AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

So it looks like Gore Pilgrims is still in as a battalion, and interestingly enough any priest within 8" adds 8" to the aura instead of 6". Which, if the Secrator's range stays 18", then the max would be 26". Hmm. I sure hope they make the Bloodsecrator mobile, because this is a downgrade.

Edited by Zamik
Missed the "any" priest wording

3 minutes ago, Zamik said:

So it looks like Gore Pilgrims is still in as a battalion, and interestingly enough any priest within 8" adds 8" to the aura instead of 6". Which, if the Secrator's range stays 18", then the max would be 26". Hmm. I sure hope they make the Bloodsecrator mobile, because this is a downgrade.

I'm fine with that as long as the points for it drops.

Same for murderhost, from the preview it looks like it might only be the single +2 to run and charge.

I'm hoping for a cost somewhere around 100 points to keep them competitive and in line with some of the newer armies.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Choombatta said:

It looks like the biggest change to Gore Pilgrims is a flat +8" to the Portal for any number of Slaughterpriests in range instead of +6" per Slaughterpriest.

**posted at same time as zombiepiratexxx it seems**

does this mean the portal can have 42" diameter?

3 minutes ago, Retro said:

I'm fine with that as long as the points for it drops.

Same for murderhost, from the preview it looks like it might only be the single +2 to run and charge.

I'm hoping for a cost somewhere around 100 points to keep them competitive and in line with some of the newer armies.

This exactly. I'm hoping for it to be a really cheap way to pick up an extra command point an artifact by doing the things I was going to be doing anyway.

9 hours ago, Dan.Ford said:

Omg , you notice the different.

Normally I  would have killing frenzy +1 and the +1 from 30 bloodletters.

Its a big loss, when 30 cost 320 point and bloodletters get 1 Attack as basic.

They just do not have the same efficiency as Reapers, Bestigor,  etc

With luck the new book will smash this out of the park:)

Yes your comparison between letters and bestigors really highlighted how massively overcosted they are now. Hopefully the drop back down to 270 for 30 or something like that.

what do you think of the new Murderhost in the preview from today. If that’s the entirety of it seems like another nerf ☹️

EDIT: you already tackled my question. 

Edited by Easytyger
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Zamik said:

This exactly. I'm hoping for it to be a really cheap way to pick up an extra command point an artifact by doing the things I was going to be doing anyway.

Exactly, I was already looking at cramming 2 battalions in for the extra artifacts, if the costs are cut in half that makes for a good quality of life change.

• Like 1

I think I get the design philosophy after reading through this a little more. The battalions are nerfed, the units are buffed / side-graded. Battalions are now just a buff meant to focus your army more in one direction while reducing your drops and getting you another artifact / command point. Abilities that were in the battalions have been moved to the Judgements / unit warscrolls / Alter. If you look at the Brass Stampede, it says Skullcrushers deal mortals on 2+ normally. This means they are buffed in the book and taking the battalion is just a way to slightly buff them more while getting the other benefits that come with a battalion.

You can now focus more on which units are the best instead of which battalions are the best. They've leveled the playing field and are trying to promote creativity.

A bold strategy cotton. Let's see how it plays out for them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Choombatta said:

It means a max of 26" now instead of up to 36".

I think, and this is just wild speculation based on only the previews for other units and abilities, that we may not need to "plant" the banner anymore. It may just be open the entire time, allowing us to move him around. That would be in line with what appears to be the "mobile magic dead zone" Khorne now has.

1 minute ago, relic456 said:

Phizzco is talking about diameter here, so the new diameter would be 52", with a 26" radius (range)

Wut

1 minute ago, andysonic1 said:

I think, and this is just wild speculation based on only the previews for other units and abilities, that we may not need to "plant" the banner anymore. It may just be open the entire time, allowing us to move him around. That would be in line with what appears to be the "mobile magic dead zone" Khorne now has.

That seems like a good guess, especially considering potential downgrades to his abilities. (for whatever reason, you know, GW and stuff)

Just now, relic456 said:

Am I taking crazy pills :P ? An ability with a range of 26" creates a circle with a diameter of 52".

Ah, OK, yeah I get it now. It's still very strong and big, but that's assuming it stayed the same base size as before.

BRING ON THE LEAKS

I think the add 8" effect being near any priest means that they intend for the Bloodsecrator to be moving around, because you can't chain multiple priests to generate one big field to cover the board. You can keep a slaughterpriest and bloodsecrator on the move hunting down wizards and shooting judgements into the backfield. At least I hope!

Edited by Zamik

8 minutes ago, relic456 said:

Am I taking crazy pills :P ? An ability with a range of 26" creates a circle with a diameter of 52".

That's right, but the original poster probably just mistook diameter with radius and calculated the latter with 18 + 8 + 8 + 8 = 42 under the impression that multiple priests still stack.

Edited by Xasz

Can anybody tell me how this is supposed to work out?

Most meta lists form around Gorepilgrims. I see that there is a power shift from battalions to units and judgements. Alright. However, why would I - given the current information - not take Gorepilgrims again in the future?

The Bloodsecrator’s buff is terribly important for most units (e.g., Bloodletters) and even with enhanced Warscrolls (see Mighty Skullcrushers), why would I not want a Bloodsecrator? And judgements make priests mandatory.

In my view, we are now competitively stuck with the builds around Gorepilgrims, more than before even. And that makes me a bit ... disappointed right now?

Edited by Surtur

Just now, Surtur said:

Can anybody tell me how this is supposed to work out?

No and everyone who does is a liar.

We currently know less than 5% of the book (think about Warscroll changes) and the deciding factor of things have always been points. Which we will see the earliest at the end of next week.

• Like 1

Just now, Xasz said:

We currently know less than 5% of the book (think about Warscroll changes) and the deciding factor of things have always been points. Which we will see the earliest at the end of next week.

You beat me to it. 100% agree. We might see it middle of next week if a leak hits or someone's book shows up early.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Xasz said:

Okay. :D Good answer... well, I suppose it was a rhetorical question anyways. Obviously, points can make more units instead of more buffs a better choice.