AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

52 minutes ago, will pollock said:

Hey all, just a quick question

so i run a bray shaman alongside three bloodletter bombs, if i cast inferno blades to double the bloodletters damage does it also double the mortal wounds?

thanks

will

I don't think an allied shaman have any access to lore spells. So there is no way to get that spell into a khorne list,  and no way to get bloodletters into a beasts list.  Not going to work.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kevlar1972 said:

don't think an allied shaman have any access to lore spells. So there is no way to get that spell into a khorne list,  and no way to get bloodletters into a beasts list.  Not going to work.

it just says 'wizards in your army will know all the appropriate realm spells'

3 minutes ago, will pollock said:

it just says 'wizards in your army will know all the appropriate realm spells'

I could be wrong but I thought allies can't take realm magic or artifacts. 

Oh there is one way to get realm magic.  Archaon!   

Edited by Kevlar1972

Just now, Kevlar1972 said:

I could be wrong but I thought allies can't take realm magic or artifacts. 

i dont know i think its lores of the army (eg. rotbringer sorcerer ally cant take lore of fate) or artifacts or be the general. based on the wording of malign sorcery it sounds ok but who knows

Ah I see the problem.

@will pollock is referencing REALM spells which everyone knows.

@Kevlar1972 is referencing ALLEGIANCE spells which can only be used if your army is in the allegiance.

So yes if you're in Aqshy, you get all the Aqshy spells (regardless of ally status). And so does your opponent! The only exceptions I think are units that specifically cannot cast spells other than what was specified (I think). Like Evocators.

Edited by kenshin620

1 minute ago, kenshin620 said:

So yes if you're in Aqshy, you get all the Aqshy spells. And so does your opponent! The only exceptions I think are untis that specifically cannot cast spells other than what was specified (I think). Like Evocators.

if my army is from aqshy do i get inferno blades? dont have the core book and malign sorcery never really says anything outright (sorry if thats a dumb question)

5 minutes ago, will pollock said:

if my army is from aqshy do i get inferno blades? dont have the core book and malign sorcery never really says anything outright (sorry if thats a dumb question)

Oooooh ok thats a different thing entirely

No, picking a realm your army is from does not give you access to the Realm spell list (you only can get the artifacts). Only fighting in the realm gives you access to the spells.

Sounds convoluted but the realm spells aren't exactly balanced, and I think we still have nightmares about WFB 8th edition magic (sad that the generic 8 lores were sometimes better than faction specific lores!)

Edited by kenshin620

7 hours ago, will pollock said:

ah ok thank you very much, when i cast inferno blades on bloodletters, does it double the damage for their mortal wounds as well as their normal wounds or just the normal ones?

The wording on Decapitating Blow states "a mortal wound" meaning it's singular and "instead of normal damage" meaning the single mortal wound replaces the damage value no matter how high you ramp it.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2018 at 5:26 PM, Coyote said:

STILL take your battleshock anyway  - on a roll of 1 add 1d6 Bloodletters.

I just learned after my first game weeks ago - Coyotes First Rule - Never ever give up in rolling Battleshock, even if “there’s no way to lose, what’s the point” the point is every 1/6 Battlehock rolls you add 1d6 Bloodletters.

Its faqed so that you cant take tests within the portals range.

I think the faq wording was something like, khorne ynits are not allowed to make battleshock test....

Edited by SirPug

Well, it’s out at last! 1200 points and nearly $900 Dollarydoos! Will be a pretty epic centrepiece model though. :) It’s begging for a Bronzed Flesh and a Killing Frenzy, but in practice it will probably rarely get fielded...

4F1E1497-8C14-412B-BFB5-82C8FBBE80EC.jpeg

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Downloads//Vorgaroth_and_Skalok_Warscroll.pdf

Edited by Caillum
Added link

47 minutes ago, Galdenistal said:

Vorgaroth looks pretty sweet, I'd want to give him Gore Pilgrims for some Slaughterpriest buffs (+1 save / +1 to hit),  would really need to get some board presence with Bloodreavers too, not sure how that would work out in points though.

just wrote up a quick list

heroes:

bloodsecrator-140

priest-100

priest-100

vorgaroth and skalok- 1200

battleline:

reavers-70

reavers-70

warriors-100

battalions:

gore pilgrims-200

1 hour ago, will pollock said:

Wow, that's insane. Imagine him with Killing Frenzy, Brazen Flesh and Blood Stampede on him... and a Shrine lurking around... But that's 1700pts I've spent already haha.

4 minutes ago, Bululu said:

Yeah amazing model ill definitely get one. But no MW save and especially not antimagic save/vs effects just dont wanna see the looks when hand of dust takes him off xD, casual play only, But definitely fun :D and great model

hand of dust at a -3....prob rerolling successful, then either an auto unbind via tithe or an unbind attempt...

actually the -3 is kinda wierd as it gets that reroll before modifier stuff happeneing