AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

57 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Next unit I’m gonna try: Magore’s fiends! I’m interested to see them in action. As Riptooth and Magore’s Fiends are separate units, does that mean if Riptootth dies, we get Blood Tithe for him? 

VERY interested in how this goes! They are my third fave warband, and I'd love to incorporate them, even if they are stinky weak mortals. 😉

• Like 1

Hello togther, i have a question concerining the use of Bloodchrushers in comparison to the mighty Skullcrushers. Is there any realistic use in the new battletome for Bloodcrushers? 

Skullcrushers have a better armour save, one more wound and more attacks per miniature.

If i look at these facts, what could be the reason to use the Bloodcrusher other then a daemonic legion of Khorne?

I ask you this Question, because I have six unbuilded Bloodcrusher at home and i think hard about to use them as Skullcrusher.

In this case i would use the legs and the bodies from chaosknigths to rebuild them as Skullcrushers.

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

VERY interested in how this goes! They are my third fave warband, and I'd love to incorporate them, even if they are stinky weak mortals. 😉

Yep! Personally I prefer these guys to Garrek's, because I feel that Magore is more efficient: The Fiends are like a 5 man blood warrior unit, Riptooth gives them free re-rolls making them quite self-sufficient, and our attack buffs benefit Magore a LOT. I like that Riptooth is a single hound, providing yet ANOTHER unbind. Garrek's are really cool, but I don thave them. YET.

4 minutes ago, Rhargar said:

Hello togther, i have a question concerining the use of Bloodchrushers in comparison to the mighty Skullcrushers. Is there any realistic use in the new battletome for Bloodcrushers? 

Skullcrushers have a better armour save, one more wound and more attacks per miniature.

If i look at these facts, what could be the reason to use the Bloodcrusher other then a daemonic legion of Khorne?

I ask you this Question, because I have six unbuilded Bloodcrusher at home and i think hard about to use them as Skullcrusher.

In this case i would use the legs and the bodies from chaosknigths to rebuild them as Skullcrushers.

You'll be quite surprised actually. 6 bloodcrusher units are strong, unlike 6 skullcrusher units imo. 6 skullcrusher units are extremely expensive. I like skullcrushers as 3 dude roadblocks and objective grabbers that take forever to shift. They also jam super well.

Bloodcrushers are what I use as a proper hammer. My Daemon focused lists use a 6 bloodcrusher team as a hammer, alongside my many other hammers (Insensate rage, skullreapers, etc). Bloodcrushers are good,I like them because of their cost. Footprint is unwieldy, but I like the fact that they are points efficient. The charge does most of the damage, treat the blades and the jugger attacks as just a bonus. If possible, try fitting them under a attack buff, like secrator or mongers, although it can be hard due to footprint.

3 hours ago, Kaz said:

Next unit I’m gonna try: Magore’s fiends! I’m interested to see them in action. As Riptooth and Magore’s Fiends are separate units, does that mean if Riptootth dies, we get Blood Tithe for him? 

I'm excited to see how it goes for you!

I mean, we're talking about two units, so two blood tithe, for 120 points; a pup that rerolls charges, lets the Fiends reroll charges, and can unbind; a small-footprint unit for the "wholly within" standard for buffs, and TWO weapons with rend -1! They've got a lot going for them in an MSU, pawn-sacrifice army!

Rules question: if you summon a unit in an army in which you've selected a Slaughterhost, does the summoned unit get the Slaughterhost keyword? I'm thinking no but wanted to double check.

I'm wondering for the sake of using Leave None Alive via a summoned hero.

24 minutes ago, Render said:

Rules question: if you summon a unit in an army in which you've selected a Slaughterhost, does the summoned unit get the Slaughterhost keyword? I'm thinking no but wanted to double check.

I'm wondering for the sake of using Leave None Alive via a summoned hero.

Yes, page 2 of the designers notes.

• Thanks 1

Magore's Fiends and Riptooth where in almost all my list pre-battle tome for all the reasoned mentioned.

I havnt used them since tome for a couple reasons. Now Slaughter Priest all have unbind and usually thats as many as i need. This is an important point tho because Riptooth used to get a +2 to his unbind (which he doesn't now) if he was standing next to daemon hero which is very easy to do if you summoned a Bloodmaster for 2 Tithe, which ment you didn't need to waste a slot on a hero just to babysit Riptooth. The other change was that Magore's no longer counts towards battalions which to me is a big one too; as they are much better than 5 Warriors and if you just need minimum requirement they where best choice. They benifit from Goretide command ability now which is sweet.

They are still good, i just end up using those points for Judgments now tho. The lack of battalion option is the main reason.

So I am playing around with a 2 battalion list without a slaughterhost and managed to make a 3 drop list with the potential for a lot of antimagic and MW output. I am going to give this a go

Deamon price w blade of judgement

Blood secrator w Berzerker lord and wrath banner 

3 priests

Blood stoker w blade of secrets

2 x 10 blood warriors

2x 10 blood reavers

2 x 5 skull reapers

Khorgorath

Skulls

Axe

Gorepilgrims 

Skull take

Everything apart from stoker, reavers and khorgorath can do MW.

secrator w Berzerker lord has a 5+ feel no pain and does MW each combat

Prince is a hero killer

Bllod stoker can use his whip as blade of secrets to make a wizard forget a spell

Warrieos have gore fists for MW and anvil

reavers die for daemons, hold objectives

skulls reapers do what they do

Khorgie is a bonus killer unit

I doubt its going to do amazing in a tournament but could be a good fun list with some nasty tricks

36 minutes ago, ChaosUndivided said:

If you take Magore's then you also have tp take Riptooth. Can't have one without the other as per warscrolls. Otherwise ya that would make for more interesting choice. I really wish the battalion warscrolls had Blood Warriors in bold letters especially Blood Mad, oh well.

I don't remember seeing that rule in the book? Which page was it on?

Oh.. Good call. I guess that also changed. It used to say it on old warscrolls. Yeah on his own Riptooth is cheap Tithe then.

I'm wondering if there is some blood tithe list where we can get to 6 - 8 tithe by end of second turn with dependability.

Edit: back when Gryph Hounds where 40 a piece they where most annoying objective grabbers.

Edited by ChaosUndivided

On 4/26/2019 at 8:54 PM, ledha said:

So, third game was against another stormcast, with a scary list :  1 castellant, 1 heraldor, 1 arcanum on gryph 20 sequitors, 5 sequitors, 5 sequitors, 10 evocators, and 9 vanguards raptor hurricane with 3 aetherwing. In anvilstrike, naturally. So, lot of resilience and shooting power to devastate my army. 

I decided to give him  the first turn, because i can't afford to take the risk to give him a double turn possibility. He run his army toward me and the objectives, deepstriking 5 sequitors and 10 evocators on the middle objective (who gave 3 pts and was in a giant scenery giving cover to everyone), and 5 sequitors as well as 9 raptors on my right flank. His left flank was holded by 20 sequitors + castellant and a gryph hound in front of them. The raptor shots 6 bloodwarriors (could have been worse...). He scored 5 pts.

I killed the gryph hound and all the 2x5 sequitors without any problem, whithout suffering any losses (the unit of sequitor would could attack attacked the skullreapers with 3+, and without rend, thoses masses don't do much).

Cheers for your game!

As I see, the SCE player didn't equip his Seqiotors with the 3 Grandhammers, did he?
That's a thing I do always see in my local meta, that they do have the amount of Grandhammers they actually are allowed to have.

With these, they will batter you to pieces, so careful, if they ever take those!
Then they would be buffed by the Lord Arcanum on Gryph Charger, meaning he loads his shield AND hammers. So he will do a lot of dmg, rerolling all hit rolls. And he will be very durable, rerolling all save rolls.

Just as an advice, for future games.

10 minutes ago, Battlefury said:

Cheers for your game!

As I see, the SCE player didn't equip his Seqiotors with the 3 Grandhammers, did he?
That's a thing I do always see in my local meta, that they do have the amount of Grandhammers they actually are allowed to have.

With these, they will batter you to pieces, so careful, if they ever take those!
Then they would be buffed by the Lord Arcanum on Gryph Charger, meaning he loads his shield AND hammers. So he will do a lot of dmg, rerolling all hit rolls. And he will be very durable, rerolling all save rolls.

Just as an advice, for future games.

My opponents had all the grandhammer they could. But the slaughterborn give to bloodwarriors/skullreapers the ability to ignore 1 point of rend (rend-2 become rend -1, rend-1 become no rend), and the grandhammer, without rend (because it's only rend-1), against a unit with a 3+ save (with the prayer buff), don't have a lot of impact.

As for the rerolling saves, skullreapers with rerolling all hit and fished for 6 usually do around 8/10 mortal wound each time, which is enough to one-shot units of 5 and slaughter biggers units on the long run

Edited by ledha
  • Like 1

Hi guys,I need help. next week I have a 2 Vs 2 tournament in my reference store.
Rules:

8 teams (a good omen? Lol) 2vs2

750 points (hero and battleline from 1000 points)
No behemoth
Only 1 for unit type, and at the minimum number
(this rules doesn't affect evocations) Scenarios from the general handbook

I play khorne and my girlfriend plays nurgle

This is her list:

Allegiance: Nurgle

Leaders
Gutrot Spume (140)

Battleline
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)

Units
3 x Plague Drones (200)
3 x Nurglings (100)

Total: 720/750
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0/200
Wounds: 64

1gnarlmaw and a beast of nurgle to summon.
Gutrot, blightkings and nurglings are for deepstrike

Here is my list:
Allegiance: Khorne

Leaders
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy
Skulltaker (120)
Bloodsecrator (140)

Battleline
10 x Bloodletters (110)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)

Units
3 x Bloodcrushers (140)

Endless Spells
Hexgorger Skulls (40)

Khorne altar

Total: 750/750
Wounds: 48

Would you change it?
Who to make general?
 Do I use a Slaughterhosts? what prayer?
Thanks to the many possible deaths I would like to focus on the evocation of demons with the bloodtite 

I started warhammer from two years, I have a good collection of khorne miniatures, but I've had less than 10 battles, (because of my character, I'm a little shy) so little experience

3 hours ago, Glaidos said:

Hi guys,I need help. next week I have a 2 Vs 2 tournament in my reference store.
Rules:

8 teams (a good omen? Lol) 2vs2

750 points (hero and battleline from 1000 points)
No behemoth
Only 1 for unit type, and at the minimum number
(this rules doesn't affect evocations) Scenarios from the general handbook

I play khorne and my girlfriend plays nurgle

This is her list:

Allegiance: Nurgle

Leaders
Gutrot Spume (140)

Battleline
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)

Units
3 x Plague Drones (200)
3 x Nurglings (100)

Total: 720/750
Wounds: 64

1gnarlmaw and a beast of nurgle to summon.
Gutrot, blightkings and nurglings are for deepstrike

Here is my list:

Leaders
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy
Skulltaker (120)
Bloodsecrator (140)

Battleline
10 x Bloodletters (110)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)

Units
3 x Bloodcrushers (140)

Endless Spells
Hexgorger Skulls (40)

Khorne altar

Total: 750/750
Wounds: 48

Would you change it?
Who to make general?
 Do I use a Slaughterhosts? what prayer?
Thanks to the many possible deaths I would like to focus on the evocation of demons with the bloodtite 

I started warhammer from two years, I have a good collection of khorne miniatures, but I've had less than 10 battles, (because of my character, I'm a little shy) so little experience

How about "shut the magic out" list?

- Slaughterhost: Reapers of Vengeance
Mortal Realm: Ulgu
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Blood Sacrifice
Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster (320)
- General
- Trait: Mage Eater 
- Artefact: Skullshard Mantle 
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
Hexgorger Skulls (40)

Alter ofc

Total: 750 / 750
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 50

You can farm CP with sacrifice+chaoswarriors (they have 5+ from MW) for double WoKThitster fight every round, bloodboil/bind enemies and dispell every spell in universe, and chase fast enemies with your hounds. Bloodtithe for summoning will be sure plenty too - even more useful with Reapers Command.

And free kills in form of additional fleeing models - good sinergy for teamfights.

Edited by Laier

@Glaidos how many daemons have you got in your collection? I would say it's the more powerful half of the book, a daemon battalion would be a good place to start then branch out into whatever you like.

For anyone aware of the SCGT, currently Ben Johnson is doing quite well with a reapers of vengeance list, tyrants of blood and blood hunt. One of each Bloodthirster and skarbrand.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MOMUS said:

For anyone aware of the SCGT, currently Ben Johnson is doing quite well with a reapers of vengeance list, tyrants of blood and blood hunt. One of each Bloodthirster and skarbrand.

Yeah Ben is obviously a great player who understands how to win games. This is the type of list i expected to rise to top of Khorne meta. The last list using Gore Pilgrims was suprising but a good thing as it shows we are viable in a number of ways.

This is kinda what i always wanted from a battletome, a number of different builds/strategys that can each be competitive in their own way.

At the end of the day this Vengence/Tyrants/Hunts type build is going to rise to the top.

I think tyrants of Blood is very good and I have been playing Bloodthirsters for a long time (miss the old triple crimson crown days :) ). 

However I do feel it’s a bit of a crapshoot list though and very matchup dependant. 

Against some Melee lists it feels like an auto win however it’s very weak to mass shooting / magic as can’t first turn charge. Also although new Skarbrand is now amazing his change does mean Morathi can solo a couple of bloodthirsters on her own before she goes down. 

———-

I do feel board control MSU is the best. Interestingly still just playing Skarbrand included on his own as a huge win button vs Melee armies. 

@LaierAccording to the rules I can't use behemoth on the list, so no bloodthirster, just summon it ... But thank you very much for the advice, I'll take it into consideration for the upcoming events.

@MOMUSthis is my collection:

Leaders
Bloodmaster, Herald of Khorne (80)
Bloodsecrator (140)
Bloodsecrator (140)
Bloodstoker (80)
Bloodstoker (80)
Bloodthirster (magnetized) (280)
Daemon Prince of Khorne (160)
Exalted Deathbringer (80)
- Ruinous Axe & Skullgouger
Exalted Deathbringer with Impaling Spear (80)
Karanak (140)
Khorghos Khul (180)
Lord of Chaos (140)
Mighty Lord of Khorne (140)
Skarr Bloodwrath (120)
Skullgrinder (80)
Skulltaker (120)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Valkia the Bloody (120)

Battleline
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxes
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
10 x Bloodletters (110)
30 x Bloodletters (300)
30 x Bloodletters (300)
40 x Bloodreavers (240)
- Reaver Blades
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Halberd & Shield

Units
9 x Bloodcrushers (420)
1 x Chaos Chariots (80)
- Greatblades
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Chaos Glaives
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Garrek's Reavers (60)
3 x Khorgoraths (300)
3 x Mighty Skullcrushers (180)
- Bloodglaives
1 x Skull Cannons (140)
5 x Wrathmongers (140)

Behemoths
Slaughterbrute (170)
Soul Grinder (260)

Endless Spells
Bleeding Icon (40)
Hexgorger Skulls (40)
Wrath-Axe (60)

Altar of khorne 

Total: 6040 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 444

@MOMUS almost all my list are 100% mortals not because i need to win every game but i do need to have fun. The deamon side of things is just not that interesting to me. I got like 500 points of deamon stuff for summoning and i rarely even do that. So yes where do mortals stand without relying on Thirsters? Idk but it feels like a much better place than pre-tome.

I agree about big smashy solo characters. I got stuff like Warshrine, and Slaughterbrute, their big and fun but not game changing. I dislike stuff like Nagash or Stardrake as it makes the match all about them and how well that character performs. This is main reason i dont currently have Archaon.