AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

4 hours ago, Rumblefish said:

Yup, that would give them some bite and frankly make them a little more interesting. I think GW were needlessly nervous about the awesome power of 1 in 5 Bloodwarriors swinging a decent weapon when they die.

Ain't that the truth, I think it would be fine personally.

2 hours ago, phizzco said:

painting bloodreavers is the only thing i think that could be worse, they have every type of surface (skin, metal, cloth, leather) and they die in DROOOOVES immediately.

This!

And that every model is subtly different, the amount of times you paint all the brown then realise someone has an extra strap around their arm that you missed and now have to stop and go back to..

Or a hidden skull dangling from the back of their belt..

Its infuriating!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, phizzco said:

I really like the model but they're so bad..... I wish they were a little better then I could justify buying them.

Ive been considering using one with its primary role being objective holder.

Rather than have a unit sit and deal no damage all game its like paying 50-80 (depends what its superseding) to get 5 pot shots. 

Currently cant find those points in the list to spare. Plus a lot of the new battleplans you just have to claim the objective then you can move off it but still retain ownership. So no real need to squat unless your opponent has some movement/drop from the sky/appear at the board edge ability.

Also thinking about doing a conversion with one of the 40k forgefiend/forgefiend/maulerfiend variants. big gun protruding where is head should be- like that baddie from transformers 3.

Not sure about summoning- 5 bloodtithe seems just as overcosted as 150 points for what it can do normally does.

Edited by TheAdequateWargamer

4 hours ago, phizzco said:

I really like the model but they're so bad..... I wish they were a little better then I could justify buying them.

If only I could give it more shotd or rerolls or something it would be useful. XD

But yeah summoning it is pretty nice. It's just that I almost always want to summone bloodletters to hold objectives with them instead of a single model. 

3 hours ago, TheOtherJosh said:

@Rumblefish

It is _probably_ because they didn’t give the 5 Bloodwarriors in the starter Box a Gorecleaver.

And they didn’t build the options on the sprue...

Basically it is a ‘Don’t repeat the Grundstock Thunderers Warscroll issue again ...”

Meanwhile, gotta steal a bunch of extra weapons to make Great Weapon or Halberd chaos warriors!

thanks guys, now i'm imagining bloodwarriors with 2 special weapon per guy plus the chief, and i'm crying because it's a beautiful thing that will never happen

--- in a parrallele universe ---

" hey ledha, what is your list ? "

"well, i have 80 bloodwarriors and one bloodsecrator. I may have others units, but i don't really care "

Edited by ledha

8 hours ago, TheOtherJosh said:

@Rumblefish

It is _probably_ because they didn’t give the 5 Bloodwarriors in the starter Box a Gorecleaver.

And they didn’t build the options on the sprue...

Basically it is a ‘Don’t repeat the Grundstock Thunderers Warscroll issue again ...”

what was this situation?

3 hours ago, ledha said:

thanks guys, now i'm imagining bloodwarriors with 2 special weapon per guy plus the chief, and i'm crying because it's a beautiful thing that will never happen

--- in a parrallele universe ---

" hey ledha, what is your list ? "

"well, i have 80 bloodwarriors and one bloodsecrator. I may have others units, but i don't really care "

Do you really have other units though with 1600 points in blood wars? lol

I think the problem with the Grundstock Thunderers was more that every model could take the more powerful special weapon over the standard issue at no extra points cost which just made the unit way overpowered. The warscroll was completely changed with the usual weapon restrictions applied to make them a more reasonable unit and less of an auto-include for KO players. 

Even Liberators get a special weapon 1 in 5  so it doesnt make much sense for blood warriors to be 1 in 10, especially since we are otherwise encouraged to run them in smaller unit sizes for blood tithe. 

1 hour ago, phizzco said:

you can still use the special weapon in smaller units you just need to have 10 total models at least (as part of the army)

That is a ridiculously "gamey" interpretation that pops up once in a while and I haven't met a single playgroup or seen a single event that allows or enforces this.

As Warscrolls are mostly self-contained the RAI should be clear as day.

So, a big no-no. It has been debated several times on this board alone and the bottom line was always that it's not RAI. 

Edited by Xasz
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, phizzco said:

you can still use the special weapon in smaller units you just need to have 10 total models at least (as part of the army)

no, a warscroll refer to the unit itself, not all the same type models of the army. Stop ****** like that

if it was true, stormcast would do the same with their liberators, would take 2 units of paladin to put all starsoul mace in the same unit, etc etc...

Edited by ledha
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Agent of Chaos said:

I think the problem with the Grundstock Thunderers was more that every model could take the more powerful special weapon over the standard issue at no extra points cost which just made the unit way overpowered. The warscroll was completely changed with the usual weapon restrictions applied to make them a more reasonable unit and less of an auto-include for KO players. 

The Thunderers had a Warscroll which allowed ‘unit builds’ which were not supported in the parts that came in the box.

Warscrolls for units are based around the box contents... and they don’t make warscrolls for units that they don’t have models made. (Or didn't have previously existing models for.) 

This has been done to avoid the issue of unit balance and also discouraging the bits-manufacturers to make parts for the game. Which is why you see few Age Of Sigmar specific second-Party bits manufacturers... sure you’ll see bits sellers on eBay ... and you see alternate line minis for some units ... unlike 40k where you see 2nd party weapons and shoulderpad manufacturers all over.

8 hours ago, TheOtherJosh said:

unlike 40k where you see 2nd party weapons and shoulderpad manufacturers all over.

To be fair that could also be a Market share thing.

Even in Warhammer Fantasy where some particular builds were insanely hard to build out of the box if not technically impossible (like Great Weapon Marauders, characters on Mounts that had no official models, etc) there was very little in terms of 3rd party fantasy minis since there were just less fantasy players than 40k players.

On 14 August 2018 at 3:58 PM, Easytyger said:

The success of these MSU Mortal Khorne lists is rather intriguing. Many were counting Mortal Khorne as a lower tier army in AoS 2.  Anyone want to shed some light on what makes these lists viable? Is it the summoning from the MSU? The most interesting to me thing about these lists is that both Pano's and Darren Watson's lists utilize multiple units of Wrathmongers. Obviously they are needed if your going to run Bloodforged but even without the battalion they seem to be a good choice at least in this early meta.  There does seem to be a rise in the number of big monsters appearing on lists and i wonder if that's why the Wrathmongers may be a good choice.  

I would say you have to look at the success of these lists with a great deal of perspective. 10th in blackout was by Dan Ford, consummate player no matter army and he's been consistently running daemons for awhile now. Darren Watson used to own the NWGC so has a lot of play time under his belt, very strong experience level. Pano has been playing khorne since day 1 and he 'only' placed 20, I think this shows khornes true power level.

We have some very strong players still holding onto the faction, but your average player is likely to be sub 20/30 at large events.

Edited by MOMUS
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, MOMUS said:

I would say you have to look at the success of these lists with a great deal of perspective. 10th in blackout was by Dan Ford, consummate player no matter army and he's been consistently running daemons for awhile now. Darren Watson used to own the NWGC so has a lot of play time under his belt, very strong experience level. Pano has been playing khorne since day 1 and he 'only' placed 20, I think this shows khornes true power level.

We have some very strong players still holding onto the faction, but your average player is likely to be sub 20/30 at large events.

All I’m seeing is git gud, only play Khorne and sell my other armies and ascend to 1st place in 15 years with enough experience to show the true power of Khorne. 

• Haha 1