AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

8 hours ago, kahadin said:

My intuition tells me that since our blood tithe is so marginal we don't pay a points premium for it.

I don't know if that's actually true, but I don't like what happened to Slaves to Darkness. There units got  slight boost and their points went through the roof. I'd hate for something like that to happen to Khorne.

Take a look at how big waagh works and the changes orruks got. Really good mechanics and changes that bring them a much needed buff.

Khorne players may have help on the way with new campaign book and the mini sub factions/battalions. It is to remain to be seen if they will be legal in match play.

Im going Ogors for this new season, but when Mortals get buffed or tweaked I’d consider coming back! 

Hi guys, I have a little question! I see Gore Pilgrims beeing played quite a lot recently. How does it come? It the bonus to Secrator Range really so important? Or are there any other reasons? I play for a longer time using Slaughterborn and was a bit confused as I tought Pilgrims are kind of...bad since the new tome. Thanks for explaining!

Do you guys have any hopes for the Khorne stuff that's coming in Wrath of the Everchosen?

I have a feeling the battalions might be remakes of the old everchosen battalions. I'm nor sure what they will do with the subfactions. I would like to see them make certain units khorne while in the subfaction. For Example maybe make some beasts of chaos units or monsters are always khorne if you take them in a certain subfaction.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kahadin said:

Do you guys have any hopes for the Khorne stuff that's coming in Wrath of the Everchosen?

None whatsoever... which means I may be pleasantly surprised! Has anything been hinted at beyond a Khorne battalion?

I'd love to see a battalion that binds units simply through the Khorne keyword (eg: Bloodbound, Khorne Mortals and Monsters) but I don't hold hope for that.

To be honest though, any battalion that includes more units, or more flexible units, would be great.

Based on their position in the table of contents, right below the new daemon specific allegiance, I'm guessing it'll be a daemon specific battalion. Otherwise I wouldn't be surprised to see a sort of mirror of the slaves version. Something like a bloodthirster and 8 khorne daemon units, or maybe archaon and 8 khorne daemon units.

I'm actually super curious to see what they do for a combined daemon allegiance. It's not like fantasy where everything could play together cleanly, all the warscrolls are so keyword focused there just doesn't seem like much incentive to play daemons from different gods together. I'm having trouble imagining them coming up with something that's better than the internal synergy that each individual faction has. 

12 hours ago, kahadin said:

I have a feeling the battalions might be remakes of the old everchosen battalions. I'm nor sure what they will do with the subfactions. I would like to see them make certain units khorne while in the subfaction. For Example maybe make some beasts of chaos units or monsters are always khorne if you take them in a certain subfaction.

I expect a demon battalion usable in Khorne allegiance and 2 new subfactions which may or may not be good, but it's hard to be worse than Khorne mortal factions already.

New to thread and new to Khorne  so apologies if I missed a similar discussion earlier.

With a Tzeentch list soon to join our local gaming group was exploring Khorne’s myriad ways to make Wizards miserable and came up with following:

Slaughterhost: Bloodlords (know Reapers more anti-Wizard but felt I may need the first activation and extra 4” movement for WoK)

Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster (General)
- Halo of Blood

- Slaughter’s Thirst

Bloodsecrator

- Blood-forged Armor

Slaughterpriest

- Killing Frenzy

Slaughterpriest

- Bronzed Flesh

Slaughterpriest

-Resaguination

Mighty Lord of Khorne

-Mark of the Destroyer

5x Flesh Hounds

5x Flesh Hounds

5x Flesh Hounds

40x Bloodreavers

5x Blood Warriors

Karanak

Gore Pilgrims Battalion

Blood Hunt Battalion

Hexgorger Skulls

Wrath-Axe

Gives me a ridiculous number of unbinds, at least a couple of which have bonuses.  Khorne already limits the amount of Summoning Points Tzeentch will get.  Just not sure how well this list will hold up.

Second question goes to whether the Blood Tithe unbind can be used after the Tzeentch player has spent Destiny Dice?

14 hours ago, kahadin said:

Give me a allegiance which give aura of khorne (sf std battletome) to a khorne mortal/bloodbound army and i'm ok. I literally ask for nothing else.

For demons, an allegiance making blood thrones priests or bloodsecrator-like would be super cool as well

And, feeling crazy here, a reliable way to have run+charge or fight first/twice for khorne armies, outside of very specific combo (such as goretide or the tyrants)

Edited by ledha
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys, I've only been playing Khorne for a couple of months, and after some games I've pretty much settled on this list, as I think it has some potential. I use the Goretide command ability to run MSU Bloodreavers all over the table, and I can get one unit up to 41 attacks with the Dark Feast battalion ability and the +8" to the Bloodsecrators buffs pretty easily. Using the 'Reavers, I tie my opponents best units up while doing some serious damage. I've found that this list establishes good board control, and that my opponents have a tough time dealing with all the Bloodreavers running everywhere. I'm open to any suggestions on how to improve this list, and if you guys have any questions about how I run it on the table feel free to ask. Any advice is appreciated, thank you!

Allegiance: Khorne
- Slaughterhost: The Goretide
Mortal Realm: Aqshy

Leaders
Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut (160)
- General
- Trait: Hew the Foe
- Artefact: Thermalrider Cloak
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Artefact: The Brazen Rune
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy
Bloodsecrator (120)
- Artefact: Thronebreaker's Torc
Bloodstoker (80)

Battleline
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes
- 1x Goreglaives
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
6 x Mighty Skullcrushers (320)
- Ensorcelled Axes

Units
5 x Skullreapers (180)
- Daemonblades
- 1x Soultearers
5 x Wrathmongers (140)

Battalions
Dark Feast (110)
Gore Pilgrims (140)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 156

17 hours ago, Beer & Pretzels Gamer said:

New to thread and new to Khorne  so apologies if I missed a similar discussion earlier.

With a Tzeentch list soon to join our local gaming group was exploring Khorne’s myriad ways to make Wizards miserable and came up with following:

Slaughterhost: Bloodlords (know Reapers more anti-Wizard but felt I may need the first activation and extra 4” movement for WoK)

Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster (General)
- Halo of Blood

- Slaughter’s Thirst

Bloodsecrator

- Blood-forged Armor

Slaughterpriest

- Killing Frenzy

Slaughterpriest

- Bronzed Flesh

Slaughterpriest

-Resaguination

Mighty Lord of Khorne

-Mark of the Destroyer

5x Flesh Hounds

5x Flesh Hounds

5x Flesh Hounds

40x Bloodreavers

5x Blood Warriors

Karanak

Gore Pilgrims Battalion

Blood Hunt Battalion

Hexgorger Skulls

Wrath-Axe

Gives me a ridiculous number of unbinds, at least a couple of which have bonuses.  Khorne already limits the amount of Summoning Points Tzeentch will get.  Just not sure how well this list will hold up.

Second question goes to whether the Blood Tithe unbind can be used after the Tzeentch player has spent Destiny Dice?

Like you mentioned, Reapers of Vengeance is the way to go. I’d recommend taking Reapers, dropping the third priest with resaguination, the mighty lord and the wrath axe. Pick up a Bloodthirster of Insensate rage and drop the Khartoth the Bloodhunger on him. Then you would still get your aplha strike on a 4+ In the combat phase. 

Then you’ve got a few more wounds, another greater daemon for locus on those hounds and Leave none alive plus some serious damage. Mighty lord doesn’t typically do much.

Not 100% sure on the unbind. It depends if the spell is “cast” on a successful cast before the destiny dice is used. If the roll/reroll from loathsome sorcery, fails then they use a destiny dice then I’d argue the bloodtithe unbind would work. Since the bloodtithe unbind happens immediately once the spell is cast. Might be something that’s addressed in the faq.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Troll.exe said:

Like you mentioned, Reapers of Vengeance is the way to go. I’d recommend taking Reapers, dropping the third priest with resaguination, the mighty lord and the wrath axe. Pick up a Bloodthirster of Insensate rage and drop the Khartoth the Bloodhunger on him. Then you would still get your aplha strike on a 4+ In the combat phase. 

Then you’ve got a few more wounds, another greater daemon for locus on those hounds and Leave none alive plus some serious damage. Mighty lord doesn’t typically do much.

Not 100% sure on the unbind. It depends if the spell is “cast” on a successful cast before the destiny dice is used. If the roll/reroll from loathsome sorcery, fails then they use a destiny dice then I’d argue the bloodtithe unbind would work. Since the bloodtithe unbind happens immediately once the spell is cast. Might be something that’s addressed in the faq.

Thanks for the follow up.  If I’m thinking about this right I lose two unbinds from dropping priest and  mighty lord but gain one (that deals damage back) from taking Reapers as well as the second pile in command ability.

Had run Tyrants battalion the other weekend against an army with a lot of Rend and MWs from Shooting and had a tough time keeping them on table. Long enough to do real damage.  Tzeentch has less Rend (absent a sub-faction choice admittedly) and if between loathsome to sorcery, unbinds and Hexgorger I an cut down on casting based MWs maybe I’ll have better luck getting full use of my Bloodthirsters.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zamik said:

Ugh, they really need to stop locking Mortal rewards behind killing enemy heroes in the combat phase.

0621b48d-490x206.jpg

Well, at least it isn't tied to an artifact and it's a pretty solid buff. If you manage to get him there the chaos lord on karkadrak with rune blade makes an especially solid hero killer and making him 2+ for the game sounds solid. Oh and let's not forget archaon, although I suppose that would mean not running him in reapers.

How does this look guys? 1250 point list. 

++ **Pitched Battle** (Chaos - Khorne) [1,230pts] ++

Slaughter Host: Reapers of Vengeance 

+ Uncategorised +

Skull Altar

+ Leader +

Slaves to Darkness Daemon Prince [210pts]: Daemonic Axe, General, Khorne

Exalted Deathbringer with Impaling Spear [80pts]: Impaling Spear

+ Battalion +

Battalion: Gore Pilgrims [940pts]: Gore Pilgrims

. Blood Warriors: 2x 5 Blood Warriors, Goreglaives, Icon Bearer, Paired Goreaxes

. Bloodreavers: 2x 10 Bloodreavers, Hornblowers, Icon Bearers, Reaver Blades

. Bloodreavers: 2x 10 Bloodreavers, Hornblowers, Icon Bearers, Reaver Blades

. Bloodsecrator

. Slaughterpriest: 1. Bronzed Flesh, Bloodbathed Axe

. Slaughterpriest: 5. Killing Frenzy, Hackblade & Wrath-hammer

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance: Khorne

+ Game Options +

Game Type: No Points or Battlerole Validation (Open)

++ Total: [1,230pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Edited by Elevenist

8 minutes ago, drkrash said:

I kind of assumed they were.  What else would they be? They don't seem to be battalions.

Yea I’m hopeful. Tyrants+5 run and charge Bloodthirsters would be hilarious.

They could be stand alone, Legion of grief sort of style. Or subfactions of the Legion of Chaos Ascendant I guess.

There was 4 battalions in the book, 1 for us presumably but we haven’t seen anything on that yet.

2 minutes ago, Troll.exe said:

Yea I’m hopeful. Tyrants+5 run and charge Bloodthirsters would be hilarious.

They could be stand alone, Legion of grief sort of style. Or subfactions of the Legion of Chaos Ascendant I guess.

There was 4 battalions in the book, 1 for us presumably but we haven’t seen anything on that yet.

Of course, if they *weren't* slaughterhosts, then I want to try 5 BTs in Bloodlords.  It might work as an Alpha-Strike (that would then kinda fall apart right afterwards).