AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

11 hours ago, ChaosUndivided said:

@Kaz Hmm thats interesting. I like the Blood Sacrifice + Resanguination combo... Never considered it because killing your own stuff with Sacrifice generates even more Blood Tithe but i could see how this could be good because instead of devoting units to Sacrifice your devoting 2x Prayers.

I prefer Bronzed Flesh over all of them to help keep my behemoths in the fight and basically any other unit hammer or anvil can benifit from it meaning there is never a bad target in range.

I use Blood Sacrifice probably more than Killing Frenzy because the Blood Tithe table is just so good. Especially when i know i wont get many BT throughout the match. But im usually looking to pull off Murderlust or Apocalyptic Frenzy as many times as possible and i have a tendency to go overboard and waste Blood Tithe when im using Sacrifice.

I really like Resanguination on the Warshrine it can turn him into a tarpit for far longer than it should and if there is any Korgoraths or monsters nearby even better.

I run a lot of list with 3 Priest (usually 2 Slaughter and 1 Warshrine) so Killing Frenzy usually makes it in there but its one of those things i don't count on... If i get it off then good but if not oh well doesnt change my plans.

One thing to take note of is that I don’t like sacrificing reavers. Their low bravery makes it a risk of accidentally killing the unit too quickly, hence why I prefer having the priest stab himself, then stab his buddy once he runs too low (if his buddy isn’t using resanguination)

21 minutes ago, shoutenraku said:

Thanks, Smooth Criminal.

I was actually weighing between a warshrine and a slaughter priest and axe but decided to go with warshrine because of the movement as it matches the juggernauts and the lord.

I intend to double buff crushers on hit bring it to 3+ rerollable and -1 rend to make sure it punches through hard.

For hammers, I intend for the juggerlord to be my backup puncher.

If you are to drop a hero which will you drop and which unit will you add?

Personally I prefer priests, mostly cuz I like keeping them under the skull Altar aura to get the re rolls, but warshrine’s Base Khorne prayer is still awesome

44 minutes ago, Kaz said:

One thing to take note of is that I don’t like sacrificing reavers. Their low bravery makes it a risk of accidentally killing the unit too quickly, hence why I prefer having the priest stab himself, then stab his buddy once he runs too low (if his buddy isn’t using resanguination)

Yeah good point... Havn't really considered that scince new tome. I could get behind this idea cuz i really like the idea of not having to devote a unit or points towards something im going to sacrifice. I'm cautious tho because it does make Priest more vulnerable while at lower health and the Resanguination could probably be put to better use or another prayer entirely. I'm gonna give this a try tho at some point.

50 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Personally I prefer priests, mostly cuz I like keeping them under the skull Altar aura to get the re rolls, but warshrine’s Base Khorne prayer is still awesome

I can't speak highly enuff of the Warshrine's Favor of Khorne prayer. First off you only need a 3+ meaning you don't have to rely on altar as much. It doesn't hurt you on a roll of 1. And in combination with Blood Stoker's reroll all failed wounds it turns ordinary units into powerhouses. Its excellent on Reapers who are fighting a behemoth, Blood Warriors whether they are holding off a mob of attackers or long bomb charging, and i would imagine Skull Crushers. Also the shrine its self is just great for a number of reasons, just don't expect it to punch much to death.

1 hour ago, SmileB4uDieXD said:

Can any one help me with archaons command ability?

It specifically says 'all other Chaos Heroes in your army can use 1 command ability that is on their warscrolls and which can be used in the hero phase' (emphasis mine), so yeah. Just the ones that can specifically be used in the hero phase which isn't a lot. It was always really difficult to build for that ability anyway, and taking him as your general means you lose out on the command trait. 

Edited by Grimrock

I got to admit, that I am absolutely angry right now.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/04/22/battletome-preview-hedonites-of-slaaneshgw-homepage-post-2/

Khorne is designed to fail.
As we suggested, Slaanesh will come in like a ****** truckload of bricks, that will shredd our army to pieces.

Please take your time to read throught he enire Warhammer community article, and concider, what will happen.
Take a special look at

Locus of Diversion

Sry for not being that positive anymore. I was motovated when our book came out, I ranted when I saw what we got, got positive and encouraged again...but I guess the design flaws are obvious right now.

Edited by Battlefury
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Battlefury said:

I got to admit, that I am absolutely angry right now.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/04/22/battletome-preview-hedonites-of-slaaneshgw-homepage-post-2/

Khorne is designed to fail.
As we suggested, Slaanesh will come in like a ****** truckload of bricks, that will shredd our army to pieces.

Please take your time to read throught he enire Warhammer community article, and concider, what will happen.
Take a special look at

Locus of Diversion

Sry for not being that positive anymore. I was motovated when our book came out, I ranted when I saw what we got, got positive and encouraged again...but I guess the design flaws are obvious right now.

Slaanesh army wide base abilities. Well they are basically a daemon army. 

SlaaneshRules-Apr22-LocusDiversion2uce.jpg

SlaaneshRules-Apr22-EuphoricKillers1ycs.jpg

I wonder how locus of diversion interacts with the tyrants of blood ability. For example, you have the bloodthirster with halo of blood fighting some random unit, nowhere near a hero, and another bloodthirster near a greater daemon. The locus can go off on the non-halo bloodthirster, but that bloodthirster isn't technically under the effect of any rule that states he can fight at the start of the combat phase, just that they fight immediately after another bloodthirster (which just so happens to be at the start of the phase). So which takes precidence, fighting 'immediately' or always fighting last? Definitely going to need a faq. 

Either way, definitely a feels bad moment for people that are relying on halo of blood (or FEC for that matter), I'm glad I didn't splurge on the two bloodthirsters haha. Actually I think I might need to add to my rule: not only should I skip buying anything until after the 2 week FAQ/nerf, I should wait until the next book comes out to see if GW adds any direct counters to the best strategy. Don't forget slaanesh is getting a character greater daemon that is specifically built to hunt other greater daemons with khorne being singled out. Can't imagine that's going to be a good time either.

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 1

You know what's most infuriating of all? Slaanesh is literally more thematic and better at combat than the literal god of war. Exploding dice, running and charging, forcing opponents to fight last, etc. 

Khorne the literaly army plays like a support group, everyone huddled together, helping each other out, giving each other self esteem boosts and hugs so they can fight better instead of the frothing mad berserkers that kill their own in lore. What the actual ****** man.

Khorne should be about getting to you as fast as possible, as self sufficiently as possible (Khorne armies BARELY work together in so much as they all basically head in the same direction to kill whatever is there in the books and lore and often times kill each other because blood for the blood god) and as brutally as possible. Not handing out hugs and kisses and sticking together and marching as friends all within a limited area so everyone improves each other to fight their best. 

Who designed Khorne? This is Stormcast ******. This is working together and cooperation ******. Why are we so buff reliant and our individual units are so mediocre? Why are we so slow? Why are we worse at combat than everyone other combat army? WHO MADE THIS BOOK? WHY IS THE GOD OF WAR TERRIBLE AT WAR?

Why are we staying anywhere from 16'' to 8'' wholly within each other and are utterly ineffectual without combined arms of this buff and that buff and this guy helping and that guy helping before we actually get to efficient levels of killing? 

Slaanesh just runs at you turn one and has rampagingly exploding dice that create even more attacks that swarm you in dice more than Ork boyz and then make you fight last whilst also handing out debuffs to make it EVEN HARDER to fight them back in return. 

:|

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Battlefury said:

image.png.61e997d0da7990468c099f3021c62ec2.png
Really? Why even?

They also benifit from euphoric killer 6s become 2hits that and keepers hit on 3. Though 3 to hit could change. Strongest alone is from the pretender host command trait so they also get a second command trait and possibly an artifact if they choose for the general.  on a 2+ you attack last. Again assuming they picked a keeper of secrets. But if you kill it they lose a lot.

• Like 1

Whip of Subversion is in a way kind of like the old Wrathmongers ability. Sweet. Thanks for taking that away and essentially giving it to a new army, but also better because the damage just happens instead of it going through the entire combat phase against itself. 

• Like 1

+++ MOD HAT +++

I'm currently sat poised to start issuing warning points due to the sheer amount of negativity in this thread - very disappointing considering it wasn't long ago I put up a similar post...  As a fellow Khorne player and today has been a hobby fuelled sunny day I will be lenient.

However - @Battlefury & @Ravinsild (and anybody else who will fit this hat) - we will not tolerate personal insults towards other people, including GW rules writers, quite simply it's rude and isn't what I or anybody else expects on this forum.

Finally, this is also a KHORNE* thread - our patron deity does not like talk of other factions especially the decadent Slaanesh.  Can I please stop seeing complaints about "they're better than us" especially when a Battletome hasn't even been released yet!  It doesn't contribute towards the conversation.

* capitals as the god of war is angry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, shoutenraku said:

Thanks, Smooth Criminal.

I was actually weighing between a warshrine and a slaughter priest and axe but decided to go with warshrine because of the movement as it matches the juggernauts and the lord.

I intend to double buff crushers on hit bring it to 3+ rerollable and -1 rend to make sure it punches through hard.

I'd drop the Stoker and the Bloodsecrator for Warmongers and a unit of Reavers.

Edited by jazman84

I knew Slaanesh will get army-wide strike first rule.

Anyway, before freaking out about Slaanesh consider that "double hits on 6" is exactly what letters/reapers do except with mws and that slaanesh is generally a 5+ save or worse army. Also they didn't show any +hit/wound so far, so it's just pile of weak attacks the faction. Also "enemy unit wholly within 16" is kind of a brutal condition to fulfill.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, shoutenraku said:

Thanks, Smooth Criminal.

Personally, I would drop lord+shrine and get 2x10 man units of warriors total and upgrade stoker to priest with frenzy or bronzed flesh.

The issue with lord is that he's a hefty tax for playing  crushers battleline and he's not very killy considering 180 buys you a reaper unit, I don't think he's suited for smaller sized games. Also if you go Goretide his ability is kind of redunant.

Basically you need a killy battleline, that's 2x200 at the very least.  Crushers can't go lower than 360.  You're left with 240pt of support and secrator+priest is the best choice. You can switch crushers for 5xreapers for example and take a shrine or lord back, but why would you when they do nothing for reapers.

No point getting upset about Slaanesh. We havnt even seen the point changes yet. Everyone complained when they seen Skaven battletome and now its considered tier 1 ( which by the way Khorne is a counter to). This could just as well be the reverse, looks good in preview and gut wrenching in reality.

Besides these two armies getting their updates back to back before GHB 19 hits is good - gives them a window to balance them. I'm sure GHB 19 is gonna shake things up.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chocolate Obturator said:

List for the above post

Allegiance: Khorne
 - Slaughterhost: The Skullfiend Tribe

LEADERS
Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage (280) - General - Command Trait : Master Decapitator  - Artefact :  Crowncleaver  
Bloodsecrator (140) - Banner of Khorne (Artefact) : Banner of Wrath
Slaughterpriest (100) - Blood Blessing : Bronzed Flesh
Slaughterpriest (100) - Blood Blessing : Killing Frenzy
Slaughterpriest (100) - Blood Blessing : Resanguination

UNITS
5 x Blood Warriors (100) - Gorefists
10 x Bloodreavers (70) - Reaver Blades
10 x Flesh Hounds (200)
10 x Chaos Knights (320) - Ensorcelled Weapons
4 x Khorgoraths (400)

BATTALIONS
Gore Pilgrims (140)

ENDLESS SPELLS
Bleeding Icon (40)

TOTAL: 1990/2000     EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1     WOUNDS: 139
LEADERS: 5/6    BATTLELINES: 3 (3+)    BEHEMOTHS: 1/4    ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 2/2    ALLIES: 0/400

Thanks brother for the battle report! Just some questions: Do you feel the Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage is worth without being buffer? What do you feel is the minimum amount of buffs for him to work? 

And how are the skullfiend tribe and the Khorgoraths at their current points? Was the re-roll to hits of 1 coming up often? And was the command ability efficient? 

Also, when the Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage activates Outrageous Carnage, and vaporizes 2 unfortunate enemy heroes (let’s imagine them to be lords of Slaanesh, to vent our fury), is that counted as being slain by an attack for purposes of the Skullfiend command trait? That would make the Insensate Rage thirstier really cool 

9 hours ago, shoutenraku said:

Hmm....for sacrifice maybe we can go with chaos warriors for the 5+ ward against mortal wounds?

I usually would go with the slaughter priests, but I'm not quite sure about them in my list as I intend to rush in fast.

Personally if I bring chaos warriors I’d rather send them forward as a roadblock, instead of having them pick daisies around the skull altar, especially since the MWs that get through the shield WILL ignore their  good armor saves. 

Personally, I could foresee my priests stabbing a skull Cannon... 

9 hours ago, ChaosUndivided said:

Yeah good point... Havn't really considered that scince new tome. I could get behind this idea cuz i really like the idea of not having to devote a unit or points towards something im going to sacrifice. I'm cautious tho because it does make Priest more vulnerable while at lower health and the Resanguination could probably be put to better use or another prayer entirely. I'm gonna give this a try tho at some point.

I can't speak highly enuff of the Warshrine's Favor of Khorne prayer. First off you only need a 3+ meaning you don't have to rely on altar as much. It doesn't hurt you on a roll of 1. And in combination with Blood Stoker's reroll all failed wounds it turns ordinary units into powerhouses. Its excellent on Reapers who are fighting a behemoth, Blood Warriors whether they are holding off a mob of attackers or long bomb charging, and i would imagine Skull Crushers. Also the shrine its self is just great for a number of reasons, just don't expect it to punch much to death.

Very good points there, my only hesitation is that the Warshrine night get changed in the upcoming Slaves to Darkness/Darkoath Battletome. HOWEVER. Re-rolls to hit for gorefist blood Warriors are a godsend, just as Bloodreavers would love it too. Combine it with Bloodstoker’s whip, you get a super blender (how to make a smoothie from the viscera of your foes, especially slaaneshi ones)

1 hour ago, DMMP! said:

In general would running 3x Skullreapers with Slaughterhost be economical? Or is that too much point investment? Or is it really just dependent on your list and match up?

Personally I dislike 3 units of Skullreapers. That would be very ex. If I could, I’d swap that for 2 5 Reaper units and 1 Wrathmonger unit, in a slaughterborn

If i used a bloodmad warband, then I use a 10-man reaper

overall, I prefer having multiple hammers, in separate units, because other factions rely on deathstars, that can be tarpitted, debuffed or focused super hard

one of our greatest strengths is the self sufficiency of reapers, such that we can put down multiple threats

• Like 1

@Ravinsild@Battlefuryhey guys, I’m not exactly the voice of reason, though I’m equerry to Primarch Angron, so hopefully that means something.

i love this thread, because of all of you guys and your sheer passion. The complaining is honestly not THAT bad, and personally, I feel that your complaining kinda shows your sheer zeal for Khorne (he appreciates it, a bit)

Yet, one of the greatest strengths of us champions of khorne is the fact we’re not petty. 

The Slaaneshi thread has them groaning about how they don’t have mortals, and then dissing Khorne about having so many mortals (boo we don’t have mortals, it’s the end of the world! Something like that), despite the Slaanesh lads getting great rules!

Don’t forget, we’re blessed with a supremely cool Battletome and range, and look at what we’ve done so far. 

Judgements give us supreme tactical flexibility. We laugh at magic. 

Blood Warriors are actually worth using. We have more viable Battalions than ever before

our Bloodsecrator moves, we aren’t limited to just wrath of Khorne thirster because the rest are actually good

korghos Khul is worth using

slaughterhosts are awesome new tricks for us

So, when we do whine, we are feeding NURGLE, the fat sack of pus and disease. When we wishlist for things that will never happen, we feed TZEENTCH, the weakling lord of magic! When we jump into playing or hating on them slaanesh just “cuz they got better rules bruh”, we feed SLAANESH, The ARCH ENEMY OF KHORNE! 

So on our salt, the other gods dare encroach on our territory, and become empowered. We must fight them back! And how can we do this, you may ask?

Battle reports, tactics, discussion, occasional roars of BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! And the occasional dose of inspiration when one of us is feeling down! The rumor thread fears us brothers, we think we are weak, yet they fear us (I’m not kidding, I think someone was talking to Sleboda that time)

That has to mean something right? 

As such, let’s be happy our Slaaneshi foes get something new, why? Because we have worthy blood to offer Khorne! And it will mean more people come into this glorious hobby, keeping the game alive and sating our hunger for fresh skulls for the skull Throne!

the other gods will batter us, the bastions of Order will force us back, the hordes of destruction will drag us down, and the servants of death will resist our rage. 

Like Khârn said at Armatura, when the Nails took over... 

“Our Turn”. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1