Wrath-Axe (60)

Slaugther-house

Bloodlords 

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 118

We have 3 packs here, 

1. The  Bloodthirstier trio, One IR with the attack first artifact, so the other 2 attack right Away and I think probably the Other IR with the 2+ hit to heroes artifact. The UF will bring the 6'' pile in and combat

2. The 2 Cannons with mongers and Bloodmaster and a slaughter priest,  moving forward while shooting 4 shoots that repeat 1's to hit, and a good overall for attack on melee where needed pack, also the priest will give +1 to hit prayer and deal some mortals with bb and the axe

3. The 1x priests with 2x10 reavers , this would be for objective grabbing and probably 1x priest with sacrifice.  

Meanwhile the doggos do their things, taking some lost objective or disturbing magic/attaking weak units

What do you think?

54 minutes ago, Bululu said:

What would you think on something about this terms

Leaders
Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage (280)
Bloodthirster of Unfettered Fury (300)
Bloodmaster, Herald of Khorne (80)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Slaughterpriest (100)

Battleline
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades

Units
2 x Skull Cannons (280)
5 x Wrathmongers (140)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)

Battalions
Tyrants of blood (140)

Judgements
Wrath-Axe (60)

Slaugther-house

Bloodlords 

We have 3 packs here, 

1. The  Bloodthirstier trio, One IR with the attack first artifact, so the other 2 attack right Away and I think probably the Other IR with the 2+ hit to heroes artifact. The UF will bring the 6'' pile in and combat

2. The 2 Cannons with mongers and Bloodmaster and a slaughter priest,  moving forward while shooting 4 shoots that repeat 1's to hit, and a good overall for attack on melee where needed pack, also the priest will give +1 to hit prayer and deal some mortals with bb and the axe

3. The 1x priests with 2x10 reavers , this would be for objective grabbing and probably 1x priest with sacrifice.  

Meanwhile the doggos do their things, taking some lost objective or disturbing magic/attaking weak units

What do you think?

I’d make your flesh hounds battleline or the list isn’t legal. 

5 hours ago, Ravinsild said:

I asked specifically about Slaanesh because as y'all know I love me some Skulltake battalion which is apparently quite slow, so I am concerned my opponent is just going to run quite literal circles around me with their sanic speed :( In case anyone was wondering. Albeit I have not played their list in a minute, and never with Khorne (only undead). So it could be different with Khorne. 

The problem with the direction GW is pushing with slaanesh is the debuff side. They aren’t as durable as Nurgle, but after debuffs you’ll feel like they’re the fattest blight king ever. They aren’t as offensive buff reliant as Khorne, but after certain debuffs/buffs they’ll hit harder with arguably less effort (Fiends...not many wholly within buffs). The direction GW seems to want for slaanesh makes me worried that they’ll become good at dealing damage, going fast, AND tanking, because of their combination of brutal debuffs. 

It’s already annoying to fight both Hellstriders AND Fiends just turning what was supposed to be a glorious battle into a pillow fight :( 

in this case, leverage judgements. Their magic isn’t that good, but the Wrath-Axe is definitely good. If they want to you to whack them with pillows, you give them pillows to whack you back with too. 

Use Killing Frenzy as well, to try to counteract their debuffs. Skullreapers are good because even after debuffs, their re-rolls are golden. Khorgoraths with full (MUST BE FULL) re-rolls are also money. Even if hitting on 6s, re-rolling everything helps (Skullreapers love this btw). HOWEVER. Slaanesh can’t match the sheer wound count that khorne can put on the field. Having lots of Warriors and Reavers is good, because while Slaanesh does damage, Fiends can’t cut through them that quickly. And daemonettes are vulnerable to no respite and gorefists of the Blood Warriors. Be extremely wary of the Keeper of secrets, and NEVER accept the gift of power thingy. ALWAYS RESIST. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bululu said:

What would you think on something about this terms

Leaders
Bloodthirster of Unfettered Fury (300)
Bloodmaster, Herald of Khorne (80)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Slaughterpriest (100)

Battleline
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades

Units
2 x Skull Cannons (280)
5 x Wrathmongers (140)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)

Battalions
Tyrants of blood (140)

Judgements
Wrath-Axe (60)

Slaugther-house

Bloodlords 

We have 3 packs here, 

What do you think?

I like this army! Personally, my only problem is that the Bloodthirster are basically the main carries. Your Skullcannons with the current gimmick are good, although their damage is still quite random (I’ve fired Lascannons since 8th edition cameout, and D6 is a pain). 

Personally id try to replace the battleline Bloodreavers with bloodletters, and try to build a Murderhost with your Daemons. 

Or, go for a gore Pilgrims using your Bloodreavers as a base. 

This allows you to get another artifact for your Bloodthirsters (All 3), and significantly reduce drops, which I feel is very important for us. Plus, another command point, which is supremely important for the Bloodthirsters.

If you do want a Bloodletters Hero from Murderhost, I’m not kidding when I say Skulltaker is worth a look. Bloodmaster is still excellent and cheap, but Skulltaker is amazingly durable against most sniping attempts, and his command ability is excellent for Bloodletters. Plus, if you build a Murderhost, grab some Bloodcrushers! They’re very cheap now, and make great bacon missiles (What do you call rhino meat...) 

3 hours ago, andysonic1 said:

That sounds like a very potent screen. If they live, you attack with 5 attack each. If they die, you get a blood point and your opponent's models are right in front of your killy units. Too bad I have more Bloodreavers than sense (or any Wrathmongers / Skullreapers) or I'd probably be doing this too.

As an aside: there is now no longer a rule limiting the number of blood points to 8, so it's now possible (temporarily) to summon a Greater Daemon of Khorne without needing to take him in the list. I look forward to seeing an MSU Bloodreavers list dedicated to doing this one and only thing.

It will be really dumb if GW was to FAQ this and not allow us to summon an exalted greater daemon... :/

In a 5 turn game that is also pretty tough to do. So much stuff would have to die and you’d need it really to all happen by turn 3 so that you can summon him in on turn 4 if you want something useful to happen. Personally I think he’s only worth it if you take relics to ensure that you’re getting 3 blood tithe points from specific unit kills

3 hours ago, Kaz said:

It will be really dumb if GW was to FAQ this and not allow us to summon an exalted greater daemon... :/

51 minutes ago, Luke1705 said:

In a 5 turn game that is also pretty tough to do. So much stuff would have to die and you’d need it really to all happen by turn 3 so that you can summon him in on turn 4 if you want something useful to happen. Personally I think he’s only worth it if you take relics to ensure that you’re getting 3 blood tithe points from specific unit kills

Yea I'm not sure if the Exalted Bloodthrister is ever worth summoning other than for bragging rights.

Or it's a 4000pt game.  And that would have it's own set of issues (like taking hours to get through!)

I kiiind of want to try a killy mortal lord with disciple of khorne and mark of the destroyer for at least 4 extra attacks 😅

Just noticied Disciple adds 2 to all of the melee weapons so dual wielding dudes gets some extra mileage out of it .

Edit: another, probably more useless but fun combo would be arch-slaughterer and blood rune for 3 blood tithe points for 1 hero or monster killed. xD

Edited by Mikeymajq

8 hours ago, Kaz said:

I like this army! Personally, my only problem is that the Bloodthirster are basically the main carries. Your Skullcannons with the current gimmick are good, although their damage is still quite random (I’ve fired Lascannons since 8th edition cameout, and D6 is a pain). 

Personally id try to replace the battleline Bloodreavers with bloodletters, and try to build a Murderhost with your Daemons. 

Or, go for a gore Pilgrims using your Bloodreavers as a base. 

This allows you to get another artifact for your Bloodthirsters (All 3), and significantly reduce drops, which I feel is very important for us. Plus, another command point, which is supremely important for the Bloodthirsters.

If you do want a Bloodletters Hero from Murderhost, I’m not kidding when I say Skulltaker is worth a look. Bloodmaster is still excellent and cheap, but Skulltaker is amazingly durable against most sniping attempts, and his command ability is excellent for Bloodletters. Plus, if you build a Murderhost, grab some Bloodcrushers! They’re very cheap now, and make great bacon missiles (What do you call rhino meat...) 

The tyrants of blood already leaves you with very little points to units, if you take a second battalion you will probably have not enough normal units, Yes i agree and im still tempted to run in skulltaker he hits like a truck and can stand a little longer on the game.  The reavers are there just to get sacrificed and to hold an objective, so making them bloodletters doesnt give me anything (unless i think of other use to that units).

But yes, as you say , list lacks of a second wave of melee threat, the ranged ball of death its more like a versatile ball wich can melee more or less but i dont know if its enough

Thanks for the info !

Overall it looks like the book took a massive hammering across the board, most things don't stack with buffs (unmodified 6s) and abilities ranges have been reduced to mainly 8 or 16, simplification of rules, removal of others and units now must be wholly within for most things.

As an aside the wording on the rules and abilities is distinctly odd.

scanning through the pages I found the below, will have another look later at the new judgements, command abilities and traits.

Skullreapers +10
Trial of skulls more consistent but weaker overall, easier to remember,  makes unit weaker against leaders
Daemon forged only on 6, so no stacking buffs, no longer hurts unit on a 1
Murderous makes unit immune to BS great buff considering the banner, only on 5+ now but always D3

Wrathmongers -40
Exactly the same, crimson haze is now 8" but units wholly within, blood fury is just mortal wounds similar to reapers

Skull crushers +40
Extra attack, extra 1 bravery from banner, no longer have shield ability, charge ability is done model by model

Reavers 
Same, devotion is 16 but wholly, 

Warriors 
Same

Stoker 
Now reroll all wounds not just 1s, range reduced to 8 and wholly within

Aspiring deathbringer 
Cowards bane now range 3, slaughter is 12 wholly 

Priest 
Blood bind is now move the enemy unit the prayer roll
Flesh - same
Sacrifice - wholly within 8
Resanguination - same
Fury - same
Hex- auto dispel endless spell within 16 (not wholly) probs typo

Jugger Lord +20
Shield now 5+
Charge now 2+
Axe same
Stampede is now only units that charged, 16, wholly and reroll wound rolls of 1

Skarr +40
Attacks diff but similar
Auto raises but end of movement on 8+ on 2D6, command ability to buff Wrathmongers to pile in when slain

Bloodsecrator 
No immunity to BS

Loathsome is now 16
Rage is 16, wholly
Can now move an use buffs

MLoK +20
Same
Gorelord is now 16, wholly but any number of units

Letters -10/-20
Blood banner is now reroll charges
Gore icon is same
Mortal wounds only on 6 but is now in addition to normal damage
Murderous Tide is same 

Hounds 
Now have roar ranged attack on champ
Locus of abjuration removed 

Karanak +50
6 attacks on maw
Gains re roll charges
Unbind same
Summon hounds same

Edited by MOMUS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, MOMUS said:

Overall it looks like the book took a massive hammering across the board, most things don't stack with buffs (unmodified 6s) and abilities ranges have been reduced to mainly 8 or 16, simplification of rules, removal of others and units now must be wholly within for most things.

As an aside the wording on the rules and abilities is distinctly odd.

scanning through the pages I found the below, will have another look later at the new judgements, command abilities and traits.

Skullreapers +10
Trial of skulls more consistent but weaker overall, easier to remember,  makes unit weaker against leaders
Daemon forged only on 6, so no stacking buffs, no longer hurts unit on a 1
Murderous makes unit immune to BS great buff considering the banner, only on 5+ now but always D3

Wrathmongers -40
Exactly the same, crimson haze is now 8" but units wholly within, blood fury is just mortal wounds similar to reapers

Skull crushers +40
Extra attack, extra 1 bravery from banner, no longer have shield ability, charge ability is done model by model

Reavers 
Same, devotion is 16 but wholly, 

Warriors 
Same

Stoker 
Now reroll all wounds not just 1s, range reduced to 8 and wholly within

Aspiring deathbringer 
Cowards bane now range 3, slaughter is 12 wholly 

Priest 
Blood bind is now move the enemy unit the prayer roll
Flesh - same
Sacrifice - wholly within 8
Resanguination - same
Fury - same
Hex- auto dispel endless spell within 16 (not wholly) probs typo

Jugger Lord +20
Shield now 5+
Charge now 2+
Axe same
Stampede is now only units that charged, 16, wholly and reroll wound rolls of 1

Skarr +40
Attacks diff but similar
Auto raises but end of movement on 8+ on 2D6, command ability to buff Wrathmongers to pile in when slain

Bloodsecrator 
No immunity to BS

Loathsome is now 16
Rage is 16, wholly
Can now move an use buffs

MLoK +20
Same
Gorelord is now 16, wholly but any number of units

Letters -10/-20
Blood banner is now reroll charges
Gore icon is same
Mortal wounds only on 6 but is now in addition to normal damage
Murderous Tide is same 

Hounds 
Now have roar ranged attack on champ
Locus of abjuration removed 

Karanak +50
6 attacks on maw
Gains re roll charges
Unbind same
Summon hounds same

Thanks for the big breakdown and analysis. Is everything really worse though? 

Any thoughts on the Battalions or Slaughterhosts at all?

@MOMUS You missed that Blood Warriors Gore Fists now proc on an unmodified save roll of 6, making them leaps better than before.

I did a mock deployment of my 40 Bloodreavers + heroes to see how I could configure them to be within everyone's buffs turn one. It's cramped, and at most one priest is going to be in range of the alter for rerolls. I don't NEED them to be buffed to do their job as a speed bump, but I'm pretty much leaving it to Khorne to decide if they get their prayer buffs. I've also resigned to giving the Bloodsecrator the Thermalrider Cloak not only so he can keep up, but so he can get in the mix where possible. He also hits liek a truck: 5 attacks hitting / wounding on 3s with rend -1. With a fast enough movement and fly he should be good for suddenly appearing next to something and smashing its face in.

• Like 2

Some things are toned down, some things brought up. And a few new buffs. It's a rebalanced battletome not the next cheese and that's great imo.

Sure there are a couple of let downs for me. Mostly some of my favourite artefacts and some flavour here and there (slaughterpriests killing stuff buffing their prayers). But figuring out where my lists will look like now is exciting. Though it smarts that the juggerlord went up in points and his command ability lost most of its usefulness. I'm actually considering using the mighty lord of Khorne now.

I'm honestly a real big fan of the bloodsecrator changes. And attack buff stacking can be vicious with some of our new combos so I'm looking forward to trying that out.

I really want a insensate rage BT now. It was always my favourite, but I only ever had Skarbrand (who I reaaally have to field again now), and I could never be bothered with coughing up for another BT. 

Wholly within and unmodified proccs we all knew where coming. It's how aos 2.0 works. Also better rerolls seem to be a new thing, which I really welcome becuase of the whole 'before modifiers' jank.

Edited by Mikeymajq
  • Like 1

Got to say after taking some time to read and think how I like to play that there are some fun combos to explore. While I am not sure I like keeping the priests tied to the alter, I do like that I can explore other battalions and units, especially skull reapers and khorgoraths which I really like.

I think I accepted some time back my list would have to change and now I am looking forward to exploring what the book will let me do.

• Like 2

I'm a fairly new player but I've been reading the new tome most of the day and I think the majority of the changes are correct and in keeping with aos2. 

I'm slightly miffed by 1 or 2 changes but I think on the whole they've done a good job. 

Currently building a list for a friendly match against Kharadon on Tuesday, will post it here shortly for feedback. 

• Like 1

Ok great Khorne Generals what are going to be some of the best combinations of artifacts and commmand traits for our heroes now? With so many changes my former go to combos are gone. For example when I wanted my WoK BT to be right killy in melee I gave him Immense Power and Deathdealer.  Now those options are completely different. What have you seen as new combos? And this includes Realm artifacts.

PS This is not a complaining about the new tome post. Just want to figure out all the new toys we have. 

Edited by Easytyger

Ok how about Lord on Juggernaut with Berserker Lord and Bloodforged Armor.

3+ save, then 5+ to negate wounds or MWs. Another 5+ against MWs. And then another 5+ against wounds and MWs from spells. He won’t hit hard but he’ll be tough as nails! 

😂

Edited by Easytyger
  • Haha 1

I been mostly studing the mortal half. The battalions are kinda wishy washy for me but with how good our artifacts and extra CP is i think it makes up for some of the lack luster stuff.

Slaughterborn really stands out to me. Just a flat out worsten rend by 1 is awesome in combination with the fact that the guys in the battalion are the hammers and anvils.

Gore Pilgrims is kinda meh to me, but overall one of the better picks. First off all it does is extend range of Secrator, nothing else. I would crack up dying when he gets alpha striked round 1. The range nerf is also an issue... But its still nice cuz the Secrator buffs all Khorne so even units not in battalion can benifit from battalion.

Bloodmad is not bad in conjunction with Goretide, however its not amazing. The tax is huge, this is kinda double edge sword tho as it means you can keep drops low. I think putting that Aspiring Death to good use is key here.

Skulltake is nice, it is, but... It only does anything for Wrathmongers which means you really need quite alot of mongers to make this worth it. These guys are also vulnerable to ranged attacks, which if they die to negates the battalion buff.

Dark Feast is ok, i say only ok cuz its cheap and an easy way to get your battleline and supporting heroes down in 1 drop. Reavers tend to shatter so fast and without battleshock immunity and decreased Secrator range get ready to watch them fly off table. I do like this for a turn 1 long charge tarpit.

The other mortal battalions i dont see getting much use but given that you get an artifact an CP, plus keeping drops low is important for us i could justify using any of the above or even a combo of 2 in 2k list.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Tyrants of Blood with  Reapers of Vengeance is going to be awesome.

2K:

Wrath of Khorne BT -320

BT of Insenate Rage -280

BT of Insenate Rage - Gryphstrike -280

Slaughterpriest -100 
Slaughterpriest -100

Bloodsecator -140 

4x10 Blood Reavers -280

10x Skullreapers -360

Tyrants of Blood -140 

Your Wraht of Khorne BT and one Insenate Rage BT are buddies so it can get the Wrath's buff.  THe other BT you give an artifact to so it can be more independent. Your Wrath of Khorne BT hits first, using his command ability, he then goes again, then you can hit with your other two BTs before other units hit due to the battalion. At the end of combat, your BTs cause an extra D3 models to flee. You use the Reavers for screens and for Blood Tithe. Blood Tithes can get you get you extra command points, extra attacks with BTs, extra movement,  and potentially Crimson Rain.

Oh yeah, 10x Skullreapers are amazing at taking out light infantry or chaff walls, especial with Blood Secrator bubble wrapped inside. What are your thoughts? I feel like this combo has a chance to be very powerful. 

Is this a legal list? I just got the book and I'm still figuring it out.

Edited by Warbossironteef