AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

4 minutes ago, Roark said:

Enoby mentioned having a mortal army mate. NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOUR DAMN DOG! ?

Not a Khorne player, but got inspired by this nontheless. 

Would a 'Unleash the hounds/let loose the dogs of war' themed Khorne army work at all? A beastmaster + Khorne beasts army, to put it in broader terms :)

29 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Not a Khorne player, but got inspired by this nontheless. 

Would a 'Unleash the hounds/let loose the dogs of war' themed Khorne army work at all? A beastmaster + Khorne beasts army, to put it in broader terms :)

Well you don't want to go too crazy with them I think but they are nice.

There are basically still the same 3 reasons to pick Karanak as mentioned in the older topic.
1. He gives you free Flesh Hounds because you can pick your own Hero as Quarry.
2. He isn't a bad deal in itself for 90 points as he can fight reasonably and Unbind.
3. Flesh Hounds hit hard for a free unit versus hordes and can Unbind also, eve with re-roll if an Daemonic Hero is near (note, Karanak isn't a Daemon Hero).

Quite a while a go a great topic was written about Khorne vs Tzeentch where the Khorne player basically took multiple Flesh Hound units to supress the magic domination Tzeentch otherwise came with. To my and even the player's suprise it worked well. Part of the reason as to why is because not all armies need to be awnsered with Bloodletters and Flesh Hounds when under the Bloodsecrator buff do still make 25 attacks for 5 models. Which is neat.

I do think that Flesh Hounds are worth the 100 points, so if you find the room, there is nothing wrong with including them. Especially not if it means you can 'skip' on Battalions.

As before I feel there isn't that much reason to thake a Battalion anyway, one can be nice, but if you gain a CP for 50 points that's still a good deal also. Especially now when we have the confirmation that Command Abilities usually don't stack when used this way... But somehow do stack when used with BT... (Could be wrong here, typing from memory). 

Long story short however remains that I think anyone who's willing to have some form of an edge should still include Karanak in their armies for the time being. It's free Look Out Sir unit, it's free Blood Tithe, it's free Unbind options (twice). I just wouldn't try to make it more as support. I personally don't believe MSU is the way to go but I do believe that Khorne for the upcomming semi-competitive meta should look into 2-3 'death stars' and 3-4 smaller units plus the Heroes they might like.

Lastly I don't see Khorne going beyond Tier 2 but as before not playing it with the intend to win Tournaments seems to apply to Chaos and Destruction for this edition. Which sounds harsh but is my realistic view on things. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ledha said:

did they changed that ? In my memory, he could do his pile-in when he was 8" from the ennemy

In the FAQ you can't use your pile in, unless you are within 3" already in the combat phase.  Although his 8" occurs in the hero phase, would it be under the same limitations?

image.png.c9fde6df8b77185aecc120088063c004.png

So the faq specifically says 'attack in the combat phase...'

A: No, unless the ability specifically states otherwise.             

So Aqshy's Bane .Says   In each of your hero phases, you can pile in up to 8" and attack with the might lord of khorne.

This ability is not in the combat phase and specifically state otherwise. 

So in my option with the info I have seen above currently , I would say pile in 8" in the hero only ( Combat phase you need to be within 3" )

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mikeboll said:

I dont get the rage over flesh hound bases. Have mine on ovals and think it look ace. Its better in the game also. 

991A2F87-3B7B-4D46-AB19-0C9A407C8447.jpeg

I like them on those bases too. But Karanak and Riptoof are on twp other bases which is kind of funny ?

I always thought their round bases looked too big.

1 hour ago, chord said:

In the FAQ you can't use your pile in, unless you are within 3" already in the combat phase.  Although his 8" occurs in the hero phase, would it be under the same limitations?

image.png.c9fde6df8b77185aecc120088063c004.png

several units have the possibility to pile-in from a bigger range, like slaneeshi heroes or daughter of slaughter. I'll search again, but i'm convinced they FAQed khorgos to give him the ability to pile-in from 8" of his opponent. RAW, the previous version (the one in the battletome) made him able to pile-in wherever he was, which was dumb but very funny

however, in the classic combat phase, he can only pile-in if he is 3" of the ennemy, like everyone else

Edited by ledha

looking through the warscroll erratas, a lot of them are limited heroes' ability to use command abilities  on same unit multiple times on same turn (e.g., Morathai). They didn't do that to the aspiring death bringer.   So correct me if I'm wrong, but could I, say, save 150 points for an extra 3 command points,  have the ADB and maybe some wrathmongers  in support, and keep the secrator's portal open of course, and give - i don't know maybe a whipped - Scarbrand  - an extra 5 attacks with each of his axes.  I mean 6 slaughters and 6 carnages I think would kill any 2 units he charges between.

Edited by annarborhawk

55 minutes ago, Mikeymajq said:

I like them on those bases too. But Karanak and Riptoof are on twp other bases which is kind of funny ?

I always thought their round bases looked too big.

I'm cool with any base as long as it's not some inconsistent approach XD Which it currently is.

But hey I guess we went from Skarbrand on a different base to Karnak, Riptooth and the Flesh Hounds on different bases lol.

13 minutes ago, annarborhawk said:

So correct me if I'm wrong, but could I, say, save 150 points for an extra 3 command points,

Actually, if you spend 200pts on a gore pilgrim, you 'll get 4 CP. And as it wasn't stated otherwise, you can spend a bunch of them on the ADB ability and throw a whole bucket of dices. 

Q: In a Pitched Battle, I receive 1 extra command point for
every 50 points I don’t spend on units. Do points spent on
warscroll battalions, endless spells and terrain features count as
points spent on units for the purposes of this rule?

A: Yes.

I know it sounds a bit stupid and overpowered, but the more I read those faq, khorne changes and rules, the more I have the feeling that it was done by some interns who didn't care and not corrected - or even checked twice - by anyone.  Did they really play tested this? 

They obviously don't care, so why would we... 

9 minutes ago, Hystarion said:

Q: In a Pitched Battle, I receive 1 extra command point for
every 50 points I don’t spend on units. Do points spent on
warscroll battalions, endless spells and terrain features count as
points spent on units for the purposes of this rule?

A: Yes.

:(

Edited by Xasz
Cannot read.

3 minutes ago, Xasz said:

This is the worst designed rule and clarification I've witnessed in a long time.

How do? I've always interpreted it as you need 50 unused points to get a command point and the clarification just means you cannot argue that battalions and endless spells arnt units and don't count. 

• Like 1

@Hystarion and @Xasz I read that awnser as Battalions NOT contributing to additional CP, but am I now understanding the awnser wrong?

Really the more I look at this edition the less Im beginning to understand what they intended with all of it.

What actually happened after they improved the Core rules? 

Just now, NemoVonUtopia said:

How do? I've always interpreted it as you need 50 unused points to get a command point and the clarification just means you cannot argue that battalions and endless spells arnt units and don't count. 

Read it the other way.

5 minutes ago, NemoVonUtopia said:

It says that points spent on battalions, spells, ect. count as points spent on units and therefore do not give extra command points. I don't see how I could read it the other way.

Not enough sleep and too much work, that's how. :)

• Haha 1

Hi,

I'm thinking about buying new stuff for my Blades of Khorne army. Right now I have 40 Reavers, 15 Warriors, Aspiring Deathbringer, Bloodstoker, Bloodsecrator, Korgorath, 10 Blood Hounds, 30 Bloodletters, Skull Cannon and 3 Blood Crusher.

Would the Goretribe Box be a good choice? And can you convert the models with Wulfen and/or Blood Warrior legs to get 5 Wrathmongers and 5 Skull Reapers? Or should I get more characters like Migty Lord of Khorne, Slaugterpriest orSkaar?

And I'm a bit disappointed in the Blood Crushers. Can I sell them or is there some trick to them?

18 minutes ago, Descho said:

Hi,

I'm thinking about buying new stuff for my Blades of Khorne army. Right now I have 40 Reavers, 15 Warriors, Aspiring Deathbringer, Bloodstoker, Bloodsecrator, Korgorath, 10 Blood Hounds, 30 Bloodletters, Skull Cannon and 3 Blood Crusher.

Would the Goretribe Box be a good choice? And can you convert the models with Wulfen and/or Blood Warrior legs to get 5 Wrathmongers and 5 Skull Reapers? Or should I get more characters like Migty Lord of Khorne, Slaugterpriest orSkaar?

And I'm a bit disappointed in the Blood Crushers. Can I sell them or is there some trick to them?

Slaughterpriests. Lots of slaughterpriests. To run Gore Pilgrims.  I always run 3 to great effect. 

55 minutes ago, Descho said:

Hi,

Slaughterpriests are almost mandatory Skarr is pretty good if you have a spare leader slot.

I got extra wrathmonger legs and back armor plates from a bits site. Wulfen seem like they should work but I haven't seen them side by side to know for sure.