AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Hey all,

My local store has a 1000 point tournament coming up soon and I'm contemplating taking Blades of Khorne (my main army is Everchosen, which isn't all that great at 1k.)

I've read through all 16 pages of this thread, and came up with this list. I'm not sure if it's ridiculous enough to work, or just plain ridiculous.
The idea is to just jam forward with a sea of bodies in small sized units, try and wrack up Tithe points and get to summoning.
Would love to know people's thoughts!

Leaders:
Aspiring Deathbringer 
General
Trait: Violent Urgency

Bloodsecrator
Artefact: Verdant Mantle

Slaughterpriest
Prayer: Blood Sacrifice

Slaughterpriest

Battleline:
Bloodreavers x10 

Bloodreavers x10 

Bloodreavers x10 

Bloodreavers x10 

Bloodreavers x10 

Bloodreavers x10 

Bloodreavers x10 

Other: 
Garrek's Reavers

990 points.

Very interesting concept for 1000 points. In theory you should have quite a few blood tithe by turn 2.  Do you have the full range of daemons available to summon? Remember that summoned units must be wholly within 12" of a khorne hero so think carefully about your placement of the deathbringer and slaughter priests as they move up field. I would spread them out as they move up to give yourself options for placing summoned units.

Also I believe you cant take Garrek's Reavers without also taking Riptooth as well, making it 120 points in total, although they are still separate units. Havent done the math on your list so dont know if you have allowed for theextra 40 points.

13 minutes ago, Agent of Chaos said:

Also I believe you cant take Garrek's Reavers without also taking Riptooth as well, making it 120 points in total, although they are still separate units. Havent done the math on your list so dont know if you have allowed for theextra 40 points.

Garrek isn't the one who comes with Riptooth, thats Magore.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Korvak said:

Hey all,

My local store has a 1000 point tournament coming up soon and I'm contemplating taking Blades of Khorne (my main army is Everchosen, which isn't all that great at 1k.)

I've read through all 16 pages of this thread, and came up with this list. I'm not sure if it's ridiculous enough to work, or just plain ridiculous.
The idea is to just jam forward with a sea of bodies in small sized units, try and wrack up Tithe points and get to summoning.
Would love to know people's thoughts!

Leaders:
Aspiring Deathbringer 
General
Trait: Violent Urgency

Bloodsecrator
Artefact: Verdant Mantle

Slaughterpriest

Slaughterpriest

Battleline:
Bloodreavers x10 

Bloodreavers x10 

Bloodreavers x10 

Bloodreavers x10 

Bloodreavers x10 

Bloodreavers x10 

Bloodreavers x10 

Other: 
Garrek's Reavers

990 points.

It feels somewhat risky. Without gore pilgrims your priests are going off on a 4, the most blood tithe you will generate per turn this way is 3; two from prayers and hope the unit breaks. So unless you kill a lot or have other units killed, a blood thirster wont appear until turn 3. 

The other daemons maybe not so good in small units so possibly not adding anything that the dead units of reavers could not already do. Although hounds give you more unbind, but w two priests and a secrator I doubt you will need more.

i would probably keep heros as they are but will just put bezerker lord on your radar for the additional 5+ combat save. I would think about some more duarable units e.g. Khorgoraths are nasty and blood warriors or a unit of skull reapers would give people pause for thought especially with bronze flesh or killing frenzy stacked on them.

Edited by Praecautus

I asked this in Slaves to Darkness, but I'll ask here, for all Khorne players to see and get their opinions: Is there any situation in which one might take Chaos Warriors or Chaos Knights? (Or any of the other dudes, like a basic Lord of Chaos, etc..) 

For me, personally, I'm having trouble figuring out Blood Warriors place in Khorne Bloodbound. I like the models a lot, I think they're really cool, but I find they're slow and often don't really make it into combat, and I'm not sure what to do with them. I've also learned to respect mortal wounds and things like Skaven with lots of mortal wound generation, the Chaos Warriors with their shields seem like a really tasty defensive objective holding unit. 

Thoughts or opinions on normal chaos boys place in a Khorne list as opposed to the strictly dedicated? (I don't play demons so I have no comment on any of the demon units.) 

PS: Is there any shooting or artillery units worth it for Khorne? 

• Like 2

I’m also interested in putting together a mixed mortal Khorne force. 

To me the warriors and knights are still the classic image of a chaos army - and I’d love to paint up some Khorne knights.

I have some of the Bloodbound from the starter box so they will be in there, but Slaves to Darkness with Khorne keyword is where my black and twisted heart is at.

Knights provide some fast anti magic, their shields absorb wounds from spells. There is a really good list on this forum where someone built a list designed for antimagic and took on and beat a tzeentch army. He had at least 2 units of knights.

I can't speak for warriors but they are a great anvil unit w shields and halberds, but lack punch

I do run a warshrine w khorne mark, gives a fourth blood blessing, second totem word and another prayer. It has a ward but that has not done much for me to date.

Gorecahriots synergies well with the mighty lord and lord on juggernaut

Edited by Praecautus
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Oldshrimpeyes said:

I'd love to see that knight based anti magic list 

IMG_0699.PNG

I did not come up with this, the thread is somewhere on this forum. It worked by switching of magic and then murdering the wizards. Note it is an AoS 1 list

Edited by Praecautus
  • Thanks 1

Any input on the following 1k points list?

Allegiance: Khorne

Leaders
Wrath Of Khorne Bloodthirster (320)
- General
- Trait: Immense Power
- Artefact: Behemoth's Bane
Bloodsecrator (140)
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh

Battleline
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes

Units
1 x Khorgoraths (90)

Total: 990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 20
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 69

I'm usually playing with the same 3 people, 2 of them bring some nasty behemoths like Drycha Hamadreth + Treelord Ancient, hence the Behemoth's Bane on my WoK BT.

I don't know if I should remove a Slaughterpriest to add a Bloodstoker, considering that I can't have Gore Pilgrims at that point level... But I just love Slaughterpriests. ?

I guess the alternative is to remove the Khorgy, or ignore the Bloodstoker altogether and add 5 more Blood Warriors.

@Lazaris I think the list looks good. Wok by is a threat that cant be ignored. I would say try w the two priests but you can consider dropping one to a stoker and adding in more warriors. Maybe see how the dice gods favour your priests.

i would keep the khorgy, I find it to be a sleeper unit thy gets ignored until it destroys something. With two bronzed flesh it's a real killer at that level.

Hi blood drinkers

Today I played my first game of AoS 2

This is the list I played

Allegiance: Khorne
Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
Wrath Of Khorne Bloodthirster (320)
- General
- Trait: Slaughterborn 
- Artefact: Doppelganger Cloak 

Karanak (90)
Bloodsecrator (140)
- Artefact: The Brazen Rune auto dispel
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Artefact: Dimensional Blade
- Blood Blessing: Blood Sacrifice
Slaughterpriest (100)
Slaughterpriest (100)

Battleline
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes 
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axe
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axe

Units
5 x Wrathmongers (180)

Battalions
Blood Hunt (180)
Gore Pilgrims (200)

My opponent played:

Allegiance: Slaanesh
Leaders
Chaos Lord On Daemonic Mount (140)
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (160)
- Runestaff
Keeper Of Secrets (260)
Lord Of Slaanesh On Daemonic Mount (140)
Units
5 x Chaos Warriors (90) - Hand Weapon & Shield
30 x Daemonettes Of Slaanesh (270)
10 x Chaos Knights (320) - Ensorcelled Weapons - Mark of Chaos: Slaanesh
10 x Hellstriders Of Slaanesh (200) - Claw spear
Soul Grinder (260) - Mark of Chaos: Slaanesh
Endles spells
Chronomantic Cogs (60)
Total: 1900 / 2000 Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400 Wounds: 135

We played the scenario:  Total commitment
Lost the game on points 24-23
I houseruled myself that Karanack had to choose an enemy units as its quarry
Think this will come in a FAQ later.

We re not competetive players but here are some thoughts
- Karanack with my selfimposted houserule isnt worth it
- Bloodhunt is still good but not used in this scenario
- Do to the summoning points I feel the games with not competetive players go back and forth even more than before.
- 8 Dispells is a bit overkill but it totally shut down  magic, Not a single spell went of during the game.
- Wrathmongers is great if yo can get them to fight - killed half a Soulgrinder and a  Lord of Slaansh on daemonic mount

Got to use the bloodtithe points to do the following:
- Summon a Bloodthirster
- Summon a 5 Bloodletters
- Summon a 5 Bloodletters
- Summon a 5 Fleshhounds
- Murderlust
- Crimson Rain

I'm still so so on Khornes summoning meqanic
Have to play more to decide what I think but for a none competive game it looks ok.

Sheers
gertat

AoS 2 01.JPG

AoS 2 02.jpeg

• Like 3

@Oldshrimpeyes @Ravinsild @tamthethird 

That was me :-)

Here is the link to the battle report; 

In AOS2 the flesh hounds are battle line so I wouldnt have to split the blood warriors into 2 units of 5 however with point adjustments the list would need further tweaking.

I played another game against Tzeentch on the wknd and am about to put together another battle report however didn't use Knights this time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Agent of Chaos said:

@Oldshrimpeyes @Ravinsild @tamthethird 

That was me ?

Here is the link to the battle report; 

In AOS2 the flesh hounds are battle line so I wouldnt have to split the blood warriors into 2 units of 5 however with point adjustments the list would need further tweaking.

I played another game against Tzeentch on the wknd and am about to put together another battle report however didn't use Knights this time. 

But..my inquiry wasn't about how to defeat Tzeentch :/ It was how to effectively use Chaos Knights and Chaos Warriors or any of the other Mortal Units with Khorne Bloodbound, including the Chariots or any of the leaders. They just have some cool models and I was curious about their place or viability within a Khorne army. As I understand it, Khorne is probably in the same place as Ironjawz: Middle Tier. Not the worst, but definitely not the best. Just somewhere in the middle, aka "fine". 

In other words: for an army that's already not amazing, do normal Chaos units offer enough to bring or in any way enhance our list to boost them and make them stronger, or is it more dead weight to an already weakish faction? 

Edited by Ravinsild

Well I guess the idea is for you to see how the chaos knights were used in that game to help you gauge if you want to try them out. There is way more to them then a 5+ mortal wound save. They respond very well to the many buffs available in khorne armies and I certainly prefer them over our juggernaut riding options.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Agent of Chaos said:

Well I guess the idea is for you to see how the chaos knights were used in that game to help you gauge if you want to try them out. There is way more to them then a 5+ mortal wound save. They respond very well to the many buffs available in khorne armies and I certainly prefer them over our juggernaut riding options.

Thanks for posting your list! Certainly some food for thought there. I’m wondering if I would now take Karanak as well as the flesh hounds, but definitely sold on the idea of using the knights. Juggers are something I think you need to be all in with and going for Brass Stampede.

• Like 1