AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

@Agent of Chaos Thanks so much for the list! 

I should've mentioned the Brass Despoilers as I was definitely using that battalion as a starting off point and building my army from there. The list seems a bit pricey so it'd definitely be something I have to build up to haha. But since I really am totally new to wargaming in general, I definitely wasn't looking for like a tournament-viable list or anything, definitely just something way more casual for like games at my local store or whatnot, like you said. I just wanted to see if like the idea of having such a mixed army was so off that it'd even be bad for a casual setting, but based on your post that doesn't seem to be the case! 

• Like 1

Victory to khorne - tonight many goblin skulls adorn the brass throne. Gave a 2 battalion list a go. It felt odd winning priority and also having so few models. But it feels like a fun list with a lot of built in resilience.

Goretribe slaughterhost 

Daemon prince general w sword of judgement and hew the foe

Bloodthirster of fury w thronebreakers torc

Exalted deathbringer with mark of the destroyer 

bloodsecrator

priest w kill frenzy

priest w sacrifice

3x 5 bloodwarriors w fists

1x10 bloodreavers w axes 

2x5 skull reapers

wrath axe

hexgouger skulls 

3BD76E52-CF4C-4DB5-A033-3D3D675D8064.jpeg

Edited by Praecautus
  • Like 5

Hello evryone, a friend of mine it's a khorne player, we both play from 3-4 months only and in our little community there is a big problem: they don't want him to use 2 times blood boil with 2 different priest per turn. There is something official he can show them? i can't find anything and they said he can't trust internet community or report on YT.

(Sorry for bad english and ty in advance for the help)

@Lionheart what is the argument for each priest not being able to attempt blood boil in the same turn?

The priest warscroll says "in your hero phase, this model can chant one of the following prayers...". No restrictions are mentioned for multiple models with this ability. 

Page 76 of the battletome; Blood Blessings of Khorne; "In addition to any other prayers they can chant, each Priest knows one blessing... Each blood blessing of khorne can only be chanted once per turn, regardless of how many priests know that prayer." 

So there is a specific restriction noted for the Blood Blessings (Killing Frenzy, Bronzed Flesh, etc), but no such restriction is noted for the warscroll prayers (bloodboil and bloodbind). Blood Blessing are done at the start of the hero phase, warscroll prayers are done during the hero phase. Blood Blessings are limited to khorne allegiance (i.e. slaughterpriests taken as allies in a different allegiance could not take blood blessings). Blood Blessings cause 1 mortal wound on a roll of 1, warscroll prayers cause D3 mortal wounds. The two sets of prayers are different and have different restrictions/rules that apply to them. 

Finally the battletome designer's commentary (https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/age_of_sigmar_blades_of_khorne_designers_commentary_en.pdf) says; "Q: If a Priest knows more than one prayer, can it attempt to chant each of them? A: Yes, as long as no other restrictions apply."

So where is the restriction that says a priest cannot attempt bloodboil if another priest has already done so?

This is how it is played in tournaments and every battle report you can find on youtube so double blood boil away! In fact tell your friend to get a 3rd priest for triple blood boil!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Agent of Chaos said:

@Lionheart what is the argument for each priest not being able to attempt blood boil in the same turn?

The priest warscroll says "in your hero phase, this model can chant one of the following prayers...". No restrictions are mentioned for multiple models with this ability. 

Page 76 of the battletome; Blood Blessings of Khorne; "In addition to any other prayers they can chant, each Priest knows one blessing... Each blood blessing of khorne can only be chanted once per turn, regardless of how many priests know that prayer." 

So there is a specific restriction noted for the Blood Blessings (Killing Frenzy, Bronzed Flesh, etc), but no such restriction is noted for the warscroll prayers (bloodboil and bloodbind). Blood Blessing are done at the start of the hero phase, warscroll prayers are done during the hero phase. Blood Blessings are limited to khorne allegiance (i.e. slaughterpriests taken as allies in a different allegiance could not take blood blessings). Blood Blessings cause 1 mortal wound on a roll of 1, warscroll prayers cause D3 mortal wounds. The two sets of prayers are different and have different restrictions/rules that apply to them. 

Finally the battletome designer's commentary (https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/age_of_sigmar_blades_of_khorne_designers_commentary_en.pdf) says; "Q: If a Priest knows more than one prayer, can it attempt to chant each of them? A: Yes, as long as no other restrictions apply."

So where is the restriction that says a priest cannot attempt bloodboil if another priest has already done so?

This is how it is played in tournaments and every battle report you can find on youtube so double blood boil away! In fact tell your friend to get a 3rd priest for triple blood boil!!!

First of all thx for the answer, it was great!! Btw they say that if u treat blood boil as a "ability" you can't reroll cause of throne, instead if u play it as a pray u can't spam it with different priests, we know that this is impossible, we saw alot of battle report, and for use the rule is pretty easy to read, but for them it's a subject to discuss evrytime (maybe they are being hurt by some 6mw bb XD). There is some battle report from tournaments i can show them?

Hey all, can anyone help me get my head around how to run a bloodmarked warband with Archaon. I've looked through this thread and see some mentions and looked on Google but on Azyr and Battlescribe it seems to always want me to run Varanguard as battleline (which I don't want/have).

I own/will own Archaon, 30 bloodreavers, 15 Chaos Warriors, 10 Chaos knights, Lord on Juggernaut, Lord on Manticore, 1 Gore Chariot, 1 Warshrine. 

I know it's not optimal just looking to run it in matched play rules in my local scene and I don't want to run an illegal list. 

Thanks in advance for any answers! 

18 hours ago, Blisterfeet said:

Hey all, can anyone help me get my head around how to run a bloodmarked warband with Archaon. I've looked through this thread and see some mentions and looked on Google but on Azyr and Battlescribe it seems to always want me to run Varanguard as battleline (which I don't want/have).

I own/will own Archaon, 30 bloodreavers, 15 Chaos Warriors, 10 Chaos knights, Lord on Juggernaut, Lord on Manticore, 1 Gore Chariot, 1 Warshrine. 

I know it's not optimal just looking to run it in matched play rules in my local scene and I don't want to run an illegal list. 

Thanks in advance for any answers! 

The "best" (and arguably only) way to run it, is to use Grand Alliance Chaos.

If you read through this thread, you should already be aware that you cannot mix Khorne allegiance and Bloodmarked (in short, battalions and all units that are encompassed by them count as allies unless the battalion itself has the faction keyword).

You could technically run Everchosen allegiance, but there is just no merit in doing so (except if you really want those Varanguard battlelines).

With GA:Chaos, you will have a lot more freedom regarding your battleline and units. You pretty much build your Bloodmarked Warbrand and then staple Archaon onto it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Xasz said:

The "best" (and arguably only) way to run it, is to use Grand Alliance Chaos.

If you read through this thread, you should already be aware that you cannot mix Khorne allegiance and Bloodmarked (in short, battalions and all units that are encompassed by them count as allies unless the battalion itself has the faction keyword).

You could technically run Everchosen allegiance, but there is just no merit in doing so (except if you really want those Varanguard battlelines).

With GA:Chaos, you will have a lot more freedom regarding your battleline and units. You pretty much build your Bloodmarked Warbrand and then staple Archaon onto it.

Thanks I did see that opinion earlier in the thread. I think the confusion comes from the apps.

One question regarding that point is in Azyr under Grand Chaos Alliance it does not give me the warscroll battalion option to add "Bloodmarked Warband" can I still use it in matched play? 

Running a Khorne army is so much easier just have a urge to run this against my friends 😂😂 

@Agent of Chaos save me!

1 hour ago, Blisterfeet said:

One question regarding that point is in Azyr under Grand Chaos Alliance it does not give me the warscroll battalion option to add "Bloodmarked Warband" can I still use it in matched play? 

Azyr is often inaccurate.

As far as I am aware, you can legally do what I outlined.

• Thanks 1

Hey all,
I'm looking to get back into Khorne after being away from the army for a while (since before the  new book came out) and I'm trying to get a list together. What are your opinions on taking more than one of  book's battalions (I'm thinking of using Bloodforged and Dark Feast with the Goretide allegiance) - and for my last 120 points in a 2000 point list would I be better taking a second Bloodsecrator to give a larger area of effect on their Portal of Skulls and affect more Bloodreapers with their totem keyword, a second Slaughterpriest for an additional Blessing and more mortal wounds from Blood Boil or Skarr Bloodwarth to try and deal with the couple of people in my local meta who like to spam Plague Monks?
Current set up is;

Spoiler

Mighty Lord of Khorne (General - Hew the Foe, Mark of the Destroyer)
Bloodsecrator (Thronebreaker's Torc)
**Slaughterpriest / Bloodsecrator / Skarr**
Chaos Warshrine (Mark of Khorne)
Bloodforged Battalion
 - Skullgrinder
 - 10x Blood Warriors
 - 5x Wrathmongers
 - 5x Wrathmongers
Dark Feast Battalion
 - Slaughterpriest
 - Bloodstoker
 - 30x Bloodreavers
 - 20x Bloodreavers
 - 20x Bloodreavers

In addition I'm planning to use any Blood Tithe points collected for buffs rather than summoning as I currently have very few daemon models in my collection, the majority being mortals.
Any help with the above questions or criticism / advice on how to improve the list would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

8 hours ago, Ratzinkaiser said:

Hey all,
I'm looking to get back into Khorne after being away from the army for a while (since before the  new book came out) and I'm trying to get a list together. What are your opinions on taking more than one of  book's battalions (I'm thinking of using Bloodforged and Dark Feast with the Goretide allegiance) - and for my last 120 points in a 2000 point list would I be better taking a second Bloodsecrator to give a larger area of effect on their Portal of Skulls and affect more Bloodreapers with their totem keyword, a second Slaughterpriest for an additional Blessing and more mortal wounds from Blood Boil or Skarr Bloodwarth to try and deal with the couple of people in my local meta who like to spam Plague Monks?
Current set up is;

Reveal hidden contents

Bloodforged Battalion
 - Skullgrinder
 - 10x Blood Warriors
 - 5x Wrathmongers
 - 5x Wrathmongers
Dark Feast Battalion
 - Slaughterpriest
 - Bloodstoker
 - 30x Bloodreavers
 - 20x Bloodreavers
 - 20x Bloodreavers

In addition I'm planning to use any Blood Tithe points collected for buffs rather than summoning as I currently have very few daemon models in my collection, the majority being mortals.
Any help with the above questions or criticism / advice on how to improve the list would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A few observations on the list. With that many reavers I’d take either the two bloodsecrator option or a single bloodsecrator with gore pilgrims battalion.

I think you’ll find Dark feast to be too restrictive with the wholly within requirement since typically your priests stay near your alter.

The mighty lord is quiet a marginal hero. Whereas Skarr and a second slaughterpriest are both really solid options.

In terms of blood tithe, if you take blood sacrifice for a priest you can generate a blood tithe and immediately turn it into a command point at the start of your hero phase with Bloody Exemplar. 

Murderlust and Apoplectic Frenzy are good options for 3 and 4 blood tithe.

Relentless Fury is amazing if you can manage to get it early enough.

I agree with @Troll.exe on Gore Pilgrims, because it's going to be really hard to keep groups of 20-30 reavers wholly within 16" of the slaughterpriest AND keep that slaughterpriest safe. Plus, you can catch more units in the larger 24" orbit, so everybody will get more attacks.

Also, if you're looking to have the bloodsecrator keep pace with the wave of reavers, you can give him the Thermalrider Cloak artefact, or if you want to soften up a bunch of units with mortal wounds, give him the Banner of Wrath.

@Lionheart

On 9/27/2019 at 7:31 PM, Lionheart said:

First of all thx for the answer, it was great!! Btw they say that if u treat blood boil as a "ability" you can't reroll cause of throne, instead if u play it as a pray u can't spam it with different priests, we know that this is impossible, we saw alot of battle report, and for use the rule is pretty easy to read, but for them it's a subject to discuss evrytime (maybe they are being hurt by some 6mw bb XD). There is some battle report from tournaments i can show them?

You are welcome mate 🙂 These guys dont quit hey? Do their armies not have powerful abilities that seem too good or what?

The warscroll for the altar says priests can reroll "prayer rolls".

According to the priest warscroll Bloodboil is known as a "Bloodfuelled Prayer" and requires the priest to make a "prayer roll" to see if it is successful. 

Blood Blessings of Khorne also require the priest to make a "prayer roll". 

Seems pretty conclusive to me...

Tell your mates to quit their bitching and get on with the game. 

Good morning mates!

After a few month of experience in my local meta, I would like to share my experience and conclusion with you.

Having ranted a lot and gave it a chance over and over again, here I am again, telling you that the book isn't woth a penny in my local meta.
The meta in my local area is playing armies and compositions, that battered each single approach in every single game but literally 1.
Might be, that it behaves better in other areas, as well as on tournaments, but not here.

Having tried the most promising combos like Tyrants, Pilgrims,Lords and a lot of the "smaller" and unconvenient battalions, the result was all the same.

I hope you can perform better with it and wish you all the luck!
Watching the lists in several tournament myself, I saw  that the vast majority of lists played all through the different armies is absolutely differen than, where I am here.

So my conclusion, to avoid further more furstraion ( wich I have been through since release of AoS, with the exeption of the first BoK book, that was good at the beginning, but went errate'd to pieces ) I will just not play the army anymore. Hopefully, in the future, the book will be reworked to keep up with the other new book for all the armies, that are being released yet.
Seeing, how the new books are designed, i see even less benefit in playing BoK, because all those armies are just better designed from my subjective perspective.

Guess I am gonna read, what is written here, but I really have no faith at all in our book and the designer of this army.

Wish you all the best & thank you for all the advice and help, that was put into the topic!

Cheers///

Wow, that's sad.

Anyway I'm here to report about going to tournament this weekend.
Went 2-1, ended up third place so it's some kinda success I guess.

The list was:

Spoiler

Reapers of vengeance

Blood hunt battalion
-Wok thirster: trait for unbind, 2+ ignore spell artifact
-Karanak
-3x5 dogs
-6 crushers

-Skarbrand
-2x5 mongers
-priest: blood sacrifice
-priest: bronze flesh, talisman of burning blood

6 drop.
The game plan is: dogs run forward for objectives, mongers screen thirsters, crushers try to crush a flank, sacrifice priest spams bps while glued to a shrine, bronze flesh priest babysits thirsters, karanak plugs holes in damage or leadership. Dump bps into cps and fight twice as much as you can, you can have up to 3 cps per round this way.

Games.

Game 1.
Focal points against Stormcast stardrake, staunch arcanum + 20 sequitor brick, priest, castellan, incantor, 2x5 archers.
I got to pick turns, went first, rolled forward to grab objectives and put his wizards in WoK bubble.
Opponent bombarded me with mws the whole game, most of which weren't spell-based. I failed to unbind the comet first time even with +2 and then unbound the second one for blood points.
WoK, crushers and mongers got tied in a long combat against sequitor brick and arcanum which left everyone dead but exactly 1 sequitor with 1 wound standing on objective. Double tapping WoK and mongers blowing up did most the work. Crushers botched their charge quite badly.
Skarbrand killed 2x5 bow guys that dropped to lure him away in 1 phase of combat without any dice rolls, then proceeded to kill a Stardrake in another round.
Karanak chewed on a priest who teleported to grab objective.
At the end the opponent was left with 2 home objectives controlled by 1 model each so I won.
Major victory for Khorne.

Notes:
I was reaffirmed in my decision to make mongers the main support instead of bloodsecrator, because he would die to non-spell mws very fast.
Crushers really need some +charge help to pull off their thing.
WoK needs some sort of combat artifact to carry a combat by himself.

Game 2.
Battle for the pass against Moon gobbos 2x60 stabba bricks, 2x spore fanatic guys, 4 assorted shamans, loonboss, 15 boingrots.
I got to pick turns, went first, rolled forward to grab objectives (remembering thing about how hard is to dislodge gobbos from objectives unless you grab them first) and put his wizards in WoK bubble. Exactly same as Stormcast game.
He ran forward, failed a lot of his spells and got the rest unbound.
WoK, 1 dog unit and mongers killed one blob of grots in a long combat with the help of double tapping.
Skarbrand and crushers killed the other one. Skarbrand smashed half the 60 brick in one pile in and hillariously whiffed 5 normal axe attacks on 2 fanatics, which prevented him from piling up and finishing the blob, afterwards he was poked to death.
Boingrots cleaned up the WoK flank, but died to double tapping juggernauts and karanak afterwads.
Opponent hadn't much left after that to fight with.
Major victory for Khorne.

Notes:
-hit really sucks for all our 4+ hit attacks, Skarbrand included, thankfully gobbos die in droves to his mortal wounds, wok and juggernaut rhino attacks.
Don't be greedy with Skarbrand's normal axe, it's very wonky profile. Divert the mw axe on important targets, then let the normal axe

Game 3.
Better part of valour against Fireslayers, 30x hearthguard, 20x hearthguard, magmadroth, assorted heroes in a battalion to make hearthguard fight twice and host which makes hearthguard fight first. Yep, it's that one matchup where you hate your life.
He's lower drop, makes me go first.
I run forward with dogs as close as possible, my desperate plan is to win a round 2 roll off and somehow position Skarbrand to not die to strike fist and double smash his brick. Meanwhile the flying WoK should jump over another blob and go for his backline objectives.
He smashes dogs turn 1, wins roll off, smashes the Skarbrand turn 2 with his megablob, but gets bogged down with other blob on WoK+crusher flank, much thanks to bronze flesh on WoK.
So WoK jumps over his blob, goes into backline and captures 1 objective.
I still can win if I win another roll off, let all my objectives tick and then next turn burn them and threaten his last objective with WoK.
Sadly, I lose the favored roll off and the game. Still that was a 60% chance to win an almost unwinnable game otherwise, so I'm fine with that.
Major loss for Khorne.

Notes:
I think the firedude toughness is manageable for thirsters, but that strike first is an absolute pain to play around. I'm not really sure how to do it without using 6" pile in.

General notes:
Generally list lived up to what I expected, needs to figure out details and some matchups (like what to do against lists that don't let Skarbrand fight).
Skarbrand is very good as expected. Point him at things and they die, often without using the dice. At this point managing Skarbrand effectively should be the main priority.
Mongers are great screen for Skarbrand and thirsters in general. They are bulky in wounds meaning at least 1 usually survives, they don't mind dying, they have big bases that prevent opponent from hitting thirsters, but still let thirsters attack through with their 2".
WoK projected his big antimagic dong on the whole table, but I'm not sure how good that is. I wish he had combat artifact, but fail to see any good ones for him. Maybe just +1 damage?
Crushers were average. The 6 dude charge bonus is absolutely a trap rule, but they are bulky enough to survive and double tap back with their 3+/3+ rhino attacks. I wish there was a better demon unit to take, I think I want to split them at the very least.
Dogs were whatever. They are fast at least.
Karanak was meh, mostly used as mobile leadership bubble. His d3 mws on successful unbind/dispel actually mattered, don't forget about it.
Bronze flesh priest overperformed. 3+ thirster can survive much much more than a 4+ thirster. I think this is also literally the only way to protect Skarbrand from shooting.
Sacrifice priest underperformed. He's sitting there at the altar and spamming bps and still can fail (25% fail chance is a lot) meaning that's a 100pt model doing absolutely nothing when the whiff happens. Sure, some times the additional bp was clutch, but if this 100pt was a different model maybe it could earn those bps instead, at the very least by dying.
2+ ignore spell artifact was relevant. WoK is susceptible to chip damage and debuff from spells otherwise.
Talisman of burning blood wasn't very relevant, but I don't see any better artifact to put on a priest. Aetherquartz brooch maybe? Still, +1 charge helps Skarbrand to not whiff on a charge.

Every turn of every game I wished I had something to teleport around, which makes me want to have Skarr. He's also a good source of bps from him respawning and dying.
The list really lack any kind of wound reroll and unless I'm missing something Khorne demons don't get that. And that sucks because a lot of my thirster attacks whiffed on that 3+ to wound.

The conservative update to list would be:

Spoiler

Reapers of vengeance

Blood hunt battalion
-Wok thirster: trait for unbind, 2+ ignore spell artifact
-Karanak
-3x5 dogs
-2x3 crushers

-Skarbrand
-2x5 mongers
-skarr
-priest: bronze flesh, talisman of burning blood

The experimental update would be switching WoK for UF, Karanak for Skulltaker and battalion for Slaughterhost. That would increase drop count by 1 and have considerably less antimagic.

IMG_20190929_123413.jpg

IMG_20190929_161800.jpg

IMG_20190929_183104.jpg

Edited by Smooth criminal
  • Like 2

On 9/29/2019 at 3:17 AM, Ratzinkaiser said:

Hey all,
Current set up is;

Hide contents

Bloodforged Battalion
 - Skullgrinder
 - 10x Blood Warriors
 - 5x Wrathmongers
 - 5x Wrathmongers
Dark Feast Battalion
 - Slaughterpriest
 - Bloodstoker
 - 30x Bloodreavers
 - 20x Bloodreavers
 - 20x Bloodreavers

I tried putting up together 2 battalion lists and none of them clicked together well enough. In my opinion it makes sense only in 1 case, when you do a 2-3 drop list and play Goretide to do the 1st turn alpha with reavers/warriors to whack opponent before he buffs himself and also tarpit him in his deploy.

If you don't do that there is no reason for second battalion, because it taxes the list too much with unnecessary picks and battalion cost.

Dark feast will absolutely work for it, but Bloodforged while being a decent battalion in its' own right won't help that gameplan. The best complimentary battalion in my opinion is Gore pilgrims since you can have bloodsecrator aura reach your fast dudes with it. The problem will be dealing with tough units since all you have in feast+pilgrims will be warriors and reavers. I guess you can mw people to death with 3 priest or maybe try to fit a skarbrand/bt thirster.

Tommorrow I can finally test the Slaughterborn Battalion :D The Following List will be tested against Death, either NH or LoN :D

Allegiance: Khorne
- Slaughterhost: The Goretide
Mortal Realm: Ulgu ->Fluff
Bloodsecrator (120)
- Artefact: Thronebreaker's Torc
Bloodstoker (80)
Exalted Deathbringer with Impaling Spear (80)
Lord of Chaos (140)
- General
- Trait: Hew the Foe
- Artefact: Gorecleaver
Skulltaker (120)
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh

10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxes
30 x Bloodletters (300)
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades
5 x Wrathmongers (140)
5 x Skullreapers (180)
- Goreslick Blades
5 x Skullreapers (180)
- Goreslick Blades
Slaughterborn (180)
Hexgorger Skulls (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 147

• Like 1

Well, we finished that game. It was vs 2k Nighthaunt, my list as above, my enemy had Kurdoss, Prince Vhoridrai, Olynder, a Black Coach, some Ghosts and some Support heroes. We went with Vhorodrai as ally beeing ok as we wanted to see the model on the table.

We played an open game with some narrative rules: 4'x6' Board, divided in lengths as our territories. He had a ruin and some forests as terrain and 3 mission objectives, one in the middle of each board. All were scored at the last battleround, the outer ones beeing 1D3 VP, the middle one flat 3, beeing the entrance to Kurdoss Castle :D  We also used the Reinforcement narrative rule, or actually I did as my opponent didn´t wanted to do so with his army. 30 Bloodletters and Skulltaker were send as my demonic Reingforcement.

All in all it was a nice game but the list maybe a bit too much against the enemy list. The game was decided pretty much by initiative as I really had each single roll in my favor. I went first on my opponents desire, moved closer but not more than average 6". Just enough so my Bloodwarriors could be buffed and flinged onto the first objective. Then my opponent had the doubleturn (on my decision) and made quite an expensive missplay: On his first turn he only did some repositioning to keep a defensive stance. On the second he went full into offensive and charged with his Black Coach and Vhordrodrai from both flanks, right into my chaff. One combat later I had the perfect positioning for an countercharge and some spare Bloodtithe Points. Also his Knight of Shrouds killed my Exalted Deathbringer with Impaling Spear, only to be slapped down to one wound by my Lord of Chaos and be finished by my Skullreapers. The Lord of Chaos proved to be an insane combat monster: 32mm roundbase loaded with 2x5 3+/3+ Attacks, one with D2 and the other with -3 Rend, D3 and Double Damage on Woundrolls of 6, with a reroll 1 to hit (and 1 to wound if close by a objective). On my turn the Lord of Chaos and a unit of Skullreapers went for Vhordrai, the Skulltaker and Bloodletters appeared to charge one of the flanks to go for the objective. Well, the Lord of Chaos was my first Activation and soloed the Vhordrai with only one weapon, which was a quite badass move in the game. Afterwards the bloodletters failed a bit to kill that 20 Chainrasps, the Skulltaker failed each single combat to harm any Chainrasp at all btw. The daemons had to act to far away from the +1A Buffs and really lost output due to that.

Until the end of the game some Bloodwarriors killed Olynder and her Chainrasps, Kurdoss came from the Castle to avenge Vhordrai and slapped my LoC right into Spawndom, one Skullreaper blobb and some Wrathmongers killed the Black Coach (which in return killed 4 Wrathmongers and caused the last one to run).

We ended the game mid turn 4 as I could easily move onto each single objective next turn. Big Victory for Khorne!

It was a lot of fun and the whole game could end differently if

1. I´d failed rolling or assigning initiative right
  2. He´d tied my chaff with some other chaff units so the following combat would force my hammer to move around the combat
  3. He had decided to either fully charge or keep defensive during his first doubleturn.

We will have a rematch on Friday :)

• Like 1

So buying a bloodthirster today and wondering which of one would go best into mortal themed list as a stand alone model for a local tourny.

If there is no real benefit I'll just go rule of cool!

**When I finish my army mentioned previously in this thread it will most likely be used as summons. 

List for the tourney

Spoiler

++ Chaos - Khorne ++

+ Leader +

Bloodsecrator [120pts]

Bloodstoker [80pts]

Chaos Lord on Manticore [250pts]

<Insert any bloodthirster> which would most likely be general

+ Battleline +

Chaos Warriors [180pts]: 2x 5 Chaos Warriors, Chaos Hand Weapons and Chaos Runeshields, Hornblower, Khorne, Standard Bearer

+ Other +

Chaos Knights [160pts]: 5 Chaos Knights, Ensorcelled Weapon, Hornblower, Khorne, Standard Bearer

Chaos Knights [160pts]: 5 Chaos Knights, Ensorcelled Weapon, Hornblower, Khorne, Standard Bearer

Battalion: Gore Pilgrims 
. Blood Warriors: 5 Blood Warriors, Goreaxe and Gorefist, Icon Bearer
. Bloodreavers: 10 Bloodreavers, Hornblowers, Icon Bearers, Reaver Blades
. Bloodsecrator
. Slaughterpriest: Hackblade & Wrath-hammer
. Slaughterpriest: Hackblade & Wrath-hammer

• Like 1