AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

21 minutes ago, Slave2Chaos said:

Here’s my current list I want to try out once Covid has subsided and I can get to collecting some more skulls for the skull throne.

appreciate any ideas/input

thanks

Allegiance: Khorne
- Slaughterhost: Reapers of Vengeance
Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster (300)
- General
- Command Trait: Mage Eater  
- Artefact: Skullshard Mantle  
Chaos Lord on Karkadrak (230)
- Artefact: Gorecleaver  
Bloodsecrator (120)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Bloodstoker (80)
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
Gore Pilgrims (140)
Hexgorger Skulls (40)
Wrath-Axe (60)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 130

I am just wondering: Why do you have Reapers of Vengeance Slaughterhost? The only units who can use the RoV command ability, are the Thirster and the Flesh Hounds, that is not enough to choose  this Slaughterhost. You will be better off taking the Goretide allegiance, because it fits your army better. You will be able to shoot your Warriors and Bloodreavers across the Board, so that they are able to keep up with the Knights and get some handy re-rolls.

If you are playing Goretide, you should replace the Thirster with a Demon Prince with the Goretide General Trait and Artefact. The Prince will gain a 3+ unrendable save and +1 damage to all his weapons. Moreover, you get access to his really good Command Ability. On top of that, you  have 100 points left over, so you can get another unit of Flesh Hounds or Reavers or pump up your Warriors to ten, so that they have access to their special weapon. 

Edited by Salyx

@Salyx to be honest it’s for the extra dispelling powers and magic resistance with stuff like teclis, kroak, tzeentch and all the other magic hype I foresee becoming such a factor in the meta.

If I get to use the command ability on the thirster then bonus but I don’t see it as much of a loss when compared to the anti magic powers.

On that note I also don’t think that goretide command ability is all that good as reavers and blood warriors end up as blood tithe regardless. They are primarily used as character screens or to sit on home objectives. 
That command ability gives them speed but they don’t compare to knights with the stoker and karkadrak. I am also apprehensive to use them as screens for the larger bases on the knights as they can jam up my own lines. The knights are already plenty good at that on their own.

My other list looks to use the Goretide mortal bonus on objectives with a more Chaos knight focused list.

Edited by Slave2Chaos
Clarity

Another idea ... sensing a theme?

- Slaughterhost: The Goretide
Slaves to Darkness Daemon Prince (210)
- General
- Axe
- Command Trait: Hew the Foe  
- Artefact: Thronebreaker's Torc  
Slaughterpriest (100)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
3 x Mighty Skullcrushers (160)
- Ensorcelled Axes
- Ensorcelled Axes
- Ensorcelled Axes
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
Chaos Warshrine (170)
Brass Stampede (140)
Hexgorger Skulls (40)

Wounds: 140

On 8/15/2020 at 5:48 AM, Slave2Chaos said:

Another idea ... sensing a theme?

- General
- Axe
Slaughterpriest (100)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
- Ensorcelled Axes
- Ensorcelled Axes
- Ensorcelled Axes
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
Chaos Warshrine (170)
Brass Stampede (140)
Hexgorger Skulls (40)

Wounds: 140

It is possible to make that Skullcrushers battleline with the appropriate General. I´d definetly do this. That way you can drop your 3 units of fleshhounds. Instead I´d run 1-2 units of allied Chaos Warhounds and make at least one of those Skullcrushers a 6 men unit.

• Like 1

@Hannibal That was something I considered but It all comes down to not having enough points to include all the toys I want.

Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut (160)
- General

- Axe
Slaughterpriest (100)
6 x Mighty Skullcrushers (320)
- Ensorcelled Axes
- Ensorcelled Axes
- Ensorcelled Axes
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
Chaos Warshrine (170)
Brass Stampede (140)
Hexgorger Skulls (40)

Total: 2010 / 2000
Wounds: 133

That puts me 10 points over. Something needs to go ... but what? Easiest drop would be the skulls putting me at 1970, or I could just lose the lone slaughter priest on foot but that leaves me relying on the shrine for all the priestly goodness. If I want to keep the fundamentals of mounted knights and juggers then I could drop the Demonprince but I love his command ability and he is still a fast melee threat. Losing the 3 hounds also loses 3 dispell attempts from the collars in what appears to be growing magic dominant meta. All the Lord on Jugger offers is Juggers as battle line and a somewhat durable body ... 

Decisions decisions

7 minutes ago, Slave2Chaos said:

That puts me 10 points over. Something needs to go ... but what? Easiest drop would be the skulls putting me at 1970, or I could just lose the lone slaughter priest on foot but that leaves me relying on the shrine for all the priestly goodness. If I want to keep the fundamentals of mounted knights and juggers then I could drop the Demonprince but I love his command ability and he is still a fast melee threat. Losing the 3 hounds also loses 3 dispell attempts from the collars in what appears to be growing magic dominant meta. All the Lord on Jugger offers is Juggers as battle line and a somewhat durable body ... 

Decisions decisions

I would drop the Brass Stampede battalion, that'll give you 130 points to play with, maybe another slaughterpriest or some flesh hounds. Personally, I've played with the juggerlord a fair amount and found him seriously lacking. He's tanky, but that's about it. Of course, you need him as your general to fill out your battaline, but Hew the Foe is infinitely more useful on the DP, so keep that in mind. There's been some significant discussion on the Brass Stampede battalion a while back, so if you wanted to get some more info I would go a few pages back I'm sure it's in there somewhere.

I would suggest not dropping the skulls, they look super cool and they are DEVASTATING in todays meta, and I think they'll be especially good against the Realmlords.

Perhaps I would even drop the Karkadrak if you drop the Bataillon. Without Gorecleaver, he is not that much worth his points.

That will give you 360 more points to play with, either for another unit of six Crushers or to push the 3-man-units to units of six. 

Indeed. If I drop the battalion then the Karkadrak wouldn't be as worthwhile due to the missing artifact.

That would leave me 360 points to play with if I Dropped the Karkadrak and Battalion. I feel like I am really lacking in damage output. I could fit a Lord on demonic mount to keep some synergy with the Knights (and fit in a 3rd unit).

Belakor is always fun ...

More Juggernauts ....

Regardless, I have pretty much all chaos options(models) available to me. Any recommendations? 

16 hours ago, Slave2Chaos said:

Regardless, I have pretty much all chaos options(models) available to me. Any recommendations? 

You're kinda playing around the edges of it already, but my favourite hammer combo at the moment is Chaos Knights (lances) + Warshrine (Undivided blessing) + Chaos Lord command (either mounted option). Good movement, and absolutely devastating damage on the charge. Even Morteks just have to kiss their arses goodbye.

• Like 1

I have a competitive match coming up and have been largely out of the AoS loop for awhile now (just ordered ghb 2020). Does anyone have advice on a good mortal list?

I have a Lord on Manticore as well as Lord on demonic and karkadrak, all the Khorne mortal heroes as well as 3 priest and can proxy STD heroes. Warshrine, Slaughterbrute, 20 blood warriors, 40 reavers, 10 Skullreapers, 20 chaos warriors, 5 hounds, few khorgoraths.

I dont mind buying a unit or 2 but I like mortals and have a good run with them so far.

My idea was Goretide, Gore Pilgrims mainly to capture objectives and run screens with blood warriors and reavers. While priest hide behind chaos warriors supported by warshrine. I don't think goretide is necessarily the way to go here tho but without chaos marauders or knights I need some kinda hustle. Also I'm playing in horde heavy meta thus skullreaper squad.

Current list is:

Lord on Manticore (torq) (hew)

Secrator (banner of wrath)

Stoker 

3x Priest 

10 blood warriors

10 Reavers 

10 chaos warriors

Warshrine

10x skullreapers

Axe judgment

Skulls judgment

Gore Pilgrims

I think that put me at 2k even.

Edited by ChaosUndivided
  • Like 1

On 8/19/2020 at 6:37 AM, ChaosUndivided said:

I don't think goretide is necessarily the way to go here tho but without chaos marauders or knights I need some kinda hustle. Also I'm playing in horde heavy meta thus skullreaper squad.

Goretide gives you some more options with this list, and I think the Torc is good on a double-weapon Manticore Lord. You've got two units you can catapult up the field if needed, and decent access to CPs with (I assume) Blood Sacrifice on one Priest.

My OCD twitches whenever I see units of 10 Chaos Warriors, just coz they'll lose their rerolls to save pretty quickly...

But the army-wide reroll 1s to wound near objectives for Goretide is just solid IMO. Skullreapers that can't necessarily access the Stoker will enjoy it.

Have you had good experiences with the Banner of Wrath? I've never used it. 

• Like 1

@Roark thanks. I'm leaning towards 2x 5 Blood Warriors now to have one to screen and other to cap. The reroll 1s near objectives for Goretide is welcomed with BWs and CWs for sure.

I'm not crazy about 10 Chaos Warriors either but 15 seems like over committing. I plan on using the Warshrine reroll saves prayer on the CWs after 1 dies.

I'm locked into one priest with sacrifice and one with resanguination and torn over frenzy or flesh for last. I'm leaning towards frenzy cuz Manticore can't benifit from flesh with torc on.

The Banner of Wrath has won me games or I would jump at chance of putting Gorecleaver on Manticore. Banner turns a sturdy anti mage attack buff bubble into mortal wound fountain. Last i checked it triggers at start of combat phase before anything else and there is 2 combat phases per turn which is fun.

Hey everyone, I just bought 3,300 points of Khorne and I want to jump right in. I was hoping someone could help me out and filter through the pieces that I have to come up with the most competitive list I can put on the table with what I have.

Here it is:

Karanak
5 Flesh Hounds
Mighty Lord of Khorne
Bloodstoker
5 Slaughter Priest
35 Blood Warriors
40 Blood Reavers
3 Khorgath
3 Mighty Skull Crusher
6 Blood Crusher
Khorgus Khul
Skarr Bloodwrath
2 Blood Secrator
Valkia the Bloody
Aspiring Death Bringer
30 Blood Letters

I really do appreciate it anything in order to help me sort this out a bit. Oh yeah, Blood for the Blood God, Skulls for the Skull Throne etc. etc.

Congratulations for your Khorne army! 

You can surely make some viable army out of your collection, though not the strongest Khorne can field. 

A Bloodstoker is always a good idea to have, 2-3 Slaughterpriests are almost an auto-include as well as the Bloodsecrator. You might as well build the Gore Pilgrims Bataillon as you have Lots of Bloodreavers and Bloodwarriors.

Your collection is missing the powerful close Combat units like Skullreapers, Wrathmongers or Bloodthirster. However, 30 Bloodletter can Pack a good punch, but they need a Khorne demon hero for re-rolls. Fortunately, Karanak is a quite good demon hero. 6 Blood Crushers can Pack quite a punch on the Charge, if they do not drop below 6. 3 Single Khorgorath can become really annoying for your enemy as they are quite tough, can heal, can do some good damage and are free Blood Tithe. 

Skarr Bloodwrath gives a Khorne army a unique ability, as you can Set him up in a completely different Spot After he died, there are No other Khorne units that can "teleport". 

Khorgos Khul can always surprise your enemy with his 8" pile in. 

Bloodreavers are good for Blood Tithe, Screening and Objective grabbing. 

Blood Warriors are, Unfortunately, pretty meh. They are a rather spiky semi-tank, but their wounding on 4s really hurt. Their special weapon pushes their damage, but it still does Not make them shiny. 

Aspiring deathbringer is good for one unit of Skullreapers, as He has a small bubble and only pushes Mortals. 

3 Mighty Skullcrushers is not enough, you want to field them in a unit of at least six. However, you can still use the Champion as a Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut. 

Valkia is too fragile to really count on her. 

If you want more detailed advice, just write a list in the Scrollbuilder and Post it here. 

Edited by Salyx
  • Like 1

Hey, guys.  I have a 1-day local tournament (to make up for NOVA's cancellation ;( ).  This is the list I'm bringing.  It has been my tournament list for awhile and generally gets solid results (when I remember to play it right!), but I just thought I'd submit here to see if anyone had thoughts.

I'll anticipate the most likely suggestion: I know a lot of people drop a Bloodthirster to add Blood Warriors and Gore Pilgrims, especially to win "drop wars."  Locally, I actually do OK with 7 drops.  And, frankly, I just find 4 Thirsters too much fun to play with!

Here's the list:

Leaders
Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage (270)
- General
Bloodthirster of Unfettered Fury (270)
- Artefact: The Crimson Crown
Skarbrand (380)
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy
Bloodsecrator (120)

Battleline
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes

Units
5 x Wrathmongers (140)

Battalions
Tyrants of Blood (140)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Hexgorger Skulls (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 112

• LOVE IT! 1

19 hours ago, broverpowerd said:

Hey everyone, I just bought 3,300 points of Khorne and I want to jump right in. I was hoping someone could help me out and filter through the pieces that I have to come up with the most competitive list I can put on the table with what I have.

Here it is:

Karanak
5 Flesh Hounds
Mighty Lord of Khorne
Bloodstoker
5 Slaughter Priest
35 Blood Warriors
40 Blood Reavers
3 Khorgath
3 Mighty Skull Crusher
6 Blood Crusher
Khorgus Khul
Skarr Bloodwrath
2 Blood Secrator
Valkia the Bloody
Aspiring Death Bringer
30 Blood Letters

I really do appreciate it anything in order to help me sort this out a bit. Oh yeah, Blood for the Blood God, Skulls for the Skull Throne etc. etc.

Yeah you can definitely hodge podge a viable khorne list from all this

Karanak doesn't see much use, but he's pretty good and effectively 100 points cheaper if you can get his hound summon prey thingy off

Flesh hounds are solid battleline, they're pretty mobile given that they can re roll charges and they can put out good damage as well if they hit first

the mighty lord is pretty good, his insta gib axe doesn't go off that often, but MAN is it fun when it does (if only just to see the look on your opponents face when their Arkhan/Nagash/Alarielle/Katakros/etc. go *poof*) You can also probably get away with taking him as khorgus khul (unless you're opponents one of "those" guys), the models basically look the same

Bloodstokers are pretty much an autoinclude in mortal lists, that +3" to run and charge AND re rolling would rolls is great (especially when combined with the goretide CA)

Slaughterpriests are GREAT, but I doubt you'll ever need more than 3

Blood Warriors. Ick. I pretty much hate everything about their miserable existence, they should either get a buff OR get a solid point drop (they're basically tree-revenants from Sylvaneth but 20 points more expensive. and all the sylvaneth players are ALWAYS complaining about how much tree-revs suck and should get a point drop. I show them the blood warriors warscroll and tell to shut up and stop complaining) I guess the only good part about them is that you can run a unit of these guys with gorefists into your opponents killiest unit and watch all those save rolls tragically bounce back for mortal wounds

Ah yes, bloodreavers. On their own they're pretty much hopeless, but with some work they can actually put out some good damage. (with the gore pilgrims and dark feast battalion it's not hard to get them up to 40 attacks apiece) of course they'll still die like flies but at least they'll do some damage before they go. And hey! Easy blood tithe! (also if you use the goretide CA and a bloodstoker you can get a unit of these guys 20" +2d6 movement.)

I haven't used Khorgoraths much myself, but they look sick and probably smack and I've heard they're fun to play with

I'm a fan of skullcrushers, but to really make them work you'll probably need more than 3. with these guys it's go big or go home. (this is hilarious because I always tell people this and completely ignore the fact that I take only 3 skullcrushers in my list) also they're RIDICULOUSLY tanky, put bronzed flesh on them and they'll probably last the whole game

Bloodcrushers are kind of like the skullcrushers wimpy younger brother, they'll still annoy you but they probably won't that much damage in a fight. However if you keep them at 6 they'll do some solid damage on the charge, but they're neither as tanky nor as killy as skullcrushers though (but they are 40 points cheaper and have bravery 10...)

Oh wait you do have khorgus khul. He's basically a mighty lord but with a 8" pile in and a really cool name (which will surprise the heck out of your opponent if you keep quiet about it but this is one of those shenanagins that khorne players tend to brag about a lot so you probably won't catch anyone by surprise)

Skarr Bloodwrath, haven't used him much, but he's pretty good. It's a crying shame he's a named character if you think about all the damage he could do with the hew the foe command trait and the gorecleaver

Blood secrators are completely 100% necessary no matter what. you don't need 2 though

Valkia the Bloody looks super cool and all but she isn't really that good (she might be good in the new flying air battle thing from the GH 2020 but probably not)

The aspiring deathbringer will always have a special place in my heart because he was the first model I ever painted (obviously it looks like garbage so I now call him the "Expired" Deathbringer. You HAVE to name the first model you ever paint. It's a thing [ok if it's not it TOTALLY should be]) He's pretty garbage in a fight but he's cheap and his CA is good so...

Ever since the khorne-mower got axed (hee hee get it?) bloodletters haven't seen that much use other than for summoning purposes, but they're pretty useful for that so it's good that you have 30

All that to say, you've got a really good start for a Khorne army, and I hope you get lots of Blood for the Blood God and Skulls for the Skull Throne. As for your next models to buy, I would get some wrathmongers and skullreapers, the khorne judgements (The hex gorger skulls are GREAT) and maybe a bloodthirster, but that depeneds on if you're going mortal or daemon (or both, but khorne works best as one or the other, unfortunately

• Like 1

Hello guys,

I'll participate someday soon in a 5 games tournament, and i'm planning my list based on a Bloodbound/Mortal army. I really like Skullreapers as i find them very efficient, but i only have 10 of them. I've thought of 2 different lists, i have a lot of khorne minis, but i'm lacking on daemons (i have 30 unpainted bloodletters, a skarbrand, 20 flesh hounds, and a bloodthirster still on sprue). The tournament will take place at the end of november, so i still have time to build and paint stuff.

Here are the 2 lists i've written for the time, i'm open to suggestions and replacements.

LEADERS
Slaves to Darkness Daemon Prince (210)
- General
- Command Trait : Hew the Foe
- Sword
- Artefact : Thronebreaker's Torc
Bloodsecrator (120)
- Artefact : The Brazen Rune
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing : Bronzed Flesh
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing : Killing Frenzy
Exalted Deathbringer with Impaling Spear (80)
- Artefact : The Blood-forged Armour
UNITS
5 x Skullreapers (180)
- Goreslick Blades
5 x Skullreapers (180)
- Goreslick Blades
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
- 1 x Goreglaives
5 x Wrathmongers (140)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
BATTALIONS
Gore Pilgrims (140)
Slaughterborn (170)
ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
Hexgorger Skulls (40)
Wrath-Axe (60)
TOTAL: 1990/2000 WOUNDS: 125
LEADERS: 5/6 BATTLELINES: 4 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 0/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 3/3 ENDLESS SPELLS: 0/3 ALLIES: 0/400

Not sure about the 2 battalions, i've got the feeling that it's a lot of investment on 3 units (2x5 SR, 10 BW), but that would make the spine of my army more resilient.

LEADERS
Slaves to Darkness Daemon Prince (210)
- General
- Sword
Bloodsecrator (120)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Slaughterpriest (100)
UNITS
5 x Skullreapers (180)
- Goreslick Blades
5 x Skullreapers (180)
- Goreslick Blades
- Goreaxes
- Goreaxes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades
5 x Wrathmongers (140)
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Cursed Lance
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Cursed Lance
BATTALIONS
Gore Pilgrims (140)
ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
Hexgorger Skulls (40)
TOTAL: 2000/2000 WOUNDS: 150
LEADERS: 4/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 0/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 0/2 ENDLESS SPELLS: 0/3 ALLIES: 0/400

Maybe swap Knights for Skullcrushers ? I don't know. Any advise ?

Thanks for your help

• Like 2

On 8/21/2020 at 5:10 PM, drkrash said:

Hey, guys.  I have a 1-day local tournament (to make up for NOVA's cancellation ;( ).  This is the list I'm bringing.  It has been my tournament list for awhile and generally gets solid results (when I remember to play it right!), but I just thought I'd submit here to see if anyone had thoughts.

I'll anticipate the most likely suggestion: I know a lot of people drop a Bloodthirster to add Blood Warriors and Gore Pilgrims, especially to win "drop wars."  Locally, I actually do OK with 7 drops.  And, frankly, I just find 4 Thirsters too much fun to play with!

Here's the list:

Leaders
Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage (270)
- General
Bloodthirster of Unfettered Fury (270)
- Artefact: The Crimson Crown
Skarbrand (380)
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy
Bloodsecrator (120)

Battleline
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes

Units
5 x Wrathmongers (140)

Battalions
Tyrants of Blood (140)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Hexgorger Skulls (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 112

I like your list a lot! Very fun!

My problem with this list is that Skarbrand is the killer, the others so so...

The other point is the massive amount of magic/shooting lists nowadays (tzeentch, KO, seraphon, skaven...) and a list of monsters may have problems with that.

What's your experience and strategy with the list?

• Thanks 1

Magic is not a problem.  I mean, I imagine it would struggle with Lumineth, but I won't need to deal with that locally.  We have two Seraphon players, and their bonuses make it tough to deal with, but not impossible.  Against any other "regular" magic, this list shuts ****** down.  I've had two games where my opponent stopped trying to cast spells because it just wasn't worth it.

Shooting is without question the match-up I have nothing against...though this is a Khorne problem, not a list problem.  I'll likely go up against KO in this tournament and it will be an un-fun couple hours.  I have literally nothing: I hope for the best to survive to get in and then hope to get in some good lick before I die.

Skarbrand Is *such* a killer.  I screen him until Round 2, moving him into position.  My goal is to get him in range of the unit that is likely to be the biggest problem - and ideally with another enemy unit close by.  Buffed with mongers and secrator, and with Reapers' CA, he can dump a guaranteed 48 mortal.  The anti-Skarbrand tactic is to shoot him off the board (can't do anything about that) or to hide your good units so he can't reach them.  Generally, in the latter case, I'll use Skarbrand anyway to destroy screening units and then keep moving him forward.  There is *always* a psychological effect in rolling 3 dice and then taking a whole enemy unit off the board at once.  (In fact, the list relies a lot on psychology of fear as a whole, which is really interesting to watch.)

The other three thirsters are the tool box.  Fury with the Crown sets up the 6" pile in when charging seems unlikely and to avoid a fierce attack on my opponent's turn (so I can attack first).  He also has a decent ranged attack.  Likewise WoK has ranged attacks and a decent CA (though I rarely use it).  These two, plus a priest and doggos, make this practically a Khorne shooting army! The Rage thirster is the other damage dealer.  None of them is *bad* at dealing damage, and Tyrants keeps them scary.  They're very fragile, but at least their damage table doesn't make them suck too bad (except the Rage thirster's heads exploding - that starts to get weak fast).

Basic strategy: at set-up, screen the thirsters against charges, move into position to kill what needs to die.  Flesh hounds usually do a fast flank on a side objective as a distraction.  It usually works, but it's under-utilizing what they could do, I think.  Reavers are expendable.  They screen and then they get out of the way.  Frankly, what they do next depends on battle plan, but I never try to use them as an actual weapon.  They screen or they move to hold an objective and die.

In fact, everything on the list eventually dies.  I just need to score enough points before they do. 

For Blood Tithe, I feel like I still need to use it better.  Occasionally, I use it for a move or an attack, but mostly it sits there and I summon another thirster (this happens almost every game).  The reason for this is that I generally watch it grow to 1-2 around Round 2 or 3, and then at the start of Round 3 or 4, it's suddenly up to 7 or more.  I hate wasting it, so unless I see a clear plan to move or attack, I just summon another Rage Thirster and try to use it as an endgame clean up unit

That was probably a lot more then you wanted to know, but there it is. :)

@Hystarion I been thinking about that duel battalion list, i like it but 310 just seems deep in the hole, for as you say 3ish units, and reasonable drop, but I bet it would beat the bricks off some list. Mine has a Mighty Lord on Jug for general.

A lot of mortal khorne strength is in their synergy with various heroes and overlapping buffs. I always bring a blood stoker to move my chaff units down the field fast in order to grab objectives with killers. Anything you can do to throw more and more buffs out till you get a murder ball rolling.

The brazen rune seems like a waste on Secrator he already is an anti mage bubble with extended range, if you where to put it on someone else you could have 2 anti mage bubbles.

Definitely try to squeez the judgments in every list. You have plenty of minis to build an army that is killer and youre on the right track. 

• Thanks 1

Trying to put together a 2000 point list with archaon. Here's what I have so far:

Archaon
Slaughterpriest x2
Blood Stoker
Blood Secrator 

Blood Reaver x10
Blood Reaver x10
Blood Reaver x10
Blood Reaver x10
Blood Warrior x5 (Gorefist)

Warshrine
Hexforge Skulls

1790 points. Don't have a battalion in there yet, should I go gore pilgrims? Or dark feast? Both?

This list is without Gore Pilgrims.

Archaon
Slaughterpriest x2
Blood Stoker
Blood Secrator 

Blood Reaver x10
Blood Reaver x10
Blood Reaver x10
Blood Reaver x10
Blood Reaver x10
Blood Reaver x10

Battalion: Dark Feast 

Warshrine
Hexforge Skulls
Wrathaxe

Any suggestions appreciated.

Edited by broverpowerd

On 8/22/2020 at 5:06 AM, Hystarion said:

Hello guys,

I'll participate someday soon in a 5 games tournament, and i'm planning my list based on a Bloodbound/Mortal army. I really like Skullreapers as i find them very efficient, but i only have 10 of them. I've thought of 2 different lists, i have a lot of khorne minis, but i'm lacking on daemons (i have 30 unpainted bloodletters, a skarbrand, 20 flesh hounds, and a bloodthirster still on sprue). The tournament will take place at the end of november, so i still have time to build and paint stuff.

Here are the 2 lists i've written for the time, i'm open to suggestions and replacements.

Not sure about the 2 battalions, i've got the feeling that it's a lot of investment on 3 units (2x5 SR, 10 BW), but that would make the spine of my army more resilient.

Maybe swap Knights for Skullcrushers ? I don't know. Any advise ?

Thanks for your help

Ok both lists look pretty solid, but I do have a few suggestions

If it's possible, I would take the axe on the DP and not the sword (unless you've already built him) and give the torc to the Bloodsecrator, you can then give him the brazen rune or get rid of it and give him something else. I would consider the Crimson Crown so you can use his command ability for free, or the Mark of the Slayer, that wholly within 12" re roll 1's to hit is pretty nice. If you want to give him more of an offensive punch, I would go with the Deathdealer, or maybe because you have the sword (I mathammered out the best artefact for him a while ago but that was all for the axe) maybe the Hellfire Blade (+1 attack) or Harvester of Skulls (MW on a 6) would be better

For the Exalted Deathbringer, I wouldn't use the Blood-Forged Armor, I would either give him the Brazen rune or the Talisman of Burning Blood (+1 to run and charge while wholly within 12") If you wanted to give him a little more smack something like the Mark of the Destroyer would be pretty good.

I'm definitely a fan of 2 battalions (I am SUCH a sucker for battalions) But I would make  both your units of Blood Warriors just 5 guys, they're WAY to expensive to be worth it. Instead I would take a Bloodstoker or another unit of 5 flesh hounds

As for your second list, again make your BW units the bare minimum (I really Really REALLY hate BW, they're way to expensive and they kinda suck) That'll give you 200 points to play with, maybe add some more chaos nights, or a Bloodstoker and some flesh hounds. 

I would keep the chaos knights, but I'm a fan of skullcrushers though, so if you decide to go with the mad lads take 'em as one big meaty unit of 6 and put bronzed blessing on them. It'll give your opponents fits.

As for which list I would take, I'm more partial to the first. I like the slaughterborn battalion and I think you should run with it, it doesn't see much use but I think it should. Hope this helps!

So today I ended up playing first time with Khorne and I played Kharodran Overlords. It was a new army, but needless to say I ended it having the opponent concede end of turn 2. My list was:

Goretide:

Daemon Prince w/ Axe and Crimson Crown
-General and Hew
3x Slaughter Priest
1x Secrator
1x Blood Stoker

10x Blood warriors
10x Reapers
10x Reapers
10x Reapers
10x Reapers
10x Reapers
10x Reapers

Karanak
3x Mighty Skullcrushers

Battalion:
Gore Pilgrims
Dark Feast

I LOVE Dark Feast! Having 6 units of Reapers was a blessing because I could screen SO MUCH. However, I still did not do a good enough job. He dropped a warp lightning vortex and did major damage to my secrator, 2 slaughterpriests, and the stoker. This was so hard for me to understand, how could I not bunch them all up but also avoid something like this? Didn't make a different in the end. I was still able to slingshot the blood warriors 20ish inches into a bunch of dwarves sitting on an objective. I took it turn 1 and got my Daemonprince into charge range with 3 Mighty Skullcrushers. Also, the Blood warriors were really good as a unit of 10! Having to take them is kind of a bummer for Gore Pilgrims, but to be honest they pulled their weight. THrowing the reapers so far up turn 1 would have put them out of the buffs of the secrator. Would have been 20 attacks I guess anyway, so who knows :-p.

Anyway, I ended up controlling all 4 objectives by turn 2 and there wasn't really much he could do to stop me from holding 3 objectives for the rest of the game.
Any killing he did only fed the Bloodtithe, so by the top of turn 3, 20 bloodletters were coming down.

Changes I would make?

The Daemon Prince didn't do ******. He whiffed in combat. I would probably drop him in exchange for Chaos Lord on Karadrak. Would also drop Karanack, and the Mighty Skullcrushers, in exchange for 2 units of 5 Knights.

I was Surprised by the Mighty Skullcrushers! A unit of 3 tanked some MAJOR damage and then did work! He was definitely my MVP!

• Like 1

@broverpowerd I like that list but Skullcrushers seem wierd, they are defensive type unit in an army full of chaff. Aside from the heroes the army cant punch its way out of a paper bag.  Do you use all your blood tithe on summoning?

Karanak is kinda odd too and I don't have experience using him cuz it's a gamble. His points would probably be better spent on Wrathmongers.

I would consider swapping out DP for Mighty Lord on Jug to free up points but you lose flying which is kinda needed in Khorne army.

This list much like the Gore Pilgrims/Slaughterborn list will excell against some list and fall flat against others. For me it comes down to what kind of person im playing, if its casual between friends I would, in a tournament, nah.