AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

I was thinking about a stupid list for stupid fun. I play be'lakor because i love the new model.

Allegiance: Khorne
- Slaughterhost: Reapers of Vengeance

Leaders
Be'Lakor (380)
- Allies
Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage (270)
Bloodthirster of Unfettered Fury (270)
Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster (300)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Bloodsecrator (120)

Battleline
20 x Bloodletters (300)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100))

Battalions
Tyrants of Blood (140)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 240 / 400
Wounds: 111

idea is just to throw out threat after threat

Edited by Karazla

Anyone had much success with a thirster heavy list?

I have one of each type and skarbrand. How would you build a list around tyrants of blood? I managed to get the win over a changehost tzeentch list last night with lucky rolling using all four. But wondering what people would take to a tourney if they were going thirsters.

6 hours ago, Sharklone said:

Anyone had much success with a thirster heavy list?

I have one of each type and skarbrand. How would you build a list around tyrants of blood? I managed to get the win over a changehost tzeentch list last night with lucky rolling using all four. But wondering what people would take to a tourney if they were going thirsters.

Well i think this is exactly the only way to worth something for khorne using only blade of khorne units. You can have two drop with Gore pilgrim and Tyrant of blood. I will make a list with skarbrand, the BT of Unfettered fury and the BT of insentate rage because i wan't to use skarbrand but i fear his slowliness can be a bad thing. Anyway the bloodthirster are big guyz that are dealing a lot of damage for their cost so if one get sniped it's not that bad. I still don't know wich allegeance to take because halo of blood is nice only if the bearer don't die ! Maybe with the 3 artefact at our disposal we need to take crimson crown and the one that makes you fight first on a 4+ and use the allgeance we want. I would take the reaper of Vengeance but i need to test it and my bloodthirster are all grey (and i just got cursed city to paint !)

It does not really matter as you do not want them in close Combat with their T-shirt save and their important role. 

However, I prefer great weapon because damage 2 is tempting me. 

Nevertheless, I avoid getting them close up to their enemy. 

Axe has 2” range so he might be able to hit over a screen of Bloodreavers. At lower point levels, it’s still worth getting the slaughterpriest in combat imo. The axe is also only one weapon profile so it benefits more from an artifact than the flail/sword.

Edited by Incredebilis

I have had good results with my Beasts of Khorne using 2 Mindstealer Sphiraxes as allies.  Pretty good odds of letting Khorne strike first against 2 enemy units, but you have to get them into range (12" hero phase effect).  That's the tricky part, but the cats with a run can usually get into cover and effective range for a turn 2 strike, and they are low target priority generally speaking, and with 10 wounds tough to remove with a dedicated attempt.  My Khorne recommendation for the day :D

• Like 1

I'm looking to make a semi-competitive 1k starter mortal list.

I've come up with 2 options. Which one do you think is better? 

Option 1: tanky hero, mobility, independent hitting units

Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut (160)
- General
- Command Trait: Disciple of Khorne
Bloodsecrator (120)
- Banner of Khorne (Artefact): Banner of Rage
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Reaver Blades
3 x Mighty Skullcrushers (160)
- Bloodglaives
- Bloodglaives
5 x Skullreapers (180)
- Goreslick Blades
9 x Untamed Beasts (70)
- Allies

Total: 990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 70 / 400
Wounds: 87

Option 2: maximise attacks, warrior anvil, combo heroes

Aspiring Deathbringer (80)
- General
- Bloodaxe and Wrath Hammer
- Command Trait: Violent Urgency

Bloodsecrator (120)
- Banner of Khorne (Artefact): Banner of Rage
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades
15 x Chaos Warriors (270)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
- Bloodglaives
5 x Wrathmongers (140)
9 x Untamed Beasts (70)
- Allies

Total: 980 / 2000
Allies: 70 / 400
Wounds: 99

thanks

So now that we have some of the information for AoS 3, I'm honestly really worried. Charge reactions nerf us so badly. +1 save vs us with no rend, shooting us as we charge are both really bad, not to mention the ability to move d6" away. I think that these changes will make it very hard for us going into AoS 3.
To add insult to injury, we will no longer have battlations. Dark Feast (especially in the Archaon build), Gore Pilgrims, Tyrannts of Blood. All gone. I really don't like the sound of the new rules for our army. (Overall, however, I don't think that it is shaping up to be too bad of a rule set, it is just dispropotionally affecting lower tier melee oriented armies.)

5 minutes ago, LordRhulak said:

I'm honestly really worried.

We should wait to have complet picture before worrying.

If all this info turn as being reliable, I doubt battallion would be removed without any conterpart addition.

Also, I don't think not perk would be released for Khorne.

Everybody did worry when endless spell were announced and final we get something equivalent (if not better...) for Khorne too.

Let's keep cool until we know all part of the GW plan, maybe we'll have good surprise.

• Like 1

Yeah, you're right. I suppose what I was getting at is that there will need to be some significant other rules (by no means unlikely) to stop the game becoming a game of shooting and castling (especially seeing as you might be able to win now without claiming objectives, you're welcome KO). You are right though, we do need to wait and see. I'm honestly really excited for a new edition right now.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 12:05 AM, Battlefury said:

Did we get any significant change / upgrade or whatever in Broken Realsm yet? Or will we get something? Does anyone know?

Rumours are that Major Chaos Factions will be in each BR-Book. Morathi had StD, Teclis had Nurgle, Belakor had Tzeentch and Kragnos will propably have Slaanesh (Talon and Voice of Slaanesh). If Kragnos is the last book I guess were out emptyhanded. If there is a 5th book I see there real chances of 1-2 pages about Khorne as well as a bundle-box.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LordRhulak said:

So now that we have some of the information for AoS 3, I'm honestly really worried. Charge reactions nerf us so badly. +1 save vs us with no rend, shooting us as we charge are both really bad, not to mention the ability to move d6" away. I think that these changes will make it very hard for us going into AoS 3.
To add insult to injury, we will no longer have battlations. Dark Feast (especially in the Archaon build), Gore Pilgrims, Tyrannts of Blood. All gone. I really don't like the sound of the new rules for our army. (Overall, however, I don't think that it is shaping up to be too bad of a rule set, it is just dispropotionally affecting lower tier melee oriented armies.)

Could you link the source of your information? I would like to have a look at it too :)

So now that we have some of the information for AoS 3

We do?

I'm honestly really worried

I'm not. Our book was at the front end of AoS2, and we have been incrementally disadvantaged as a result. I think that almost any system-wide recalibration to respond to inequity is more likely to benefit us than not. But I guess we'll have to wait and see eh.

Hey guys. I am a new player fan of khorne and I like the mood of a chivalry army as well (I absolutely love the chaos knights models). I never played AoS yet but I played 40k in the past. I recently bought 2 start collecting boxes; the khorne mortal and the slaves to darkness. Reason for this is that I can mark my slaves to darkness figures with the khorne mark. I made a list and I have a few questions regarding to battalions;

Is it possible with the alliegiance to khorne and having the goretide as a slautherhost, to have 2 battalions from different books?

I thought about using in a single army Gore Pilgrims (140) from blades of khorne as well as Ruinbringer Warband (140) from slaves to darkness for a 2000 points army. I hope its not a silly question! To answer this would guide my choices for future purchases and that's why I ask your opinion to light my lantern, cause I am sometimes very confused.

43 minutes ago, Thrax said:

Hey guys. I am a new player fan of khorne and I like the mood of a chivalry army as well (I absolutely love the chaos knights models). I never played AoS yet but I played 40k in the past. I recently bought 2 start collecting boxes; the khorne mortal and the slaves to darkness. Reason for this is that I can mark my slaves to darkness figures with the khorne mark. I made a list and I have a few questions regarding to battalions;

Is it possible with the alliegiance to khorne and having the goretide as a slautherhost, to have 2 battalions from different books?

I thought about using in a single army Gore Pilgrims (140) from blades of khorne as well as Ruinbringer Warband (140) from slaves to darkness for a 2000 points army. I hope its not a silly question! To answer this would guide my choices for future purchases and that's why I ask your opinion to light my lantern, cause I am sometimes very confused.

Welcome and nice to See another worshipper of Our favorite Chaos god. 

You can very well include Slaves to Darkness into a Khorne army. However, you can only include one StD Bataillon in a Khorne army, which is the Bloodmarked Warband. The other god specific bataillons can be included in their respective mono god armies. The other bataillons, like Ruinbringer Warband, are only for Slaves to Darkness armies. 

So you can play a Khorne army with Gore Pilgrims and Bloodmarked Warband, but not Ruinbringer Warband. 

5 minutes ago, Thrax said:

I still want my horses as part of the army!

Chaos Knights can be an awesome assault force in a Khorne army. The absolute best IMHO. But they need to have lances, the Knights of Chaos command, and the Undivided Warshrine prayer. 

1 hour ago, Roark said:

Chaos Knights can be an awesome assault force in a Khorne army. The absolute best IMHO. But they need to have lances, the Knights of Chaos command, and the Undivided Warshrine prayer. 

Thank you for the advice! I decided to add a lord on Karkadrak to use his command ability. Here is how it looks like:

- Slaughterhost: The Goretide

LEADERS 
Slaves to Darkness Daemon Prince (210)
- General
- Command Trait: Hew the Foe
- Sword
- Artefact: The Crimson Crown (glue everyone)

Bloodsecrator (120) 
- Artefact: The Brazen Rune (More dispells and no spell sniping)
Slaughterpriest (100) 
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy
Slaughterpriest (100) 
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh
Chaos Lord on Karkadrak (230) (Go with Chaos Knights)

UNITS 
5 x Blood Warriors (100) 
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
5 x Blood Warriors (100) 
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
10 x Bloodreavers (70) 
- Reaver Blades
5 x Wrathmongers (140) 
5 x Chaos Knights (160) 
- Cursed Lance
5 x Chaos Knights (160) 
- Cursed Lance
15 x Chaos Warriors (270) 
- Hand Weapon & Shield
(I can delete 15 chaos warriors and have 2x10 chaos knights instead of 2x5)

BATTALIONS
Gore Pilgrims (140)

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
Hexgorger Skulls (40)

Skull Altar (0)

TOTAL: 1940/2000 WOUNDS: 139
LEADERS: 5/6 BATTLELINES: 4 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 0/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 2/2 ENDLESS SPELLS: 0/3 ALLIES: 0/400

For more horses I can add 10 more chaos knights and take out the 15 chaos warriors - I then reach 1990/2000. Idea is that the Gore Pilgrim helps to buff the many horses / demon prince/ lord on karkadrak which are going to be far away with +1 atk. The wrathmongers helps giving some punch to the footmen and deal with hords. I wish I could include a bloodstocker for his whip ability.

Thanks guys for helping! Any suggestion is welcomed.

This looks like a good starting point. 

I would drop one unit of Bloodwarriors and replace them, as Bloodwarriors are... not good, so only take the minimum. Instead, add a unit of Bloodreavers, they are good screens and Objective grabbers. 

Next up, your Chaos Warriors do not fit into a cavalry army. They can be a nice anvil, especially with the +1 save prayer. However, they are too slow to keep up with the Knights. With the main infantry unit gone, you do not need Wrathmongers anymore. 

So we have saved 500 points, which is enough for 2 units of knights and a Warshrine. Do not underestimate the Warshrine. It is a pretty decent fight er and it's re-roll hit and wounds prayer is soo good. On top of that, it can learn a Khorne prayer as well and provides a nice to have 6+ shrug bubble. 

One more thing: You have to take a mandatory Artefact for a Slaughterhost. For Goretide, it is the Thronebreaker's Torc which is really good on the Demon Prince, so the Karkadrak can take the Gorecleaver on his axe. 

If you want to include Mr. Whippy you may free up points by downgrading the Karkadrak to a Lord on Demonic Mount with a Crimson Crown ( they have the same command Ability). 

You might also want to take a Look at the Flayed slaughterhost, which can Upgrade your armor and gives you another command ability for a +1 to Hit. 

Thx Salyx and Roark for the feedbacks. I must tell that its a very cool army you helped me to build. I didn't like the chaos warshrine model but I saw some pretty neat conversions for Khorne based on other mounts underneath it - now I don't know if I will have enough time to finish the army before AoS3 and a new Khorne battletome! With your suggestions here is how it looks. I followed Salyx plan because it feels right:

- Slaughterhost: The Goretide

LEADERS
Slaves to Darkness Daemon Prince (210)
- General
- Command Trait: Hew the Foe
- Sword
- Artefact: Thronebreaker's Torc

Bloodsecrator (120)

Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy

Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Blood Sacrifice

Chaos Lord on Karkadrak (230)
- Artefact: Gorecleaver

UNITS
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist

10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades

10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades

5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Cursed Lance

5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Cursed Lance

5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Cursed Lance

5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Cursed Lance

BEHEMOTHS
Chaos Warshrine (170)
- Blood Blessing: Brazen Fury

BATTALIONS
Gore Pilgrims (140)

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
Hexgorger Skulls (40)

TOTAL: 1990/2000 WOUNDS: 136

I will consider the Flayed but it seems like it's part of another battletome - I don't find the rules associated with it or I'm blind. I can mix the chaos knights together or not / they will be more impactful as 15 but forcing opponent to shoot little squads means the remaining ones will hit at full strength. I am happy as how it looks like now. Now I am hesitating to rekt the chaos warriors (still on sprue) to do some kitbashing using their beautiful cloacks or keep them for other armies lol.

Edited by Thrax