AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

On 8/12/2018 at 6:38 PM, Ravinsild said:

Who... who is Barry? Also is it The spear Exalted Deathbringer or the gouge axe one? Or the other other one nobody talks about. (Bloodbite Axe and Runemarked Shield). 

Bloodbite and Shield. Near Wrathmongers, General and Banner buff you get 10 attacks. Try and get Killng frenzy off on him twice and you are doing d6 mortal wounds to a character or monster on a 4 plus. An average of 5d6 mortal wounds! Leeeeroy.. Jeeeenkins! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Positivevictim said:

Bloodbite and Shield. Near Wrathmongers, General and Banner buff you get 10 attacks. Try and get Killng frenzy off on him twice and you are doing d6 mortal wounds to a character or monster on a 4 plus. An average of 5d6 mortal wounds! Leeeeroy.. Jeeeenkins! 

Oh my that sounds glorious, I have to try that plus that model is just fantastic.  Mould mark of the destroyer affect this combo at all?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gash Bauer said:

Oh my that sounds glorious, I have to try that plus that model is just fantastic.  Mould mark of the destroyer affect this combo at all?

Yeah, it would make it twice as good ? 

I wouldn't drop Brazen Rune for it though as I only had 1 battalion,  it's most likely over kill.

Funny AF though! 

59 minutes ago, Positivevictim said:

Yeah, it would make it twice as good ? 

I wouldn't drop Brazen Rune for it though as I only had 1 battalion,  it's most likely over kill.

Funny AF though! 

The biggest issue with the combo is mobility. If mortals had more mobility, they would be awesome.

1 minute ago, AngoraDemon said:

The biggest issue with the combo is mobility. If mortals had more mobility, they would be awesome.

With Bloodtithe points to move and the stoker,  if you deploy him centrally it's not too hard to get him where he needs to be 

16" move plus 3 to charge and rerolling that charge is pretty decent mobility wise 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Positivevictim said:

With Bloodtithe points to move and the stoker,  if you deploy him centrally it's not too hard to get him where he needs to be 

16" move plus 3 to charge and rerolling that charge is pretty decent mobility wise 

Thanks for talking about your list. The Exalted Deathbringer combo is pure hilarity.  But I was really curious about the Wrathmongers. Just good synergy it seems.  I am also a Seraphon player so I like your list building from Lustria.online (i'm still crying inside about the Kroak nerfs) but its cool to see you playing Khorne too!

Edited by Easytyger
  • Like 1

Hey guys, sorry to post yet another armylist but I'd love some feedback on this list I'm building towards. I want to have more of a mortal barbarian/oldschool Chaos Warrior theme than a hyper aggro Bloodbound theme in the army (my colour scheme is even brass/black metallic rather than the standard gold/bright red scheme). I paint alot more than I play, but my gaming circle is also not hyper competitive as far as I know. However, I've spent far too much time painting this army to have it not pack any punch at all ;) so, I'd like to hear your comments on it. 

Allegiance: Khorne

Home Realm: Ghur

Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut 140
-Artifact: Anraheir’s Claw (Realm Artifact, 6+ to wound = +2 dmg)

Aspiring Deathbringer 100
-Artifact: Collar of Khorne

Slaughterpriest 100
-Killing Frenzy

Bloodsecrator 140

Bloodstoker 80

10 Blood Warriors 200
-2x Goreaxes
-Gorecleaver

10 Chaos Warriors 180
-Hand weapons /Shields

10x Bloodreavers 70
-Ripper axes

10x Bloodreavers 70
-Ripper axes

3 Skullcrushers 140 
-Glaives

5x Chaos Knights 160
-Hand weapons

5x Skullreapers 170 
-Deamon weapons
-Soultearer

5x Skullreapers 170 
-Deamon weapons
-Soultearer

Khorgorath 90 

Battalion: Skulltake Battalion 190

Command points: 2

Allies: 340/400

My plan is to have the Knights and maybe the Juggers act as a fast anvil for the boosted infantry to hammer down on (I know handweapons on Knights aren't optimal, they're already painted though and they look damn cool with them too). For any bigger threats I think the Juggerlord can be a nice help, as his artifact synchronizes nicely with his abilities. I opted for a Collar of Khorne on the Asp. Deathbringer to further my magic defense. 

As said, not hyper competitive local scene as far as I see it but I still want to be able to dish out some damage. Let me know what you think :)

Best regards,

Bjornas

Edited by Bjornas
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bjornas said:

Hey guys, sorry to post yet another armylist but I'd love some feedback on this list I'm building towards. I want to have more of a mortal barbarian/oldschool Chaos Warrior theme than a hyper aggro Bloodbound theme in the army (my colour scheme is even brass/black metallic rather than the standard gold/bright red scheme). I paint alot more than I play, but my gaming circle is also not hyper competitive as far as I know. However, I've spent far too much time painting this army to have it not pack any punch at all ;) so, I'd like to hear your comments on it. 

Allegiance: Khorne

Home Realm: Ghur

Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut 140
-Artifact: Anraheir’s Claw (Realm Artifact, 6+ to wound = +2 dmg)

Aspiring Deathbringer 100
-Artifact: Collar of Khorne

Slaughterpriest 100
-Killing Frenzy

Bloodsecrator 140

Bloodstoker 80

10 Blood Warriors 200
-2x Goreaxes
-Gorecleaver

10 Chaos Warriors 180
-Hand weapons /Shields

10x Bloodreavers 70
-Ripper axes

10x Bloodreavers 70
-Ripper axes

3 Skullcrushers 140 
-Glaives

5x Chaos Knights 160
-Hand weapons

5x Skullreapers 170 
-Deamon weapons
-Soultearer

5x Skullreapers 170 
-Deamon weapons
-Soultearer

Khorgorath 90 

Battalion: Skulltake Battalion 190

Command points: 2

Allies: 340/400

My plan is to have the Knights and maybe the Juggers act as a fast anvil for the boosted infantry to hammer down on (I know handweapons on Knights aren't optimal, they're already painted though and they look damn cool with them too). For any bigger threats I think the Juggerlord can be a nice help, as his artifact synchronizes nicely with his abilities. I opted for a Collar of Khorne on the Asp. Deathbringer to further my magic defense. 

As said, not hyper competitive local scene as far as I see it but I still want to be able to dish out some damage. Let me know what you think :)

Best regards,

Bjornas

I think you'll have fun, I'd have some daemons set aside for summoning.

6 hours ago, Positivevictim said:

I'd rather spend my points on additional units than on mobility. That's just my opinion. The other issue with this guy is that all your eggs are sitting on a 5 wound model with a 4+ save. Poor dude is not very resilient. Seems fun tho.

3 hours ago, AngoraDemon said:

I'd rather spend my points on additional units than on mobility. That's just my opinion. The other issue with this guy is that all your eggs are sitting on a 5 wound model with a 4+ save. Poor dude is not very resilient. Seems fun tho.

You realize he 4-1 a tourney using it right?

I’m like the total opposite haha, of every Khorne player it seems. 

I’m super down to use Blood Tithe in creative ways and use (what I believe to be) the underutilized rewards to find some off meta value that can shake out a surprise tactic. 

I hate the daemons aesthetic except for Bloodthirsters so I only have Mortals period + SKARBRAND and an Insensate Rage Bloodthirster. 

I don’t play with summoning and I only run MSU because I prefer their mobility and ability to get places and reinforce, plus I like everyone or almost everyone actually getting to fight in combat (how many games have I tried the old 20 Reavers thing only for 10 of them to not even get a swing in... at which point what’s the point?) 

i prefer to push forward and make aggressive plays and I like aggressive battalions (Brass Stampede and Skulltake are my babies) but I do understand the value and power of Gore Pilgrims. 

I like to play a fast and loose rushdown style all moving forward in a wave and crushing them in melee rather than playing a patient waiting game or trying to draw them out. I also find myself often outrunning an unbuffed vanilla Bloodsecrator so I’ve seriously been considering just leaving him on the shelf and finding another way. 

I guess I’m trying to crack the list for a lightning fast Blitzkrieg style of warfare using mortals without summoning and MSU to get around quickly and efficiently and answer pressure points on the board without needing to stay anchored. 

Thats why I can’t leave home without a lot of Skullreapers and Khorgoraths and even Wrathmongers to a certain extent, and enjoy the power of the charge on Mighty Skullcrushers but I can never figure out what to do with my Battleline lmao. I think it’s entirely accurate to say I have a mild disdain for Bloodreavers and Blood Warriors viewing them more often than not as a necessary evil to meet minimum requirements. 

I’m also readily willing to use lesser used Slaughterpriest blessings and even cook up weird strategies involving them (Goretide + Slaughterborn turn 1 super charge involving blood tithe, Blood Sacrifice, And a successful blood bind to get the general in ASAP then the charges as quickly as possible). 

Im willing to leave no stone unturned in my quest to perfect my technique but it’s entirely possible if I start attending tournaments I’ll see exactly why nobody plays like this or runs these lists or these units or in this particular way. 

I think it’s also entirely possible I’m mimicking my World Eaters strategy from 40k, because if you don’t make a mad dash into melee ASAP you WILL get shot off the board, so the safest strategy is MSU put them in trucks and zoom up the board to get out and get in combat. Otherwise you’re a sitting duck and believe me T’au give me hemerroids. 

Edited by Ravinsild

7 hours ago, AngoraDemon said:

100% you use what the situation requires. 

It was a fun list, not top tier but has potential in a melee meta 

9 hours ago, LLV said:

You realize he 4-1 a tourney using it right?

I've 4-1 tourneys with 60 Bloodwarriors. Didn't mean it was good. I just got lucky with my pairing, played well and won some critical dice rolls. I very much doubt this single 5 wound model which is exclusively meant for melee was the linch pin in his 4-1 list. Definitely a fun combo, but I just don't think this is the most efficient way to win. 

• Like 1

Decided to dust of my Skullcannon again, since I had 150 pts over in my list.
Turn 1: missed a 2+ to hit...

Turn 2: missed a 3+ to hit...

Turn 3: Hit!... But failed to wound on a 3+...

Also turn 3, charged in and killed two tzaangors. And then shot a unit of skyfires for 5 wounds. :o

Turn 4:  missed another 3+ to hit. 

Turn 5: hit and killed 5 blue horrors. yay! >.> 

So uh, it just about managed to make its points back, but this is probably the best it has ever performed in a game for me so I'm starting to think it's cursed xD

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

Speaking of Blood Warriors, would they be more attractive if it was a special weapon per 5 models and the champion can also have his own (separate from the limit)? Not as crazy as sequitors having so many but at least you could pack 3 of them in a 10 man squad.

Yup, that would give them some bite and frankly make them a little more interesting. I think GW were needlessly nervous about the awesome power of 1 in 5 Bloodwarriors swinging a decent weapon when they die.

14 hours ago, AngoraDemon said:

I've 4-1 tourneys with 60 Bloodwarriors. Didn't mean it was good. I just got lucky with my pairing, played well and won some critical dice rolls. I very much doubt this single 5 wound model which is exclusively meant for melee was the linch pin in his 4-1 list. Definitely a fun combo, but I just don't think this is the most efficient way to win. 

1200 points of blood wars.... wow.

13 hours ago, Mikeymajq said:

Decided to dust of my Skullcannon again, since I had 150 pts over in my list.
Turn 1: missed a 2+ to hit...

Turn 2: missed a 3+ to hit...

Turn 3: Hit!... But failed to wound on a 3+...

Also turn 3, charged in and killed two tzaangors. And then shot a unit of skyfires for 5 wounds. :o

Turn 4:  missed another 3+ to hit. 

Turn 5: hit and killed 5 blue horrors. yay! >.> 

So uh, it just about managed to make its points back, but this is probably the best it has ever performed in a game for me so I'm starting to think it's cursed xD

I really like the model but they're so bad..... I wish they were a little better then I could justify buying them.