AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

3 hours ago, Descho said:

And I'm a bit disappointed in the Blood Crushers. Can I sell them or is there some trick to them?

There is no trick, they just aren't very good, you can summon them in aos2 so it's worth keeping 3 of them for objective taking or tying units up.

2 hours ago, NemoVonUtopia said:

Would the Goretribe Box be a good choice? 

If you want either Skullreapers or Wrathmongers it’s a solid box. The Exalted Hero with Impaling Spear is a solid looking model and would give you an Exalted Deathbringer as a leader option.

The three blood Warriors would allow you to do a conversion to get an Exalted Deathbringer with Bloodbite Axe and Ruinous Shield. (Using one of the spare heads from the box.)

I do believe that it isn’t available through Mainline GW Stores and is now “out of production”

Hi everyone

I've been playing Mortal Khorne since AoS came out, and I'll say before my question I am not exactly a competitive player.  That being said I am looking for a big model to finish off my army!  I'm currently trying to decided between Skarbrand or Archaon.  With the new edition coming which honestly do you think would gel a little bit better with a mortal khorne list?  I tend to run gore pilgrims with wrathmongers, skullcrushers, Lord on Juggernaut, skullgrinder, etc.

33 minutes ago, Galdenistal said:

There is no trick, they just aren't very good, you can summon them in aos2 so it's worth keeping 3 of them for objective taking or tying units up.

That being said you may find that some of the battleplans dont allow you to use summoned (or units that dont start on the board) to claim an objective.

4 minutes ago, Gash Bauer said:

Hi everyone

I've been playing Mortal Khorne since AoS came out, and I'll say before my question I am not exactly a competitive player.  That being said I am looking for a big model to finish off my army!  I'm currently trying to decided between Skarbrand or Archaon.  With the new edition coming which honestly do you think would gel a little bit better with a mortal khorne list?  I tend to run gore pilgrims with wrathmongers, skullcrushers, Lord on Juggernaut, skullgrinder, etc.

Archaon!

Just now, TheAdequateWargamer said:

That being said you may find that some of the battleplans dont allow you to use summoned (or units that dont start on the board) to claim an objective.

Speaking of battleplans- thehonestwargamer did a run through of the new ones.

Podcast:

http://www.podbean.com/media/share/dir-tjcn2-437a1dc

Or watch the show on twitch:

http://www.twitch.tv/thehonestwargamer/v/277467811?sr=a&t=17s

I just realized a cool use for the exalted deathbringer when facing death armies that have a lot of bravery shinanegans. Since it let's other units to use his bravery until the next hero phase it will work against shooting type attack that target bravery, also it would negate bravery modifiers unless they are in range of the deathbringer too which seems unlikely considering that most things I remember that penalize bravery have a short range. 

I've occasionally brought an exalted deathbringer as a bodyguard for my general but I may try bringing him when i know I'll be facing death armies.

What do you guys think I should get for 2.0. Right now I have this 20 blood warriors, 80 bloodreavers , 10 bloodletters, a bloodpriest, 3 crushers ,2 death dealers and the 5 blood reavers from spire.

I thought about adding a bray shaman, but am not sure if I have to take any battle lines to get him as ally. I was also thinking about maybe running the blood warriors as chaos warriors with halabards,  Also are 3 skull crushers worth getting, people seem to run them in 18s or more. I was thinking about running them as late turn objective grabers. 

20 minutes ago, Karol said:

What do you guys think I should get for 2.0. Right now I have this 20 blood warriors, 80 bloodreavers , 10 bloodletters, a bloodpriest, 3 crushers ,2 death dealers and the 5 blood reavers from spire.

I thought about adding a bray shaman, but am not sure if I have to take any battle lines to get him as ally. I was also thinking about maybe running the blood warriors as chaos warriors with halabards,  Also are 3 skull crushers worth getting, people seem to run them in 18s or more. I was thinking about running them as late turn objective grabers. 

The best thing is to wait until the dust has settled.

2 hours ago, NemoVonUtopia said:

I just realized a cool use for the exalted deathbringer when facing death armies that have a lot of bravery shinanegans. Since it let's other units to use his bravery until the next hero phase it will work against shooting type attack that target bravery, also it would negate bravery modifiers unless they are in range of the deathbringer too which seems unlikely considering that most things I remember that penalize bravery have a short range. 

I've occasionally brought an exalted deathbringer as a bodyguard for my general but I may try bringing him when i know I'll be facing death armies.

Think it's the reverse of what you're thinking. It lets them use the EDB's bravery characteristic "instead of their own". Modifiers would still be applied to that, however if the EDB has a bravery debuff they'd still get to use his characteristic as written on the warscroll (so without debuff).

Edited by Gilby
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gilby said:

Think it's the reverse of what you're thinking. It lets them use the EDB's bravery characteristic "instead of their own". Modifiers would still be applied to that, however if the EDB has a bravery debuff they'd still get to use his characteristic as written on the warscroll (so without debuff).

What I mean was if there is a unit of bloodreavers with a banner that is affected by a -1 bravery effect so they would be bravery 5 normally. Now if the EDB is within 12" but outside of the bravery debuff range then the bloodreavers would be bravery 8 instead of 5. 

4 hours ago, NemoVonUtopia said:

What I mean was if there is a unit of bloodreavers with a banner that is affected by a -1 bravery effect so they would be bravery 5 normally. Now if the EDB is within 12" but outside of the bravery debuff range then the bloodreavers would be bravery 8 instead of 5. 

That's some slippery rules interpretation there.

No, the debuff is on the unit. The unit can use its own bravery or the EDB after which you still apply the debuff.

2 hours ago, TheAdequateWargamer said:

For those who want to competitively play Chaos, go Nurgle, you get a free Allegiance ability on top of your Allegiance ability.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/aos_warscrolls/warhammer-aos-tamurkhans-horde.pdf

Have fun, gg. I'm skipping this meme edition untill its sorted out.

Cheers,

Sayl is dead now as well, 200 is too much for a supporting unit and no one  cared about his spawn doggy.

What I've been thinking about lately is, that Khorne could be the best carrier army for a 30 man block of medium infantry (within GA Chaos).

Tzeentch Fatesworn is dead, same goes for Nurgle Plaguesworn... on top of that Arcane Shield got a lot worse.

Khorne never relied on the Everchosen battalions and a big block of Chaos Warriors or Blood Warriors synergieses perfectly with our one and only battalion, Gore Pilgrims. The former being less attractive now due to Sayl costing 200 points now... but the Blood Warriors version might be worth exploring.

Gore Pilgrims with max heroes, a big block of Warriors and some reavers. Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut, a Sorcerer Lord for easy buffs on the Blood Warriors. Throw a Shrine in there and a couple units of your choice and you should have a somewhat solid list. The Blood Warrior brick can be really obnoxious for other melee armies, especially if you can get it into position early on. The plan is to stack Bronzed Flesh on them, the buff from the Sorcerer and let the Gorefists do a lot of work.

It's certainly no T1 or T2 list, but it's something. 

Otherwise I'll probably go for an Archaon/Everchosen list... either with: Archaon, Harbinger of Decay, Lord of Slaanesh on Demonic Mount, Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut and a Gaunt Summoner. You activate Archaons ability and ultra buff him with all the command abilities. As units I would take 1x6 or 2x3 Varanguard and 1-2 small units of Reavers or Acolytes, depending on what works best and if I want to take endless spells.

The other idea would be playing Fatesworn and Archaon with Everchosen allegiance.

Personally, I have no intention of hopping on the SCE or Death bandwagon. I'm a true agent of Chaos (and mortals at that) but I have the feeling I have to look beyond Khorne to get a kick out of the game with 2.0.

2 hours ago, Killax said:

For those who want to competitively play Chaos, go Nurgle, you get a free Allegiance ability on top of your Allegiance ability.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/aos_warscrolls/warhammer-aos-tamurkhans-horde.pdf

Have fun, gg. I'm skipping this meme edition untill its sorted out.

Cheers,

Its exactly like the new stormhost rules that stormcast are getting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikeymajq said:

I'm detecting dangerously high salt levels in this sector ?

Not really. I mean some bias will always be around with Games Workshop. But if it's at the cost of the actual fan-base I'm leaving it as is until better times.
Basically first making an article abour Khorne not claiming any skulls is one thing, but then make an article where they almost feel sorry for Chaos is another...

It's cool that AoS2 will now first focus on Order and Death. But I don't play those armies, so I will not focus my time on AoS2. There is no real point in it like this. For the life of me I do not know how long this will continue either.

1 hour ago, chord said:

Wow....that's crazy. 

If your looking for a superior close combat army! Nurgle is the way, that's all. 

51 minutes ago, chord said:

It's like all you can eat ice cream where there is only chocolate.   :)

It's like getting two scoops of ice cream where we can suck on an ice cube xD Ah well Khorne has been fun under GH2016. I wont forget.

• Like 1