AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

You could cut them before the elbow if you had gorefist arms. That would be more secure to glue them I think. I'm not sure if gorefist arms are out there for cheap though. Foot marauder shields might be cheaper and they are the same size if you go shields.

edit: Gorefist arms are cheap on eBay right now!

Edited by kahadin
  • Like 2

@BjornasIt really depends on the mindset of your local player community.

Here, where I play it is: what you see, is what you get! Meaning, that it would have to be a buckler.
If the players are more liberal, you could possibly go wth the other option. Are you playing free games only?

Then you should be fine with any option.

You can also do this:

The number of equipment determins the equipment of any unit. So if 6 out of 10 have a buckerl the rest will have too.
At least thats an exaptable approach.

3 hours ago, Bjornas said:

Modelling query: As I'm re-modelling my Bloodwarriors to have something to counts-as Gorefists instead of double Axes, I'm juggling two options:

1) Snip one Axe and put a huge dagger there instead (probably from the Bloodreaver sprue)

or

2) Snip one Axe and put a buckler-ish shield there instead (probably scavenge eBay for marauder horsemen shields)

I'm leaning towards option 1 as it's much more convenient. What do you think about a dagger representing a Gorefist though, compared to a buckler? How have you guys dealt with this?

/Bjornas

I wouldn't just put a knife in his hand, I think it would need to be a fist weapon of some sort or a bladed shield.

Could you possibly attach the blade to his fist somehow? Nowhere in the description does it say it's a shield, just references a "counter punch". So as long as it looks like he can punch the enemy with it I think you'll be golden.

47 minutes ago, kahadin said:

You could cut them before the elbow if you had gorefist arms. That would be more secure to glue them I think. I'm not sure if gorefist arms are out there for cheap though. Foot marauder shields might be cheaper and they are the same size if you go shields.

edit: Gorefist arms are cheap on eBay right now!

Yeah, I have the multipart set so I can do that if I want. However it's more work and, most of all, I really don't like how they look :/ which is a big part for me haha.

Are you 100% sure the foot marauder shields are the same size as the horse marauders'?

47 minutes ago, Battlefury said:

@BjornasIt really depends on the mindset of your local player community.

Here, where I play it is: what you see, is what you get! Meaning, that it would have to be a buckler.
If the players are more liberal, you could possibly go wth the other option. Are you playing free games only?

Then you should be fine with any option.

You can also do this:

The number of equipment determins the equipment of any unit. So if 6 out of 10 have a buckerl the rest will have too.
At least thats an exaptable approach.

Yeah we're pretty open about equipment etc here, as long as it's not long-term (ie new battletime which makes other equipment better...) or the entire army. However I might go to the odd tournament and don't want it to become too much of a discussion. 

So you think bucklers would be closer to how Gorefists work compared to a dagger then?

2 minutes ago, Retro said:

I wouldn't just put a knife in his hand, I think it would need to be a fist weapon of some sort or a bladed shield.

Could you possibly attach the blade to his fist somehow? Nowhere in the description does it say it's a shield, just references a "counter punch". So as long as it looks like he can punch the enemy with it I think you'll be golden.

Bladed shield, kind of like a buckler then. I like that idea, looks like it's eBay time :)

3 minutes ago, Bjornas said:

Bladed shield, kind of like a buckler then. I like that idea, looks like it's eBay time :)

Just make sure to cover it in spikes or blades. Skullcrusher kits have quite a few in them if you didn't stick them all over the model.

6 hours ago, Bjornas said:

Modelling query: As I'm re-modelling my Bloodwarriors to have something to counts-as Gorefists instead of double Axes, I'm juggling two options:

1) Snip one Axe and put a huge dagger there instead (probably from the Bloodreaver sprue)

or

2) Snip one Axe and put a buckler-ish shield there instead (probably scavenge eBay for marauder horsemen shields)

I'm leaning towards option 1 as it's much more convenient. What do you think about a dagger representing a Gorefist though, compared to a buckler? How have you guys dealt with this?

/Bjornas

1 hour ago, Bjornas said:

Thanks @kahadin however, I just remembered I had 20+ old Dwarf shield lying around, so I made a mockup using some Bloodreaver blades and spikes. Looks pretty good, I'd say! Like it way better than the standard Gorefist, atleast.

56464305_1006870169509337_8383579718577815552_n.jpg.0ea2116601e8ea77df1b1cb66c5acabb.jpg56972081_1411256422348954_6421574576852959232_n.jpg.d931d285bf1daa0947b76460714ce6ad.jpg

I’d say go for daggers! Say in Australian accent, “You call that a knife? THIS is a knife.”

jokes aside, personally, I’d go for daggers, but attack it to your fist, so your guys can bat aside blows, them punch with the dagger. 

But that mix of dagger and shield is even better! I’d say green light unless it’s too expensive or inconvenient. 

Also lads, as far as Slaughterpriest is concerned, what are your overall thoughts? I’m just gonna try my thoughts I’m on this one

i feel like they’re quite worth, but i stopped using mine as buff bots. Imo too difficult to get dudes within range. 

I’m actually using Blood Sacrifice, it’s really useful, extra blood Tithe is good, like @Agent of Chaos said, we can convert into a easy cp

Magebane Hex I like, because I really like the utility it’s got, because dispelling enemy endless Spells helps since we’re not Relying  on a dispel roll. It helps because stuff like soulsnare shackles or  palisade can be immensely annoying 

then if I know my enemy has no endless Spells, I just bring resanguination because I like the utility 

as far as judgements are concerned, I honestly like all of them, because blocking footprints and charge lanes, imo is really useful in this game. They make great area control, and far more useful than endless spells which can backfire on you if your opponent goes second. 

1 hour ago, KhorgusCool said:

I need to figure out the best list for my 100 painted bloodreavers. Kinda like breaking it into 20 man blobs with stokers, shrine and a couple of bloodsecrators.

I think the best option would be 6 * 10 man units inside Dark Feast battalion, that way you get the support heroes you were going to get anyway, plus you get an artifact and command point for 110 points which is really cheap, and can deploy 710 points in one drop. Then spend the remaining 1290 points on units that kill stuff.

You then have 6 units to give Look Out Sir / block charges / camp safe objectives / blood sacrifice.

The extra ability you get from Dark Feast doesn't even matter at that point, if it happens then great.

Hey guys long time lurker first time poster. I have just started my first AOS army, which is obviously Khorne. I have just bought the Battletome and I am trying to wrap my head around it all. I was just wondering if you guys could give me any advice on what I need to purchase next or what list I could run with what I have. 

Here is what I have:

mighty lord of khorne

blood secrator

blood stoker

exhaluted death bringer 

10 blood letters

20 blood reavers

5 blood warriors 

3 blood crushers 

1 Khorgorath 

Thanks in advance! 

8 hours ago, jazman84 said:

How would you build a Thirster Spam list?

My approach:

Spoiler

Allegiance: Khorne
- Slaughterhost: The Bloodlords

Leaders
Bloodthirster of Unfettered Fury (300)
- General
- Trait: Slaughterer's Thirst 
- Artefact: Halo of Blood 
Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster (320)
Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage (280)
- Artefact: A'rgath the King of Blades 
Skarbrand (400)
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Blood Sacrifice
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Resanguination or Killing Frenzy

Battleline
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes

Battalions
Tyrants of Blood (140)

Total: 1950 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 108

For a Reapers of Vengeance version, just scrap the Flesh Hounds (you really want those CP) and shift the artifacts/traits a bit.

Edited by Xasz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Priest118 said:

Hey guys long time lurker first time poster. I have just started my first AOS army, which is obviously Khorne. I have just bought the Battletome and I am trying to wrap my head around it all. I was just wondering if you guys could give me any advice on what I need to purchase next or what list I could run with what I have. 

Here is what I have:

mighty lord of khorne

blood secrator

blood stoker

exhaluted death bringer 

10 blood letters

20 blood reavers

5 blood warriors 

3 blood crushers 

1 Khorgorath 

Thanks in advance!

As its your first AOS army, it makes sense to start at a 1000 point list, which you almost have already.

At 1k you can have 4 Heroes .. which you have already, giving you something like this:

Mighty lord of khorne

Bloodsecrator

Bloodstoker

Exalted Deathbringer

10 Blood Reavers

10 Blood Reavers

5 Blood Warriors

1 Khorgorath

At this point you could plug in some random Daemon units, but you really need a Daemon hero to get the most out of them, so I'd try and fill your final 220 points with more mortal units. Take a look at Skull Reapers and Skull Crushers.

Your also going to want a Slaughter Priest soon as they seem to be working out well for most people, but that means dropping one of your heroes (probably the Exalted Deathbringer or Mighty lord of Khorne).

8 hours ago, KhorgusCool said:

I need to figure out the best list for my 100 painted bloodreavers. Kinda like breaking it into 20 man blobs with stokers, shrine and a couple of bloodsecrators. 

Do you have anything to stop Battleshock in your list? If not, consider bringing an Exalted Deathbringer, whose Command Ability creates an 18" battleshock-free bubble!

I've read my book 5 times and I want to 100% be sure about something. Am I right in saying that the rules for the Slaugherhosts do not prevent me from usinga WoK BT as my Goretide General? I want to put the below on the table this weekend.

I think the list has good anti-magic, healthy wound count (147), some speed/reach,  two hammer units and then Speedy Bloodwarriors and sturdy Skullreapers to fight other infantry and stand on key objectives.

Goretide:

Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster (general) (320)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Bloodstoker (80)

UNITS
15 x Blood Warriors (300)
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
3 x Skull Cannons (420)
5 x Wrathmongers (140)
10 x Skullreapers (360)

ENDLESS SPELLS
Hexgorger Skulls (40)

5 minutes ago, THUNDERHAMMER said:

What are everyone feelings about doing a mixed demon mortal list besides the bespoke Thirster?  Ive been running Karanak a lot alongside my mortals  with some bloodcrushers to pretty great effect 

I'm actually planning to run a Daemon Prince in my Goretide army, so I can give him Hew the Foe and Thronebreaker's Torc, and let him fly around, shooting off units of bloodreavers as "nets" for him to ensnare enemy units. That's the plan anyway.

• Like 2