AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

29 minutes ago, Bululu said:

Also judgements can get dispersed at end of the round. Roll a dice at 1234  they get removed. Add 1 to the roll if there is any priest at 8'' of the judgement

Ah this is why they are cheaper than I expected. Usually only last 1 turn. 

They seem really unreliable but are rather cheap at the same time.

I feel they'll end up as something you add if you have ~50 points open and cannot fill it with another unit. (instead of being something that lists are build around)

7 minutes ago, Bjornas said:

They'd have to last for atleast the battleround, I guess? Otherwise the skulls wouldn't have the change to affect the enemy spellcasters.

Blood warriors - what do people think will be the optimal build with the changes to Gorefists?

we don't have other infos on what we can do (new prayers, new hordes, etc) or what else could affect them, so it's hard to say. But the new gorefist mean they will at least do a handfull of mortal wounds each turn now, which is cool

8 minutes ago, Bjornas said:

They'd have to last for atleast the battleround, I guess? Otherwise the skulls wouldn't have the change to affect the enemy spellcasters.

Blood warriors - what do people think will be the optimal build with the changes to Gorefists?

I think it will still come down to cost.

If Brazen is still a thing then I guess you could buff them. Is it unmodified save rolls of 6 or 6+ saves?

4 minutes ago, AwareTheLegend said:

I think it will still come down to cost.

If Brazen is still a thing then I guess you could buff them. Is it unmodified save rolls of 6 or 6+ saves?

there is 99,9999% chance it become a unmodifiable 6

the judgemens go down end of battle round, there is nothing i can see on battletome to improve anything related to judgement or blessings besides the altar.

Very bad news:

Wrath mongers got obliterated, when they die, every enemy unit at 1'' might get nothing, 1 or 1d3 mortal wounds (depends on a roll of a d6)

lord of khorne on juggy up to 160, the magic shield down to 5+

mighty skullcrushers up to 180, magic shield completly removed (hope it is a mistake on my language battletome) still hit like a wet noodle

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, kcmerc said:

Assuming this isn't BS, please post mortal khorne batallions please

there are too many, they are basically really nerfed to obvlibion very little buffs everywhere on battalions prices go from 110 to 180, most around 140 so there is a down on prices

11 minutes ago, Bululu said:

the judgemens go down end of battle round, there is nothing i can see on battletome to improve anything related to judgement or blessings besides the altar.

Very bad news:

Wrath mongers got obliterated, when they die, every enemy unit at 1'' might get nothing, 1 or 1d3 mortal wounds (depends on a roll of a d6)

that REALLY look like the skullreapers ability and not the wrathmongers

+ edit after your last answer : we always needed to summon our troops near a khorne hero so it doesn't change here

Edited by ledha

3 hours ago, Forrix said:

I'd say not BS looking at the new Warhammer Community article and comparing it to his spoilers (which were posted before the article).

I'm kinda reading in-between the lines but it looks like Blood Tithe is only in your hero phase instead of yours or your opponent's hero phase.

In my book says "at the start of the hero phase" not  of your hero phase for bloodtithe use, might be an error of translation tough, by the other hand, summoning is still tied to bloodtithe points and also reset it to 0, you can no longer summon on the middle of no where, needs to be near hero or near the altar, you can only summon 1 unit and then the points reset to 0 (there is no 8 point multi summon in anywhere  so we got extra nerfed here) you summon onthe end of your movement phase

2 minutes ago, ledha said:

that REALLY look like the skullreapers ability and not the wrathmongers

reapers got a similiar one, but not on "area" only to the killer unit ant on 5+ they make 1d3, 

BTW skullreaper loses the good weapons with rend  and damage 2,  i hope this is another bug on the non english battletome, gw usually makes crappy non english material

2 minutes ago, Easytyger said:

No I think it makes sense. Instead of picking a unit to attack they just have a chance if MWs on the way out. 

So Wrathmongers and Skullreapers have the exact same "Murderous to the Last" ability?

11 minutes ago, Bululu said:

reapers got a similiar one, but not on "area" only to the killer unit ant on 5+ they make 1d3, 

BTW skullreaper loses the good weapons with rend  and damage 2,  i hope this is another bug on the non english battletome, gw usually makes crappy non english material

Well, that would be in line with "simplifying," but that sucks if true. So those weapons are useless, or just treated as gore-slick blade or daemonblade?

One thing I can see is cutting these special weapons out so Frenzied Attacks is less confusing, but that's the only advantage I can see in getting rid of the special weapons.

Edited by Zamik

2 minutes ago, Bululu said:

that's a shame then, forcing an ennemy to attack itself was one of the signature ability of this unit and what made its identity.

And skullreapers loosing their two-handed weapon that is in a box ? Sorry but i have trouble to see GW literally removing special weapons from a unit... must be a bug.

Thanks for all these infos however ! I'm not too worried for the lord on jugger : even for 160 pts he is a complete steal, and the new ability of the skullcrusher make them worthy of being 180 pts. 140 pts for 15 wound save 4+ and those mortals at the charge would have been absolutely dumb

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bululu said:

That does seem like a bug since it doesn't make sense why Soultearers/Spinecleavers would be removed from the unit when they're bits in the box. Very odd.

4 minutes ago, AresX8 said:

That does seem like a bug since it doesn't make sense why Soultearers/Spinecleavers would be removed from the unit when they're bits in the box. Very odd.

I hope this isn't what they wanted to say by "simplification" of the unit. It had two special weapons after all...

But honestly, this plus skullcrushers loosing their spells protection and wrathmongers loosing the "attack itself after death ability" sound strange. Why removing all those special characteristics ? GW is more used to add more and more on the warscroll

Edited by ledha

9 minutes ago, AresX8 said:

Yeah, I'm expecting Trial of Skulls to be severely reworked or even removed since that's their main confusing part when you first learn to use the unit.

i never found it confusing. The confusing part was the mortal wounds IN ADDITION to attacks which needed a sucesfful wound roll to work. Explaining that to my opponents was always a hassle.

3 hours ago, AresX8 said:

I'd greatly appreciate if you can shed light on any of the following:

- Have Exalted Deathbringers seen any changes?

spear one now does d3 mortals on a  6 to wound additional to rest of damage instead of the old impalement and command ability is now flat 18'' and no way to increase range

- Have Skullreapers seen any changes?

might be a bug of my battle tome but they lost the -1 rend damage 2 weapons

now they have an 3xtra attack like the gore slic blades profile and do extra mortal on 6 to hit  and they dont get mortal on self on 1, you no longer get better with killing, you get a flat hit reroll if the target unit has 5+ models, and finally they make 1d3 mortasl on 5+ they go up to 180 points

- Has the Skullgrinder seen any changes?

increases the range of bravery increase to 12 but wholy

loses the altar of skulls

instead gets at the end of combat phase does 1d3 mortal to a hero or monster at 2''   on a 2+ roll

- How many attacks did Skullcrushers gain?

1 on ensorceled axes and glaives but they got increased to 180p and lost the 4+ magic ward

- Have Skullcrushers gained the Daemon keyword?

no, khorgorath skullcrushers and lor of khorneon juggi didnt get daemon

- Did any Blood Blessings get changed or removed?

they added 1 that dispells endless, the rest more or less the same, but now you can only cast one type of blessing once per turn, so no stack, might be other new ones but cant remember, you still get 1 mortal on self when you roll a 1

- Are Blood Blessings still stackable?

no

- Is a Judgment roll in place of attempting a Blood Blessing or Prayer?

no, you get 1 blessing of korne, 1 blessing of the priest (the ones that all have) and 1 roll of judgement  per priest

- Have Wrathmongers lost their Bloodfury ability?

yes, they do 0 - 1d3 mortals to every enemy unit at 1''  when they die

- Has the Mighty Lord of Khorne/Korghos Khul seen any changes?

lord of khorne got a change on command to repeat charges to close units,  khorgos cmmand is different, repeat 1 to hit for close goretide and he also pile in and is elected to attack at 8'' instead of 3