AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

1 hour ago, Grendel said:

Is it just me, or have they just added a "Slaughterbrute of Khorne" Warscroll?

I was put off this model before, as it needed a StD hero, but now..

Anyone tried him?

He has been here fot quite a while! Really a month after the Blades of Khorne Battletome was released, maby even a few weeks, GW designed to include it. However I can't find it in Generals Handbook these days...

Didn't try him in AoS1 due to cost, now I have no idea what he should cost ;) 

51 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Weird. I've only just seen it appear on the WH AOS app, showing a cost of 180pts

Lol found it in generals handbook, at 170. The one from Monsters of Chaos is 180 still, beautiful.

image.png.06549948d4d26d090015523ca96414a6.png

Edited by Killax

So I've been thinking about including a council of blood in my army for a little while now.

Does anyone have thoughts on a mortal battalion that I could include alongside it?

My first thought was gore pilgrims but the hero tax involved in having those 2 battalions side by side is pretty high, and I feel that the main strengths of pilgrims aren't as valuable when you rock out 3+ thirsters as half your army (battleshock is irrelevant for them and +1 attack doesn't scale as much for the thirsters).

The other one I've considered was dark feast, gives me my battleline, a couple of prayers, stoker and similar benefits to a bloodsecrator for the reavers following alongside.

I would probably run 1 wrath and 2 IR thirsters and then try and keep my points to 1950. This would give 4 command points, 2 for run and charge on the 3 thirsters and 2 for 6" run if I need it.

• Like 2

So, Slaughterbrute - 180 pts 

Do I read correctly to field the Slaughterbrute also requires a *Slaves to Darkness Hero* as a master?  

Im not familiar with the Slaves to Darkness - which characters pride the best synergy?  

Just looking around I see the Chaos Sorcerer Lord combo (160 pts + 180 for SB) or Sorcerer Lord on Manticore (200 + 180) catch my eye...

The Slaughterbrute of Khorne only needs a Khorne Mortal hero to be bound to it and is only 170.  Additionally most khorne heroes are fairly cheap and tough, plus they don't dabble in sorcery ?

I'm highly considering one and binding it to either my lord on jugg or my skullgrinder.  One is super tough and the other everyone ignores until its too late.  What's everyone's thoughts on the best hero to bind it to?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Killax said:

Lol found it in generals handbook, at 170. The one from Monsters of Chaos is 180 still, beautiful.

image.png.06549948d4d26d090015523ca96414a6.png

Nice call!

I´m thinking about painting a 1000 points list based on "monsters of Khorne"  (essentially flesh hounds, chaos spawns, Khorgoraths, an allied Cygor, all led by a mighty lord of Khorne ans a Bloodstoker or two) and this model would fit the bill. But... do you even think it´s worth it?

EDIT: Something like this:

Allegiance: Khorne

Leaders
Mighty Lord Of Khorne (120)
Bloodstoker (80)
Bloodsecrator (140)

Battleline
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)

Units
2 x Khorgoraths (180)
2 x Chaos Spawn (100)

Behemoths
Slaughterbrute (170)

Total: 990 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 74

=> Lots of attacks, lots of dispel, but low on bodies...

Edited by Hannibal

Simple philosophy behind this list: multiple threats and some redundancy to keep the blood flowing.

The only changes I'm currently thinking about are a second Secrator so I can move/stagger the Portal up the field.

Feels super weird to not have a Stoker, but I still wiped the floor with the shooty Freeguild and Seraphon, so I'm gonna keep testing it. Triple scary guys is so much fun.

I haven't yet done that dumb scenario that requires Wizards/Artefacts to claim objectives (I'm kinda just ignoring that one forever).

Comments/criticism from the faithful always welcome of course.

Daemon Prince of Khorne (160)
- General
- Trait: Immense Power 
Lord Of Khorne On Juggernaut (140)
- Artefact: Sword of Judgement
Mighty Lord Of Khorne (120)
Aspiring Deathbringer (80)
- Bloodaxe and Wrath Hammer
Bloodsecrator (140)
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy
30 x Bloodletters (320)
40 x Chaos Marauders (200)
- Axes & Shields
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
1 x Chaos Warshrine (160)
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy
5 x Skullreapers (170)
- Daemonblades
- 1x Soultearers
5 x Skullreapers (170)
- Daemonblades
- 1x Soultearers

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 180

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Grendel said:

There are two Warscrolls:

The "Slaughterbrute", and the "Slaughterbrute of Khorne"

StD character needed for the former, Khorne hero for the later.

Where is the Warscroll for SBoK?  I think I’ve seen it, and I have the Grabs Alliance Chaos book - is the SBoK Warscroll  in a different book?  Which one?

1 hour ago, Coyote said:

Where is the Warscroll for SBoK?  I think I’ve seen it, and I have the Grabs Alliance Chaos book - is the SBoK Warscroll  in a different book?  Which one?

AoS app has it.  It gets the mark of khorne so bloodseceator will boost its attacks.  Hang out near wrathmongers too and that thing will do some damage.

18 hours ago, Retro said:

So I've been thinking about including a council of blood in my army for a little while now.

Does anyone have thoughts on a mortal battalion that I could include alongside it?

My first thought was gore pilgrims but the hero tax involved in having those 2 battalions side by side is pretty high, and I feel that the main strengths of pilgrims aren't as valuable when you rock out 3+ thirsters as half your army (battleshock is irrelevant for them and +1 attack doesn't scale as much for the thirsters).

The other one I've considered was dark feast, gives me my battleline, a couple of prayers, stoker and similar benefits to a bloodsecrator for the reavers following alongside. I would probably run 1 wrath and 2 IR thirsters and then try and keep my points to 1950. This would give 4 command points, 2 for run and charge on the 3 thirsters and 2 for 6" run if I need it.

Well as with anything in Aos2 Id say add another cheap Battalion or none at all, as usually I think 1 is what we have to work with for Khorne right now, as the moment Battalion combined costs reach 300-ish I remain convinced that another (even smaller) unit is more 'worth it', partially due to having more units to Blood Tithe, other reason being that while we have great Artefacts you don't need them all at once, it usually leads to 1 being great for Daemons and other for Mortals and we still start out with something mixed most of the time meaning not all benifit. 

I think Dark Feast can be worth it, but I also want to give an in depth thought on that later when compairing the Battalions to each other, still havn't found the time... What I do think can be a great choice is Blood Hunt, but you need a lot of Fleshhounds for that. 

Thanks for sharing the lists too!

15 hours ago, Gash Bauer said:

The Slaughterbrute of Khorne only needs a Khorne Mortal hero to be bound to it and is only 170.  Additionally most khorne heroes are fairly cheap and tough, plus they don't dabble in sorcery ?

I'm highly considering one and binding it to either my lord on jugg or my skullgrinder.  One is super tough and the other everyone ignores until its too late.  What's everyone's thoughts on the best hero to bind it to?

As always, keep it cheap, but to be honest binding a Slaughterpriest to it can be a good idea also. Especially if you're going Gore Pilgrims and skip on the Bloodthirster inclusion. 

What I like about that aspect is that logically opponents will try to deal with Slaughterpriests, then if they succeed they've got a mad Slaughterbrute on their hands. What's the true question is how it compairs to Skullreapers offcourse :) comming in at the exact same cost. 

I still plan to get one regardless and put some form of Khorne hero on top of it. If anything it's a cooler looking Warshrine ;) ! I think the best factor for it is that it looks cool and breaks the otherwise endless infantry look our armies often have.

11 hours ago, Hannibal said:

Nice call!

I´m thinking about painting a 1000 points list based on "monsters of Khorne"  (essentially flesh hounds, chaos spawns, Khorgoraths, an allied Cygor, all led by a mighty lord of Khorne ans a Bloodstoker or two) and this model would fit the bill. But... do you even think it´s worth it?

EDIT: Something like this:

Leaders
Mighty Lord Of Khorne (120)
Bloodstoker (80)
Bloodsecrator (140)

Battleline
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)

Units
2 x Khorgoraths (180)
2 x Chaos Spawn (100)

Behemoths
Slaughterbrute (170)

Total: 990 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 74

=> Lots of attacks, lots of dispel, but low on bodies...

Looks cool to me! Considering you have two Khorgorath units and Spawns allready I would say/go for a unit of infantry in there.

While some monsters are great I still feel infantry is where our main engine draws the power from. More models, a Bloodsecrator and more attacks and all that.

Cheers!