AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

On 8/25/2020 at 2:04 AM, broverpowerd said:

So today I ended up playing first time with Khorne and I played Kharodran Overlords. It was a new army, but needless to say I ended it having the opponent concede end of turn 2.

Yeah, DP is weak without the double fight from reapers.

Consider making crushers a 6 or even 9 sized unit. And consider jugger lord (instead of prince) to make them battleline since battleline is now important in the ghb.

@Skarband, I think Bloodcrushers are worth their points at 120, and I kinda just think of them as tankier Flesh-hounds. Neither unit will do much damage normally, although Bloodcrushers get a fair bit better at +2 attacks (eg: Secrator and Wrathmongers), because each model is at +4 attacks.  As @drkrash says, their main thing is their charge, but only in units of 6 or more. And it's very easy to ping a unit of 6 down to 5, so what do we do? Take units of 9? Gets quite awkward and unwieldy at that size... So I think you either take multiple units of 6, or just take units of 3 and accept that you're basically paying for premium, somewhat durable chaff.

20 minutes ago, Agent of Chaos said:

they're supposed to be the strongest of the bloodletters, able to tame and ride the mighty juggernauts... yet have the same profile as regular bloodletters...

A little rend on the Jugger's attacks wouldnt go astray either...

Yeah I never understood where the apparent aversion to making most of the bloodletter models actually viable in combat. Heralds in particular are incredibly disappointing considering they should be some of the best fighters out there, and bloodcrushers are close behind. I get that we have buffs, but would it kill them to give us some models that are actually good fighters before buffs get applied? Why is a poxbringer a far better fighter than a herald of khorne?

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Agent of Chaos said:

they're supposed to be the strongest of the bloodletters, able to tame and ride the mighty juggernauts... yet have the same profile as regular bloodletters...

A little rend on the Jugger's attacks wouldnt go astray either...

Yeah all in all bloodletters in general are pretty disappointing. 

Speaking of juggers, has anyone ever given thought to making them a unit of their own? Just the juggernauts without bloodletters/bloodwarriors riding them. I was thinking that you could take 3 models for 100 points or the option I like better 5 for 150  (they're about 33 points a model) Give them 3 wounds apiece, a 4+ save and take their standard hooves attack, give them some rend and 10 bravery, the 8" movement and let 'em loose

What do you guys think? I think it would be super cool to just have the juggernauts as a separate unit, I would imagine they'd be a lot of fun to play with, kind of like tanky flesh hounds that can put out some good damage

On 9/4/2020 at 12:52 PM, Lord_Skrolk said:

I've seen a fair bit of love for Flesh Hounds lately--why do people like them? 

It has already been stated that they are very versatile and reasonably priced point-wise.

Another way to look at units, is considering the alternatives and there are few to none. Namely, StD Marauders and min Bloodreavers. If you don't want either of those due to points or synergies you are left with Flesh Hounds and only Flesh Hounds (assuming the list wants to be more on the competitive side).

37 minutes ago, rosa said:

Is there something like a cool all-comers list? I am considering starting an army...

Watch this:

Generally, Khorne is a bad starter army despite being advertised as one.

Khorne cannot do all-comers (especially not on a competitive level) plus all lists tend to be rather specialized/gimmicky (Archaon setup, 4-5 BTs, Marauder spam) and always have at least one to several hard counter. It's usually a 3-2 or 2-3 army in tournaments.

Edited by Xasz
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Skarband said:

Hi i need advice i Play only khorne mortals i need strong mortal general on my goretide list i have lord on Juggernaut but its soo meeeeh

Aside from Vorgarroth (FW dragon rider), the hardest hitting Mortal generals are the Manticore Lord and the Crackerjack Lord, both with Hew the Foe and Gorecleaver. The latter is the only one with a decent command ability though.

The chaos lord on daemon Mount is also quite interesting. Not as hard hitting as crackerjack lord or manticore. But he is slightly cheaper and has the mortal and daemon key words, the buff for knights and will act as a daemon hero locus for your summons to reroll hits of 1.

Juggerlord is nice with hew the foe and gorecleaver he can deal some pain.

Its made me think this is a clear gap in the Khorne army ie a decent non unique  mortal leader in the 200-300 point bracket, khorgus doesn’t really cut the mustard.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Praecautus said:

The chaos lord on daemon Mount is also quite interesting. Not as hard hitting as crackerjack lord or manticore. But he is slightly cheaper and has the mortal and daemon key words, the buff for knights

He's my favourite at the moment for exactly these reasons. Crimson Crown is pure gold, and enables a Goretide player to actually use CPs on the Goretide command, for example. And 10 Chaos Knights will outperform any Mortal hero (or even 5 with the right buffs), so I don't even try to compete.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roark said:

He's my favourite at the moment for exactly these reasons. Crimson Crown is pure gold, and enables a Goretide player to actually use CPs on the Goretide command, for example. And 10 Chaos Knights will outperform any Mortal hero (or even 5 with the right buffs), so I don't even try to compete.

Your list earlier in the thread has inspired me to make a knight based Khorne army with the lord on daemon Mount as general.😀

• Like 2

Hey guys, a couple days ago I went over to my cousins house for his birthday and got to play my first game of Warhammer in over 6 months against my uncle. We don't get together that often, but when we do we always play Warhammer. The ancient grudge match of his stout dwarven lines vs. my Khornate warhordes was rekindled. This was my first real game of warhammer since I joined this forum, so I knew I had to do a battle report, so here it is:

Batrep 9 7 20

Unfortunately I didn't take very good pictures because I'm a moron, so there's only 2 crappy ones in there. 

• Thanks 3

Thank you for your report. Interesting list and I enjoyed reading it. Your list was a bit like Beastmen, just in Khorne ;)

Next time, you should use either 6 Crushers or 2*5 Reapers, that would make shooting your army more difficult because of threat diversity. And I would rather put the Thronebreaker's Torc on the Demon Prince. Too bad you Rolle so bad on the turn rolloffs.

Keep up spilling blood for the Blood God. 

• Like 1