AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

2 hours ago, Havarel said:

What units do people use to take on Stormcast? I'm struggling to actually dish out some damage to them *shakes fist at 3+ rerollable saves*. I'm guessing the answer is just more skullreapers. 

Bloodletters, Skullreapers, Blood Boiling, and Wrathmongers for the bigger guys.

AoS2 Six nations Sweden is running a khorne list .

It is solid but the lists he is facing it will be tuff.

He got a lot in the army :)

Re roll casting,

No attacking on bloodthirster until he attacks. 

Pluses to hits and saves.

Turn one charges with the Bloodletters ( Attack first ) and Bloodthirster.( attack second due to item )

BUT

High drop count, no mortal wound protection .

IMG_5077.PNG

• Like 1

Can't wait to play my first game of AoS2. Guna use the list as below:

3xPriest 
Bloodsecrator 
Bloodstoker 
Skar blood wrath  

5 bloodwarriors 
10 reavers 
10 reavers 
10 reavers 

5 flesh hounds 
20 bloodletters 
Wrathmongers 
Skullreapers 
Skullreapers 

Gore pilgrims 

Puts me a little short to gain a triumph.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheOtherJosh said:

I’d definitely be interested in hearing how it went. Care to give us a rundown?

it was the first time my opponent played nighthaunt

I had an aspiring deathbringer, bloodstoker, bloodsecrator, 5 blood warriors, 10 bloodreavers, 2 khorgorath and 2x5 skullreapers

He had one knight of shroud on horse,2 guardian of souls, 40 chainrasp, 3 spirit hosts and 10 grimghast reapers as well as the cogs.

We played the battleplan "mother of all virtues" on a 48x48 board

He had his 40 chainrasp as a big screen between the two objectives, his spirit host and KOS on my left with a guardian of souls, and another guardian of soul on my right. I had 10 bloodreavers and 5 skullreapers on my left, 5 skullreapers, 2 khorgoraths and 5 blooddwarriors on my right, and all my characters on the center, behind a housee.

He gave me the first turn.  I planted the banneer and advance a bit to cover more ground and prevent any deepstrike behind me, but nothing more, except 2 khorgorath approaching;

He launched the cogs and didn't do anything. He won initiative and gave it to me. I planted the banner, wipped a unit and nothing more. He asked me why i didn't move, and i explained to him that i had no reason to come to him and give him free space for his deepstrike, and if i decided to wait my attacks, i would do nothing and force a draw at worst. He activated the cogs.

He decided to come to my left, making his 10 grimghast deepstrike. They charged the bloodreavers, the spirit hosts charged the skullreapers and the KOS charged the bloodsecrators. Insane dice rolls from the spirit host killed 3 skullreapers. The bloodreavers killed 4 grimghast, who killed another skullreaper and 6 bloodreavers, while the KOS and bloodsecrator did nothing to each other, but the bloodstoker was aggroed and made 1 wound. The last skullreaper, with the help of his friend's death, killed 2 spirit host.

He won again the initiative and took it. He regenerated the grimghast and the spirit host to full life, and cleaned my left flank, and decided to burn my LEFT objective, gaining 1 pt.

My turn, i used 2 blood tithe to summon 5 bloodletters not far from the spirit host and grimghast. My khorgorath charged the 40 chainrasp, and the skullreapers as well as aspiring deathbringers charged with ease (cog+bloodstoker gave me a 14 inch charge) the grimghast and the guardian  of souls, as well as the spirit host with the bloodletters.

The khorgorath killed 9 chainrasp and took control of the right objective (only the guardian of souls was keeping it), the KOS was killed by a flurry of hits from the 3 hero, while overbuffed skullreapers (+3 attacks with bloodsecrator and two time the aspiring deathbringer ability), with the help of very sucessfull bloodletters, killed 2 spirit host, all the grimghast and 2 wound to the guardian of souls, loosing one guy and a half.

I took initiative for a double turn. I used my 2 blood tithe point to summon 5 others bloodletters in front of his army, still wholly within to my heroes. My 5 bloodletters charged the chainrasp, while the rest of my army killed the guardian of souls and started to advance. My khorgorath burned the second objective (of the chainrasp decided to old this one, my 5 bloodletters on my left would have been able to take it, beacause a unit can't hold two objective)

At the end, turn 4/5, i impacted the chainrasp, and most of them died, while they finished off the two khorgorath. I summoned another 5 bloodletters, after dispelling a mystic shield with blood tithe.

Lessons of the day :

- nighthaunt hit averagely good. Not crazy power, but they will always do consistent damage.

- immune to rend is good, but that also mean saturation of low attack is all you need and skullreapers are brilliant at that

- the regeneration from the guardian of soul is crazy. The chainrasp were able to tie up and slowly kill the khorgorath

- in low point game, summon is useful. 5 bloodletters mean 11 attacks with few mortal wound chance, which is enough to kill few guys here and here, tie up a unit, finish a character or taking space. Plus you don't care if they die, they just give you one more blood tithe point, and at the end, my blood tithe points were skyrocketing.

i still need more tests however.

Edited by ledha
  • Like 4

Had a nice game today too against Nagash (litteraly) with :

Pilgrim 3 priest 1 secrator 2X10 Warriors 1X10 Reavers 2X5 Skullreaper 1X5 Wrathmonger Aspiring Deathbringer, bloodstocker 3 Juggernauts

Against 

Nagash Necromancer, Nighthauntwizard, 20 Chainrasp 40 Skeletons 2 Morghasts Spellportal Genimis Xerus

On chamon full rules used except from the Battlefield traits where we used the 1°do nothing. (Quite fluffy to play Khorne on the METAL realm after all)

Scenario = focal point

I used 3X the bloodprayer to pump Tithe points in hope to summon some big red deamons but i quickly realised i would had to keep them to block some critical spells like the spellportal/Geminis.

Nagash is a pure horror when it comes to casting 8 revelant spells and priests cannot do anything to unbind him.

What saved me is that i refrained to burn the Brazen rune on the  Aspiring Deathbringer so he can survive and give  +3 attacks on all my units when the first combat phase happened. That move saved me as i wouldn't be able to chew his big units otherwise. The Morghast ate the Crushers then died to 11 mortal wounds from the prayers. The priests then began to make blood flow from Nagash who died from a large combinaison of prayers/random hits/lastbreath from Skullreapers. When the dust settled i was far ahead on the points, keeping him in his side but i had 8! mordels left  including 3 woundeds Priests and he was rebuilding his last unit, the 40 skeletons and a necro.

Some thoughts :

You can't do much aganst expert spellcasters like Morathy/Arkhan/Nagash, the +X spellcasting/extra range is too much to endure and you cannot reliably dispell them. Forced rerolls is useless against the too.

During the game, i summoned a Bloodthirster on turn3 that failed his 9" charge with rerolls and did nothing relevant, By the end of the movment of the turn4 i could also summon a pack of 20 Bloodletters but i refrained as i really needed to autounbind a nagash casted dance macabre.

4++ / 2++ against spells are outrageous now XD

Extra bloodtithe points are nice but i missed the +1 to hit prayer, expecially on Reapers/Mongers.

Purple sun can be very stressful, it did very few in this game but earlier in the day, that same list took 1000 points in one single Nagash magic phase against my idoneths.

Gorepilgrim is still nuts, i didn't miss the Goretide.

• Like 4

Concerning the 6 Nation list, something that shouldn't be forgotten is that this is a team tournament. Due to the restrictions you have to pick weaker factions at some point (and only the Swedes picked Khorne). Furthermore, they might actually strive as the teams can somewhat control how they pair them.

Nevertheless, I believe that IF there is a top list for Khorne, it will have the Doppelganger Cloak or Ethereal Amulet in it. Although I'm a bit concerned about these two and some other realm artifacts, as they seem so powerful that they might end up as auto-includes in several lists. 

9 hours ago, kozokus said:

You can't do much aganst expert spellcasters like Morathy/Arkhan/Nagash, the +X spellcasting/extra range is too much to endure and you cannot reliably dispell them. Forced rerolls is useless against the too.

I've been telling people this for about a month and they were always like "lol, we'll just unbind and hinder all the magics, we antimagic faction duh!"... Spelleater Curse can only be used once per turn and hinders summoning at the same time.

Blood Tithe will be used the same way it was before, for the cheaper abilities (1-3) and very rarely for the more expensive ones.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, phizzco said:

1. What is nagash's casting range?

Depends on the spells he casts, if he has a spell that can move him in the hero phase or if a spellportal is present. Can be infinite with conditions.

10 hours ago, phizzco said:

2. What casting bonuses do nighthaunt get that make unbinding difficult? They easily succeed on the forces rr??

Nothing, Every wizards has trouble to cast under the effect of the banner EXCEPT thoses who have +1/+2/+3 to cast like Nagash Arkhan 

It occurs to me that a lot of armies now seem to need unmodified 6s for exploding effects on their warscrolls, but we have been left alone (6+). Same with our "units within" bubbles, as opposed to "units wholly within" that everyone is getting hit with...

14 minutes ago, Roark said:

It occurs to me that a lot of armies now seem to need unmodified 6s for exploding effects on their warscrolls, but we have been left alone (6+). Same with our "units within" bubbles, as opposed to "units wholly within" that everyone is getting hit with...

I think this is a result of them putting 0 time or thought into Khorne in AoS 2. 

When they get round it they will change for us too.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Yeah it could change in our new battletome, but till then or a FAQ it works.

Till then I am playing with this. Seems to work fine, as long as I don't play LoN or seraphon.

Test 4
Karol Trzeszczykowski - Allegiance: Khorne
LEADERS
Bloodsecrator (140)
Bloodstoker (80)
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing : Brazen Fury
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Artefact : The Brazen Rune
- Blood Blessing : Blood Sacrifice
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing : Magebane Hex
Lord Of Khorne On Juggernaut (140)
- General
- Command Trait : Disciple of Khorne
- Artefact : Gorecleaver
UNITS
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
-Goreaxes
- 1 x Goreglaives
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
-Reaver Blades
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
-Reaver Blades
1 x Khorgoraths (90)
1 x Khorgoraths (90)
3 x Mighty Skullcrushers (140)
-Ensorcelled Axes
5 x Garrek's Reavers (60)
3 x Magore's Fiends (80)
BATTALIONS
Gore Pilgrims (200)
TOTAL: 1800/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 5 WOUNDS: 138
LEADERS: 6/6 BATTLELINES: 4 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 0/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 2/2 ALLIES: 0/400

Quick question to the agents of slaughter over here.

What is the deal with Bloodcrushers?  I was considering making a small Khorne Demon force because I am a long standing Nighthaunt player, and though I love all the new models and stuff I am not a fan of constant mirror matching.  A second army until all the Nighthaunt hype dies down and people go back to their original factions would do well, and demons are good because I can double duty them into Warhammer 40k.

I always liked the bloodletters mounted on the crushers, but when I looked at the rules for them they seemed... bad.

Is playing Khorne with only demon units viable in AoS?  I was thinking a cheap 1k points army would be:

Skarbrand

x3 Units of Fleshhounds (because spells suck)

x2 units of Bloodcrushers

With units of Bloodletters on the side for summoning of course.  I figured the Bloodcrushers could help Skarbrand do some heavy fighting, but they have 1 attack each and mortal wounds on the charge.  Doesn't seem like they will do much unless there is something in the Battletome I do not know.

Thanks in advance, my debate is between Tzeench and Khorne, and blood crazed demons are preferable over gibbering pink horrors, but the Lord of Change model and the Malign Sorcery draws the temptations.

1 hour ago, Karol said:

Yeah it could change in our new battletome, but till then or a FAQ it works.

Till then I am playing with this. Seems to work fine, as long as I don't play LoN or seraphon.

whats the purpose of the two named unit at the end?

1 hour ago, Nevar said:

I always liked the bloodletters mounted on the crushers, but when I looked at the rules for them they seemed... bad.

I think they can compete for the top3 of the worst unit in the game.

If you can, refrain from using them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nevar said:

Quick question to the agents of slaughter over here.

What is the deal with Bloodcrushers?  I was considering making a small Khorne Demon force because I am a long standing Nighthaunt player, and though I love all the new models and stuff I am not a fan of constant mirror matching.  A second army until all the Nighthaunt hype dies down and people go back to their original factions would do well, and demons are good because I can double duty them into Warhammer 40k.

Is playing Khorne with only demon units viable in AoS?  I was thinking a cheap 1k points army would be:

Skarbrand

x3 Units of Fleshhounds (because spells suck)

x2 units of Bloodcrushers

With units of Bloodletters on the side for summoning of course.  I figured the Bloodcrushers could help Skarbrand do some heavy fighting, but they have 1 attack each and mortal wounds on the charge.  Doesn't seem like they will do much unless there is something in the Battletome I do not know.

Nope they just suck. I use them in a squad of 6 to try and do slightly more damage on the charge. 

Their best trait is they look cool and if you play against someone new they might think they are dangerous and waste their focus on them.

1 hour ago, phizzco said:

whats the purpose of the two named unit at the end?

Got one as part of my AoS stuff present from my parents, and the other one I got for free from a guy that quit shadespire. Without them I would be playing with 140pts less, and I already haev 200pts in CP.

2 hours ago, Karol said:

Got one as part of my AoS stuff present from my parents, and the other one I got for free from a guy that quit shadespire. Without them I would be playing with 140pts less, and I already haev 200pts in CP.

How do they perform? Wouldn't it be better to run reapers or another set of warriors or something instead?

@Mikeboll congrats on team Sweden taking out 2nd place at the 6 Nations event! Would you mind giving us a brief recap of the games you played, how the list performed, what you liked / didn’t like etc? I would be very interested to hear your opinion. From what I’ve seen so far more people seem to be moving in the direction of taking more/all Khorne mortal units in 2.0 rather than the daemons. Your mixed list looks quite interesting. 

• Like 1

Hey guys. Long time Khorne fan, I play them in 40k as well (World Eaters Space Marines). 

For some reason I hate Bloodletters, I think their heads look incredibly stupid, but I love Bloodthirsters. I don’t have any yet. 

However I have a massive Khorne Bloodbound  collection from AoS 1. I love all the Khorne Bloodbound models. 

I think I’m in a position to run every single mortals Battalion at least for minimum strength. 

I have 1 Mighty Lord of Khorne, 1 Bloodsecrator, 1 Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut (the real one made of Resin), 3 Exalted Deathbringers (2 with Spears and 1 with the Gouge thing), 2 Scarr Bloodwraths, 2 aspiring deathbringers with Goreaxe and Skullhammer, 1 Bloodstoker, and 2 Slaughterpriests for Leaders. 

I plan on getting a Skullgrinder, Valkia and a few others like the 80 point Aspiring Deathbringer and the alternate sculpt for Slaughterpriest. Like I want a Chaos Warshrine. 

Then I have 3 sets of 5 Skullreapers, 2 sets of 5 Wrathmongers, 12 Mighty Skullcrushers but I want more I love their models, 60+ Bloodreavers, and 14 Bloodreavers with Gorefists and 30 or so dual-wielding and 1 Khorgorath. I want another but I don’t know how to get one anymore. 

Am I missing anything critical for my army (that’s not a demon and are they really actually super critical?) 

what list do you think I should focus on? I love Mighty Skullcrushers in the model but somehow I haven’t played with them yet. I just had a game play testing Skullreapers my first time and I absolutely loved them. 

Any advice or direction for me? I know I have a decent sized collection but honestly I only played maybe 3 Games in AoS 1 and only 1 in 2nd edition so far. 

Honestly I have almost no experience with the army I just love the lore and melee armies but mostly I play 40k. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, phizzco said:

How do they perform? Wouldn't it be better to run reapers or another set of warriors or something instead?

They sit on objectives and die. Running something else would probablly be better, though I don't have any other models.

1 hour ago, Ravinsild said:

Am I missing anything critical for my army (that’s not a demon and are they really actually super critical?)  

Blood warriors I think. Am not sure, but I think they are required for some of the battalions that actually get used.

• Like 1