AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Hello guys, i have a STD army, but since STD allegiance is utter ****** i wanted to try to play it in khorne. The list is updated with new points for GHB 2020 as far as we know.

Goretide

Karkadrak, Hew the foe, gorecleaver

Bloodsecretor, thronebreaker torc

Lord of chaos

40 marauders

2x5 warriors, shields

10 chaos knights

5 chaos knights

Chaos spawn

Chaos warshrine

Bloodmarked warband 

1990/2000

• Like 1

So, not much has changed.

I think some ppl here are still new to Khorne, we exist in borderline depression, only broken by our occasional screams dedicated to our favourite patron.

Except for some outliners, the army has been 'meh' since forever and it probably always will be, due to Khorne/melee armies always having the potential of becoming super oppressive, if the numbers shift in the wrong way.

That doesn't excuse half of the current book being non-existent on the table, I mean the last time mortals were actually strong in a somewhat competitive setting was when old Sayl with Skullreaper bombs was around. That's now what, 3 years?

BoK 2.0 being a straight downgrade didn't help either, like, no one that actually played Khorne was looking forward to the update.

As I said, nothing  has changed, again. So it's at least another year of Tyrants + X or priest spam while being able to compete with fewer and fewer armies with each upcoming release. That's like Monday for an invested Khorne player. :D

@shadowgra If you want to move out of a ****** neighborhood, you should probable drive further than one block.

• Sad 1

And for Tyrants we have lost the Amberglaive for the Insensate Rage Bloodthirster...

In mortals we have lost the -3 rend axe for the Karkadrak.

No points change, and bye bye to our good artifacts.

Time to think a lot (or stick to Tyrants anyway 😆)

• Sad 1

😏😏

I do not honestly think that khorne is that bad as you are telling.

I mean, for sure is not the most competitive book out there but has strong sinergies, and Cool combos you can do. It is miles better than Nurgle for instance and STD slaanesh with the increase of the Cost of supreme sybarites isn't that spicy

My list there has some issues btw, i made it quickly and i do not think it has nearly enough mass to make it worth it. The battalion is very heavily costed too...

• Like 1

Hey guys, 

Since my first Army the poster boys Sce suck for quite a while, I changed to BoK one year ago to have some melee fun

When StD got a new Battletome last November/ December I considered Archaon neing quite strong in a Khorne List although his point costs are definitively very high.

I tested against Bonereapers, Tzeentch, shooty CoS, Sylvaneth, new Seraphon, Fyreslayers, FeC and Beastclaws and I must say I'm quite satisfied. 

Of course the level in my Area is not everytimes like on tournaments but most players are quite tryhard. 

The List is (I'm to dumb to insert media so I have to write it in here):

Archaon 800

Bloodsecrator 120 

Bloodstoker 80

Slaughterpriest with heal 100

Slaughterpriest with +1 to hit 100

Warshrine with +1 to safe 170

5 warriors 100

5 warriors 100

10 reavers 70

10 reavers 70 

5 marauder horsemen 90

Gore pilgrims 140

Skulls 40

The strengths are:

-heavy anti magic power with 24' bloodsecrator with RoV  artefact giving him an 2+ ignore against spells, the skulls and altar giving -3 to cast in the best case and Archaon having one 4+ ignore from warscroll, another 4+ ignore from shrine warscroll prayer and a 4+ me safe from his own warscroll (This List totally crushed the new DoT, seriously I felt with my opponent :) )

- great melee with Archaon having +1to hit and rerolling ones to hit, rerolling wound rolls, +1 attack, the ability of attacking twice through reapers. 

On top of that he has +1 to safes, can reroll them and has a very big threat range cause of his 14 move and plus 3 to charge. 

Using his command ability allows him to attack when he dies too (although this shouldn't happen) and 4 khorne bloodpoints make it possible to let him attack at the beginning of the heroes phase (yours or the opponent's) which was always quite surprising for them. 

The list is not too high drop, has some ranged mw through the priests and some screen against heavy melee Lists. 

So if anyone has some tips or comments feel free to tell me and all hail to the almighty One!!!

13 hours ago, TheHarrower said:

Here is is. :( I'll be reviewing GHB at 5:30 CST on Twitch with a couple friends if you can't wait until tomorrow. Twitch channel is Ski_Matic So bummed.

khorne.jpg

This is last years ghb...also, I don´t know if it is against the tga rules to post rules screenshots

44 minutes ago, Charleston said:

This is last years ghb...also, I don´t know if it is against the tga rules to post rules screenshots

It's not...

All of the units have a star because the changes were pushed through an FAQ + Vorgaroth wasn't even in the GHB2019 or do you have a special edition the rest of us doesn't have?

Furthermore, it shouldn't be against the rules, as the points are usually readily available through Warscollbuilder which is totally free and endorsed by GW. 

Edited by Xasz

Okay? I was quite sure that Bloodsecrator and Skull Cannon had the same point values.

Edit: Okay, so appearantly the only real change is Vorgaroth drop and nothing else to change? That actually explains why I got confused. Damn, this is a bit of a letdown....althrough, could be seen as "Army is in the perfect state!".

Edited by Charleston

On 7/10/2020 at 6:06 PM, Smooth criminal said:

For me the biggest loss is the amber glaive on the Rage. Makes me reconsider using Rage often and not wanting to take the battalion for the artifact.

Now that I think of it the Aqshy artifact that gives you 2 hits on 6s statistically functions as a +1 to hit. I guess I'll use it as a poor man's amber glaive.

다시 심판을 읽는 동안 질문이있었습니다.

'타이어의 후속 영웅 단계가 시작될 때마다'

그것은 1 라운드 동안 심판이 두 번 움직일 수 있다는 것을 의미합니까?
내 영웅 단계와 상대 영웅 단계의 시작?

아니면 내 영웅 단계에서 하나만 움직입니까?

Edited by WHYGW

3 hours ago, Roark said:

Only in your Hero phase. The "their" in the rule refers to the player controlling the Judgement.

Which is a terrible shame btw. Those wimpy wizards would NEVER escape our grasp if we could move the skulls in both hero phases.

• Like 1