AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

I think the halving charges in a giant bubble is sneaky strong. It immediately stops all deepstrike charges, which has some utility. 

Put him in the middle, pick a flank to fight on, move him 12inches to the other and then keep them from engaging you so you get favorable activations. An 18 in bubble is huge

Hey folks, I asked this over in the Rules forum but didn't get a response so thought I'd throw it in here as well.

Does Korghos Khul/Mighty Lord of Khorne's Reality-Splitting Axe ability still trigger at the end of the phase if  KK/MLoK are slain before the end of the phase? I can see arguments for both yes and no and would be interested in your thoughts or rules support.

On the one hand, the ability states that as long as any wounds are inflicted, the ability triggers. On the other hand, do model's abilities still activate if they aren't on the battlefield?

Any insight is appreciated!

13 minutes ago, itgnightraven said:

is the sword better than the axe on the khorne daemon prince? and is it an autopick with killing frenzy?

With the new scroll i would say the sword due to the extra attack, reach and ability to do MW on a 6. You can always put another MW causing artefact on his talons to op his MW output further as both profiles will be buffed by blood secrator and he will pile in twice with reapers.

Just now, Smooth criminal said:

Axe for me. Don't like the d3 damage and 4+ to hit.

Range 2" can be an argument, but he's fast enough to jump over screens I think.

But the wound output should be better with killing frenzy and locus of fury for extra chamce to get mortal wounds in. This is the case for me as i am always playing a priest with killing frenzy in my lists.

9 hours ago, itgnightraven said:

But the wound output should be better with killing frenzy and locus of fury for extra chamce to get mortal wounds in. This is the case for me as i am always playing a priest with killing frenzy in my lists.

It would be very marginally better. Also d3 damage still sucks. Also you should have better things to use killing frenzy on than 1 model with 7 attacks (of which only 4 benefit from the frenzy).

1 hour ago, Troll.exe said:

-sorry Khorne-

Is anyone else looking at the Chaos sorcerer lord combo with wrathmongers and Archaon or Marauders? Rerolling everything with one hero is pretty ridiculous.

I'm liking the idea of using shrines instead of priests because they hand out rerolls and 3+ prayer with reroll from altar will almost always go off.

Sorc doesn't seem good because altar and bloodsecrator will interfere with him casting the reroll spell.

Edited by Smooth criminal

Ran the Daemon Prince as my General in Goretide yesterday. That command ability is boss! Your opponent has to roll at least 6 to make a 3" charge. Its so crippling and allows us to play an even more effective defensive game. After my opponent failed a few key charges I just consolidated on the objectives, buffed up and collected VP for another turn, then dared him to attempt to charge me again. He still ended up dieing in melee due to my inability to roll 3+ saves but still very happy with that performance and highly recommend. In a game about movement that ability is just devastating. 

• Like 2

Sounds like the Daemon Prince is the best bet for my army then, though I'll need to drop something to take him. Is there any particularly fantastic artefact for him? Can't go wrong with the Thronebreakers Torc, which also leaves my Bloodsecrator free to take the Thermalrider's cloak - but the Torc goes perfectly well on the Bloodsecrator too, so the prince could have some other thing.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, LeSwordfish said:

Sounds like the Daemon Prince is the best bet for my army then, though I'll need to drop something to take him. Is there any particularly fantastic artefact for him? Can't go wrong with the Thronebreakers Torc, which also leaves my Bloodsecrator free to take the Thermalrider's cloak - but the Torc goes perfectly well on the Bloodsecrator too, so the prince could have some other thing.

I think I'll be using the Torc almost exclusively on the Damon Prince. My Secrator barely gets picked on anymore. People absolutely loathe Priests, Skullreapers and Bloodthirsters in my experience, and I suspect the Prince will have a massive target over his head once the full import of his command becomes known haha.

4 hours ago, LeSwordfish said:

Blade of judgement still very good on him.

Torc would give him the best protection against shooting.

Points changes I pulled from the app (didn't check Batallions/Judgements) 

Skull Cannons: 140 -> 130
Bloodsecrator: 140 -> 120
Skarr: 120 -> 100
Valkia: 120 -> 140
Insensate Rage: 280 -> 270
Unfettered Fury: 300 -> 270
Skarbrand: 400 -> 380
Wrath of Khorne: 320 -> 300
Bloodcrushers: 140 -> 120
Mighty Skullcrushers: 180 -> 160

EDIT: I compared to my copy of the GHB, missed that some of these changes had already happened 

Edited by smartazjb0y
  • Like 1

So I’m looking at the Choas Chosen with a bloodsecrator and warshrine in support.

Take killing frenzy on the shrine and using Favour of Chaos. With that base size I’m guessing you’d probably take a couple of units of 10 and be able to run the first rank 6-7 wide and still get the last 3-4 into combat in the second rank.

Hitting on a 2, rolling for 6s twice then wounding on a 3 with rerolls. Basically the same as Skullreapers except you don’t need 5+ models for the reroll, -1 rend and 40 less points.

Has anyone else been looking into this option?

• Like 1

And here I was painting the chaos knights.

I expect dog spam to be replaced with bloodcrusher spam as the filler of choice.

2 hours ago, Troll.exe said:

So I’m looking at the Choas Chosen with a bloodsecrator and warshrine in support.

Take killing frenzy on the shrine and using Favour of Chaos. With that base size I’m guessing you’d probably take a couple of units of 10 and be able to run the first rank 6-7 wide and still get the last 3-4 into combat in the second rank.

Hitting on a 2, rolling for 6s twice then wounding on a 3 with rerolls. Basically the same as Skullreapers except you don’t need 5+ models for the reroll, -1 rend and 40 less points.

Has anyone else been looking into this option?

I considered chosen at some point. 

Eventually I arrived to conclusion that the mongers already do the thing chosens want to do and the third best units after marauders and knights are the warriors because Khorne normally doesn't get to do what warriors do (tanky bricks that can reasonably hit back). Although now skullcrushers are probably better than warriors in this role.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smooth criminal said:

And here I was painting the chaos knights.

I expect dog spam to be replaced with bloodcrusher spam as the filler of choice.

I considered chosen at some point. 

Eventually I arrived to conclusion that the mongers already do the thing chosens want to do and the third best units after marauders and knights are the warriors because Khorne normally doesn't get to do what warriors do (tanky bricks that can reasonably hit back). Although now skullcrushers are probably better than warriors in this role.

Looks like we’ve lost the Marauders option. They’re up to 300 points. Not horrible I guess but it’s a big jump.

1 hour ago, Troll.exe said:

Looks like we’ve lost the Marauders option. They’re up to 300 points. Not horrible I guess but it’s a big jump.

There Still good for a unit of 10+ they get +1 to hit, 20+ they gain rend 1. 

With sorcerer they get reroll save, and possible reroll hit and wound.

Chaos lord they get double activation.

Warshrine gives 6+ after save.  And prayer buffs.

Then of course the khorne buffs that work on them. They can get pretty nasty.

• Like 1