AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/15/sam-wrathmonger-pearsons-blades-of-khorne-tacticsgw-homepage-post-4/

Bloodsecrator still give +1 Atk but to units wholy within 16" and can move

Blood warriors have MW on save rolls of unmodified 6

Wrathmongers give +1 Atk to khorne units WW 8"

The sub allegiance abilities look really nice

Not a lot of change on the blood tithe table 

49 minutes ago, kcmerc said:

Assuming this isn't BS, please post mortal khorne batallions please

I'd say not BS looking at the new Warhammer Community article and comparing it to his spoilers (which were posted before the article).

9 minutes ago, Hystarion said:

Not a lot of change on the blood tithe table 

I'm kinda reading in-between the lines but it looks like Blood Tithe is only in your hero phase instead of yours or your opponent's hero phase.

Just now, Forrix said:

I'm kinda reading in-between the lines but it looks like Blood Tithe is only in your hero phase instead of yours or your opponent's hero phase.

But you can still deny an enemy spell in their phase, so it's probably still the same? Unless there's a clause we haven't seen for particular uses of the BT chart.

So I'm wondering about Blood Tithe points now, since it didn't sound like you have to kill things to get them--you just get them based on the turn?

Also, very cool about getting a unit of bloodreavers to run and charge. Only thing is to make sure they don't outstrip the bloodsecrator, since his aura's reduced (his points better be too!).

I love that blood warriors can reroll wounds around an objective. Can't wait to play Take and Hold now!

11 minutes ago, Forrix said:

I'd say not BS looking at the new Warhammer Community article and comparing it to his spoilers (which were posted before the article).

To me the article implies you can use them in the opponents phase. It talks about the blood tithe being a safety net if your opponent gets a double turn.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zamik said:

So I'm wondering about Blood Tithe points now, since it didn't sound like you have to kill things to get them--you just get them based on the turn?

Also, very cool about getting a unit of bloodreavers to run and charge. Only thing is to make sure they don't outstrip the bloodsecrator, since his aura's reduced (his points better be too!).

I love that blood warriors can reroll wounds around an objective. Can't wait to play Take and Hold now!

We still get Blood Tithe the same way, it was mentioned in the first preview article: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/12/mar-12-battletome-preview-blades-of-khorne-big-changesgw-homepage-post-2/

2 minutes ago, AresX8 said:

We still get Blood Tithe the same way, it was mentioned in the first preview article: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/12/mar-12-battletome-preview-blades-of-khorne-big-changesgw-homepage-post-2/

Okay, but today's article made it sound like BT accumulated based on turn? I mean, because you can't always count on killing units, especially if you're up against big monsters (or running your own monsters for that matter). The effects he listed as 7 and 8 points are both "once per battle," so maybe we have multiple mechanics to generate blood tithe, but balanced with being unable to use the really powerful effects more than once?

I'd like it if there were just a baseline of points that you get per turn, then augmented by your killing/dying prowess. And maybe this quicker accumulation mechanic is how they deal with blood tithe points evaporating when spent?

Sorry I'm  going full Pepe Silvia on this info!

2 minutes ago, Zamik said:

The effects he listed as 7 and 8 points are both "once per battle," so maybe we have multiple mechanics to generate blood tithe, but balanced with being unable to use the really powerful effects more than once?

He also mentions the effects last for the remainder of the battle, so it should be a non issue that you can only use it once per battle.

4 minutes ago, Retro said:

He also mentions the effects last for the remainder of the battle, so it should be a non issue that you can only use it once per battle.

Wow, I skipped over that for Crimson Rain! There I go theorizing without reading!

18 minutes ago, Bululu said:

More things bloodtithe are wasted after use as it is now. Cost for judgements are 40/40/60

I'd greatly appreciate if you can shed light on any of the following:

- Have Exalted Deathbringers seen any changes?

- Have Skullreapers seen any changes?

- Has the Skullgrinder seen any changes?

- How many attacks did Skullcrushers gain?

- Have Skullcrushers gained the Daemon keyword?

- Did any Blood Blessings get changed or removed?

- Are Blood Blessings still stackable?

- Is a Judgment roll in place of attempting a Blood Blessing or Prayer?

- Have Wrathmongers lost their Bloodfury ability?

- Has the Mighty Lord of Khorne/Korghos Khul seen any changes?

With the Blood tithe table remaining as it is I get the feeling they don't really want Khorne to be a summoning-heavy army but just a few units here and there. And I feel, since we seem to be getting improvements to many units, maybe that will be fine.

Edited by Bjornas
  • Like 1

Khorne summoning has always paled when compared to the other armies, but it was fun to spit out 2-3 units a turn or one giant unit of Bloodletters. I don't see any of these tweaks changing that if that's still what you wanted to do. Although it seems like if you wanted to go heavy on the Blood Tithe the goal should be one or both of the once per battle abilities ASAP before you summon in units to benefit from them.

Edit: also I was totally correct about being able to move your Bloodsecrator now. We're getting so spoiled I love it.

Edit2: @AresX8 So you want scans basically? lol

Edited by andysonic1

5 minutes ago, andysonic1 said:

Edit: also I was totally correct about being able to move your Bloodsecrator now. We're getting so spoiled I love it.

It's a shame that they reduced the range of it as well as making it wholly within.

16" is still a decent bubble radius though so with him being mobile it might still be an overall buff.

Might be worth going back to having 2 of them in a list!

7 minutes ago, andysonic1 said:

also I was totally correct about being able to move your Bloodsecrator now. We're getting so spoiled I love it.

With gore pilgrims it's wholly within 24 and move, which is pretty decent. I would have prefered to remove the whole portal ability though, the army beigg balanced around one model is my main issue with khorne. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

With gore pilgrims it's wholly within 24 and move, which is pretty decent. I would have prefered to remove the whole portal ability though, the army beigg balanced around one model is my main issue with khorne. 

From the previews and leaks, I don't think that issue exists anymore. You don't NEED the Bloodsecrator, and it being wholly within encourages you to move him with a smaller entourage, not your entire army. Don't want those costly, killy units to deal with battleshock? Roll them with your Bloodsecrator and a priest. Want to take the battle to the enemy, or rush to a far off objective? Take a hero that can give his leadership to nearby units, or just eat the battleshock, or kill the enemy before they can kill you, or use your smaller units to tie them up while your hero wades through them lopping off heads. Using Goretide, you can make sure your Blood Warriors or Bloodreavers keep up with your Juggerlord, so have them grab onto the enemy while your RAEP-lord does the heavy lifting.

Bloodsecrator has been reined in, it cannot be the lynch pin for your ENTIRE army now. Hell, nothing can: not the alter or judgements or other units. The power has been spread out from one giant bubble to multiple small bubbles, and it's up to you to manage those bubbles.

Just now, Bululu said:

I will answer questions later. For now blessing get rule of one only one try per turn no matter how many priest you have. Judgements same only one try per turn and each priest can try one

Even more indication that you'll need to spread your army out into multiple forces. The hammer  axe and anvil skull has returned to Khorne.

Just now, Bululu said:

Slaughter priest and antimagic items that grant duspell to heroes also grant dispell 1 endless

GOOD