AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Is anyone using Bronzed Flesh?

I thought about using it in my next game, because I don't have the models for a turn 1 letterbomb and so my army is really slow and therefore really vulnerable to shooting.

I want to use this prayer on my key units like Bloodsecrator, Skullreapers and Daemon Prince. Killing Frenzy does not really perform well for me when I struggle to get units into melee combat before they get decimated by missle weapons.

I've been looking at Knorne and the 2 start to play boxes. Are the Bloodstoker and Khorograth of much use as they are only in the Goreblade box. Or is the generic start collecting better as the Mighty Lord of Khorne and Bloodsecrator can be bought separately?

Edited by Volkmair

56 minutes ago, Volkmair said:

I've been looking at Knorne and the 2 start to play boxes. Are the Bloodstoker and Khorograth of much use as they are only in the Goreblade box. Or is the generic start collecting better as the Mighty Lord of Khorne and Bloodsecrator can be bought separately?

Many consider the Bloodstoker critical due to the +3" charge.

Edited by AverageBoss

1 hour ago, Volkmair said:

You could look for the old AOS starter kit with the bloodbound and the stormcast.  That's a great kit pretty cheap and you can trade the stormcast for someone's bloodbound.  Not sure how many of those are left around though. 

So you get two goreblade boxes for the price of one.  I used a stormcast hammer to make my 2nd blood secrator an aspiring champion with goreaxe and skull hammer, and used a spare axe and a prayer book to make the second blood stoker into a slaughter priest.

2 hours ago, JetBlackSVW said:

I thought about using it in my next game, because I don't have the models for a turn 1 letterbomb and so my army is really slow and therefore really vulnerable to shooting.

I want to use this prayer on my key units like Bloodsecrator, Skullreapers and Daemon Prince. Killing Frenzy does not really perform well for me when I struggle to get units into melee combat before they get decimated by missle weapons.

I always use Bronzed Flesh and Killing Frenzy on my Slaughterpriests. Bronzed Flesh is usually used on WoK Bloodthirster to make it a little more tanky.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Volkmair said:

I mostly play with both Bloodstoker and 1-2 Khorgorath, more than Mighty Lord of Khorne.

7 hours ago, JetBlackSVW said:

I always have at least 1 priest w bronze flesh and I do like having it along w 2 killing frenzy. I had good effect last night putting on gore fist warriors to eke out a few extra mortal wounds. 

I once used to have 4 bronze flesh, putting +2 save on two units is nice.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Gash Bauer said:

Personally I find Khorgoraths to be great, mine has almost always made its points back.  I wish they were easier to get from GW themselves.

I think the Slaanesh vs Khorne event next year will have a standalone kit (plus 40k stats), along with plastic flesh hounds.

Or at least thats the rumor.

Out of curiosity, what are people filling up their remaining 190 points nowadays in 2.0 with for a pretty standard Gore Pilgrims core of:

Allegiance: Khorne
Wrath Of Khorne Bloodthirster (320)
Bloodstoker (80)
Bloodsecrator (140)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Slaughterpriest (100)
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
30 x Bloodletters (320)
5 x Wrathmongers (180)
Gore Pilgrims (200)

On 9/28/2018 at 6:25 AM, Volkmair said:

The Bloodstoker also lets the unit it buffs reroll 1s to wound, which really helps out units with Daemon weapons. He's a decent fighter with two weapons, and in the Dark Feast battalion he ensures fellow units around him don't take battleshock tests.

Khorgoraths aren't super-powerful hitters, but they can really tie up a unit of weaker enemies, especially since they have a shooting attack too and can heal when they kill.

On 9/25/2018 at 8:15 PM, Kevlar1972 said:

Also stuff like lens of refraction,  allied cygor, karanak, MLoK, riptooth, regular flesh hounds, lots of options to shut down his magic phase on top of the always included bloodsecrator and slaughterpriests!

Cygor and karanak reflect mortal wounds on dispel.  WoK bloodthirster gets +2.  Lens of refraction just cuts out spell damage in a bubble.   What other goodies are there? 

Brazen Rune, but other than that you pretty much mentioned them all :P In addition, one thing I also think is key and can still be talked more about is the addition of Fleshhounds as a summon tool, which will continue to assist in supressing magic.

Having said that, it can still do it's thing to us, certainly with very super powerful characters but most of the time that part is covered.

On 9/28/2018 at 12:08 PM, JetBlackSVW said:

If you're facing non-mortal wound armies more as those who have easy acces to it it can be great. 

Certainly agree that it keeps your Bloodsecrator around and Skullreapers too, IF they really go down quick... In general I stay away from the Daemon Prince these days though since the tool to have a Daemon Hero around can be fixed by summonning a Bloodmaster. 

Getting where you need to be quicker is often a better solution as applying Bronzed Flesh.

• Thanks 1

On 9/29/2018 at 12:17 AM, AverageBoss said:

Out of curiosity, what are people filling up their remaining 190 points nowadays in 2.0 with for a pretty standard Gore Pilgrims core of:

Allegiance: Khorne
Wrath Of Khorne Bloodthirster (320)
Bloodstoker (80)
Bloodsecrator (140)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Slaughterpriest (100)
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
30 x Bloodletters (320)
5 x Wrathmongers (180)
Gore Pilgrims (200)

I'm thinking 2 Khorgoraths. takes the list to 1990 but after playing a variant with no wrathmongers and 2 x 30 bloodletters at 1950 having the extra CP does come in really handy. unfortunately there's not many good options at 140pts.

Played a game today: 1K points vs Nighthaunts :)
My list was mostly the old starter set:

Mighty Lord Of Khorne (120)
- General
Bloodsecrator (140)
Bloodstoker (80)
Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrathhammer (100)
UNITS
-Goreaxes
- 1 x Goreglaives
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
-Goreaxe & Gorefist
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
-Reaver Blades
1 x Khorgoraths (90)

Friend list was:
2x Cavalry, 2x Bases of ghosts, Hero with locks, hero with staff (wizard), Hero on winged horse.

Played a scenario with 4 objective, placed like a cross, with varying value depending on how far they are from your deployment. Neat game, I lost every initiative roll, but managed to win 12-8 :)

I have to say Bloodstoker and Korghorat did very well, it seems to me they're not frequently played. Am I wrong? Bloodstoker has quite a number of attacks and a useful ability, well worth its 80 points imho.

A  question about Blood Warriors No Respite:
the attack get all bonuses and special rules as performed during a regular activation? 
i.e. reroll 1s for double Goreaxes, +1 attack for Bloodsecrator, etc...

No Respite: 
If a model from this unit is slain in the combat phase, you can make a pile in move and then attack with the model before you remove it.

Reading the rules, I would say so, but friend seemed doubtful...

I've always taking it to mean they get all bonuses ie they are attackingn although it was the combat phase. Its also important to note that model has to be able to pile in ie legally get in combat range as it it was the combat phase. So be careful who you pick to die.

One thing to note, most of the time it's best to pick a standard warrior but sometimes you may want to pick the champion w glaive to go. Especially at the end of the game and if he has already attacked.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2018 at 12:08 PM, JetBlackSVW said:

I love it, blood warriors, chaos knights and such become really scary with such a good save. And in the bloodforged battalion. 3+ blood warriors ignoring rend -1? Yes please! 

I also run resanguination if I have a few big boys to heal. 

26 minutes ago, Praecautus said:

One thing to note, most of the time it's best to pick a standard warrior but sometimes you may want to pick the champion w glaive to go. Especially at the end of the game and if he has already attacked.

Yeah, I've learned this right in yesterday game: left the champion as the last man and he left (ingloriously) the game due to battleshock, so without triggering No Respite.

7 minutes ago, gabbi said:

Yeah, I've learned this right in yesterday game: left the champion as the last man and he left (ingloriously) the game due to battleshock, so without triggering No Respite.

We'be all been there ? When it works it's glorious but I've also rolled all 2s so he does nothing.