AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

1 minute ago, THUNDERFISTS said:

Glad I dodged the Skullcannon trap. Now that horrendous model can stay away from my collection without feeling like I'm gimping myself. 

I don't have my book handy, but what Battalion allows Bloodletters to get MWs off on 5+ now? Reference Errata for Pg. 94

It’s part of that ultra super Battalion that would only work in apocalypse games. 

Its the bonus for taking the Warscroll Battalion: Blood Legion. 

Well I'm glad I didn't buy anything before the faq came out but I am bummed that GW still seems to hate the thought of workable mixed arms factions.

I like the balance updates, but honestly they're making me not want to bother buying anything that seems good. Like I could get skarbrand, but I'm pretty sure he'll be nerfed this summer. Which is just enough time for me to build, paint, and use him like twice. Is anyone else feeling the same way?

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Darksteve said:

I wonder why they walked back their claim after one of the rules designers claimed it was intentional. 

Streams should never be taken as official rules, regardless of who is speaking. The rules writer for DoT said Destiny Dice could be used on mortal wound rolls (they can't), the writers for Thousand Sons and Death Guard said the Daemon Primarchs could deep strike via Daemon strategems (they can't). This is not the first time this has happened and wont be the last. The book itself and the FAQ are all that matters.

3 minutes ago, Fredster001 said:

Whaaattt, its an absolute outrage!!

Why if I ever get my hands on...

..meh😔

🎶 When you try your best but you don't succeed... 🎶

Genuinely though, I'm surprised that there isn't any outrage at all! Cannon spam isn't very thematic anyway so I'm glad that its been nerfed. 

Just now, Xasz said:

They cannot be buffed by Wrathmongers anymore as they now specifically target melee weapons.

Oh. Completely missed the memo that they could do that to begin with. Yeah, that would have been bonkers. I assume they still benefit from their battalion? 

6 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Oh. Completely missed the memo that they could do that to begin with. Yeah, that would have been bonkers. I assume they still benefit from their battalion? 

If you mean the Gorethunder Cohort, yeah but it's not that interesting to begin with.

The problem with Skull Cannons is the lack of attacks, they already hit and wound pretty decently.

I'm mildly pissed about this, especially as they said it was intended before (yea yea, I know not a reliable source). In the end it's whatever, there is always someone buying on ebay and I can instead focus on the 3 Thirster they came with. :D

• Like 3

Just now, Xasz said:

If you mean the Gorethunder Cohort, yeah but it's not that interesting to begin with.

The problem with Skull Cannons is the lack of attacks, they already hit and wound pretty decently.

I'm mildly pissed about this, especially as they said it was intended before (yea yea, I know not a reliable source). In the end it's whatever, there is always someone buying on ebay and I can instead focus on the 3 Thirster they came with. :D

For sure :) I have a gonna-maybe-do-it-eventually pirate-ship "broadside" army concept that requires that battalion, so I'm happy there's no additional nerfs beyond the removal of an added buff. Won't be competitive, but will look good on the field.  

28 minutes ago, Mayple said:

The issue is that when the cannons were able to be buffed they weren't nuts, just playable. Now they get to be bad again which is sad. I would personally like to have more models where fielding them doesn't feel like I'm just taking a worse unit from another army.

• Like 1

Just now, Darksteve said:

The issue is that when the cannons were able to be buffed they weren't nuts, just playable. Now they get to be bad again which is sad. I would personally like to have more models where fielding them doesn't feel like I'm just taking a worse unit from another army.

Hm. 

By using the battalion to it's full effect, you'd then be firing essentially 4 shots per cannon, right? I don't know how the wrathmonger buff worked for them, so there's the element of doubt. If my presumption is correct, then you're looking at 32 shots at 3+, 3+, -2, d6 damage every round, at range. Pretty much what qualifies as bonkers by my definition ;)

If that is not the case, then it's less so, and I agree, but you'd still be able to spam cannons that were then far superior to any other cannon in the game, while also being able to ignore the normal 4 maximum artillery limitation that normal cannons abide by. 

The cannon change really really blows. Not because I liked the look  but from a competitive stand point it is a huge nerf. The thing about the cannons are that they fill a giant gap that the rest of th army has. They provided a some what fast, ranged threat and made your opponent come to you to do something about it. Now we lost that and the army really suffers from it.

I get people being happy that Khorne is more Khorne, but winning competitive games with Khorne is just as fun and it is a huge nerf. At least I only proxyed mine. I literally had plans to buy 3 this weekend, glad I waited, but still super salty.......

• Like 1