AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Thanks guys, looks like Im on the right track!

The Undivided warshrine prayer is redundant if I use the bloodstoker, hence the khorne prayer for reroll hits and charges seems better. Or I could go Nurgle prayer on top of his bronzed flesh for 3+ rerollable save.

Wrathmonger, Aspiring Deathbringer and chaos lord are all great shouts but I think keeping in range of any of those will be tricky.

On 6/18/2020 at 2:53 PM, Agent of Chaos said:

Thinking of ways to get the most out of the Lord on Manticore so that I might actually use the model. So far I came up with following;

1. General in Goretide for +1DMG to his sword and lance
  2. Make the lance Gorecleaver so its rend -1 base and -3 on the charge, 4 DMG (6's to wound = 8DMG!)
  3. Killing Frenzy and Whipped to Fury so the lance hits on 2+, wounds 3+ rerolling, not to mention benefits to the sword and manticore
  4. Warshrine khorne prayer for reroll hits and charges, if that fails use a CP to reroll 1's
  5. Bronzed Flesh because its annoying; and
  6. Ideally he will be in range of the bloodsecrator (gore pilgrims helps)

Anything I'm missing?

That's precisely my favourite build/strat. He hits like a tonne of bricks. Annoyingly bad command though...

• LOVE IT! 1

Bloodstoker I like because it doesn't require any rolls, it just happens.   That pesky 'wholly within' strikes again with the Aspiring Deathbringer.   What's Whipped to Fury?  Is that the Warshrine Khorne prayer?  I've not looked into the Warshrine.   Such a crazy looking model!  I might need to investigate that one.

On 6/18/2020 at 5:53 AM, Agent of Chaos said:

Thinking of ways to get the most out of the Lord on Manticore so that I might actually use the model. So far I came up with following;

1. General in Goretide for +1DMG to his sword and lance
  2. Make the lance Gorecleaver so its rend -1 base and -3 on the charge, 4 DMG (6's to wound = 8DMG!)
  3. Killing Frenzy and Whipped to Fury so the lance hits on 2+, wounds 3+ rerolling, not to mention benefits to the sword and manticore
  4. Warshrine khorne prayer for reroll hits and charges, if that fails use a CP to reroll 1's
  5. Bronzed Flesh because its annoying; and
  6. Ideally he will be in range of the bloodsecrator (gore pilgrims helps)

Anything I'm missing?

I do the same build. It’s a great one on the charge but pray he does not get bogged down in combat.

just to note it is 7 damage on the lance, the +1 applies after the gorecleaver effect.

• Thanks 1

Hi gang,

Started AoS with Khorne, and it's been my main, but haven't played much since the new Blades book came out, distracted by other projects.  I recently picked up a buddy's Khorne, and my collection has about doubled in size.  An option I now have is to run a ton of Blood Reavers, and I'm intrigued thematically by the Dark Feast battalion.  What are people's recommendations for getting the most out a horde of fun-loving, bloodthirsty cannibals?

FMB

3 hours ago, Fireymonkeyboy said:

Hi gang,

Started AoS with Khorne, and it's been my main, but haven't played much since the new Blades book came out, distracted by other projects.  I recently picked up a buddy's Khorne, and my collection has about doubled in size.  An option I now have is to run a ton of Blood Reavers, and I'm intrigued thematically by the Dark Feast battalion.  What are people's recommendations for getting the most out a horde of fun-loving, bloodthirsty cannibals?

FMB

Depends what you want out of them. I run dark feast quite often, but mostly as a way to bring lots of MSU reavers with a single drop. It's a great battalion to provide screening to your more important units while also making sure your opponent can't just totally ignore the screening units themselves. That being said I've almost never gotten much use out of the reavers besides the screen, objective holding, and blood tithe. There always seems to be something that can use the potential buffs better. 

• Like 1

I just ran a combined Dark Feast/Gore Pilgrim Flayed list this weekend.  I love how much potential the Reavers have (I could get them to 5 attacks each) and I love the fluff....

...but they just suck.

If you're lucky, and all your bubbles are right, you might get your 10 guys to roll 40-50 dice.  That will generate maybe 8 damage, which is cool for  70-point unit.  And then they're dead.  And if you don't watch your positioning when determining pile in and attack order, they may die before ever attacking.

So I agree with Grimrock: they're great screens and blood tithe.  But don't think of them as an actual weapon.

2 hours ago, drkrash said:

And if you don't watch your positioning when determining pile in and attack order, they may die before ever attacking.

@Fireymonkeyboy

Personally I've come to the conclusion that a Sphiranx ally is almost essential if you want to run Dark Feast and have Bloodreavers actually do any important killing throughout the game.

Edited by Roark
  • Like 1

Just finished my 18 bloodcrushers and skullmaster...

Hows my bloodhunt?

Allegiance: Khorne
- Slaughterhost: The Bloodlords
Mortal Realm: Ghyran
Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster (300)
- General
- Command Trait: Mage Eater
- Artefact: The Crimson Crown
Karanak (140)
Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage (270)
- Artefact: Skullshard Mantle
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
Blood Hunt (120)
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 145

20200625_154150.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

If you want to play this Bataillon, this is a good way to do that. If you are looking for an efficient build, the Murderhost would be a great idea. The +2 to Charge really helps a lot in getting the Mortal wounds in. Fürther more, you should think about taking units of 9 Crushers. If you only play 6, they will Lose their D3 impact Hits when they Lose one model. 4 wounds against a 4+ save is very doable for most armies. A unit of 9 is definately another Story. They are a force you should never mess up with. 

• Thanks 1

Having those bigger units is something I've come around to.  Those extra benefits too easily go out the window for smaller units, like Chaos Warriors for example, or Gors even.  Also if you can buff their charges to be all but guaranteed, they can activate once and simultaneously attack multiple enemies, hopefully getting them down a bracket or two before they strike.

Hello everyone, 

I have two list that to which I would like to know what you think 

Leaders

Bloodsecrator (120)

Bloodstoker (80)

Mighty Lord of Khorne (140)

- General

Slaughterpriest (100)

Aspiring Deathbringer (80)

- Bloodaxe and Wrath Hammer

Slaughterpriest (100)

Battleline

10 x Blood Warriors (200)

- Goreaxes

- Goreaxes

- Goreaxes

- Goreaxes

40 x Bloodreavers (240)

- Reaver Blades

Units

2 x Khorgoraths (200)

Battalions

Gore Pilgrims (140)

Extra Command Points: 1

Wounds: 169

and 

Leaders

Mighty Lord of Khorne (140)

- General

Bloodsecrator (120)

Bloodstoker (80)

Chaos Lord on Karkadrak (250)

Battleline

- Goreaxes

- Goreaxes

40 x Bloodreavers (240)

- Reaver Blades

10 x Chaos Warriors (200)

- Hand Weapon & Shield

10 x Chaos Warriors (200)

- Hand Weapon & Shield

Units

5 x Chaos Knights (180)

- Ensorcelled Weapons

5 x Chaos Knights (180)

- Ensorcelled Weapons

Total: 1990 / 2000

Extra Command Points: 0

Wounds 175

I'm looking at expanding my Chaos army which at the moment is about 1500pts of BoC. I can put a lot of that into the Brass Despoilers battalion (2xGhorgon, 1xBeastLord,  30 Bestigors, 10 Gors) so they have the Khorne keyword so I'm just wondering what could be good options to look at next.

I'm not after a competitive list, just a fun one that looks interesting and I'm not looking for a complete Khorne Army either as such, more one that thematically  looks like a Beast of Chaos army with some Khorne hangers on. I'll need battleline and it would be great if I could a Blood thirster type/size model too.

I don't have the Khorne battletome, or any idea really of what would be good. Any suggestions for battleine/centrepiece units that would fit with this theme and makes it all work, and also, what do I need to be aware of when adding BoC to Khorne in this way?

• Like 1

On 6/27/2020 at 1:05 PM, Louis wehrlen said:

Hello everyone, 

I have two list that to which I would like to know what you think

The first list is just weak, you're very pillow-fisted.

The second is better because of knights and karkadrak, but chaos warriors are weak scroll, the less you take them the better.

On 6/25/2020 at 11:59 AM, backslide said:

Just finished my 18 bloodcrushers and skullmaster...

Hows my bloodhunt?

- Slaughterhost: The Bloodlords
Mortal Realm: Ghyran
Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster (300)
- General
- Command Trait: Mage Eater
- Artefact: The Crimson Crown
Karanak (140)
Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage (270)
- Artefact: Skullshard Mantle
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
Blood Hunt (120)
Extra Command Point (50)

Extra Command Points: 2
Wounds: 145

I think it would be better as Murderhost or Blood host. Crushers really want some help charging.

On 6/28/2020 at 1:32 AM, Oak7603 said:

I'm looking at expanding my Chaos army which at the moment is about 1500pts of BoC. I can put a lot of that into the Brass Despoilers battalion (2xGhorgon, 1xBeastLord,  30 Bestigors, 10 Gors) so they have the Khorne keyword so I'm just wondering what could be good options to look at next.

I'm not after a competitive list, just a fun one that looks interesting and I'm not looking for a complete Khorne Army either as such, more one that thematically  looks like a Beast of Chaos army with some Khorne hangers on. I'll need battleline and it would be great if I could a Blood thirster type/size model too.

I don't have the Khorne battletome, or any idea really of what would be good. Any suggestions for battleine/centrepiece units that would fit with this theme and makes it all work, and also, what do I need to be aware of when adding BoC to Khorne in this way?

I too have the Beasts as my core Chaos army.  For starters I recommend getting another 2 units of 10 Gors.  Then no matter what Chaos god you want to use them with, or for straight up BoC, you'll have your Battleline covered.  

For Beasts of Khorne, I like to run my Bestigors as minimum units of 10 to take max advantage of the Brass Despoilers rules.  I also like to run at least 1 if not 2 Bloodsecrators.  Slaughterpriest if you can fit them, but a Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage is always a good one to have.  I like Bullgors and with extra attacks from the Bloodsecrator, and the Slaugherpriests giving them +1 to hit (Killing Frenzy) and luring enemies closer with Bloodbind they get really nice and choppy :D

I think if you can fit a Ghorgon and the Bloodthirster, and then a unit of Bullgors in there, that's a great multiple scary threat overload giving your enemy important choices to make.  Also get a Mindstealer Sphiranx cat as an ally, very very good for every Chaos army and it is an animal afterall...

In case you wanted to go Tzeentch Beasts, Fatemaster(s) and Bullgors and a Bray Shaman and/or Shaggoth are good to have.  For Nurgle, a Great Unclean One and Bray Shaman, probably all set with those then, after more Gors that is.

• Thanks 1

Guys  I just finished my new list.

Slaughterhost: Reapers of Vengeance

Extra Command Point Purchased (50pts)

Leaders

Bloodmaster

Bloodsecrator

General

Artefact: Skullshard Mantle

Command Trait: Mage Eater

Bloodthirster of insenset Rage

Bloodthirster of insenset Rage

Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster

Artefact: The Crimson Crown

Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster

Artefact: Khartoth of Bloodhunger 

Battlelines

Flesh Hounds

Quantity: 5

Upgrade: GORE HOUNDS

Flesh Hounds

Flesh Hounds

Battalions 

Murderhost

Tyrants of Blood

Total 1990pts - 3 Drops - 3 CP

The Plan is to buff the BoiR with the Hit Reroll from WoKB (both,one free because of Artefact and the other for 1 CP) than get the double attack from Slaughterhost on one of them.

You can get the full combo 3 turns with your CPs.

I will test this list next weekend on a tournament. What are your thoughts guys? 

Edited by theDon
  • Like 1

What's the take on Blood Warriors weapon options nowadays? I understand the champion shouldn't be taking the glaive anymore, but what about the default options. The gorefist now hits back mortal wounds on an unmodified 6 save roll, while the axes still function the same. It means the gorefist are now better than they were before, but the axes are still in the same state. Are the gorefist now actually the better choice?

Edited by That Guy