AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

I find that 'altar' and the increased (?) dependency on Priests totally uninspiring and I really hope there will be a way to play the army without them.  Worst case scenario, maybe one can convert a hilltop or something similar to the same measures. I imagine Khorne armies as invaders, not altar builders.

I'm also bothered by the fact that we're supposed to carry terrain with us everywhere we go playing now . How many army cases are reasonable?

27 minutes ago, Bjornas said:

I'm also bothered by the fact that we're supposed to carry terrain with us everywhere we go playing now . How many army cases are reasonable?

Well you dont have to take it.

I think thats the goal of all of these terrains, a small minor bonus and a way for gw to sell more terrain. The Loonshrine for example doesn't really help spiderfang, squigs, or troggoths outside of the battleshock thing (which is hard to pull off if you go aggro anyways).

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

Well you dont have to take it.

I think thats the goal of all of these terrains, a small minor bonus and a way for gw to sell more terrain. The Loonshrine for example doesn't really help spiderfang, squigs, or troggoths outside of the battleshock thing (which is hard to pull off if you go aggro anyways).

Yeah I hope it'll be the case that it's mainly for the Slaughterpriest/Gore Pilgrims build. Hopefully one Slaughterpriest will be enough to utilize the blood blessings as well.

"Next week sees a gory tidal wave of Khornate new releases for both Warhammer Age of Sigmar and Warhammer 40,000, including stunning new models, new rules and more… "

That sounds like a saturday release then..?

Edited by Bjornas

1 hour ago, Warfiend said:

Very true, and if pure demons can't have a priest I'll have to convert a few.

Maybe that new bloodletter hero IS a priest..?

And when I did see that Altar, I thought "That would look cooler on wheels!"

Edited by Morhgoz
  • Like 1

Hi guys!

So I have been planning on digging out my Khorne daemons our for a while, get them rebased and sorted for use in AoS and 30/40k.  

I am looking forward to seeing what the new book brings especially if we can get some daemon specific stuff (I do have some mortals but, y’know!)

I have a couple of princes & heralds, skulltaker, about 60  letters, skull cannon, 10 hounds with karnak and 9 bloodcrushers so I think a good base to start.   (Would like to get at least one Bloodthirster but time will tell!)

I would like to see the daemons get something to use the terrain feature and get the “spells” (shudder!) on to the board.   And maybe a touch more survivablilty for the letters to get them across the board

Free terrain piece that does most of what Gore Pilgrims does? Called it! :-)

This brings Khorne in line with other 2.0 battle tomes and possibly back to top tier, subject to a reworking of bloodtithe to be less limiting. 

Fitting the terrain piece and 3 x judgements into the carry case, in addition to extra daemons for summoning, is going to be a challenge but a welcome one!

Gore Pilgrims may get a rework or be deleted entirely, or it might remain as is for those who dont want to use the new terrain and still want to reroll prayers.

Really looking forward to this release!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Agent of Chaos said:

Gore Pilgrims may get a rework or be deleted entirely

I wouldn't be surprised if they change a few battalions. Especially some of the more niche ones like Gorechosen which is one of the few battalions impossible to play outside of huge point games or Narrative Play. Red Headsmen is another thats pretty wacky since it can help your opponent and may do little if the enemy hid their heroes well.

• Like 1

Sorry if I come across as whining and ruining the mood of this joyous evening, but - if one's not a fan  of the altar model, wouldn't it be cool to convert a ruined and desolated Ophidian Archway, and put a trail of decapitated bodies up to the top floor where the Slaughterpriest is positioned? Would give a great impression of an invading army..

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-SE/Ophidian-Archway

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Bjornas said:

Sorry if I come across as whining and ruining the mood of this joyous evening, but - if one's not a fan  of the altar model, wouldn't it be cool to convert a ruined and desolated Ophidian Archway, and put a trail of decapitated bodies up to the top floor where the Slaughterpriest is positioned? Would give a great impression of an invading army..

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-SE/Ophidian-Archway

As long as you have something roughly the same base size it should be fine.

I do find it a little weird all Beasts of Chaos shop at the same "Herdstones R Us"! ☠️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Bjornas go for it mate! Individual tastes and cool conversions are just one of the many things that make warhammer so cool and only lifts the mood if anything. As long as you dont model for advantage by increasing its size and therefore radius of effect no one is going to have an issue with it.  Please share what you come up with on here as Im sure others will feel the same way. 

• Like 2

Super excited about the Tome and associated releases, but Skulltaker's command ability must be one of the worst ever. Apparently it's thus:

"You can use this command ability at the start of the combat phase. If you do so, pick 1 friendly BLOODLETTERS unit wholly within 12" of a friendly model with this command ability. Until the end of that phase, you can re-roll wound rolls of 1 for attacks made by that unit."

Everyone laughed at Mazarall's command, but this seems... so much worse.  :-/

I am excited by the release, although not the mountain of grey that I have and will add too  😀

I was not expecting hounds and Karanak so soon, which is a bonus. Plus cards I will be able to read! Amazing, glad they found the landscape button.

I am interested in the terrain piece, I noted in the description it said reroll prayers and judgements ie not blood blessings. I wonder if this is the name of the new endless prayers. EDIT just noted the new prayers are called blood blessings, so maybe judgements are the current blessings.

I also saw on the tokens one which said Murderous Paragon. I don’t have my current tome to hand, but is that new?

Edited by Praecautus

Cannot wait for this, already got a sizeable 4K Khorne army and adding more to it as we speak.

Meant to be taking Khorne to the Justice Series Grand Tournament end of the month, so hopefully my list that I'm building and painting at the moment isn't invalid with the new book haha.

Can't wait to see what the Judgements do. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

This list was played at Bloodtithe over weekend , 

lots of movement and attacks.

But my interest is different between Bloodletters and bestigors.

The 30 Bestigor is 300 point

Run and Charge 

91 attacks on the charge

3 to hit if attacking unit is over 10 models and re roll one if Order.

4 up save

And that all with no supporting Characters at all.

30 Bloodletters 320 points

31 attacks

5 up save.

Mortal wounds unmodified 6 (5 average)

In the list attached with the Great Bray shaman and bloodsecator and bloodstoker , slaughter priest it changed a lot .

4 attacks each 

2 up save.

min charge = 19 and max 33

But a massive 390 battalions cost!!

Concerning the new book, hmm not sure how GW team will go with this at all.

But I’m am worried that Warscroll and  battalions points and working will not change .

B0B145D9-DC2E-4F53-9F7E-02377E44F1B3.png

4 hours ago, Roark said:

Super excited about the Tome and associated releases, but Skulltaker's command ability must be one of the worst ever. Apparently it's thus:

"You can use this command ability at the start of the combat phase. If you do so, pick 1 friendly BLOODLETTERS unit wholly within 12" of a friendly model with this command ability. Until the end of that phase, you can re-roll wound rolls of 1 for attacks made by that unit."

Everyone laughed at Mazarall's command, but this seems... so much worse.  😕

Reroll ones is deceptively powerful honestly. Given blood letters are 3 up to wound that improves their wound rate to 78% from 67%. An 11% damage buff is nothing to sniff at.

• Like 1

I am soooo psyched for this release, means i aint been painting up the boyz for nothing.  The one kick in the pants though is that they are a week too late on the release, missed the Adeptacon cutoff. Im gunna show up feeling like the kid thats wearing last years Air Jordans to school

1 hour ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

Reroll ones is deceptively powerful honestly. Given blood letters are 3 up to wound that improves their wound rate to 78% from 67%. An 11% damage buff is nothing to sniff at.

It's the rest of it that makes it bad IMHO though. Wholly within 12" is rough. Bloodletters only (as opposed to Khorne, or even just Daemons). 1 unit only (as opposed to 4 units for the Juggerlord or Mighty Lord for example). If all of those those restrictions were for a scary buff, I certainly wouldn't be whining.

But hey, he didn't even have a command before so... it's something.