AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Hi all, my question is about the Idolators.

In Warscroll Builder we can choose the Idolator on Chaos chariot or the Idolator on Gorebeast charriot for a leader/hero.

The only way to have this type of unit is under eh Slave to Darkness Allegiance i suppose, there is no real warscroll about an idolator, we know that it is a single chariot working as a Exalted charioter, gains the keywork Idolator Lord, Héros and Priest. We must give him a chaos mark, so here it is Khorne.

He know a few blessings (for khone it's reroll hit for a unit WW 12' until next hero phase).

I'm no expert but i like to imagine a 120 points priest with decent mobility and nice combats skills and 7wounds (8wounds for 150). No dispell tought.

No bloodboil either but nice reroll hit buff.

My question is : is it allowed in a khorne army ? As an ally or directly ? Would it be the same cost and would he be allowed to launc judgement and have blessings in addition to its warscroll ?

I'm probably wasting my time here as i fear that the required allegiance to slave to darkness is what's blocking here and we have no direct warscroll for this unit.

Unfortunately, we can include chaos chariots, but we cannot make them priests. As you said, the priest keyword on the chariot is locked to the idolators subfaction, which can only be taken in Slaves to Darkness. You could include a Chaos Warshrine as a replacement though. They are tougher, hit harder and provide a good set of prayers. The Warshrines can also cast the judgements. 

Hope this helps.

What do you think the likelihood of points drops to mortal khorne units in the winter FAQ is? I'd imagine bloodwarriors will come down points, but I'm not sure what else will happen. What are your thoughts / hopes on what will change? I'm just hoping it won't be like the 2019 winter one.

6 hours ago, LordRhulak said:

What do you think the likelihood of points drops to mortal khorne units in the winter FAQ is? I'd imagine bloodwarriors will come down points, but I'm not sure what else will happen. What are your thoughts / hopes on what will change? I'm just hoping it won't be like the 2019 winter one.

I really hope that blood warriors come down, and skullteapers come down. 

Although I also have a feeling nothing will change at all lol.

Hi i searched on several topics, found some relative subjects but due to my bad english maybe i'm not really sure of the answer.

Maybe i should post it in thé rule section but it IS related to khorne units for my interest.

"Daemonforged weapons" for skullreapers and "decapitated blow" for bloodletters both tooltip is "mortal wound in addition of normal damage" on a natural 6 for hit. 

So if i draw a natural 6 for a hit attack there is three scénari :

- i successful wound and the target fail the save and i score the damage + 1 mortal wound

OR

- i successful wound but the target saved the attack and i score only 1 mortal wound but non damage

OR

- i fail the wound Roll and thé target get inflicted the mortal wound

If the target has a feel no pain toward mortal wound he roll the fnp for every wounds (damage not saved + mortal wounds inflicted).

Is any of the above IS wrong ?

18 hours ago, Perturbato said:

Hi i searched on several topics, found some relative subjects but due to my bad english maybe i'm not really sure of the answer.

Maybe i should post it in thé rule section but it IS related to khorne units for my interest.

"Daemonforged weapons" for skullreapers and "decapitated blow" for bloodletters both tooltip is "mortal wound in addition of normal damage" on a natural 6 for hit. 

So if i draw a natural 6 for a hit attack there is three scénari :

- i successful wound and the target fail the save and i score the damage + 1 mortal wound

OR

- i successful wound but the target saved the attack and i score only 1 mortal wound but non damage

OR

- i fail the wound Roll and thé target get inflicted the mortal wound

If the target has a feel no pain toward mortal wound he roll the fnp for every wounds (damage not saved + mortal wounds inflicted).

Is any of the above IS wrong ?

You are completely right. For every Hit roll of 6, you immediately inflict a Mortal wound. For every Hit roll(including) 6s, you roll to wound, your enemy has a save roll against the Normal wounds and a fell no pain save. However, there are extra saves against Mortal Wounds only (like Chaos Warrior Shields) and saves against Mortal Wounds and normal wounds (like the Warshrine save). Nevertheless, you Only apply one of them. 

Hi guys.

I am new to this forum and new to Blades of Khorne. I started AoS about a year ago because my friends play AoS a lot more than 40k.

Recently one of my friends sold me his Blades of Khorne collection.

I have

Mortals
Khorgos Khul/The Mighty Lord of Khorne
Exalted Death Bringer with the impaling spear
Bloodsecrator
Bloodstocker
Slaughterpriest with Bloodbathed Axe
Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrathhammer
2x5 Blood Warriors with Gore Axe and Gore Fist
20 Bloodreavers with Reaverblades (Have the musician no banner)
5 Skullreapers
3 Mighty Skullcrushers with Ensorcered Axes
Khorgorath

Daemons
Skarbrand
Skulltaker
Herald on foot
Karanak (named Flesh Hound hero)
30 bloodletter (One of each banners)
5 flesh hound
3 Skullcrushers

I played four games with my Bloodbound mortal against my friends various list. One was against COS two against SCE and one against Beasts of Chaos We usually play 1000 point games occasionally go to 1200-1300.

In the last four games I played Gore Pilgrims warscroll battalion and was as an extra relic giving my Bloodsecrator the banner for rerolling ones
General was usually Mighty Lord of Khorne and he was taking Goretide command trait and artefact.

In the four games we played my score is 1-3. Won one game against SCE lost others.

Now my take so far is I either use Bloodreavers badly or they are not very good. Even if I buff them with Killing frenzy and get them to +2 attacks from Bloodsecrator and whip them to fury they do very little damage and if I use them as a screen to slow enemy down they die in a turn even with bronzed flesh. Blood warrior are better they have better staying power but their damage output is also very bad.

I tried two games without daemons I used the bonus table for blood tithe. In third game I summoned two units of bloodletters and in last I started with 20 bloodletter. And those bloodletters hit a lot better than blood warriors or reavers.

I would like to make Mortals work on their own but I am not sure how to combine and play units I have.

Any ideas, suggestions you guys can give me? I am not interested in anythign super competitive but I am strugling to get them to work even in the casual settings we play. I would really like if I could make Khorne Bloodbound Mortals to work somehow cause I really like the army and it esthetics and lore.

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

@frenk_castle think of bloodreavers as a screen to protect your more important units and as a bloodtithe point. Split them into 2 x 10 and do not waste buffs on them.

Skullreapers are your heavy hitters in a mortal army and the Korgorath can be handy as well. Screen with reavers, buff up and unleash them. 

The mighty skullcrushers, with bronzed flesh prayer on them, can be really tanky but won't kill much. 

Slaughterpriests with bloodboil prayer are essentially our artillery. Maybe play your Exalted Deathbringer with Spear as a 3rd priest (remember they can do 2 prayers each per turn).

Do you have the altar? Rerolling prayers improves the priest's output massively. 

Are you planning to buy more models? If so Wrathmongers are handy for the extra attack and can do work in combat too. I would also recommend the Judgements of Khorne, especially in a priest heavy list. 

Don't forget bloodtithe isnt just for summoning daemons. Many a game has been won by using bloodtithe for an extra move or attack activation in the hero phase (and can be used in your opponent's hero phase).

If you are prepared to run some daemons, flesh hounds are an excellent screen with decent attacks and an unbind. 

Finally I am not a fan of the mighty lord of khorne. There are better heroes to lead your force such as a Lord on Karkadrak or Daemon Prince, both of whom benefit more from Goretide Command Trait as they have multiple melee attacks.

Good luck and keep practicing! 

• Like 1

@Agent of Chaos

Thanks a lot for your advice.

I do have an Altar and Judgements. I forgot to include them in the list.

Couple of questions if you do not mind?

I was under the impression that if I take Daemon Prince (I am not even sure which battletome he is) or Lord on Karkadrak that they have to be allies and therefor can not be my general? My understanding was everything that is not in Blades of Khorne battletome can only be taken as allies if it matched the allies restriction in pitched battle profiles.

What are the "optimal" prayers for Slaughterpriests? I usually take Bronzed Flesh on one and other was so far taking Killing Frenzy and Brazed Fury. I was thinking of trying Sanguination next time. I am not huge fan of Blood Sacrifice cause I do not like killing my guys. But if Reavers are just a screen then maybe it is smart to use Blood Sacrifice on them to get more Blood Tithe?

What do you think of BloodStoker? He is same points as Exalted Deathbringer so maybe he can buff the army more even if he himself is not as durable or killy.

What do you think about me playing Gore Pilgrims in a 1000 points army? I usually do it to get another relic, CP and to reduce my drops so I can for the most part dictate how goes first or second. Do you those 140 points better spent on more units?

Am I better off playing "general" Blades of Khorne and taking command trait Beserker Lord and then giving other hero The Blood-forged Armour so I can keep heroes alive longer. Or maybe take other trait and relic? I noticed that one of weaknesses when I play are MW on heros. That is also why I consider Sanguination.

Last time I played my list was:

1000 point
Goretide

Skull Altar

Mighty Lord of Khorne, General commant trait Hew the Foe relic Thronebreaker's Torc

3 Mighty Skullcrushers with Encorcered Axes and banner

Gore Pilgrims

Bloodsecrator Banner of Rage relic

Slaughterpriest with Bloodbathed Axe Brazen Fury

Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrathhammer Bronzed Flesh

20 Bloodreavers

5 Blood Warriors

For the next time I was thinking of trying
1000 points
No slaughterhost

Skull Altar

Bloodsecrator general Beserker Lord

Slaughterpriest with Bloodbathed Axe The Blood-forged Armour Resanguination

Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrathhammer Bronzed Flesh

10 Bloodreavers

10 Bloodreavers

5 Blood Warriors

3 Mighty Skulcrushers I thought about proxying them to have Glaives instead of axes

5 Skullreapers

Khorgorath

Would you think that would fare better?

As I said we usually play 1000 points games due to the size of the dinner table my friend has so I can not put all the stuff I would like.

Thanks in advance

Edited by frenk_castle
  • Like 1

@Agent of Chaos thanks for your response! As another Aspiring Champion of Khorne its great to read a collection of thoughts in one place!

Regarding Skullreapers. I have 10 of them; is it better to run them as 1 unit of 10 or 2 units of 5. Similarly I have 10 Wrathmongers, but I think they are best as 5s to spread the buffs around, would you agree?

Edited by KoganStyle
  • Like 1

@KoganStyle

First of all: Welcome to the one and only Chaos God. 

Blades of Khorne is, first of all, limited to the keyword Khorne. Almost every Slaves to Darkness units can take the Mark of Khorne and are Blades of Khorne units for army composition, even BEastmen have a Bataillon that makes them Khorne-and playable in Khorne. You can take Chaos Knights, Chaos Warriors, Marauders or Bestigor and Bullgor in a Khorne army.

Regarding the Slaughterpriests: The best prayers are Bronzed Flesh and Killing Frenzy. Blood sacrifice is in fact pretty good, it is in my opinion #3 of the prayer. I would take a Chaos Spawn for Blood Sacrifice, it is only 50 points and after 2-3 Blood Sacrifices, it usually dies and gives you another Blood Tithe.

However, consider the Khorne Judgements as well, they are brutal. Hexgorger Skulls is a must have if you encounter magic-heavy factions, and the Wrathaxe can deal tons of Damage. And don`t forget the two inherent prayers.

The Blood Stoker is a really good support unit for all Mortal Khorne armies. Some say, it is a must have. He really accelerates your units a lot and all to wound buffs are valuable, since there are very few in this game. 

I generally do not recommend taking a bataillon at 1000 points, it is 14% of your army for a faster deployment and a relic, which is worth less than units for 140 points.

Bloodreavers are no Damage Dealers, their role is to screen, die or get ten bodies on an objective. Which is pretty sweet with the Gore Tide command ability. Let them run their 6 ", charge on an objective (with as little enemy contact as possible) and score valuable points.

Khorne is basically a Beta Strike army. You put up road blocks and when your enemy charges, you counter-charge. Youcannot play too aggressively or else you will be picked apart seperately and run out of range of your buffs. Let me give you an example. Let`s say we have a unit of 10 Bloodreavers. We move them forward, let a unit of Skullreapers run after them and let them stop 1" behind them. The enemy charges, deleting the Bloodreavers (yay-Blood Tithe!) Now the Skullreapers are within 3" of the enemy, pile in and hit them without them being able to strike back. If you have enough Blood Tithe points, you can even use them to strike again in the next Hero Phase.

Did you know that you can use the Blood Tithe abilities in either Hero Phase? That caught many of my enemies by surprise, when I moved a unit or killed his unit that he just needed in his Hero Phase. In fact, I never used Blood Tithe for summoning, because the abilities are so powerful giving you a tactical advantage that is much more valuable than some summoned Bloodletters.

Which Slaughterhost you should use depends on your army`s play style. Generally, Reapers of Vengeance is best for demons and Goretide is best for Mortals, because of the command ability, the artefact is pretty good as well on any 3+ save hero. Furthermore, the General`s trait works very well on a hero with multiple weapons like a Demon Prince or a Lord on Karkadrak. However, the Flayed Slaughterhost is worth a look as well. If a unit kills an enemy Hero or Monster, it permanently gets a flat +1 to save. The Command Ability just gives a unit +1 to hit on the charge. Really good, especially with Cavalry. 

If you want to expand, you should set a course first. You got a decent basis for a Demon army as well. 30 Bloodletter can get some work done as well, if you buff them correctly. They shine most with extra attacks. However, they have 32mm bases and 1" range, so you get not many models in. The Bloodthirster of Unfettered Fury helps a bit with his command ability (pile- in 6") and the Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster can make them re-roll hit rolls in order to fish for that sweet 6s. Flesh Hounds are a good light cavalry unit, they are fast (for Khorne), have a built-in re-roll charges, can unbind and a good amount of attacks to kill lightly armored troops. On top of that, Karanak is a decent fighter and is able to summon a unit of Flesh Hounds for free. Considering that he costs 140 and a unit of Flesh Hounds 100, he is a bargain if he does not get shot early. Moreover, Skulltaker is a very good hero killer in small games. He can easily dispatch a 5-Wound hero and can put some hurt on more powerful heroes.  Skarbrand, hwever is a realy beastthat should be sent on the enemy`s strongest unit to totally murder them. However, he is rather squishy and does not fly, so he is hard to gethim where you want to have him. But when you have, he alone can decide games.

So you see, your demon collecton is nothing to sniff at. However, as far as I have understood it, you want to got full Mortal.

To expand your collection, you should get some Wrathmongers as well as some Skullreapers, as they are your best Damage Dealers. About the number of Skullreapers per unit, you will find different approaches. Units of ten are a real threat to anything on the  board. However, the enemy knows that as well and will focus them as much as he can. If you split them up into units of five, you have the advantage of more Blood Tithe and one extra Mutation attack. On top of that, only 5 Skullreapers can die at once, no matter how much damage is inflicted. Nevertheless, 5 Skullreapers quickly lose offensive power when some of them die and 5 or less Skullreapers are not that dangerous anymore. Perhaps you should just play a mix or use both variations. 

What else could you add? Some more Skullcrushers might be a good idea as well, as 3 do not do very much. If you play 6, you get the much more effective impact hits, if you play 9, you got a brick that cannot be removed. 

Skarr Bloodwrath is a nice tactical tool, as he is the only unit in a Khorne army that can teleport. You can revive him anywhere on the battlefield outside of 9" of the enemy. And every time he dies, you get a Blood Tithe point, so he is a good target for Blood sacrifice as well. For that, he is dirt cheap. 

For additional units, a look into Slaves to Darkness can be worthwhile. Chaos Knight with Lances are devastationg when they get their charge in, add some support and they will massacre thei enemies. If you want a real tanky anvil unit, Chaos Warriors with a 3+ re-rollable save might be what you are looking for. Demon Prince and Lord on Karkadrak were already mentioned, on top of that, the Lord on Manticore is worth a look too. With Hew the Foe and Gorecleaver, he can do 8 damage with one hit.  

The MVP unit of Slaves to Darkness, the Chaos Marauders are even better in a Khorne army, because they get extra attacks. The Skullreapers of the Slaves to Darkness, the Chosen are a decent addition as well. One wound less, no built- in re-rolls, but they have Rend and only cost 140 for 5.

And if you field Slaves to Darkness units, you should get a Warshrine as well. Especially the undivided prayer is good, giving a unit re-rolls to hit and wound in addition to a 6+ Shrug (an extra save that can be applied after a failed save or for Mortal Wounds). However, it only works on Slaves to Darkness, so you should only include it if you have some units that can benefit from it. 

Oh, and not to forget, the big boss Archaon. There are lists around that focus on buffing Archaon into Oblivion and sent him piling in twice into the midst of the fray. For that build Resanguination can come into handy. 

I hope you were not smashed by all this information, I hope that I couls help a little. If you have further questions, just ask ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Salyx

First of thanks a lot for the welcome. Khorne was always my favourite of the Chaos Gods so I am glad I finally have an army I can play. My mate was very generous to give me good collection on a very low price.

Second thanks a lot for the information. I want to learn how to play the army better. I am not interested in getting the best possible list cause then when I win it will be because of the list and not because I learned to play better.

Now for clarification I am interested in Mortals more. I find it easier to create a narrative for the army. My idea is, once, Magore's Fiends box arrive to use Riptooth and Magore to kitbash Myghty Lord of Khorne of my own. I named him Anron Thalgkyr. He was captured as a child by a Slaneesh Mage cult and forced to fight as a gladiator. He escaped rescuing other gladiators and is leading a warband called Chainbreakers.

I do plan to expand on both Mortals and Daemons but I would like to focus on Mortals first and learn them and expand them. Another idea I would like to do is play my collection as basically two armies. One pure Mortals (Chainbreakers) and one as pure Daemons. Probably they are better combined but I would like to give it a go separately first.

I do have one question. If I choose to add some Slaves to Darkness models or Beasts of Chaos do they count as allies? Same guy gave me as a gift his Beasts of Chaos army I am expanding. Do I have a great friend or what? In pitched battle you have limited amount of points for allies. I think warscroll battalion do not count toward ally point limit but they are still allies. Can I take mark of Khorne unit from other battletomes and they don't count as allies?

Thanks in advance I really appreciate the help and time you gave me.

Let me chime in on this, as my Khorne army consists of almost pure mortals.

A Bloodsecrator and a Priest are absolutely necessary. A Blood Stoker is also a solid buffing hero. But after that the mortal heroes really start to go downhill. One would assume that Khorne, the Chaos God of wanton slaughter, would have a lot of beatstick heroes. But sadly most of them really suck in melee. The Chaos Lord is meh, the Mighty Lord of Khorne doesn't do much either. His axe has the same profile as a Goblin Loonboss' weapon! And his insta-kill mechanic is too unreliable. He also won't last against dedicated CC units. The Deathbringers (both flavours) hit like wet noodles in combat. 

What DOES put out an ungodly amount of hurt is the Chaos Lord on Kakadrak (which - ironically - isn't a Blades of Khorne hero, so even our best hero isn't from our book...). Take him in the Goretide slaughterhost, give him the warlord trait and artefact and you have a tanky boi with a lot of attacks that can deal between 2-4 damage EACH. Add onto that the multiple ways that we can give our units extra attacks and he will curbstomp just about anything.

I also absolutely LOVE the Blood Warrior models but they are just so bad in combat. :( They are our elite battleline but have NO REND and wound on 4+. They are ok at holding objectives but if you want them to kill anything they will need support from a Bloodstoker (to re-roll their bad wound rolls) and a Priest that buffs either their save or to-hit value. 

Bloodreavers are screens and just living Bloodtithe Points. They can do a bit of damage if you give them the axes with -1 rend but treat them more like a screen or suicide unit. Use them to soften up a unit and fully expect them to die. I actually try to suicide mine as 10 guys are very cheap and getting 1 or 2 BTP early on is quite nice. 

Wrathmongers are our angry cheerleaders. They make an excellent counter-charge unit. Keep em behind your units to dispense their attack buff and when an opening comes - for example when your Bloodreavers die - you can charge them in and do damage. Skullreapers are our blender unit. They will absolutely shred horde units and can crack elite units with their mortal wounds and by forcing a lot of saves.

Taking a unit of 3 Khorgoraths has also worked out great for me. 300p doesn't break the bank and they pack a real punch in melee. 

Hope this helps a bit. May you reap bloody victories!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, frenk_castle said:

I do have one question. If I choose to add some Slaves to Darkness models or Beasts of Chaos do they count as allies? Same guy gave me as a gift his Beasts of Chaos army I am expanding. Do I have a great friend or what? In pitched battle you have limited amount of points for allies. I think warscroll battalion do not count toward ally point limit but they are still allies. Can I take mark of Khorne unit from other battletomes and they don't count as allies?

Thanks in advance I really appreciate the help and time you gave me.

On the Warscrolls of the Slaves to Darkness units, there is a Paragraph (Mark of Chaos) saying that you can give them the Mark of Khorne, Mark of Nurgle, Mark of Slaanesh or Mark of Tzeentch (and it`s for free). All the units with this paragraph can be taken as Blades of Khorne units and do not count as allies. So feel free to just give them  the Mark of Khorne and play them as Blades of Khorne units. As long as they have the Khorne keyword, they are part of the army. On top of that, all the buffs in the Khorne army are related to the keywords Mortal and Khorne.

For Beastmen (a generous friend, a nice old school army), you have to pick the Brass Despoilers bataillon, which gives all the units included the Keyword Khorne, making them non-allied units in a Khorne army. You can even use Gors as Battleline. They do not benefit that much from Khorne buffs like the Slaves to Darkness, because they lack the Mortal keyword. However, the most important buffs (Bloodsecrator, Wrathmongers, Slaughterpriest prayers) apply to them. So you can have Bullgors with 4 attacks hitting on 3s. The bataillon grants them reroll 1s to hit, if another bataillon unit is nearby and once per game re-roll wound rolls for the whole bataillon. 

So there is some compensation for the missing buffs.  

Edited by Salyx
  • Like 1

@Causalis

Thanks for the advice

@Salyx

Can you please let me know where exactly in the rules does it say that any unit with Khorne keyword can go in Blades of Khorne army? I am aware that Slaves of Darkness unit can receive a mark of specific god but only rule that allow for mixing of units from different battletomes is ally section from main rulebook. So if you could please just point me to the rules section which explains this.

For the record I do believe you just want to know where it is.

Thanks in advance

Edited by frenk_castle

Managed to get the win over some Lumineth yesterday.

Allegiance: Khorne
- Slaughterhost: The Goretide

Leaders
Chaos Lord on Karkadrak (230)
- General
- Command Trait: Hew the Foe
- Artefact: Thronebreaker's Torc
Bloodsecrator (120)
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy
Skullgrinder (80)
- Artefact: Gorecleaver

Battleline
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
- 1x Goreglaives
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades

Units
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Cursed Lance
6 x Mighty Skullcrushers (320)
- Bloodglaives
5 x Wrathmongers (140)

Battalions
Gore Pilgrims (140)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Hexgorger Skulls (40)
Wrath-Axe (60)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 151

The Lumineth dude didn't run Teclis. Ran something like this.. please excuse me not knowing the names lol.

Unnamed Cow monster
Eltharion
The bravery tranferral chick
Dude floating on rock

20 Pikes
20 Pikes
10 archers
10 archers
10 Horsies

We rolled better part of Valour up (the one where battleline needs to babysit the objective to score). He had his archers as battleline sitting on the objectives so I thought I was in for a tough game.

Turn1
I went first and moved everything up the board leaving the blood warriors and a unit of bloodreavers to babysit my objectives. He did something totally unexpected that I should have expected.... and charged his pikes into my skullcrushers on his turn.. as soon I saw what he set up I knew I fecked up. I killed 12ish of them and the bravery chick transferred the bravery and made all my pigs run away. god dammit.

Turn2

I rolled priority and charged my knights and reavers into his left flank where he had a unit of 20 pikes and eltharion. The knights whiffed somewhat, only killing 12 of the pikes, eltharion and the pikes managed to chop down the knights leaving 1. The reavers managed to kill noone. good job guys.  The middle of the board saw my reavers charge into the archers holding his centre objective managing to kill 1 of them (thanks to shining company and he cow I was hitting on 6's) and he killed 5 in reply.  I did manage to get the skulls off so on his turn he failed every single spell he tried to cast. His archers left 2 reavers alive from shooting, and 1 ran from battle shock leaving me with 1 Reaver left. The cow charged direction to come back and deal with the reaver left on his objective, but failed his charge (unlucky). The archers failed to finish of the last reaver in melee. On the right flank he moved down the board to my unit of 10 blood warriors but didnt make a charge.

Turn 3 - this turn earned the solo blood reaver a name.
I won priority again and got the axe off finally which chopped down the rest of the archers that my reaver was in combat with. He moved and took the objective. .. with a giant cow staring him down... and the floating rock dude. The skulls were set up again, few blood boils, the karkadrak on the left flank finished off the pikemen on his objective and had a stare down with Eltharion. (bit of history between these 2 from previous games).

On his turn he set the skulls off by rolling and 8. 5 units of wizards in range... I rolled 4 1's. Ouch. Rolled a 4 against dude on rock. The Cow charge my last solo Reaver and the wrathmongers who were exaclty his base size away from the reaver, god dammit. He charge rock dude to try finish off the reaver. and he charged all his horses and pikes into my blood warriors on my right flank. He had faith in his rock dude to kill the reaver and put all his attacks with the cow into the wrath monger finishing them off, then decided to attack with the horses (he can pick twice) thinking that the mathematical chance of my reaver killing his rock dude is slim (hitting on 5's wounding on 4's, 1 attack against his 4+ save)... He killed all the Blood warriors with his bravery shenanigans.  Eltharion and Chaos lord had their showdown leaving each other on 1 wound.

And to win the game

The Reaver killed his dude on the rock.  :) ... we were both laughing when this happened and immediately called the game because that meant I was gonna score that objective again in my turn if I won priority (which we checked and I won) making me way ahead on objectives.

This was one of the most fun games I've played in a while. Just throwing hordes of my things at his pikemen while he shoots from behind with his archers, crazy rolls. Was good fun.

That lone blood reaver has earnt himself a name. And my mate is gonna give me an elf head to stick on his base so we can always remember what he did.

Titarion, Elfbane

139061347_897525604351731_5127157315499733766_n.jpg

138865659_336965124053614_7492702486078498713_n.png

138580047_239501810914061_3264012993572742219_n.jpg

139688509_4939268136114586_1384562377730038952_n.jpg

Edited by Sharklone
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, frenk_castle said:

@Causalis

Thanks for the advice

@Salyx

Can you please let me know where exactly in the rules does it say that any unit with Khorne keyword can go in Blades of Khorne army? I am aware that Slaves of Darkness unit can receive a mark of specific god but only rule that allow for mixing of units from different battletomes is ally section from main rulebook. So if you could please just point me to the rules section which explains this.

For the record I do believe you just want to know where it is.

Thanks in advance

The part about the allegiances can be found in the core rules, page 17. Just google it, it is freely accessible. There it says, that units that share the same keywords, can form an allegiance

On page 68 in the Blades of Khorne Battletome, it states that the following rules apply to armies with a Khorne allegiance. So if you give a Mark of Khorne to a Marauder unit, it shares the Khorne keyword with the other units in the Battletome, so it becomes part of the Khorne allegiance.

@Sharklone

Thank you for the Battle report, always appreciated. That was a brutal, but hilarious game. And they say Bloodreavers areonly there to die ;) 

How many or what units did you have let in the end? By the sounds of it, it should not be too much..

2 hours ago, Salyx said:

The part about the allegiances can be found in the core rules, page 17. Just google it, it is freely accessible. There it says, that units that share the same keywords, can form an allegiance

On page 68 in the Blades of Khorne Battletome, it states that the following rules apply to armies with a Khorne allegiance. So if you give a Mark of Khorne to a Marauder unit, it shares the Khorne keyword with the other units in the Battletome, so it becomes part of the Khorne allegiance.

@Sharklone

Thank you for the Battle report, always appreciated. That was a brutal, but hilarious game. And they say Bloodreavers areonly there to die ;) 

How many or what units did you have let in the end? By the sounds of it, it should not be too much..

By the end I had.

Chaos lord on Karkadrak
Slaughterpriest
Slaughterpriest
Bloodsecrator
Skullgrinder

10 reavers
5 blood warriors

and I summoned in 5 flesh hounds and 10 bloodletters.

and of course. the 1 reaver and his banner. haha.

was a real fun game. had that 1 reaver not held onto that objective I was about to be steamrolled by his horses.