AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

33 minutes ago, Lucank said:

Quick question:

Archaon only knows Arcane Bolt and Mystic Shield when in an Khorne army right ?

He can`t take a spell from the S2D book or anything like that ?!

He can only take Slaves to Darkness spells in Slaves to Darkness Allegiance. 

However, he may use endless spells from Slaves to Darkness. 

• Like 2

Hey All!  Sussing out a new army for the season!  

How are people running Bloodletters these days?  Is Murderhost still a thing?  The warscroll is pretty lackluster.  What am I missing?  Is there a way to boost their attacks?  Give them run and charge?  Get down to 1 drop?

Thanks!  (Please don't take my skull...)

I find the magic cat is a gamechanger for Reavers. What do you guys think of this?:

Allegiance: Khorne
- Slaughterhost: The Goretide
Chaos Lord on Karkadrak (230)
- General
- Command Trait: Hew the Foe
- Artefact: Gorecleaver
Bloodsecrator (120)
- Artefact: Thronebreaker's Torc
Bloodstoker (80)
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Blood Sacrifice
40 x Chaos Marauders (320)
- Axes & Shields
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Cursed Lance
5 x Wrathmongers (140)
5 x Wrathmongers (140)
1 x Mindstealer Sphiranx (100)
- Allies
Chaos Warshrine (170)
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy
Dark Feast (110)
Hexgorger Skulls (40)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 100 / 400
Wounds: 172

3 minutes ago, Skarband said:

Hi i need advice with 1250 point list for local tournament this is my beta list 

Screenshot_2020-07-28-14-33-19-720_com.android.chrome.jpg

I would rather not take a Bataillon at the Points Level. 140 points is more than 10% of your army. And you do not even have a second Artefact. 

You could just take 2 units of Bloodreavers as battleline and use your points for more killing Power. If you use my advice, that's 350 points to play with. 

Yeah at the 1250 level I think a battalion is a big spend. I think you could throw those points into some more cavalry, some elite warrior options; or even replace a Priest with a hard-hitting hero like, say, a Daemon Prince, whose Command Ability will also gum up enemy charges so your knights can pull off theirs.

On 7/29/2020 at 8:29 AM, Agent of Chaos said:

Have you had any success with it already?

Yeah for sure. Works great when battle lines have just closed in on each other. Some killing will have already taken place when I activate the magic cat, but thereafter my characters and MSU units can all have a crack at whatever unit I've neutered without fear of being wiped out in between activations. I really dig it.

Normally I'd use a Chaos Lord on foot instead (commanding 5 Chaos Chosen to attack twice before the mind-controlled unit gets to) but now that the Thermalrider Cloak is gone I'm finding him very hard to use effectively...

On 7/28/2020 at 5:42 AM, Roark said:

I find the magic cat is a gamechanger for Reavers. What do you guys think of this?:

Intriguing. Most intriguing. I'm tempted to start using the cat myself. The better question is, will you be able to paint 40 Marauders and 40 Bloodreavers without losing your mind? I would suggest finding some space for some more chaos knights. I'm definitely a fan of MSU Bloodreaver spam though.

@Skarband

I would suggest not using Gore Pilgrims in such a small list (I am a huge fan of the battalion though) I would also drop those stinky Blood Warriors and take Chaos Warriors with a Pair of Chaos Hand Weapons. That'll give you 220 points to play with. I would consider a DP as your general. Your Bloodsecrator won't do much with Hew the Foe, but the DP will. If that's not your jam, the bloodstoker would probably be best as your general in this list. With multiple weapons Hew the Foe could be pretty good.

Edited by ogarrah
Somehow posted the same message 3 times. Blaming it on my internet and not my incompetency

@Deadkitten

Bloodletters are not used that often these days. Ever since the Khorne Mower got axed they aren't used for more than a decent summoning option. Late game 20 Bloodletters, even if they're not buffed, crawling towards an objective will definitely worry your opponent. For battleline they're way to expensive so I would just stick to summoning. If you still want demons taker Flesh Hounds

Edited by ogarrah
Somehow posted the same message 3 times. Blaming it on my internet and not my incompetency

On 7/28/2020 at 3:42 PM, Roark said:

I find the magic cat is a gamechanger for Reavers. What do you guys think of this?

I think cat is great value for its' cost.

I haven't thought of a good setup for it yet.

Definitely correct to include shrine because cat is randomly mortal and can get buffed by it. Probably should include chaos lord with marauders to use the double tap before opponent strikes last.

You can tag stuff with mws from mongers/priests and then abuse the cat -2 bravery aura. In fact -2 bravery helm artifact may be a consideration for that. Opportunity cost is basically nonexistant except the artifact.

Hi guys i need your advice i really whant Khorne cavalary mighty skullcrushers are awsome models did someone play brass stampede and have some advice? my i dream about full themed army but i whant be still competetive tell me about this idea i need list on my local tournament 1250k and 2000k and i have no idea

43 minutes ago, Skarband said:

Hi guys i need your advice i really whant Khorne cavalary mighty skullcrushers are awsome models did someone play brass stampede and have some advice? my i dream about full themed army but i whant be still competetive tell me about this idea i need list on my local tournament 1250k and 2000k and i have no idea

I haven't done Brass Stampede myself, but I think the idea has merit. Skullcrushers are RIDICULOUSLY tanky, and they pack a pretty good punch too. I would suggest taking the standard supporting cast of a bare bones Gore Pilgrims battalion and the Flayed Ones Slaughterhost, I haven't used it much myself, but it will make getting charges off a lot easier. My initial list (after like 5 minutes of research and fiddling  on the warscroll creator) would look something like this:

- Slaughterhost: Flayed (Host of Chaos)

Leaders
Bloodsecrator (120)
- Banner of Khorne (Artefact): Banner of Blood
Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut (160)
- Artefact: The Slaughterhelm
Slaughterpriest (100)
- General
- Command Trait: Vessel of Butchery
- Artefact: The Blade of Endless Bloodshed
- Blood Blessing: Brazen Fury
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh

Battleline
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
6 x Mighty Skullcrushers (320)
- Ensorcelled Axes
- Ensorcelled Axes
- Ensorcelled Axes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes

Battalions
Brass Stampede (140)
Gore Pilgrims (140)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 145

So basically this list hinges on being able to get your charges off so you can wreck face. Banner of Blood, Flayed Slaughterhost, etc.  contribute to you getting your charges. I chose the Slaughterpriest as the general so he could get the re rolling 1's on the prayers artefact. I also gave him Brazen Fury because you do NOT want to be losing skullcrushers in battleshock. I used the Juggerlord as my general in the past, and to be honest, he's rather disappointing. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like he's tanky and that's it. For changes in this list I might consider fiddling around with the Skullcrusher unit size, right now I have 3 units of 6, but you could change things up a little. I also would consider finding space for a Daemon Prince, his CA is BRUTAL, and it would definitely work to your advantage in this list. The Bloodstoker would be a nice addition too. Also, before you consider a Brass Stampede Skullcrusher Spam list, a box of Skullcrushers is $100 a pop. The world needs less broke mini wargamers, so I would play some games with some proxies first before committing. Skullcrushers do have EPIC models though.  

As for 1250 point games, I don't see much there for a Brass Stampede, I mean geez it's WAY too expensive points wise, you can fit a bare minimum Brass Stampede Battalion plus 20 Bloodreavers, a Bloodsecrator and 2 Slaughterpriests for 1240, and maybe you could do some shifting to get more Skullcrushers, but I don't think it's that feasible. In my opinion Khorne gets the short end of the stick in smaller sized matches competively, our best lists (thirster spam) definitely don't work as well (if at all) at 1250, and the necessary supporting cast for a mortal army (bloodsecrator, slaughterpriests, etc.) takes up a good chunk of space as well.

All that being said, take my words with a grain of salt. I haven't played Brass Stampeded, I'm just a very opinionated neckbeard. If you want to do a full Brass Stampede Army, go for it. From a competitive standpoint, your list should rely on ****** with your opponents charges while buffing your own, as well as buffing the skullcrushers tankiness to ridiculous amounts (a big block of skullcrushers with bronzed flesh probably won't die until the end times). 

Anyway, tell me what you think, I'll be pleased to answer any questions you (or anyone else) has.

I did play a Brass Stampede on a Tournament and went 2-1 with it ( won against Stormcast and Skaven and lost against FEC). I played the Juggerlord with Gorecleaver, 3 units of 6 and 2 units of 3 Crushers, 2 Slaughterpriests, a Bloodsecrator and some Flesh Hounds. At that time, Crushers were at 180, so you might be able to fit more in. 

In game, I used the small Crusher units and Flesh Hounds as road Blocks for my big charges. The small Crusher units were pretty good at blocking, since they were able to survive a double turn. 

However, the Bataillon is not really worth it, those 2+ rolls are pretty save anyway. The Crushers are really resilient and keep the enemies away from the Objective. I won the game against Skaven, because a unit of 6 Crushers held an Objective against a Verminlord and a unit of Clanrats, while the other unit teared through their soft belly, Clanrats and the Chars. There are armies, that have a hard time at dealing with this Kind of army. These are armies who Do not have a sufficient damage output. However, armies who have the ability to Do many wounds will wreck you. So Tzeentch is no fun to play against. 

What you might as well consider is the Blood Crushers in a Murderhost. The built-in +2 to charges helps a lot in getting charges off. 

You might as well try to get a caster ( how un-Khorny) like the Tzaangor shaman to get Chronomatic Cogs off, which helps a lot, either. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Skarband said:

Hi i start to build 1250k tournament  list but i have big problem :/ i whant to use mightyskullcrushers 

Screenshot_2020-08-02-16-50-16-369_com.android.chrome.jpg

Here is what I would do: Downgrade the Demon Prince to a Lord on Juggernaut, who also likes the Trait and Artefact, drop the Blood Warriors, so that you have 450 points left. This would be sufficient for a second unit of 6 Skullcrushers, who became battleline because of the Juggerlord General. 130 points left, which you could spend on a unit of Bloodreavers  and a Judgement or- if you have them- 10 allied Ungors for screening and Objective grabbing. 

Another rather cheesy method would be to drop the Bloodwarriors, push the Crushers to a unit of 9 and then you have 240 points left to full the battleline or get something else. Perhaps 2 units of Bloodreavers and a Khorgorath. 

On 7/31/2020 at 8:05 AM, ogarrah said:

I would suggest finding some space for some more chaos knights

Yes, this. They're by far my favourite hammer unit now. They average 50 dmg against a 4+ foe with 3 easy buffs:

- Secrator

- The Knights of Chaos

- Undivided Warshrine blessing

But they need a screening unit. I would use Centigors, but their monetary cost is stupid and offensive:

Leaders
Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount (170)
- General
- Command Trait: Hew the Foe
- Artefact: The Crimson Crown
Bloodsecrator (120)
Bloodstoker (80)
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Blood Sacrifice

Battleline
40 x Chaos Marauders (320)
- Axes & Shields
15 x Chaos Warriors (270)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes

Units
10 x Chaos Knights (320)
- Cursed Lance
10 x Chaos Warhounds (80)

Behemoths
Chaos Warshrine (170)
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy

Battalions
Dark Feast (110)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Hexgorger Skulls (40)

Wounds: 176

Edited by Roark
  • Like 2

I like your list a lot @Roark. It has the 3 blocks I want: marauders, chaos warriors and chaos knights.

It´s a shame that the chaos lord has a daemonic mount instead of a karkadrak, but it's difficult to have points for everything.

I was thinking if you are not going to miss the 8" more of the bloodsecrator's aura in the gore pilgrims battalion (for the chaos knights).

Edited by cbok

@cbok yeah, I'd like to have both of those things, plus two units of Wrathmongers lol

But sacrifices have to be made, and that list is mainly about harnessing the Knights' raw linebreaking power on the charge with a very solid anvil. In fact I could give the Knights +2 to hit, but it's unnecessary overkill and I think I'll run the Warshrine with Bronzed Flesh for the Warriors instead.

Here’s 2 lists I want to try out once Covid has subsided and I can get to collecting some more skulls for the skull throne.

Appreciate any ideas/input. Especially the second.

Many thanks.

- Slaughterhost: Reapers of Vengeance
Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster (300)
- General
- Command Trait: Mage Eater  
- Artefact: Skullshard Mantle  
Bloodsecrator (120)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Bloodstoker (80)
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
Gore Pilgrims (140)
Hexgorger Skulls (40)
Wrath-Axe (60)

Wounds: 130

AND

Slaves to Darkness Daemon Prince (210)
- General
- Axe
Bloodsecrator (120)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Bloodstoker (80)
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)

5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
Gore Pilgrims (140)
Hexgorger Skulls (40)
Wrath-Axe (60)

Total: 1900 / 2000
Wounds: 124

100 points to play with, 200 if I drop the hounds altogether ... maybe load up on blood warriors or another 5 knights to throw at my opponent 🤔

and do I really need the stoker ....

Edited by Slave2Chaos