AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

1 minute ago, Bjornas said:

Can we expect to see new warscrolls for them, you think? Considering it's a "new" release? Or is the general consensus that they are fine as they are?

They're fast, decently punchy for their points, Battleline, and can dispel magic. They seem great already!

Slaanesh Fiends on the other hand...(well technically slaanesh still waiting for their proper book anyways)

• Like 1

Also I think the video might be showing a plastic Herald of Khorne on Juggernaut? They seemed oddly focused on showing a juggernaut. I suppose maybe it's because I'm not used to seeing Bloodcrushers painted in different colors. They did mention other new models.

Edited by kenshin620

3 hours ago, Bjornas said:

Can we expect to see new warscrolls for them, you think? Considering it's a "new" release? Or is the general consensus that they are fine as they are?

The one standing on th rock looks a lot like it could be a unit leader which the current warscroll doesn't have. Curious to see if they change them as well.

Bummed that they are changing the bases again, i have mine on 50mm and they are metal, i won't only have to rebase them, but repaint the lower halves as well since paint will chip away during rebasing and my backlog is tremendous already as it is ?

1 hour ago, Infernalslayer said:

The one standing on th rock looks a lot like it could be a unit leader which the current warscroll doesn't have. Curious to see if they change them as well.

Well not sure about unit leaders but another piece of art has Karanak front and center, maybe they're also making a plastic version of him?

1541202792122.jpg

Notice how different his Frills are from his original model (the new art has his frills on his side heads being UNDER the head rather than over)

Spoiler

99809915022_KaranakNEW02WHF.jpg

3 minutes ago, BrocknerTheBear said:

@will pollock you can run and charge as per the command ability but you have to choose to add 3" to the run OR charge for the bloodstoker ability

@will pollock

Whipped to Fury says you add 3" to all run or charge rolls, not that you need to choose one or the other. I've been playing it this way for years as has every Khorne player I know. To me, it seems to be  the only reason the WoK Thirster + Letterbomb combo allows for Turn 1 charges.

I'm feeling a slight creeping dread right now... but also pretty confident about this.

Designers' Commentary https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/age_of_sigmar_blades_of_khorne_designers_commentary_en-1.pdf

Yes you add to run and charge.

Be sure to become familiar with all the Q&A here and the FAQ! https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/age_of_sigmar_blades_of_khorne_errata_en-1.pdf

Edited by andysonic1
  • Thanks 1

Well I think I will still play it as either or. All I can see from this is that you can use the ability to add to both but that you can't use it to stack the same ability twice ie: one to increase run and one to increase charge but not two to add both to charge. This may be contrary to current interpretation but I just can't see the word "or" implying anything other then "not both" 

This is purely personal opinion and lines up with how relaxed and uncompetitive I play and in no way implies anyone else is wrong. 

To coin a warhammer tv phrase "other interpretations are available" ;)

I would see the emphasis being on the wrong part. "All" would mean any such action. "Or" means one or the other. But you could charge multiple times before your next hero phase (blood tithe table effects or command traits etc) so the effect would count towards these results as well as one made in the charge phase itself. However. That being said, it's still run "or" charge. 

Other effects specify run "and" charge. It's certainly one for the rules guys to qualify in the next faq because it has a huge effect one way or the other with a gain or loss of 3" in the balance. 

Still, this is just a clearing up of why I see it this way and nothing more. As such, if happily play others using the other interpretation and I would still use my own and harbour no ill will.

I wonder how some of the playtesters or TO's would rule it at a tournament though