AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

14 hours ago, medivouk said:

I've been running brass despoilers since the points drop on bullgors and ghorgon, and theyve been fun!

I've been thinking about how to cram the new archaon into a list, and I think that the bloodforged batallion might be stupidly fun, even if it's not very good it'll certainly generate a WTF from your opponent.

Allegiance: Khorne
- Slaughterhost: The Goretide
Archaon the Everchosen (800)
Skullgrinder (80)
- General
- Trait: Hew the Foe
- Artefact: Thronebreaker's Torc
Bloodsecrator (120)
- Banner of Khorne (Artefact): Banner of Wrath
Skarr Bloodwrath (100)
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
- 1x Goreglaives
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
- 1x Goreglaives
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
5 x Wrathmongers (140)
5 x Wrathmongers (140)
Bloodforged (120)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 115

Goretide gives archaon rerolls to wound,  and pretty much the whole army fights multiple times per combat phase.

I'm gonna test it tomorrow Vs FEC and report back.

It's just a shame archaon can't use his command ability on anyone but himself.

I played my first game with a skullgrinder the other day, gave him ghyrstrike and a buff from priests...hitting on 1's wounding on 1's, with wrathmongers and secrator not  far behind 15 damage at -1 into a unit of vulkites, thanks for coming. I don't see him mentioned much but for 80 points he certainly does some work. 

Edited by mitchbow88

2 minutes ago, mitchbow88 said:

I played my first game with a skullgrinder the other day, gave him ghyrstrike and a buff from priests...hitting on 1's wounding on 1's, with wrathmongers and secrator not  far behind 15 damage at -1 into a unit of vulkites, thanks for coming. I don't see him mentioned much but for 80 points he certainly does some work. 

1s to hit and wound are automatically fails you know? 2s to hit and wound and reroll ones are better. And even better is 2s to hit and wound and reroll everything if you have something proccing on an unmodified 6

13 minutes ago, itgnightraven said:

1s to hit and wound are automatically fails you know? 2s to hit and wound and reroll ones are better. And even better is 2s to hit and wound and reroll everything if you have something proccing on an unmodified 6

I did not know this! Good thing I didn't win!...Is it buried deep in a core book somewhere? Also, is it just the rolled dice so if he still has a +1/+1 profile and I don't roll 1's do they still hit or does the profile make his attacks forfeit?

Also, any advice on the following  would be awesome! Still sorting this who AoS thing out, having a tough time getting things right. Got plenty of letters and dogs for summoning as well (which is why they aren't in my list). Cheers in advance legends!

Mortal Realm: Aqshy - Slaughterhost: The Bloodlords

Skarbrand (380)

Slaughterpriest (100) - Blood Blessing : Blood Sacrifice

Slaughterpriest (100) - Blood Blessing : Killing Frenzy

Bloodsecrator (120) - Artefact : Thermalrider Cloak

Bloodstoker (80) Skullgrinder (80) - General - Command Trait : Slaughterer's Thirst - Artefact : Halo of Blood

10 x Bloodreavers (70)

10 x Bloodreavers (70) -

5 x Blood Warriors (100)

6 x Mighty Skullcrushers (320)

5 x Skullreapers (180) 

5 x Wrathmongers (140)

BATTALIONS Gore Pilgrims (140) 

Hexgorger Skulls (40)

Bleeding Icon (40) 

Edited by mitchbow88

16 minutes ago, mitchbow88 said:

I did not know this! Good thing I didn't win!...Is it buried deep in a core book somewhere?

Also, any advice on the following  would be awesome! Still sorting this who AoS thing out, having a tough time getting things right. Got plenty of letters and dogs for summoning as well (which is why they aren't in my list). Cheers in advance legends!

Mortal Realm: Aqshy - Slaughterhost: The Bloodlords

Skarbrand (380)

Slaughterpriest (100) - Blood Blessing : Blood Sacrifice

Slaughterpriest (100) - Blood Blessing : Killing Frenzy

Bloodsecrator (120) - Artefact : Thermalrider Cloak

Bloodstoker (80) Skullgrinder (80) - General - Command Trait : Slaughterer's Thirst - Artefact : Halo of Blood

10 x Bloodreavers (70)

10 x Bloodreavers (70) -

5 x Blood Warriors (100)

6 x Mighty Skullcrushers (320)

5 x Skullreapers (180) 

5 x Wrathmongers (140)

BATTALIONS Gore Pilgrims (140) 

Hexgorger Skulls (40)

Bleeding Icon (40) 

It is in the Core Rules that you can find for free on their site, the rules for attacking is on page 7,https://www.games-workshop.com/en-SE/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules.

As for your list, i would go with Reapers of Vengeance instead for Skarbrand and wrathaxe instead of bleeding icon. And as you dont have big units of bloodreavers i would go with bronzed flesh instead of blood sacrifice.

17 minutes ago, mitchbow88 said:

I recommend swapping to Reapers host and swapping skullreapers+icon+skullgrinder for a 30x bloodletter brick to get more mileage out of the double fight than just skarbrand.

3 hours ago, Souleater said:

I am trying to work out 2000pts of Blades of Khorne for our local Tale of Gamers.

What I have at the moment:

You lack damage dealers, daemon prince is the only one who can do damage here. You have 2 heroes too much. You have 1 judgement too much.

You need to have either skarbrand, 10 knights, 30 letters, 6 crushers, etc. at least 2 more units like these total.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Smooth criminal said:

You lack damage dealers, daemon prince is the only one who can do damage here. You have 2 heroes too much. You have 1 judgement too much.

You need to have either skarbrand, 10 knights, 30 letters, 6 crushers, etc. at least 2 more units like these total.

You don't rate the mighty lord of khorne, the priests or the khorgoraths for damage?

10 hours ago, 123lac said:

You don't rate the mighty lord of khorne, the priests or the khorgoraths for damage?

The Mighty Lord is occasionally a game-changer, with his axe able to kill any one model instantly (except Gotrek), but he's slow and won't do much against larger units. The Slaughterpriests are good for ranged mortal wounds but not combat. The Khorgies hit fine but there's a lot in the game that will melt monsters, and they won't cap objectives.

One of our best assault units is Skullreapers IMHO. 10 of those guys with buffed attacks can rip through whole armies.

EDIT: plus the units Smooth Criminal mentioned.

Edited by Roark
  • Like 1

Greetings, blood gents. I'm brand new to AoS (used to play Shadespire) and this is my first list. I like lower model count armies but don't know if there's enough bodies in this army. I won't be playing in tournaments but at least half of my future opponents do. I haven't bought everything for it yet so changes can be made. Haven't picked arifacts yet. Any feedback would be great. Blood for the blood god.

- Slaughterhost: The Goretide

Leaders
Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster (300)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Bloodsecrator (120)

Battleline
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)

Units
10 x Skullreapers (360)
- Goreslick Blades
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
2 x Skull Cannons (260)

Battalions
Gore Pilgrims (140)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)
Wrath-Axe (60)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 129

Edited by Bone Shrapnel
  • Like 1

This came much sooner than expected, the Las Vegas Open AoS Champs lists are now available for viewing on Best Coast Pairings! As a result, I'm putting up my list for all to see:

- Slaughterhost: Reapers of Vengeance

Leaders
Bloodthirster of Unfettered Fury (270)
- General
- Trait: Mage Eater
- Artefact: The Crimson Crown
Bloodsecrator (120)
- Artefact: Skullshard Mantle
Skarbrand (380)
Skulltaker (120)
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh

Battleline
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
30 x Bloodletters (300)

Battalions
Murderhost (160)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)
Wrath-Axe (60)
Hexgorger Skulls (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2

In order to support work on getting my girlfriend's army ready for the Doubles, I had my hand forced to change my list to support painting the least amount of models possible. So here we are!

• Like 2

@Bone Shrapnel Its a pretty solid list for a first go. You have good damage dealers with the Bloodthirster and Skullreapers, the 6 x Bloodcrushers might do work for you (although they havent been favoured by most players but the recent point drop may change that). Skullcannons can be hit or miss (as is the way with cannons but having 2 of them helps), the key with them is to treat them like chariots with a gun, i.e. get them forward into combat, preferably within the Bloodthirster's Locus for rerolling hit rolls or 1 (which includes shooting). You dont have a lot of chaff but you can always summon more flesh hounds if bodies are needed. 

I'm not sure Goretide is the best slaughterhost to pick for this list. You have a lot of daemons who wont benefit from the main ability and hardly any bloodwarriors/reavers to use the command trait on. Reapers of Vengeance is probably a better choice for things like the Bloodthirster and Bloodcrushers to pile in and attack twice. The command trait is nice to have on the Wraith of Khorne thirster while the artifact is probably best used on the bloodsecrator so the thirster can take an artifact that boosts his killing power or something defensive (many of the khorne daemon artifacts are good or something like gyrstrike for offence or gryphfeather charm / ethereal amulet for defense).

I would give the slaughter priests killing frenzy and either blood sacrifice or bronzed flesh. 

• Like 1

@Agent of Chaos thanks a lot. I had read elsewhere about the Skull Cannons being something you don't want to keep in back because it's not really a fire line kind of unit and it needs to move up & attack like you said. Reapers of Vengeance is now under serious consideration, like Gortide might be out about 5 minutes from now. Hadn't really dove into the Slaughterpriest options yet. Thanks again.

• Like 1

Had a battle last night vs cities of Sigmar - living city. Played focal points and won on points.

This was my second game with the new daemon prince warscroll and I have to say I am impressed. His ability to debuff run and charge is fairly brutal, it really helps counter initiative loss as you can stop units engaging and then counter charge. I had him equipped with thronebreakers so he was very hard to shift, even with shooting thanks to lookout sir. If I had a second, I would take 2!

Countercharging and goretribe work very well with him, you can hold units in place before hitting them with a unit you want. I managed to get the manticore lord charge off twice, in both times he had killing frenzy. He did a crazy amount of damage thanks to the daemon sword and lance w gorecleaver combination.

36184883-9C46-431F-96F1-4ECBA77EE104.jpeg

2E117B1D-D58D-4C20-B7AA-E2F5A15F2C41.jpeg

5B0C02C9-8E82-4C55-B25B-9359D54C1E24.jpeg

• Like 6

For those interested in running a Brass Despoilers battalion...

Over in the Beasts of Chaos discussion thread, players recently asked for an account of how Beasts of Chaos play out of different Chaos God allegiances. In the past, others requested the same.

I started a new thread to address this issue. I provide a quick overview of each allegiance, as well as the Beasts of Chaos allegiance itself, in that thread.

Here's a link: 

Hope it is helpful and interesting. I look forward to the conversation!

• Like 2

I'm wondering if anyone has toyed around with allying a Mindstealer Sphiranx into their BoK armies. The dice-game ability seems like it could really increase the odds for MSU Khorne. If it can get in range, forcing your opponents best hammer to fight last for potentially two turns in a row seems like it could be a huge swing.

So blood tithe generates when a unit is destroyed per the book. I’ve had people argue it has to be killed and battleshock doesn’t count. So if you kill 9 and the last one battleshock you don’t get the tithe.

However, in every other account “destroyed” and battleshocked still count in many matched play as the same. 

is there any faq that states they must be killed? Otherwise you should still get tithe even if they battleshock as the unit is now destroyed. 

22 minutes ago, Sneeto said:

So blood tithe generates when a unit is destroyed per the book. I’ve had people argue it has to be killed and battleshock doesn’t count. So if you kill 9 and the last one battleshock you don’t get the tithe.

However, in every other account “destroyed” and battleshocked still count in many matched play as the same. 

is there any faq that states they must be killed? Otherwise you should still get tithe even if they battleshock as the unit is now destroyed. 

It does not have to get killed, battleshock is included in destroyed.

Screenshot_20200121-113756.png

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

27 minutes ago, ledha said:

Hey everyone. Does anything prevent me to play a full khorne/blades of khorne army and take archaon or a slave to darkness demon prince as a general ?

Nope, as long as it has the khorne keyword you're good to go. I should say there isn't usually a good reason to take archaon as your general, but nothing is technically stopping you. 

• Thanks 2