10 x Bloodreavers (70)

BEHEMOTHS

Soul Grinder (260)

BATTALIONS

Council of Blood (150)

TOTAL: 1950/2000

EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 2

WOUNDS: 128 

The idea is sort of refused flank, with the Reavers/Marauders holding one side under the Bloodsecrator, fling the Soulgrinder like a nutter into the enemy, buffed for speed by the WoK BT and the Bloodstoker. Then follow up on the same flank with the Bloodthirsters and kind of munch toward the centre?

50 points, throw a spawn in there? Why not!

Council of Blood allows both Bloodthirsters to use their command abilities for free and none of the other characters have a command ability. Given you will start the game with 1 from the battalion plus 1 for your fist turn, the spawn is probably a good shout. Fits with the fluff of the list and gets you a bloodtithe point. Also a 4th unit to capture an objective while the heavy hitters do their thing. 

12 hours ago, Agent of Chaos said:

Council of Blood allows both Bloodthirsters to use their command abilities for free and none of the other characters have a command ability. Given you will start the game with 1 from the battalion plus 1 for your fist turn, the spawn is probably a good shout. Fits with the fluff of the list and gets you a bloodtithe point. Also a 4th unit to capture an objective while the heavy hitters do their thing. 

Personally I'd still prefer the command point. That way you can use wrath of khorne's ability twice in the first turn and still have one left to get a guaranteed 6 on a run roll.

I can see the benefit of a spawn, just personal preference I guess

• Like 2

Took my Gorepilgrims list ( w shrine and prince general) out last night vs night haunt. Long story short, resulted in the spooks being tabled. I did learn some valuable lessons

Again it was a battle where I let the enemy army onto my boys so the synergies were maxed.

Daemon prince with the sword of judgement is seriously powerful, 15 MW on the black coach, and he one shotted at least 2 other heros.

Don’t be afraid to start the blood secrator up front. There was limited shooting and I could protect him w reavers. 

Priests can move from the secrator. Sometimes it’s valuable to reduce the range of the portal so a priest can move his prayers on range of something. On that topic

You don’t have to blood boil all the time. By moving a priest I could blood bind a key hero and pull it in range of the other two priests and my daemon prince = a messy end for the general.

Warshrine is the bomb. It takes a lot of fire and is so valuable in the extra prayers and Ward. Useless in combat though 😀

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Hello chaps. I have a few questions, some of which centre around this video, which I want to follow to make some blood warriors and chaos knights.

1. It seems like the push fit blood warriors won't work for this. Other than the blood warriors box, which of the boxsets contains non push fit blood warriors that would fit this conversion?
2. Is the £100 boxset worth it? Will I ever use Chaos Warriors, Lord on Manticore, Chaos Knights, Chariot or Warshrine?
3. Are blood warriors used in many lists?

4 minutes ago, Superking said:

Hello chaps. I have a few questions, some of which centre around this video, which I want to follow to make some blood warriors and chaos knights.

1. It seems like the push fit blood warriors won't work for this. Other than the blood warriors box, which of the boxsets contains non push fit blood warriors that would fit this conversion?
2. Is the £100 boxset worth it? Will I ever use Chaos Warriors, Lord on Manticore, Chaos Knights, Chariot or Warshrine?
3. Are blood warriors used in many lists?

I think multipart blood warriors only in the start collectingbox and the box of 10. 

All slaves units are viable and can take khorne marks so it depends what you like Shrine is definitely viable- I use one very often and love it. I have a couple of gore chariots for fun. Chaos warriors can be a solid anvil for us. Manticore lord is good but we have a ton of other good beat stick heros. If you like the look go for it you won’t harm yourself,

I use 20 blood warriors in my mortal list. They do well, but they are not offensive masters. I find more use as anvil units

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

This may be a very simple question, but can I use the Blood Tithe ability Murderlust to run a Bloodsecrator up without, effectively, interrupting his Portal of Skulls ability? i mean, I can argue that he raises it, gets the ol' Murderlust, and drops it back down, right?

21 minutes ago, Zamik said:

This may be a very simple question, but can I use the Blood Tithe ability Murderlust to run a Bloodsecrator up without, effectively, interrupting his Portal of Skulls ability? i mean, I can argue that he raises it, gets the ol' Murderlust, and drops it back down, right?

You can. How it works though is the Blood Tithe triggers are the start of your hero phase. The Bloodsecrator's Portal of Skulls also ends at the start of your hero phase (ambiguous due to old wording but its not been FAQ'd otherwise and that seems the most logical). Since its your turn you have the Portal of Skulls end first then you are free to move him via Blood Tithe. Finally you have him use the ability again in your main hero phase.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forrix said:

You can. How it works though is the Blood Tithe triggers are the start of your hero phase. The Bloodsecrator's Portal of Skulls also ends at the start of your hero phase (ambiguous due to old wording but its not been FAQ'd otherwise and that seems the most logical). Since its your turn you have the Portal of Skulls end first then you are free to move him via Blood Tithe. Finally you have him use the ability again in your main hero phase.

Thanks! Yeah, I was hoping since I hadn't seen a specific order of operations that prevented it that I could get away with it, just in case I mismeasure and leave an important unit out of his radius (although three blood tithe points is a lot to spend on fixing an unforced error like that).

Edited by Zamik

33 minutes ago, Zamik said:

Thanks! Yeah, I was hoping since I hadn't seen a specific order of operations that prevented it that I could get away with it, just in case I mismeasure and leave an important unit out of his radius (although three blood tithe points is a lot to spend on fixing an unforced error like that).

It can also come in handy when the battle just naturally drifts further up the board.

Or if you're running gore pilgrims and one priest dies or you want to move them further up to boil some people.

It might be even more useful after the new tome, there is a good chance the bloodsecrator will be changed to "wholly within".

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Retro said:

It might be even more useful after the new tome, there is a good chance the bloodsecrator will be changed to "wholly within".

I hadn't even thought about that! That is, of course, if the blood tithe table doesn't change too much.

I'm really hoping the Bloodsecrator gets a rework in the battletome.  Especially with Gore Pilgrims he's just too powerful and I feel the rest of Khorne was balanced around always having him. When I'm playing lists I feel more penalized for not bringing him then I do rewarded for taking him.

• Like 1

I would love to see the current Bloodsecrator made redundant via a free terrain feature (a Skull Shrine or similar) that granted +1 attack and battleshock immunity within a radius with some mechanic increasing the range so the army doesnt have to camp around it (similar to a herdstone, perhaps +6" for each priest within 8", basically gore pilgrims in a terrain feature, or the range increases with units killed or blood tithe spent, something thematic like that). That essentially frees up a hero slot for one of our many cool hero options.

Meanwhile so the bloodsecrator model is not made redundant, the banner could have a different effect, similar to the short range banner artifact options available to him (e.g. reroll charges or +1 to hit within 8"), and he then functions like a crazed standard bearer charging into battle alongside the troops instead of sitting back watching the action. 

However given theres been no indication of a terrain feature for Khorne I guess this is a pipe dream 😞

I think making the Bloodsecrator optional should be one of the main aims of the new battletome, just doesn't seem right to have him as the first name down in every army list you write. I think he'll end up with some kind of AOE effect that isn't tied to him being immobile and hiding at the back of the army.

13 hours ago, Agent of Chaos said:

I would love to see the current Bloodsecrator made redundant via a free terrain feature (a Skull Shrine or similar) that granted +1 attack and battleshock immunity within a radius with some mechanic increasing the range so the army doesnt have to camp around it (similar to a herdstone, perhaps +6" for each priest within 8", basically gore pilgrims in a terrain feature, or the range increases with units killed or blood tithe spent, something thematic like that). That essentially frees up a hero slot for one of our many cool hero options.

Meanwhile so the bloodsecrator model is not made redundant, the banner could have a different effect, similar to the short range banner artifact options available to him (e.g. reroll charges or +1 to hit within 8"), and he then functions like a crazed standard bearer charging into battle alongside the troops instead of sitting back watching the action. 

However given theres been no indication of a terrain feature for Khorne I guess this is a pipe dream 😞

The Portal of Skulls a terrain ability? XD Man, the only weak point of the bloodsecrator is the fact of being killed, if it were to disappear...it would be apocalyptic.
 I hope for a command ability wholly within 24" (Bloodsecrator it's leutenant, like the Deathbringers, so I think it's possible). It's stil a nerf, but not so brutal.
Gw aim to sell his products, so I think they will rebalance most of the things in the tome. Look at the Skaven: from rags to stars!

30 minutes ago, Agent of Chaos said:

Why not? Every other new battletome army gets a free terrain piece (or several) that cant be removed from play. Why should Khorne miss out? Especially when its very thematic to have a Skull Shrine or Blood Pool on the field.

I dont think he was saying no to a new terrain piece, just that making the bloodsecrator ability free and permanent might be a bit OP.

Thats fair but OP abilities would be in keeping with other new battle tome armies wouldn't they. Why should Khorne miss out? The herdstone gives -1 rend and battleshock immunity within an ever increasing bubble, as well as providing the mechanic for summoning, in addition to free allegiance abilities. By comparison a Khorne Skull Shrine covering the Portal of Skulls ability so the bloodsecrator becomes less auto include is no more OP then that. 

• Like 1

The Bell endless spell for Skaven does the same thing. Does the moon for Gits as well? It seems like they are making thematic ways for each army to work "optimally" on the battlefield, so I could see them doing something like, "When X number of models die within Y inches of the portal / shrine / endless prayer, its aura grows X number of inches permanently. The range in which units can be thrown onto the pile increases by X as well (X + Y)". So now you want to get in the face of your enemy and fight, even sacrificing your own units to it, so you can increase the size of it and move onto other, further objectives.

• Like 1