AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

1 hour ago, Zamik said:

So I just built my Altar of Skulls, and it is pretty big—so big and tall  in fact that I wonder if enemies around the altar base with an attack range of 1” can even hit someone standing on it. I mean, how is the attack range measured in vertical space, from the weapon of the model?

Its been a while, but I am pretty sure that range is measured from the base. So reaching up is quite difficult, even for very tall things.

29 minutes ago, fwlr said:

Its been a while, but I am pretty sure that range is measured from the base. So reaching up is quite difficult, even for very tall things.

They might rule it like the vortex, worth an email to the FAQ

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mikeymajq said:

The models can just movr vertically up walls and sort of 'float' so there are no bs shenanigans of being unreachable in AoS due to terrain.

Yeah I figured models could climb up the side, but there's not really much place to stand up there. In any case, I was REALLY hoping that enemies would have to conga line up the one set of steps into a series of single combats with the priest! Just let me hold onto my image of a hulked-out dude with a giant axe chopping and kicking people down the stone steps and roaring prayers!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zamik said:

Yeah I figured models could climb up the side, but there's not really much place to stand up there. In any case, I was REALLY hoping that enemies would have to conga line up the one set of steps into a series of single combats with the priest! Just let me hold onto my image of a hulked-out dude with a giant axe chopping and kicking people down the stone steps and roaring prayers!

That... would look amazing 😁

1 hour ago, Ravinsild said:

Well I lost a game to Slaanesh turn 1 and then don’t really want to talk about but needless to say I don’t know what to do with this Battletome. 

Just lost a game to Gloomspite Gits (mostly from bad luck) and im feeling the same. Im getting the feeling we just have to wait for all the other tomes to get updated and brought down to our level.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Broken Netcode said:

Im getting the feeling we just have to wait for all the other tomes to get updated and brought down to our level.

But gloomspite gitz just came out.

And if anything, slaanesh will get even more power with all new units, a proper spell lore, etc. Maybe daemonettes will get more expensive.

Sylvaneth update will probably tame their problematic parts I suppose.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Broken Netcode said:

Just lost a game to Gloomspite Gits (mostly from bad luck) and im feeling the same. Im getting the feeling we just have to wait for all the other tomes to get updated and brought down to our level.

There you gonna wait a long time. Most of the battletomes got updates already and are just better designed.

It is absolutely allowed to compare with others here. Although people will say "you can't compare armies directly..." it is indeed allowed to compare. Have a look at the overall design an possibilities.

What i personally see is, that this Battletome just didn't get the attention, it would really have deserved.
People stated, that the designer might not be very interested in that army, but just had to do it anyway.

And what also is pretty important is, that things can be shi*, even though they're new. This book might just be exactly that. We gotta be honest with it, and ourselves here. Might be, that some of us just don't "understand" the new gamestyle. But it might also be, that there is now style to actually be played, exept those 2 battalions.
I really don't want to be overly negative right now, don't get me wrong there.

I am gonna be clear here, what is my opinion to this book:

We are totally restricted in our different possibilities / army lists.
The overall movement and speed is just not fitting this army ( didn't before...does not now ).
The strength of a lot of units is just not given anymore ( buffwise especially ).
Most of the battalions are really not great.
A lot of artifacts / abilities are more than several times the same ( just count the amount of +1hit / reroll hits of 1 is in the book ).
We got pushed into the same old meta, that was played with the old book.

And hopefully you can understand, that waiting for other books is not needed. Our army will not get better, that's a fact.

21 minutes ago, Battlefury said:

There you gonna wait a long time. Most of the battletomes got updates already and are just better designed.

It is absolutely allowed to compare with others here. Although people will say "you can't compare armies directly..." it is indeed allowed to compare. Have a look at the overall design an possibilities.

What i personally see is, that this Battletome just didn't get the attention, it would really have deserved.
People stated, that the designer might not be very interested in that army, but just had to do it anyway.

And what also is pretty important is, that things can be shi*, even though they're new. This book might just be exactly that. We gotta be honest with it, and ourselves here. Might be, that some of us just don't "understand" the new gamestyle. But it might also be, that there is now style to actually be played, exept those 2 battalions.

The overall movement and speed is just not fitting this army ( didn't before...does not now ).
The strength of a lot of units is just not given anymore ( buffwise especially ).
A lot of artifacts / abilities are more than several times the same ( just count the amount of +1hit / reroll hits of 1 is in the book ).

And hopefully you can understand, that waiting for other books is not needed. Our army will not get better, that's a fact.

To be fair, I had 2 bloodthirsters against a troggoth hag and only managed to kill it on turn 5 because of bad luck. Im going to give this tome a lot more chances before I deem it anything. Gotta stay optimistic about these things! There is a way!

Edit: Also noticed, Skullcrushers work WAY better in units of 6+! They do way more mortal wounds and you wont lose that 6th Juggernaut by the time theyre in combat.

Edited by Broken Netcode
Missed a point of conversation
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Battlefury said:

This is the 3rd time I ask: Have you played with the new book yet?

I keep bringing this up because there are things that exist in this book that didn't before. 

An example of this is that I think we have a stronger unit of Bloodletters compared to before. Under Reapers of Vengeance, we can give all of this to them:

- Fight twice with Leave None Alive Reapers of Vengeance command ability. This one is MASSIVE and needs to be played to be believed.

- Re-roll charges with changed Bloodsoaked Banner. Much stronger now. If the Bloodletter unit is at least 20 models, you can have the Gore-Drenched Icon AND the Bloodsoaked Banner.. that's sweet.

- Re-roll all hits (not just failed!) while wholly within 16" of a Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster's changed Lord of the Blood Hunt. Do this to fish for 6's.

- While under Murderhost, add 2 to their charge and run rolls. Yes, it's not a 2d6 move... but it's honestly a wash.

I have more examples to lay out as well.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AresX8 said:

An example of this is that I think we have a stronger unit of Bloodletters compared to before. Under Reapers of Vengeance, we can give all of this to them:

- Fight twice with Leave None Alive Reapers of Vengeance command ability. This one is MASSIVE and needs to be played to be believed.

- Re-roll charges with changed Bloodsoaked Banner. Much stronger now. If the Bloodletter unit is at least 20 models, you can have the Gore-Drenched Icon AND the Bloodsoaked Banner.. that's sweet.

- Re-roll all hits (not just failed!) while wholly within 16" of a Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster's changed Lord of the Blood Hunt. Do this to fish for 6's.

- While under Murderhost, add 2 to their charge and run rolls. Yes, it's not a 2d6 move... but it's honestly a wash.

I have more examples to lay out as well.

Sounds pretty good though. The issue here might be, I do almost only have non demon units. And with only those I really struggle to win anything right now.

The buffs are pretty ok, the Slaughterhosts too. But with units, that hit like feathers, you just won't do anything. Therefore the amount of A done can be modified as fu**, but still the same issue.

What am I supposed to do, when SE appears in my flank, or my back? With his Ballistas?
Seeker rushing the field turn 1 to hold you where you are. Ambushing beasts, that hit like a bag of bricks. Skeleton Warriors, that come back for 1 CP.
Gitz, that literally drown you in MW.

All of that happens, before the units even saw combat.

22 minutes ago, ChaosUndivided said:

Yeah im clocking out of this chat. Bunch of cry babies who need to blame the book and not their planning, unit choice, deployment, or tactics. What a joke this thread has become.

Just because the most players might not have the problems I stated, it deosn't mean, that this problem doesn't exist. A lot of players struggle with the army right now, and I know a lot, that had a look at the book and just straight skipped on that. Selling their armies and having enough of mislead design, is what they say.

• Like 1

I’m entirely willing to admit it was my list. It was a lot of factors. It may entirely be down to user error, but it doesn’t make it ANY less frustrating I literally lost the game in an unrecoverable way at the top or turn 2. 

The map was Knife to the Heart. I deployed my Altar of Skulls about 3 inches back from the line in the center. I stretched my line of 40 Bloodreavers across the entire deployment line, as well as my 2 units of 5 Blood Warriors. 

Further back next to the Altar were my 2 Slaughterpriests and Bloodsecrator. My Exalted Champion was maybe 3 inches behind the Slaughterpriests. 

On the left side I deployed my Mighty Skullcrushers unit of 6. On the right side my Wrathmongers behind my SKARBRAND. 

I took turn 1 because I deployed first. I advanced my Bloodreavers up and spread them out like a net to catch his Daemonettes and Hellstriders. The same with Blood Warriors as speed bumps to get Gorefist mortal wounds and fight as they die. 

I summoned a judgement (Axe and Skulls) which didn’t get far enough to inflict any mortal wounds. 

My turn was over. He ran and charged or simply walked with his massive speed like 18” and charged everything into my front line. It basically shattered taking possibly 10 Daemonettes out of 60 overall, and nothing from his Herald on Chariot, Keeper of Secrets, Hellstriders etc. I basically put out 10 wounds and my entire battleline got deleted. 

He got to activate his Daemonettes again and consolidate and pile into my Mighty Skullcrushers. This denied them the charge so they never got to do mortal wounds. They killed some in the fighting and I took 4 wounds.

battleshock wiped my Reavers (3 were left) and my Blood Warriors. 

Top of turn 2 he gets it and double turns me then just smashed my exposed heroes while avoiding SKARBRAND with his speed who is off in Lala land. 

My plan of absorbing the charge then counter charge did not go as planned. My hammers were not in position to strike back. I wiped 1 whole unit of Daemonettes and 1 Keeper of Secrets while all I had left was SKARBRAND, 5 Wrathmongers, 1 Slaughterpriest, 1 Bloodsecrator. Everything else died. Not even summoning daemons with bloodtithe would have helped because he had like 25 depravity points and summoning anything worthwhile is like 5+ blood tithe. Sweet. 

Maybe it was my list. It was probably my deployment. The double turn didn’t help. 

However Mighty Skullcrushers aren’t great if they don’t get a charge. SKARBRAND is fine but so many points and if he just gets juked he’s worthless. Our battleline is just wasted points. Blood Warriors are too expensive and Blood Reavers are just literal trash. My Exalted Deathbringer was a hero this game until he died. 

Slaughterpriests are fine, but they’re support units and when everything is dead there’s nothing to support. 

Bloodsecrator same thing. 

It was everything. A probably bad list, a bad map, a bad strategy (counter charge by taking the charge), bad deployment, bad movement, but even if everything had gone exactly as planned I’m not convinced I could have beat his list. 

Allegiance: Khorne
- Slaughterhost: The Goretide

Leaders
Skarbrand (400)
Bloodsecrator (140)
- General
- Trait: Hew the Foe 
- Artefact: Thronebreaker's Torc 
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Resanguination
Exalted Deathbringer with Impaling Spear (80)
- Artefact: Gorecleaver 

Battleline
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
40 x Bloodreavers (240)
- Meatripper Axes
6 x Mighty Skullcrushers (360)
- Bloodglaives

Units
5 x Wrathmongers (140)

Battalions
Gore Pilgrims (140)

Endless Spells
Wrath-Axe (60)
Hexgorger Skulls (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 141

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Seekers

Leaders
Keeper of Secrets (260)
Keeper of Secrets (260)
Herald of Slaanesh on Exalted Seeker Chariot (160)
Herald of Slaanesh on Exalted Seeker Chariot (160)
Infernal Enrapturess (120)
Infernal Enrapturess (120)

Battleline
30 x Daemonettes of Slaanesh (270)
30 x Daemonettes of Slaanesh (270)
5 x Hellstriders of Slaanesh (100)
- Claw spear
5 x Hellstriders of Slaanesh (100)
- Claw spear

Units
5 x Seekers of Slaanesh (120)

Endless Spells
Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 138

Edited by Ravinsild
  • Like 2

Oh yeah. That slaanesh list is just so much better than your own. I wouldn't be surprised to find that in a high level tournament. And tbh, your list is kind of all over the place. Got cool stuff but nothing really harmonic 

Sounds as if you deployed pretty badly too. Stretching out all the bloodreavers is asking for them to die- there's going to be like 3 units that can hit them, easily. Then they die. Ingloriously. 

Really that list is quite obvious as to the plan- hit everything first turn and cripple their army so they can do nothing, then fish for s double turn. Simple. Really, if you knew you went first(count drops) it would have been better to backline your stuff as then there is no t1 charge, then try and counter through maybe a double turn or leaving more valuable units screened. For example, with the crushers, rather than leaving them on the frontline, let him not get the t1 charge by screening (here it is good to use reavers as chaff/blood tithe- thin your units down a little if they are not looking to be a hammer. then hope to go after he does and counter charge by moving bloodreavers out of the way and letting skarbrand and the crushers jump through.

In list terms, I recommend getting rid of some of the extra weight, maybe bulking out the stuff in the battalion to minimise drops.

Maybe the book is not too tier, but it is still week 1 and there's not been a lot of gameplay.

Hope this helps. 

Edited by fwlr
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, Battlefury said:

Just because the most players might not have the problems I stated, it deosn't mean, that this problem doesn't exist. A lot of players struggle with the army right now, and I know a lot, that had a look at the book and just straight skipped on that. Selling their armies and having enough of mislead design, is what they say.

This statement just reaks of self defeatism and blantant deception. First of all i stand by my first statement that perhaps you're just not as good at this game as you think or you're hundreds of dollars in the hole on crumby units and refuse to admit the army sucks.

You know "a lot" of people who just up and sold their army? This is wrong on so many levels. 1. I doubt you even know "a lot" of people with Khorne armies. 2. You can't just sell a whole army in a matter, of what a week, without basically giving it away which is just financialy stupid. 3. If this supposed "lot" of people sold their army that fast there must be other people really excited about this book and just clamoring to get their hands on a Khorne army. 4. This is obviously a lazy deceptive comment contrived to support your self defeating viewpoint that you refuse to back down from. 5. Anyone supporting this is a passive aggressive troll.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, fwlr said:

Oh yeah. That slaanesh list is just so much better than your own. I wouldn't be surprised to find that in a high level tournament. And tbh, your list is kind of all over the place. Got cool stuff but nothing really harmonic 

Sounds as if you deployed pretty badly too. Stretching out all the bloodreavers is asking for them to die- there's going to be like 3 units that can hit them, easily. Then they die. Ingloriously. 

Really that list is quite obvious as to the plan- hit everything first turn and cripple their army so they can do nothing, then fish for s double turn. Simple. Really, if you knew you went first(count drops) it would have been better to backline your stuff as then there is no t1 charge, then try and counter through maybe a double turn or leaving more valuable units screened. For example, with the crushers, rather than leaving them on the frontline, let him not get the t1 charge by screening (here it is good to use reavers as chaff/blood tithe- thin your units down a little if they are not looking to be a hammer. then hope to go after he does and counter charge by moving bloodreavers out of the way and letting skarbrand and the crushers jump through.

In list terms, I recommend getting rid of some of the extra weight, maybe bulking out the stuff in the battalion to minimise drops.

Maybe the book is not too tier, but it is still week 1 and there's not been a lot of gameplay.

Hope this helps. 

It does help but I’m honestly reeling for a good mortals list. I just don’t know what to use. Skullreapers are ok, but their 6’s would have to be re-rolled against Daemonettes and if not Slaanesh against, say, Stormcast or Ironjawz with decent saves they have no rend. 

I need like 3 Start Collecting Daemon boxes. It may be time to just accept the Murderhost 🤷‍♂️

Blood Warriors don’t feel worth investing into and neither do Reavers. Maybe it’s time for a turn 1 Brass Stampede list? Charge and hope for the best without any chaff? I genuinely don’t know which battalion to go for or which models to pick.  I'll list everything I own. I don't know if there's a viable list here. At this point it may be entirely necessary that I invest in Khorne Daemons. 

My collection is basically:

Bloodbound:

Leaders:

x1 Aspiring Deathbringer with Blood-Axe and Wrath-hammer

x2 Aspiring Deathbringer with Goreaxe and Skullhammer

x1 Bloodsecrator

x1 Bloodstoker 

x1 Exalted Deathbringer with Ruinous Axe and Skullgouger

x2 Exalted Deathbringer with Impaling Spear

x1 Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut

x1 Mighty Lord of Khorne (Or Khorgos Khul)

x2 Skarr Bloodwrath

x1 Skullgrinder

x2 Slaughterpriest with Hackblade & Wrath-hammer

x1 Slaughterpriest with Bloodbathed Axe

Battleline:

x40 Bloodreavers with Meatripper Axes 

x20 Bloodreavers with Reaver Blades 

x50 Blood Warriors with Dual Goreaxes (x5 Banner, x5 Goreglaive)

x 14 Blood Warriors with Goreaxe and Gorefist

Other:

x1 Garrek's Reavers

x2 Khorgorath

x1 Magore's Fiends

x12 Mighty Skullcrushers

x15 Skullreapers

x10 Wrathmongers

Daemons of Khorne:

Leaders:

x1 Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage

x1 Skarbrand

Battleline:

x5 Flesh Hounds

Edited by Ravinsild
  • Like 1

Mortals are just as awkward as they were before the book, just a bit different here and there.

They now neither do damage nor can sustain a lot of damage (ok, the latter is nothing new). For an army that is allegedly made out of skilled warriors and crazed cannibals their over all damage is surprisingly low.

The saving grace are priests but while they are excellent supporters they cannot carry a whole army. Battleshock immunity no longer being easily available hurts them as well.

Then there is Schrödinger's Buffing. Many abilities give us an incentive to go for bigger units, while at the same time you'll effectively never be in your wholly within auras when pumping them up.

The one thing I really like about the book, is that each BT now has a purpose. Although, this seemingly came at the price of giving Bloodletter two in the back of their heads and all battalions being rather bland (there are a few exception though).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

It does help but I’m honestly reeling for a good mortals list. I just don’t know what to use. Skullreapers are ok, but their 6’s would have to be re-rolled against Daemonettes and if not Slaanesh against, say, Stormcast or Ironjawz with decent saves they have no rend. 

I need like 3 Start Collecting Daemon boxes. It may be time to just accept the Murderhost 🤷‍♂️

Blood Warriors don’t feel worth investing into and neither do Reavers. Maybe it’s time for a turn 1 Brass Stampede list? Charge and hope for the best without any chaff? I genuinely don’t know which battalion to go for or which models to pick. 

I was looking over the unit stats back and forth between the list and a number of things poped out at me. If you had the Reavers spread out did you even get Secrator bonus on them? Kinda doesnt matter cuz Reavers are like worst battleline going right now. You should have let them go first and swarm you so you could actually hit them with the wrath axe. Let them bring the fight to your altar then make them regret it.

Slaughterborn battalion would of straight up won you this game on its own. Between 2 or 3x Blood Warriors ignoring rend and chipping MW back they could have decimated the Daemonets. Their true power isn't seen until you field at least units of 10. The Reapers also would of had ignore rend and again, the more you field the more MW you're throwing back. They would help protect key heroes when the Hellstriders and Seekers swing around to flank.

No Stoker? He would have been far more useful than an Exalted D.

Skarbrand is super cool but he's also a pretty big liability cuz he cost so much pointa you gotta choose to cut other stuff that may have been more useful. If he dies without accomplishing much it will cost you game. Best used when facing other big models.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ChaosUndivided said:

I was looking over the unit stats back and forth between the list and a number of things poped out at me. If you had the Reavers spread out did you even get Secrator bonus on them? Kinda doesnt matter cuz Reavers are like worst battleline going right now. You should have let them go first and swarm you so you could actually hit them with the wrath axe. Let them bring the fight to your altar then make them regret it.

Slaughterborn battalion would of straight up won you this game on its own. Between 2 or 3x Blood Warriors ignoring rend and chipping MW back they could have decimated the Daemonets. Their true power isn't seen until you field at least units of 10. The Reapers also would of had ignore rend and again, the more you field the more MW you're throwing back. They would help protect key heroes when the Hellstriders and Seekers swing around to flank.

No Stoker? He would have been far more useful than an Exalted D.

Skarbrand is super cool but he's also a pretty big liability cuz he cost so much pointa you gotta choose to cut other stuff that may have been more useful. If he dies without accomplishing much it will cost you game. Best used when facing other big models.

I was able to get the Bloodsecrator Aura on them as it was expanded to 24” and I pulled from the farthest flanks first toward the middle. 

I probably should have castled around my objective point and let them come to me overall, since there were only 2 on the map at all. The Bloodstoker could have whipped the Mighty Skullcrushers but that would be the only eligible unit. I opted for Exalted Deathbringer with Gorecleaver. Due to the nature of the combo he was getting 8 attacks hitting on 3’s wounding on 3’s with -2 rend and doing 2 damage, 4 damage on natural wound rolls of 6 in addition to mortal wounds. The intention was for him to be a hammer. He succeeded. He 100 to 0’d a Keeper of Secrets all by himself. 80 points traded up to take 260 points in 1 go. 

I agree. SKARBRAND did next to nothing this battle and I defaulted to Gore Pilgrims because I was not sure what else to do. 

The problem I have, personally, with Slaughterborn is that if I take 3 units of 10 Bloodwarriors that’s a dedicated 600 points, plus the support heroes on top (obviously) plus at least a mandatory 70 points for 10 bloodreavers if not more. I’m not sure what to use as my hammer with the available points remaining. It seems like it eats a ton of points into a purely defensive battalion. Where’s the offense? 

@Ravinsild

Try this out, I modified it from the very first list I started piloting and it throws out a LOT of attacks and is Mortal only, which lends to what you have:

Allegiance: Khorne
- Slaughterhost: The Goretide

Leaders
Bloodstoker (80)
Bloodsecrator (140)
- Artefact: Thronebreaker's Torc 
Aspiring Deathbringer (80)
- Goreaxe and Skullhammer
Mighty Lord of Khorne (140)
- General
- Trait: Hew the Foe 
- Artefact: Mark of the Destroyer 
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh

Battleline
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
- 1x Goreglaives
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
- 1x Goreglaives
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Meatripper Axes
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Meatripper Axes

Units
5 x Skullreapers (180)
- Daemonblades
- 1x Soultearers
5 x Wrathmongers (140)

Battalions
Bloodmad Warband (160)

Endless Spells
Wrath-Axe (60)
Hexgorger Skulls (40)

Extra Command Points: 1

Bloodmad Warband's extra attack on the charge lends itself very well to The Goretide considering how fast you can send Bloodreavers and Blood Warriors across the table. The idea here is to launch the Bloodreavers and Blood Warriors at your opponent ASAP to hold him back for you to hold onto the objectives and start scoring. Remember, this is an objective based game. I found this build requires a ton of command points, so I had 100 points open when I was playing initially so I had 2 extra command points, which'll give you the fuel you need. Easiest way to get them in this list is to drop the 2nd unit of Bloodreavers since they're not needed to fill the Battalion.

• Like 4

@Ravinsild I ran my Exalted D last game with same setup he did ok but he is liable to get 1 shotted with 5wounds 4+ save but yes its decent choice. The Stokers reroll all failed wounds can make mediocre Warriors into beatsticks too tho ( add in no respite), the Exalted D with cleaver + Stoker is insult to injury, and Goretide run + charge in conjunction with Stoker and you can really mess up those pesky heroes hanging out backfield. 

The hammers are largely the Priest + Judgments and well guided Reapers. Personally the Warshrine and Slaughterbrute put in some work last game i had but the Warshrine more so for reroll all hits and Judgments the Brute just rolled good. If you focus on things that spit out MW it can get kinda crazy. 

Slaughterborn doesn't require Reavers and if you take 3x Warriors you got battleline covered. Even just 2 units of 10 Warriors and 1 Reavers is ok if you want to keep room for other stuff. At least 2x5 Reapers and unit of Mongers could do the trick.

I had same concerns you did with who is gonna do the killing, but once things got rolling i was spitting mortal wounds everywhere.

So far i like the idea of Chaos Lord on Manticore, Warshrine, Slaughterbrute as optional beatsticks as well, i might do all 3 next game. But minimum of 3 Priest may be a necessity against some list.

• LOVE IT! 1