Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gaz Taylor

AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ChaosUndivided said:

How badly do you need to win every game? 

I don't believe that's a fair way to characterize what is on the minds of people there. Speaking for myself, at least, I would like two things from my new $1000 army:

1. Feel like, once I've got some experience under my belt, I've got a fair chance at winning a given game in a competitive environment.

2. My army plays in a way that reflects its bloody, murderous, martial, inspired-by-the-god-of-killing background.

 

Right now #1 seems more and more unlikely and #2 is actually better reflected in other armies.

 

I mean, when you look at the greater demon of said god in said fights and start thinking "Boy, that thing doesn't really scare anyone" something has missed the mark.

Edited by Sleboda
Many bad typos.
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Sleboda said:

I don't believe that's a fair way to characterize what is on the minds of people there. Speaking for myself, at least, I would like to things from my new $1000 army:

1. Feel like, once I've got some experience under my belt, I've got a fair chance at winning a given game in a competitive environment.

2. My army plays in a way that reflects its bloody, murderous, martial, inspured-by-the-god-of-killing background.

 

Right now #1 send more and more unlikely and #2 is actually better reflected in other armies.

 

I mean, when you look at the greater demon of said god in said fights and start thinking "Boy, that thing doesn't really scare anyone" something has missed the mark.

That’s what I’ve been trying to say. 

They’ve really missed the *feeling* of Khorne. 

In the books they rush forward in a bloody murderous stampede of gore and violence. 

On the table they drop like flies and slowly shuffle up the board in a giant huddle going nut to butt so they don’t fall out of the all important auras and they’re leashed to being within a certain distance of the altar or they straight up lose all support. 

This doesn’t quite *feel* right. 

Edited by Ravinsild
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am saddened I never got to try out my Council of Blood launched forth by 3 Bloodstokers.  It would have been like 3 huge cannons, but alas, no more Bloodstokers for daemons, and apparently the Wrath-Thirster's ability has changed, so no more run and charging for any Khorne guys that I can find.  Skaarac used to have that for monsters I think too.  

The new focus for me will be Beasts of Khorne, basically getting more attacks for my Bullgors with great axes in a Brass Despoilers battalion.  Using Gors for cheap battleline/tithe points.   I can ally in a Bray or Tzaangor Shaman and maybe a Shaggoth to help out the Khornate Dragon Ogors.  I like those Beasty Endless Spells.

My friend is focusing on bloodletters and the daemon slaughterhost to let bunches of them strike first in combat, and then attack again I think.  Coupled with the Tyrants of Blood, I think some Khorne units (when they reach combat) could be able to strike perhaps 3 to maybe 4 times in a turn if things work out properly.  The one Bloodthirster that lets daemon units attack and pile in within 6" is a good aura ability.

Mortals as usual will need many many heroes and their abilities.  Frankly I'd just use a Skulltake and the Wrathmonger battalion for them.  Solid combos there, and probably with the Skullfiend Tribe.

I am definitely happier with the new Skaven tome though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here we go again... Somebody hold me back! Its a perfectly fair way to characterize all of this. I stand by that statement 110%.

2 hours ago, Sleboda said:
6 hours ago, ChaosUndivided said:

How badly do you need to win every game? 

I don't believe that's a fair way to characterize what is on the minds of people there. Speaking for myself, at least, I would like to things from my new $1000 army:

1. Feel like, once I've got some experience under my belt, I've got a fair chance at winning a given game in a competitive environment.

2. My army plays in a way that reflects its bloody, murderous, martial, inspured-by-the-god-of-killing background.

Wow ok so entitlment? You are going to base your stance on what you believe you're intitled to? Welcome to Games Workshop where their moto is "We owe you nothing."  You act as if because you spent money that they are now legally obligated to live up to your expectations. First of all if you know anything about the history of the game pretty much anything is liable to change at any given moment and you are buying under that assumption. Secondly who are you to judge that just because Khorne worships bloodshed that means all his followers should be better fighters than say Orcs? Who know nothing but warfare. If you want to continue on with your own logic how do you say Beastclaw Raiders feel? They get beat by like basically everything even tho they are biggest baddest mortals in the realms. Why dont you go over to their thread and cry.

I have never played narrative rules or open play rules. I have posted multiple battle reports here all using match play rules. Even demolished a FEC player who surrendered top of turn 2 with new book! The guy operates his own GW shop i think he knows what hes doing. My local scene has everything from casual gamers who like to hang out and roll dice and chit chat to ultra competitive gamers who sit down with a calculator when making list and min/max everything for optimal performance and will be such rule sticklers they will debate you down to the 1/16 of an inch. With this new book i feel confident putting my Khorne army vs any of theirs.

Im going to quote Jordan Peterson here because its relevant. Even tho its probably gonna go over some of your heads. What it means is its not about always winning its how you play the game that matters. 

“Life isn’t a game; it’s a set of games. And the rule is, ‘Never sacrifice victory across the set of games for victory in one game,’ right? And that’s what it means to play properly. You wanna play so that people keep inviting you to play, ‘cause that’s how you win, right? You win by being invited to play the largest possible array of games, and the way you do that is by manifesting the fact that you can play in a reciprocal manner every time you play, even if there’s victory at stake, and that’s what makes you successful across time. And we all know that, and we even tell our kids that, but we don’t know that we know it. And so we’re not adapting ourselves to the game and victory in the game; we’re adapting ourselves to the metagame and victory across the set of all possible games."

Edited by ChaosUndivided
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord Krungharr said:

I am saddened I never got to try out my Council of Blood launched forth by 3 Bloodstokers.  It would have been like 3 huge cannons, but alas, no more Bloodstokers for daemons, and apparently the Wrath-Thirster's ability has changed, so no more run and charging for any Khorne guys that I can find.  Skaarac used to have that for monsters I think too.  

The new focus for me will be Beasts of Khorne, basically getting more attacks for my Bullgors with great axes in a Brass Despoilers battalion.  Using Gors for cheap battleline/tithe points.   I can ally in a Bray or Tzaangor Shaman and maybe a Shaggoth to help out the Khornate Dragon Ogors.  I like those Beasty Endless Spells.

My friend is focusing on bloodletters and the daemon slaughterhost to let bunches of them strike first in combat, and then attack again I think.  Coupled with the Tyrants of Blood, I think some Khorne units (when they reach combat) could be able to strike perhaps 3 to maybe 4 times in a turn if things work out properly.  The one Bloodthirster that lets daemon units attack and pile in within 6" is a good aura ability.

Mortals as usual will need many many heroes and their abilities.  Frankly I'd just use a Skulltake and the Wrathmonger battalion for them.  Solid combos there, and probably with the Skullfiend Tribe.

I am definitely happier with the new Skaven tome though.

Brass Despoilers does seem interesting. It would be a whole different army but it could be quite good. You pick up some more speed. 

Khorne Bestigors get freaking choppy next to a Bloodsecrator and some Wrathmongers. Yikes. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Is there a way to block overtly hostile individuals who are offensive, aggressive, call people names, and mis-characterize the thoughts of others on this forum?

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Using Beasts of Chaos was a thing I did concider too. But a few sides before someone stated, that they can not be used in the Blades of Khorne allegiance, although they would gain the KHORNE keyword.

Is that right?

@ChaosUndivided I suggest we get your point. At least, that's what I did. You're happy with the book, and thats actually a good thing!

You should maybe concider, that each region got its own meta, really. And apparently the army still is not viable for competetive games in generel. Maybe in your location, so you can be happy about that!
No need to get in defensive mode, noone wants to insult you personally.

A thing about your quote. He is right, basically. But we have to concider the different mindsets, that lead to our characters.
Let us talk about my mindset there. In generell, I am pretty diplomatic, freindly and I do not expect miracles to happen. But when I really put a lot of effort into something, then it would have to pay out at least a conciderable number of times. If that's not happening, and trust me there, people will become cynical. That's where the human mind is irrational.
But it is something, we can understand. What to fight for, if nothing pays out, ever?

It's the same thing here. Although it is just a game, we want to achieve something. I have played a lot of games and tournaments with Khorne. I managed to gain 1st place a single time. In free games I had a win rate of average 20%.
When i started another army, that changed. I have played the very first tournament with that army and won all 3 games. I have defeated our local matadore.
There I noticed, it really comes down to the tools, that are given to you, me and other people.

So, if we want to achive something, and we put effort in it, but our tools are just not correct, we can not achieve a victory. And that would be a victory for us, meaning for our personality. It is important to gain benefit, from what we do.
But for some people this army ( and the game is reflecting more than just the actual game here ) is a task, where our tools are not correct.

What we don't like is, that we have to race muscle cars with a tricycle. And it has been the same with the old book. Now, with hte new one, that tricycle got new wheels, so it actually runs better. But how is the overall chance, to really be victorious?

That's the issue.

Noone offends other players, because they concider the book good.
The designer himself is to blame, and the inconsitency of the company.

And we just write, what we feel, because otherwise, we can not communicate our anger and frustration to anywhere.

Edited by Battlefury

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChaosUndivided said:

You act as if because you spent money that they are now legally obligated to live up to your expectations. First of all if you know anything about the history of the game pretty much anything is liable to change at any given moment and you are buying under that assumption.

Technically they have to take responsibility for their product, what they don't do.
Otherwise it is like the DayZ effect. Selling beta stuff over and over again is sometimes concidered cashgrab, or even scam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not being overly aggressive or defensive. Strange how im called completely opposing things but anyways.

I'm pissed off after like a month now of what appears to be non-stop trolling! Every. Single. Time. A constructive conversation gets totally derailed by whines and complaints.

9 minutes ago, Battlefury said:

And apparently the army still is not viable for competetive games in generel.

I respectfully disagree and there has not been a single big tournoment using new book yet so why don't we just wait and see.

Calling people cry babies and trolls is so offensive you need saftey measures put in place? Lol

The moderator of this forum has already stepped in once and said the excessive complaining needs to stop. If i get in trouble for anything i said to day i will accept it with my head held high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Battlefury said:

DayZ effect

Thanks for bringing that up 😢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChaosUndivided said:

Here we go again... Somebody hold me back! Its a perfectly fair way to characterize all of this. I stand by that statement 110%.

Wow ok so entitlment? You are going to base your stance on what you believe you're intitled to? Welcome to Games Workshop where their moto is "We owe you nothing."  You act as if because you spent money that they are now legally obligated to live up to your expectations. First of all if you know anything about the history of the game pretty much anything is liable to change at any given moment and you are buying under that assumption. Secondly who are you to judge that just because Khorne worships bloodshed that means all his followers should be better fighters than say Orcs? Who know nothing but warfare. If you want to continue on with your own logic how do you say Beastclaw Raiders feel? They get beat by like basically everything even tho they are biggest baddest mortals in the realms. Why dont you go over to their thread and cry.

I have never played narrative rules or open play rules. I have posted multiple battle reports here all using match play rules. Even demolished a FEC player who surrendered top of turn 2 with new book! The guy operates his own GW shop i think he knows what hes doing. My local scene has everything from casual gamers who like to hang out and roll dice and chit chat to ultra competitive gamers who sit down with a calculator when making list and min/max everything for optimal performance and will be such rule sticklers they will debate you down to the 1/16 of an inch. With this new book i feel confident putting my Khorne army vs any of theirs.

Im going to quote Jordan Peterson here because its relevant. Even tho its probably gonna go over some of your heads. What it means is its not about always winning its how you play the game that matters. 

“Life isn’t a game; it’s a set of games. And the rule is, ‘Never sacrifice victory across the set of games for victory in one game,’ right? And that’s what it means to play properly. You wanna play so that people keep inviting you to play, ‘cause that’s how you win, right? You win by being invited to play the largest possible array of games, and the way you do that is by manifesting the fact that you can play in a reciprocal manner every time you play, even if there’s victory at stake, and that’s what makes you successful across time. And we all know that, and we even tell our kids that, but we don’t know that we know it. And so we’re not adapting ourselves to the game and victory in the game; we’re adapting ourselves to the metagame and victory across the set of all possible games."

And yet Doctor Peterson also says in a study about mice playing if one mouse dominated another mouse and the dominated mouse does not win at least 30% of the wrestling matches it will stop playing. 

So Khorne overall needs to be able to win at least 30% of its games. Which I believe is entirely possible. However winning in the competition is also important to play. Losing all the time takes you out of the game entirely. 

Also BCR should be buffed and I do feel bad for them. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

And yet Doctor Peterson also says in a study about mice playing if one mouse dominated another mouse and the dominated mouse does not win at least 30% of the wrestling matches it will stop playing

That is true and part of the overall theory. Here is my issue tho... If your not winning more than 30% of your games its not the books fualt, its yours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Is there a way to block overtly hostile individuals who are offensive, aggressive, call people names, and mis-characterize the thoughts of others on this forum?

There is. Click on your username at the top most ribbon, then click on Ignored Users. You'll have to manually type in those individuals you want to ignore.  Then once the username is in, click on the small gear next to their name to determine what of their content you want to ignore.

Edited by AresX8
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Larger rats would invariably beat smaller rats most of the time, given their ‘pinning’ game was very body weight dependent. But when larger rats would not let smaller rats win once in a while (Panksepp estimated around 30% of the time), the smaller rats would stop playing with them. They no longer wanted to play when it was impossible for them to win, they were fine with losing most of the time, as long as there was a chance they could win."

original experiments by Dr Jaak Panksepp


The most important point is, to actually have consistent chances to win. Now imagine, in a game like that.

#competetive
No competetive player would let you win, just because you play a specified army.

So here we are at the core of the issue.
The chances to actually win within competetive environment is not consitently given within this book design.

For just playing anyway it is ok.

That's not trolling. Those thoughs of me, Ravinsild, Killax, Sleboda and all the other "complainers" comes from their experience ;)
That experience might not be yours, but it is still viable anyway.
 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChaosUndivided said:

That is true and part of the overall theory. Here is my issue tho... If your not winning more than 30% of your games its not the books fualt, its yours.

That’s possible. It may be me, but if overall consistently people aren’t doing well across the board then it is the books fault. We will have to wait and see for that though, to see how Khorne fares in tournaments yet to come. 

Also I’m not trolling. I’m not saying things just to provoke a reaction.

I’m analyzing units from my point of view and bringing up points about the General playstyle of the army that nobody is bothering to read or address. 

We have limited ranged options, but other melee armies don’t which is part of the whole problem. Part of the reason DoK is so good is due to Morathi being a kick ass wizard. Ranged damage magic, which is true for.... literally all of other good melee armies except us. 

Our best ranged effects are 16” that’s blood boil and that’s how far our Judgements can go (wholly within 8” summoned and able to move 8” that’s 16 out from the base of the Slaughterpriest). 

It’s somewhat reliable thanks to the Altar however let’s say you deploy the Altar literally at the very edge of the deployment territory. Even in a 9” deployment there’s an 18” gap between armies so if you go first you do nothing with your judgements or blood boil. The enemy is out of range. Btw it happens in the hero phase so you can’t move closer to be in range either. 

Now let’s say you take second turn. Some armies can shoot you, magic you or charge you turn 1, but we can’t reach them at all with anything except maybe spending a command point to sling a Bloodreavers or Blood Warriors Unit way out of range of support and buffs to go suicide into their entire army. 

So we basically have to wait for them to come to us, and if we have no reason to do that then we have to go to them. So we march our Slaughterpriest up 8” to the very edge of getting the benefits of the Altar. So really you effect about 24” inches out from your deployment line. 

8” all the way (which is still 1” away from most battlemaps required distance back) then 8” out for Judgements and another 8” from flying or just 16” out from the walked 8” for blood boil for an effective range of 24”. Anything that takes place outside of this area is unsupported. If you deployed on the left the majority of the right side of the map is unsupported and vice versa, if you deploy in the middle then the flanks are unsupported. 

So once the Slaughterpriests break the leash they’re a lot less reliable. It’s hard to get 4+ in 1 roll, or 5+ for the axe with no +1’s to speak of and no way to modify or help, we’ve left the ranch. 

So we influence about 1 square tile of board with maximum effectiveness and the rest of the board in space is altogether much harder to influence. Now take into account the nature of the army needing to huddle everywhere, the units need to be under the umbrella of the Bloodsecrator, and wholly within 8” of the Bloodstokers if they want to be whipped, same for the Wrathmongers if we want the extra attacks, etc and so forth. So the huddle moved around as a blob, but any base units you send out solo aren’t going to accomplish a lot. 

Throwing out an unbuffed unit of Blood Warriors to capture an objective probably isn’t going to end well because Blood Warriors aren’t innately efficient, they need the support of the huddle to do their best work. 

People can just play around the huddle and out run you, out shoot you, out magic you, and capture the flanks depending on where the death ball is going. 

If im doing it wrong how do you play? How do you avoid these perceived limitations and pitfalls? 

Do you spread your army out? Do they do well as they are without buffs and support? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Battlefury said:

No competetive player would let you win, just because you play a specified army.

So here we are at the core of the issue.
The chances to actually win within competetive environment is not consitently given within this book design.

I just do not agree with your opinion here. I think Khorne, as it stands today, can be competitive in a tournament setting.

There is also a lot not being discussed here. For 1 just because an army does not consistently place top 3 in competitive tournaments doesn't make it a trash army.

Another valid point that should be kept in mind is that players who win at the top tiers of this game do so largely because they are exploiting some kind of imbalance that plays to their benifit. They are essentially trying to on purpose break the game. So this is more about exposing rules or point values that should be adjusted rather than who, in a more fair and balanced environment, is actually the better player or who's army is better (with imbalances aside).

8 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

Also I’m not trolling. I’m not saying things just to provoke a reaction.

I’m analyzing units from my point of view and bringing up points about the General playstyle of the army that nobody is bothering to read or address. 

I could say the same exact words. So block me if you must. I feel there is areas that you have yet to explore. Possibly with the fundamentals of playing a tight game and what makes any player or army better at the game rather than through the narrow hole of the Khorne army where most of your resentment seems to be misplaced.

11 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

It may be me, but if overall consistently people aren’t doing well across the board then it is the books fault.

Again, im simply going to disagree with this. Although the statement itself is correct we have no evidence that many players are not doing well aside from the vocal few who constantly express their grief. I have read almost every battle report that has been posted here since book release and it appears to be more wins than losses ( like 60/40) which is what i would expect from an army that historically has a roughly 50% win ratio. So signs would suggest we have moved up a tad but of course i didn't really do the math and the reporting here is not good data to build real statistics off of for numerous reasons which is why we need to see how the army does over the course of several major tournaments.

I am going to apologize to anyone i offended today. I want this to be a constructive forum where we can talk strategy not a place where every conversation is interrupted by "but look what those guys can do" or "how come we don't have this" statements that derail any meaningful conversations. 

Again, sorry if i offended anyone, i will attempt to be more considerable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ChaosUndivided said:

I just do not agree with your opinion here. I think Khorne, as it stands today, can be competitive in a tournament setting.

There is also a lot not being discussed here. For 1 just because an army does not consistently place top 3 in competitive tournaments doesn't make it a trash army.

Another valid point that should be kept in mind is that players who win at the top tiers of this game do so largely because they are exploiting some kind of imbalance that plays to their benifit. They are essentially trying to on purpose break the game. So this is more about exposing rules or point values that should be adjusted rather than who, in a more fair and balanced environment, is actually the better player or who's army is better (with imbalances aside).

I could say the same exact words. So block me if you must. I feel there is areas that you have yet to explore. Possibly with the fundamentals of playing a tight game and what makes any player or army better at the game rather than through the narrow hole of the Khorne army where most of your resentment seems to be misplaced.

Again, im simply going to disagree with this. Although the statement itself is correct we have no evidence that many players are not doing well aside from the vocal few who constantly express their grief. I have read almost every battle report that has been posted here since book release and it appears to be more wins than losses ( like 60/40) which is what i would expect from an army that historically has a roughly 50% win ratio. So signs would suggest we have moved up a tad but of course i didn't really do the math and the reporting here is not good data to build real statistics off of for numerous reasons which is why we need to see how the army does over the course of several major tournaments.

I am going to apologize to anyone i offended today. I want this to be a constructive forum where we can talk strategy not a place where every conversation is interrupted by "but look what those guys can do" or "how come we don't have this" statements that derail any meaningful conversations. 

Again, sorry if i offended anyone, i will attempt to be more considerable.

Well I’ve never accused you of trolling...

You didn’t directly accuse me of trolling but you did imply it. 

Also I said we don’t know how the book is performing yet. You’re disagreeing with things I never put forward as a stance. 

I said if a majority of people aren’t doing well (winning at least 30% of their games) then it is the book, BUT, we don’t know yet and we will have to wait and see tournament results. 

Then I raised some issues as I see it (range threats, area of influence and board control, map presence, moving as a huddle and singular group, etc...) that once again has gone unaddressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't imagine how surprised i am to see all of you complaining about this new book just because it doesn't play like Khaine. My meta club is small but yet very competitive, and i have yet to loose a single game against skavens, daughters, Nagash, gobbos... with this new book.

Yet i admit i don't play Khorne by its fluff.  I don't run toward the ennemy screaming and raging, hoping to kill him before he does. I play the tricky way.

I block path with thoses two giant skulls and icons, I make screens with futur tithe points, i send 2+ juggernauts to block daughters (not kill them), i resurect skarr and summons a bunch of hounds near him in the same phase, i combine 3 differents buffs on skullreapers and add 2D3 eels to a failed battleshock.

You just can't complain about the tithe table. This thing is the most crazy toolbox in the world! it does EVERYTHING! move charge shoot attack! and more, and you can even add a bunch of hounds when you don't have anything to do. want to finish something far? go for a skullcannon and have a decent chance to snipe it, Or the meteor skull, ! 

Am i gonna loose the initiative roll ? who cares! i have 5 tithe points!

My eyes are rolling when i read comparisons between furies and boodwarriors, i guess there is a reason when one unit has 30 attack and a 6+ while the other has 10 and a 4+. At the very least compares them to hounds (did i mention that fleshounds are an amazing battlelines?)

I think some of you want to win the way they want to. You should win the way you have the tools for. And tools, (hoboy) we have! Once again, the games does not resolve around the killing only. It is all about the objectives.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If you want to accuse me of implying things then we merely need to scroll back in chat where on nearly every page you imply this army sucks now and the rule changes are the reason. So i suggest we just don't go there.

Your concerns have been addressed, again perhaps it is you who are not taking the information presented here by others as ways to address many of your concerns. Is this army good at everything? No necer has been. Does it have weaknesses? Yes always has.

Edited by ChaosUndivided

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kozokus said:

You can't imagine how surprised i am to see all of you complaining about this new book just because it doesn't play like Khaine. My meta club is small but yet very competitive, and i have yet to loose a single game against skavens, daughters, Nagash, gobbos... with this new book.

Yet i admit i don't play Khorne by its fluff.  I don't run toward the ennemy screaming and raging, hoping to kill him before he does. I play the tricky way.

I block path with thoses two giant skulls and icons, I make screens with futur tithe points, i send 2+ juggernauts to block daughters (not kill them), i resurect skarr and summons a bunch of hounds near him in the same phase, i combine 3 differents buffs on skullreapers and add 2D3 eels to a failed battleshock.

You just can't complain about the tithe table. This thing is the most crazy toolbox in the world! it does EVERYTHING! move charge shoot attack! and more, and you can even add a bunch of hounds when you don't have anything to do. want to finish something far? go for a skullcannon and have a decent chance to snipe it, Or the meteor skull, ! 

Am i gonna loose the initiative roll ? who cares! i have 5 tithe points!

My eyes are rolling when i read comparisons between furies and boodwarriors, i guess there is a reason when one unit has 30 attack and a 6+ while the other has 10 and a 4+. At the very least compares them to hounds (did i mention that fleshounds are an amazing battlelines?)

I think some of you want to win the way they want to. You should win the way you have the tools for. And tools, (hoboy) we have! Once again, the games does not resolve around the killing only. It is all about the objectives.

I would love to see a list from you, that you have had success with so that I can see where I may have gone wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kozokus said:

 Once again, the games does not resolve around the killing only. It is all about the objectives.

But how are we gonna hold these? Just planting BWs there and see them getting shot, magic'd or straight up slain in melee?
That's a concern i have.

How are we getting there, if the enemy is more viable to come to us, than we are? Talking about objectives that score significantly more points on the enemy territory.

How do you make it? I understood, that you chaff units pretty well. Are you going through the gaps with hounds?
Are you maybe playing like "gotta hold the objectives 3 turns, then I am just gonna out point the other player"?

I can understand each single concern @Ravinsildhas. It is the combination of actual warscrolls and the possibilities of strategies ( contains movement, buffs, shooting and melee aspects ) that feel very restricted.

Would anyone volunteer to test the army against these lists?:

Leaders

Lord-Arcanum (180)

- General

Knight-Heraldor (100)

Lord-Ordinator (140)

Lord-Castellant (100)

 Units

10 x Sequitors (240)

- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields- 5x Stormsmite Greatmaces

5 x Sequitors (120)

- Tempest Blades and Soulshields- 3x Stormsmite Greatmaces

5 x Sequitors (120)

- Tempest Blades and Soulshields- 3x Stormsmite Greatmaces

6 x Evocators on Dracolines (600)

- 4x Grandstaves

War Machines

Celestar Ballista (100)

Celestar Ballista (100)

Celestar Ballista (100)

Endless Spells

Everblaze Comet (100)

 

Total: 2000 / 2000

Extra Command Points: 0

Allies: 0 / 400
 

 

LEADERS

Verminlord Warpseer (260)

Plague Priest on Plague Furnace (180)

  • General

Verminlord Corruptor (260)

  • w/ sword of judgement 

Grey Seer (120)

Lord of Blights (140)

UNITS

20 x Clanrats (120)

- Rusty Spear

20 x Clanrats (120)

- Rusty Spear

20 x Clanrats (120)

- Rusty Spear

40 x Plague Monks (240)

- Foetid Blades- Icon of Pestilence - Doom Gongs

40 x Plague Monks (240)

- Foetid Blades- Icon of Pestilence - Doom Gongs

BATTALIONS

Congregation of Filth (160)

ENDLESS SPELLS

Vermintide (40)

Allegiance: Skaventide



That's stuff to actually face. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
And please don't just say "we just can't, maybe we should concider facing other lists", because if that would be the case, we actually pointed out the consistency problem with this army atm.

I am really looking for tips.


 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Darksteve said:

I would love to see a list from you, that you have had success with so that I can see where I may have gone wrong.

Ditto. Love to learn.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Darksteve said:

I would love to see a list from you, that you have had success with so that I can see where I may have gone wrong.

My lists change every game. One of them was something like

3 priests with 3 judgments, blessing : to hit, armor and tithe points

Aspiring DB with general trait 5++ , stocker and bloodsecrator with the mortal wound banner (amazing)

3X10 reavers (just screens)

2X5 reapers and 1X5 mongers karanak and 6 jugger

If i remember correctly, this list faced an atrocious skaven army with 3 canons, thanquol and the endless storm, a giant daemon rat, tons of clanrats. The scenario was the one with the 3 objective with random values.

I got doubleturned by turn 2, loosing all my priests, yet i won because i charged in his hero phase, got two extra combat phase for wrathmongers and reapers, summoned 5 hounds. Plus he had to dedicate too much firepower in destroying the juggernauts, got disctracted this way and allowed me to kill all hs "scoring" units (understand numerous units). It was not a cakewalk, i had to think hard to win. (a turning point was Karanak killing a warlock by dispelling it, giving the missing tithe point, lulz)

Edited by kozokus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Battlefury said:

Using Beasts of Chaos was a thing I did concider too. But a few sides before someone stated, that they can not be used in the Blades of Khorne allegiance, although they would gain the KHORNE keyword.

Is that right?
 

You can run Brass Despoilers in Khorne. 

Q: Can Brass Despoilers, Phantasmagoria of Fate, Pestilent Throng and Depraved Drove be used as part of a Chaos army that owes allegiance to a Chaos God? For example, can I take a Brass Despoilers battalion as part of a Khorne army? A: Yes

‘Units from this battalion gain the Khorne keyword. In addition, this warscroll battalion is part of the Khorne faction and the Beasts of Chaos faction.’

It works. I'm looking forward to trying it (I'm BoC main).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ChaosUndivided said:

The moderator of this forum has already stepped in once and said the excessive complaining needs to stop. If i get in trouble for anything i said to day i will accept it with my head held high.

So you will own your hyper aggressive, assumptive, arrogant, and dismissive attitude as a badge of honor? 

 

Tells us all we need to know, really.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...