AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

I'm thinking yes, go with Gorefists.  The damage is applied after all saves are made, so they can take a crapload of saves and get some 6s, and then just die off....and maybe strike with their axes anyways, isn't that a thing Blood Warriors do?  And even if they can't actually make the saves to live, they still get to roll and try to get the 6s; Legion of Azgorh spite shields work similarly.

Khorne Bloodbound Start Collecting on the way so my initial list will look this - (1740 points):

Leaders

Mighty Lord of Khorne

Bloodsecrator

Blood Stoker

Battleline

5 x Blood Warriors (Goreaxe and Gorefist)

10 Bloodreavers (Reaver Blades)

Others

2 x Chaos Spawn

Khorgorath

Battalion - Brass Despoiler

Beastlord

10 x Gors (Gor Blades, Banner and Horn)

30 Bestigors (1 x 10 and 1 x 20 all with Banners and Horns)

2 x Ghorgon (I have a Cygor too so that could be used instead of a Ghorgon)

Thematically I want it to look like a Beasts of Chaos army that have taken on some human followers rather then the other way around, although I am aware that it has to be Khorne Army and I lose all the BoC abilities. With that in mind. Where does this, admittedly not hugely competitive list, need bolstering?

Suggestions so far have been 2 x 10 more Gors and to invest in some Bullgors. I'm happy with that. Are there any Khorne units that would help too, that maybe a Khorne Army needs to gel together better - Slaughterpriests for example?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Oak7603 said:

Khorne Bloodbound Start Collecting on the way so my initial list will look this - (1740 points):

Leaders

Mighty Lord of Khorne

Bloodsecrator

Blood Stoker

Battleline

5 x Blood Warriors (Goreaxe and Gorefist)

10 Bloodreavers (Reaver Blades)

Others

2 x Chaos Spawn

Khorgorath

Battalion - Brass Despoiler

Beastlord

10 x Gors (Gor Blades, Banner and Horn)

30 Bestigors (1 x 10 and 1 x 20 all with Banners and Horns)

2 x Ghorgon (I have a Cygor too so that could be used instead of a Ghorgon)

Thematically I want it to look like a Beasts of Chaos army that have taken on some human followers rather then the other way around, although I am aware that it has to be Khorne Army and I lose all the BoC abilities. With that in mind. Where does this, admittedly not hugely competitive list, need bolstering?

Suggestions so far have been 2 x 10 more Gors and to invest in some Bullgors. I'm happy with that. Are there any Khorne units that would help too, that maybe a Khorne Army needs to gel together better - Slaughterpriests for example?

That’s funny. I’m actually going for a similar list atm. Except i run Gore Pilgrims next to Brass despoilers. Just to get the extra range on the bloodsecrator and to get a 2 drop army. As for feedback, i think you really lack Bullgors. Bullgors benefit greatly from becoming khorne, adding attacks to great axes, benefitting, with a doombull and slaughterpriest, getting to hit(killing frenzy blessing) and to wound buffs(Command ability doombull). I also think Tuskgor chariots are great here, a tuskgor chariot has 3 weapons, meaning you can add 3 attacks with just a secrator. They are also great flanking units and  have solid rules. I think running gors is a waste unless you run 20+ because of their +1A ability. If this is for a 2000p list, you miss a battleline unit. The bloodstoker can only whip mortal units and therefore is not worth taking in all honesty, unless you maybe invest in more khorgoraths and make like 2-3 man unit of khorgoraths. Same for the mighty lord, but he can be strong on his own, just know his command ability, once again affect mortals only. Bestigor are great, but i would run them MSU, you don’t benefit from running them in big groups, except for buffs that target 1 unit(like some blood tithe abilities and prayers). Just know at the same time. Units dying off faster means more tithe points for you. Ghorgons are amazing. In a nearly full melee army they will draw in a lot of attention, making your other threats feel safer. I would only run Cygors as a counter to really magic heavy armies. The point is, ghorgons will def do more, even though the cygor has a ranged attack, most likely the enemy will wittle down his hp and drop his range, on top of that he has an unreliable to hit unless, once again you target a wizard. Against 1 or 2 wizard armies(unless they are like a nagash or a tzeentch) you are usually fine without taking the cygor. Your secrator can force re-roll casting rolls, the mighty lord has an unbind. Slaughterpriests can add an unbind. You have a tithe ability that can auto unbind in case of a really scary spell and your skull altar can debuff casting by -1. 

1 hour ago, That Guy said:

...i think you really lack Bullgors. Bullgors benefit greatly from becoming khorne...

...I think running gors is a waste unless you run 20+ because of their +1A ability...

...If this is for a 2000p list, you miss a battleline unit...

...The bloodstoker can only whip mortal units and therefore is not worth taking in all honesty...

...Bestigor are great, but i would run them MSU, you don’t benefit from running them in big groups...

...Ghorgons are amazing. In a nearly full melee army they will draw in a lot of attention, making your other threats feel safer...

Thanks for the feedback.

So get Bullgors, get more Gors and break up the Bestigors. Got it. And there can't be enough Ghorgon love!

All of this list is Mortal and so can't the Bloodstoker whip all of them when in range? It would be easier if I had the Khorne Battletome I guess!

Also, don't the Gors count as battleline when running Brass Despoilers?

Edited by Oak7603

Gors are standard Chaos battleline, you´re fine here with 3 battlelines.

Bloodstoker needs the target to have the mortal kayword which the Beasts lack. He can´t help them.

I´d say use a Daemon Prince of Khorne for your last points and have fun with this army.  You should find out what you´re lacking after some games, then just tailor your lists.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hannibal said:

Bloodstoker needs the target to have the mortal kayword which the Beasts lack. He can´t help them.

I´d say use a Daemon Prince of Khorne for your last points and have fun with this army.  You should find out what you´re lacking after some games, then just tailor your lists.

And maybe get the Khorne book so I don't make stupid mistakes like that. Blooming keywords, I mean, who even uses keywords! 🤣

I'll look into the Daemon Prince too but I was going for Mortals (with or without the keyword ;) )

The Spawn could be dumped and traded for a Slaughterpriest, and the Khorgorath probably also best left out with the Beasts mix.  Unless you trade the Khorgorath for MORE spawn, and use the Bloodstoker on them.  That would be fun!

Put some wings on the Khorgorath and make him the daemon prince :D 

Well I have about £30 to spend at the moment so that's 3 x Bullgors, 20 x Gors or 10 x Bestigors if I want to build up my Beasts with models I can use with the Start Collecting Khorne or a Slaughter Priest if I want to add just to the Khorne side.

The problem I'm having is that the more I look at the Bloodbound models, the more I'm tempted to go for a Bloodbound Khorne Army completely and just run the Brass Despoilers when I want to mix the two together!

I hate this plastic addiction... said no one.

1 hour ago, Oak7603 said:

Well I have about £30 to spend at the moment so that's 3 x Bullgors, 20 x Gors or 10 x Bestigors if I want to build up my Beasts with models I can use with the Start Collecting Khorne or a Slaughter Priest if I want to add just to the Khorne side.

The problem I'm having is that the more I look at the Bloodbound models, the more I'm tempted to go for a Bloodbound Khorne Army completely and just run the Brass Despoilers when I want to mix the two together!

I hate this plastic addiction... said no one.

I'm sorry about the Gor confusion. You can use them as faster defensive battleline and they are indeed battleline. Also I know what you mean. I own a ton of armies. I already owned a full Khorne Daemon army, so for me to add some mortals and having a love for beastmen wasn't too hard to decide to go for a brass despoilers list. Just know that the way you want to run it often means you want to run them as a Khorne Bloodbound army as adding bloodbound units to a beasts of chaos army can't happen because of them only being able to ally with Slaves of Darkness(really weird but okay). 

• Like 1

Bullgors, go with Bullgors.  If you get a few Blood Tithe points they can attempt a charge in the hero phase or if already engaged attack in the hero phase....and then again in your combat phase!  I favor the great axes since the shields only work in combat anyways, and they'd reroll 1s to hit when within range of another Brass Despoiler unit already so need for 2 axes there.

• Like 1

Quick question since I believe this should work however Azyr isn’t letting me do it; if I take a Chaos Lord on Karkadrak in my Khorne army it will have both the Khorne and Mortal keyword and should be able to take artifacts from the Khorne Mortal table, yeah? I understand it won’t get the bloodbound keyword, but azyr isn’t letting me take any artifacts at all except for the slaughter host artifacts and I think I should be able to give him the gorecleaver 

3 hours ago, Dressedspring1 said:

Quick question since I believe this should work however Azyr isn’t letting me do it; if I take a Chaos Lord on Karkadrak in my Khorne army it will have both the Khorne and Mortal keyword and should be able to take artifacts from the Khorne Mortal table, yeah? I understand it won’t get the bloodbound keyword, but azyr isn’t letting me take any artifacts at all except for the slaughter host artifacts and I think I should be able to give him the gorecleaver 

Are you using a Slaughterhost? Because you have to assign the slaughterhost's artefact first. If you have a battalion you can select another artefact. Maybe that's why it's stopping you?

Doesn’t appear to be a slaughterhost issue as if I choose “none” it still won’t let me assign an artifact and if I chose another mortal specifically from the Khorne Battletome (for instance a mighty lord of Khorne) it will let me chose correct artifacts without first choosing a slaughterhost. I think at a guess it appears that azyr doesn’t apply the Khorne keyword even though the warscroll says to do so when assigning it the mark of Khorne, so for rules check purposes azyr won’t let you assign an artifact that requires a Khorne keyword. 

Which isn’t a huge deal, I just wanted to ensure I wasn’t missing something rules wise that made my army invalid

Hi,

I`m new to Khorne and was wondering if something like this could work and what would be some obvious changes one would make:

Slaughterhost: Reapers of Vengeance

Leaders

Bloodsecrator

Bloodthirster of unfettered fury

General

Artefact: Skullshard Mantle

Command Trait: Mage Eater

Bloodthirster of insenset Rage

Amberglave

Slaughterpriest

Killing Frenzy

Slaughterpriest

Bronzed Flesh

Battlelines

10 x Bloodreavers

10 x Bloodreavers

10 x Bloodwarriors w/ Gorefists

Other

5 x Wrathmongers

5 x Skullreapers

5 x Skullreapers

Judgements

Skulls

Axe

Battalions 

Gorepilgrims

• Like 2

On 6/30/2020 at 7:18 AM, theDon said:

The Plan is to buff the BoiR with the Hit Reroll from WoKB (both,one free because of Artefact and the other for 1 CP) than get the double attack from Slaughterhost on one of them.

I really like the Crimson Crown on that Thirster. It's gold. And I would just pump every CP into the Reapers command.

On 6/30/2020 at 7:18 AM, theDon said:

What are your thoughts guys? 

You're very thin on screens and units - hell, more of those quick Murderhost hounds would be good for screening and capping. 

But it's low drops, super aggressive and rich in CPs. Looks like awesome fun. I reckon a lot of opponents will panic in some way.

10 hours ago, Lucank said:

Hi,

I`m new to Khorne and was wondering if something like this could work and what would be some obvious changes one would make:

Slaughterhost: Reapers of Vengeance

Leaders

Bloodsecrator

Bloodthirster of unfettered fury

General

Artefact: Skullshard Mantle

Command Trait: Mage Eater

Bloodthirster of insenset Rage

Amberglave

Slaughterpriest

Killing Frenzy

Slaughterpriest

Bronzed Flesh

Battlelines

10 x Bloodreavers

10 x Bloodreavers

10 x Bloodwarriors w/ Gorefists

Other

5 x Wrathmongers

5 x Skullreapers

5 x Skullreapers

Judgements

Skulls

Axe

Battalions 

Gorepilgrims

I think that's a pretty good list there.  Though with the Skullreapers I might recommend that other battalion with them in there, forgot what it's called.  The Fury Thirster isn't doing much, but the Rage Thirster is good to have around.  I think the points would work out, even if you had to dump the Wrath Axe Judgement too.  And then I'd probably recommend a different Slaughterhost, Goretide probably.

Got my eyes on all of our relevant GHB 2020 points pages.

Only our ForgeWorld models are dropping in points folks. Nothing else changed. Pretty disappointing honestly.

There better be some teeth in the FAQs/Erratas.

Edited by AresX8