3, I lose priority, ghorgon gets charged by one spider, my bestigor the other, DP and Bullgors get charged by 10 spiders from his home objective. Lots of mortal wounds mean all four units are mauled, but functioning. The spiders suffer a similar fate. 

My turn 3, the skulls have stuck around and lurk near his spider mage. I throw the Doom bull at his spider hero and push the bloodsecrator onto the centre objective at a run.  Combat wise, the doombull killed his general, my Dp dies to spiders who in turn die to the bullgors and the ghorgon takes the catapult arok down to 1hp. Vps +4 to me, +1 for spiders.

Turn 4, I've not got priority. Blessing of the spider God heals the 1 hp behemoth for 6, after rolling a 12 to cast! He then attempted to cast a second spell and rolled an 8 inflicting 6 mortal wounds from the hexdrinker skulls. Spiders on the left kill the chariot, arok in the centre kills the ghorgon, and the mage on 1hp kills the last of the bestigor.

My 4, I go stupid and throw the bloodsecrator and bullgor into the spider, having failed to do anything with the priest. (So I sent him to cap the left point as punishment.) Doombull sits on the spiderfang home objective.  Combat went awful and I lost the bloodsecrator.

However, I generated another 4 vps to my opponents 1. We ended the game at the top of turn 4, 16vps for khorne vs 9 for spiderfang (he was highly unlikely to catch up. And we were almost out of time).

Sorry for the wall of text. But it was a bloody game, and I might have skipped some details. The DP did really well, as did the bestigor and bullgors. Keeping everything under all the buffs was impossible, but trying to keep each unit buffed a little bit worked really well.  The DP was impressive, but with all the buffs i'd slapped on him he should be! I'm gonna run it again and see if I can iron out some kinks. Especially trying to keep the buffs in range better, as there were a lot of times I was out of range!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Laier said:

I have a question. If Brass Despoilers now CAN be taken as Khorne Alegiance - can Bloodmarked warband be taken the samewise?

No, Beasts of Chaos were specifically an edge case.

The original FAQ back at the launch of 2.0 was fully meant to shut down cross allegiance battalions like Everchosen and Nighthaunt.

That was why before they fixed BoC, there was a massive RAW vs RAI debate.

Now this might change with the slaves/darkoath/everchosen update, or maybe not.

5 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

No, Beasts of Chaos were specifically an edge case.

The original FAQ back at the launch of 2.0 was fully meant to shut down cross allegiance battalions like Everchosen and Nighthaunt.

That was why before they fixed BoC, there was a massive RAW vs RAI debate.

Now this might change with the slaves/darkoath/everchosen update, or maybe not.

Thank you. Because it would be pretty hilarious. Even without Blood Sacrifice spam - just one suicide bloodreavers squad would give 10 bt on death. I mean it even not specifies when you nominate new "hero" - so when 10 bloodreavers unit would be wiped you could potentionally remove models one by one each time nominating new "hero" and immediatly removing him due to damage unit suffered... Erm... Or how this even works?

Guys i have run archaon with reapers of vengance and the bloodstocker.... I killed 1 incantor 1 castellan and 20 sequitors in 3 turns.. then i left the fight full hp. Just sayin he is tanky and killy right now.. piling in 2 times.

He is mortal and demon so he can get buffs from everything.

How are you allying in archaon to a blades of khorne army? He's a bit more than 400 points of allies😂

He can't benefit from reapers of vengeance because it targets a reapers of vengeance Daemon unit. He does not gain the keyword as is not from the blades of khorne allegiance. 

Or are you just playing open play? Still, shouldn't be able to do it.

27 minutes ago, fwlr said:

How are you allying in archaon to a blades of khorne army? He's a bit more than 400 points of allies😂

He can't benefit from reapers of vengeance because it targets a reapers of vengeance Daemon unit. He does not gain the keyword as is not from the blades of khorne allegiance. 

Or are you just playing open play? Still, shouldn't be able to do it.

Archaon can simply be picked as a leader in Azyr.

As far as getting the Reapers of Vengeance keyword, wouldn't he receive it as any other Khorne Daemon?

He's a Khorne Daemon in your army that is Reapers of Vengeance.

If you were to pick a Daemon Prince or Lord of Khorne on Daemonic mount  they'd be part of it. Hell, if you  were to ally a unit of Khorne Furies they'd be part of it

Edited by jazman84

Sorry for the negativity but I don’t think Khorne or maybe even AoS is for me. 

Did a 1,000 point game versus a completely new AoS player who hadn’t even played since AoS 1 and he was using Fireslayers and completely ****** on me in victory points. By top of turn 4 it was 15 to 3. 

I guess I’m just literally terrible at this game and at this point I guess it’s just not for me. 

Dude barely had any idea of what he was going but his Runefather on Magmadroth 1 shots my Daemon Prince by spewing mortal wounds on death turn 1, it took 3 turns for my Blood Warriors to kill 1 single Auric Runemaster. 

I pump 46 attacks into Grimwrath Berzerkers with 10 Bloodreavers and he survives and 1 shots my entire unit. 

At this point I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. 

I’m just going to stop putting input in because I have literally nothing of value to add except how to lose super hard every game. It’s clearly not Khorne because everyone else is winning. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

Sorry for the negativity but I don’t think Khorne or maybe even AoS is for me. 

Did a 1,000 point game versus a completely new AoS player who hadn’t even played since AoS 1 and he was using Fireslayers and completely ****** on me in victory points. By top of turn 4 it was 15 to 3. 

I guess I’m just literally terrible at this game and at this point I guess it’s just not for me. 

Dude barely had any idea of what he was going but his Runefather on Magmadroth 1 shots my Daemon Prince by spewing mortal wounds on death turn 1, it took 3 turns for my Blood Warriors to kill 1 single Auric Runemaster. 

I pump 46 attacks into Grimwrath Berzerkers with 10 Bloodreavers and he survives and 1 shots my entire unit. 

At this point I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. 

I’m just going to stop putting input in because I have literally nothing of value to add except how to lose super hard every game. It’s clearly not Khorne because everyone else is winning. 

Dude I've been playing since January and I've lost all but 2 games as Khorne, what else were you running? Did you use any blood tithe points? What could you have done differently? I tend to run almost all daemon lists as they synergise together well, especially with the locus of fury ability. Bloodreavers in particular I find to be really bad. 

43 minutes ago, jazman84 said:

Archaon can simply be picked as a leader in Azyr.

As far as getting the Reapers of Vengeance keyword, wouldn't he receive it as any other Khorne Daemon?

He's a Khorne Daemon in your army that is Reapers of Vengeance.

If you were to pick a Daemon Prince or Lord of Khorne on Daemonic mount  they'd be part of it. Hell, if you  were to ally a unit of Khorne Furies they'd be part of it

You know, at first I thought it sounded silly(and broken😂) but you make a very good point.

I take back what I said, this is a far more logical explanation than my original one.

What shenanigans can we get up to here🤔🤔🤔

Archaon is indeed khorne, daemon, and mortal. I've got a list I'm hoping to try out this week with him: dark feast and a whole bunch of buffs. Killing frenzy, bronzed flesh, mystic shield, whip, +3 attacks for each weapon, rerolls from the locus, and a double pile in to top it off. His expected damage out from the sword alone is something like 21 wounds vs a 4+ save. The biggest problem for me with archaon has always been rolling a couple extra 1s and 2s and wasting all of that damage potential, but with the locus for hit rolls and the whip for wound rolls he should be hitting and wounding like 95% of his attacks. Not going to lie, I'm really excited to give it a shot. 

Edited by Grimrock