AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

2 hours ago, ogarrah said:

Are there any FAQ's about the Blood Tithe reward Murdelust? I'm tired of arguing with my opponents when I use Murderlust to cycle charge my Skullcrushers or something and I was wondering if there is an FAQ that I can point to as evidence.

What even is the argument? It doesn't get much clearer. Are they  suggesting you can't do what it explicitly says you can do? Apologies if I'm missing something...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roark said:

What even is the argument? It doesn't get much clearer. Are they  suggesting you can't do what it explicitly says you can do? Apologies if I'm missing something...

I have this issue a lot too...but I think it falls into opponents favor so I’ve conceded the point.

the idea is that you retreat your units in the hero phase, then charge in the charge phase: however rules state “a unit cannot charge or shoot if they retreated” thus negating the ability to retreat in hero chase using murderlust then charge in the following phase. 

rule wise I do believe we are not allowed to retreat with murderlust then move/charge with the same unit. Only move and no shooting. 

if someone has a way to prove we are allowed I’ll send them a million Khorne points 

4 hours ago, ogarrah said:

Are there any FAQ's about the Blood Tithe reward Murdelust? I'm tired of arguing with my opponents when I use Murderlust to cycle charge my Skullcrushers or something and I was wondering if there is an FAQ that I can point to as evidence. 

The only way to retreat and cycle a charge with skullcrushers is if you are going second in the round, assuming you’re already in combat - you retreat to 3 out. You lose your round of combat. Roll off into next turn - if you win then take turn and just charge back In. If you lose that’s when you use it in their hero phase to charge with murderlust/4 tithe and deal the mw on charge. 

based on rules we cannot retreat in our turn with murderlust then follow up with the charge in our same turn in the round. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ogarrah said:

The Khorne faq explicitly says

Q: Some abilities say that they can be used at ‘the start of the hero phase’ instead of ‘at the start of your hero phase’. Can these abilities be used in the enemy hero phase?

A: Yes.

Yes, you can use Murderlust to charge in opponent's (or your) hero phase.

Yes, you can use Murderlust to charge in your hero phase and then charge again in charge phase if you killed whatever you charged.

No, you can't use Murderlust to retreat&charge in your turn because retreat prevents charging.

Edited by Smooth criminal
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sleepa said:

Is there a consensus on what the better loadout is for Mighty Skullcrushers? I'm leaning toward Ensorcelled Axes for the increased hit chance, but I know people take Meatripper Axes on Reavers just for that -1 rend.

I'm just getting into Khrone and I am in the process of building my Mighty Skullcrushers and I too have not yet decided what is best. My current plan is to run a Mortal Khorne list and use a unit of six Skullcrushers. Their whole purpose in my army is one of two things. First being, since they are a unit of six they can do great mortal wounds on the charge, however if they get charged or I need them to tie something up for a while they can do that. If I want them to be killing things with their weapons then I'll put killing frenzy on them. Currently I'm leaning towards Bloodglaives so that I can get the rend with them and that will allow them to hurt some bigger harder hitting models. They have the wounds and saves to tie something nasty up.

Looking at the math with no buffs the Bloodglaives  do slightly more damage to things with a 2+ or 3+ save and the same against things with a 4+ save. Then Ensorcelled out damages the Bloodglaives against thigns with a 5+, 6+ or no save. So it really depends on what you want them to go up against.

16 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

I'm just getting into Khrone and I am in the process of building my Mighty Skullcrushers and I too have not yet decided what is best. My current plan is to run a Mortal Khorne list and use a unit of six Skullcrushers. Their whole purpose in my army is one of two things. First being, since they are a unit of six they can do great mortal wounds on the charge, however if they get charged or I need them to tie something up for a while they can do that. If I want them to be killing things with their weapons then I'll put killing frenzy on them. Currently I'm leaning towards Bloodglaives so that I can get the rend with them and that will allow them to hurt some bigger harder hitting models. They have the wounds and saves to tie something nasty up.

Looking at the math with no buffs the Bloodglaives  do slightly more damage to things with a 2+ or 3+ save and the same against things with a 4+ save. Then Ensorcelled out damages the Bloodglaives against thigns with a 5+, 6+ or no save. So it really depends on what you want them to go up against.

I run Skullcrushers with Ensorcelled Axes for the satisfaction of rolling that and the brazen hooves attack the same time cause they have the same attack profile lol

• Like 1

On 1/21/2020 at 11:10 PM, Sneeto said:

So blood tithe generates when a unit is destroyed per the book. I’ve had people argue it has to be killed and battleshock doesn’t count. So if you kill 9 and the last one battleshock you don’t get the tithe.

However, in every other account “destroyed” and battleshocked still count in many matched play as the same. 

is there any faq that states they must be killed? Otherwise you should still get tithe even if they battleshock as the unit is now destroyed. 

In the core rules regarding models that flee to battleshock “remove them from play and count them as being slain”.

Edited by Troll.exe
Too slow, already covered in depth

There is absolutely something in the core rules designers commentary, i posted a screenshot as the first post on page 239, just scroll up

4 minutes ago, Troll.exe said:

I don’t think there is anything in the faq, this will clear things up though. In the core rules regarding models that flee to battleshock “remove them from play and count them as being slain”.

• Like 1

Regarding Mighty Skullcrushers, I magnetised my weapons at the shoulder joint with 3x1mm magnets. It was my first attempt and was far easier then I expected. Took about 10mins. The shoulder plate perfectly covers the connection point. I’d highly recommend.

Then as above, you can swap weapons depending on your opponent and how you plan to use killing frenzy etc.

This is a very non-traditional list that I'm enjoying a lot lately. It has a million drops, but that's fine if everything is deployed properly coz of passive auras.  The crux of it is a sea of bodies and resilient buff networks for the Marauders and Chosen, both of whom are absolutely brutal with +2 attacks and rerolls. Attacking twice in a phase just tends to utterly wipe out whatever they confront.

Allegiance: Khorne
Mortal Realm: Aqshy
Chaos Lord (110)
- General
- Reaperblade & Daemonbound Steel
- Trait: Berzerker Lord
Bloodsecrator (120)
- Artefact: Thermalrider Cloak
Bloodstoker (80)
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Blood Sacrifice
40 x Chaos Marauders (300)
- Axes & Shields
- Axes & Shields
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Chaos Chosen (280)
5 x Wrathmongers (140)
5 x Wrathmongers (140)
Chaos Warshrine (170)
- Blood Blessing: Brazen Fury
Extra Command Point (50)
Hexgorger Skulls (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 180

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Roark said:

This is a very non-traditional list that I'm enjoying a lot lately. It has a million drops, but that's fine if everything is deployed properly coz of passive auras.  The crux of it is a sea of bodies and resilient buff networks for the Marauders and Chosen, both of whom are absolutely brutal with +2 attacks and rerolls. Attacking twice in a phase just tends to utterly wipe out whatever they confront.

Chaos Lord (110)
- General
Bloodsecrator (120)
Bloodstoker (80)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Axes & Shields
- Axes & Shields
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Chaos Chosen (280)
5 x Wrathmongers (140)
5 x Wrathmongers (140)
Chaos Warshrine (170)
Extra Command Point (50)
Hexgorger Skulls (40)

Looks fun - your extra command point I assume you save for inspiring presence?  First point for chaos lord CA then inspiring so they don’t flee? Otherwise you could consider dropping a priest, maybe one with blood sac and pick up an aspiring deathbringer for a third extra attack! 

7 hours ago, Roark said:

Chaos Lord (110)
- General
Bloodsecrator (120)
Bloodstoker (80)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Axes & Shields
- Axes & Shields
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Chaos Chosen (280)
5 x Wrathmongers (140)
5 x Wrathmongers (140)
Chaos Warshrine (170)
Extra Command Point (50)
Hexgorger Skulls (40)

That's pretty similar to a list I've been thinking about. As compared to yours, remove one of the Marauder units, one Wrathmonger unit, and the extra CP.

Add 5x Blood Warriors, 5x Skullreapers, Gore Pilgrims, Wrath Axe. I haven't actually gotten the Marauders yet, so only 40 for the time being for me.

I'd be interested to hear any further observations you have as you get more games with it.

20 minutes ago, Sneeto said:

Looks fun - your extra command point I assume you save for inspiring presence?  First point for chaos lord CA then inspiring so they don’t flee? Otherwise you could consider dropping a priest, maybe one with blood sac and pick up an aspiring deathbringer for a third extra attack! 

Yeah, the paid CP is to mitigate enemy Turn 1 charges. All other command points are for the Chaos Lord command or for when Brazen Fury doesn't go off. I tend to spend Blood Tithe on Level 1 in the early game to take the fangs out of my opponent with double activations.

I do have a version with a Deathbringer, but I think he goes a bit better with Gore Pilgrims + paid CP + just one swarm of Marauders to focus buffs on. Otherwise it gets a bit CP-hungry. But yeah, Marauders fighting in two ranks with +3 attacks and double activation is truly fearsome.

I've settled on the Bloodstoker coz he synergizes really well with Marauder charging. Another fantastic option is to have Violent Urgency on the Lord in addition. The charges just never fail. But in my list, the most important thing about the Lord is his command, so I've made him more survivable with the Berzerker trait.

Edited by Roark

18 minutes ago, Render said:

I'd be interested to hear any further observations you have as you get more games with it.

Couple of observations I'll make now are:

- the usual Khorne flexibility that I would normally get from the Tithe table is stymied by the fact that I find myself spending it on CPs (Lvl1) a fair bit (totally worth it for me though).

- One Marauder swarm is almost certainly abandoned by the Shrine (and Bronzed Flesh Priest) from mid-game. This requires care and attention! Marauders are incredibly offensive, but they die like flies when not protected obviously. Not a problem for your list.

- I need the Aqshy cloak on my Secrator because of awesome Marauder charging. Not a problem for your list. You can take something more impactful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 123lac said:

Anyone using the Lord on Karkadrak with their Bloodbound? At 250 points he's very expensive for a mortal hero but I feel like Bloodbound lack having a big general.

He’s an absolute truck. Make him your general with hew the foe (goretide) and slap gorecleaver or runeblade on him. He will reap many skulls. 

I've had a couple of games with my archaon + bloodforged list.

I've had a major victory Vs FEC (tabled him top of turn 3, on three places of power, ended up 14 VPS Vs 7)

I also had a minor victory Vs seraphon (can't remember scenario, had 4 objectives.)

Seraphon player was running the monster batallion that was a pig to kill!

I'm taking it to Warhammer world for the GT this weekend, so if anyone is there, come say hi!

(I'll be down on the bottom tables XD) 

Hey everyone! I'm going to be getting into AoS again in a few months and I want to build an army around Karanak and maybe a few other supporting units from Blades of Khorne.

I don't have the book yet and so I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea how I would go about building a list full of Flesh Hounds and Karanak and anything else that works really good, lore wise and rules wise, with Flesh Hounds. I know in 40k that there is the rule of 3 so you can't have more than 3 of a specific data sheet unless it is a troop choice. Is this in effect in AoS? My main desire is just to have as many Flesh Hounds on the table that I can field with maybe a few bashy characters to back them up. 

Any help with this would be very much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

18 minutes ago, Lord Graves said:

Hey everyone! I'm going to be getting into AoS again in a few months and I want to build an army around Karanak and maybe a few other supporting units from Blades of Khorne.

I don't have the book yet and so I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea how I would go about building a list full of Flesh Hounds and Karanak and anything else that works really good, lore wise and rules wise, with Flesh Hounds. I know in 40k that there is the rule of 3 so you can't have more than 3 of a specific data sheet unless it is a troop choice. Is this in effect in AoS? My main desire is just to have as many Flesh Hounds on the table that I can field with maybe a few bashy characters to back them up. 

Any help with this would be very much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

No rule of three in aos, Karanak is okay, flesh hounds are solid and battleline. Are you going to play 1k or 2k points? i would suggest a bloodsecrator, think of him as a herder lorewise perhaps. you should get the altar as it is free in every khorne army. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, itgnightraven said:

No rule of three in aos, Karanak is okay, flesh hounds are solid and battleline. Are you going to play 1k or 2k points? i would suggest a bloodsecrator, think of him as a herder lorewise perhaps. you should get the altar as it is free in every khorne army. 

Alright! No Rule of Three! This is going to make it so I can flood the field with my favorite dogos! I will start out at 1k for sure.

As for the altar do you mean the Skull Altar?

What is a bloodsecrator? I cannot find that on GW's site. 

Also, thank you for the reply! :D

14 minutes ago, Lord Graves said:

Alright! No Rule of Three! This is going to make it so I can flood the field with my favorite dogos! I will start out at 1k for sure.

As for the altar do you mean the Skull Altar?

What is a bloodsecrator? I cannot find that on GW's site. 

Also, thank you for the reply! :D

Yes the skull altar, the bloodsecrator is the core part of a khorne army, he gives +1 attack to all units wholly within 16" of him and makes nearby wizards reroll successful casting rolls.

Also check out the blood hunt battalion here until you get the book https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Age_of_Sigmar/Tactics/Chaos/Blades_of_Khorne#Daemons_of_Khorne_Battalions

Edited by itgnightraven
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, itgnightraven said:

Yes the skull altar, the bloodsecrator is the core part of a khorne army, he gives +1 attack to all units wholly within 16" of him and makes nearby wizards reroll successful casting rolls.

Found the rules and a picture of the model. Can't find the model on GW's website. the 4" move is really rough though. Most of the dogos move at 8". How do I protect him? How do I make sure he gets to where he needs to support the dogos? Can I have more than one in a list?

Again, thank you so much! :D

Edited by Lord Graves