AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

5 hours ago, Kaz said:

@Bululucould u confirm whether we can store blood Tithe? And when we spend BT, how are we able to distribute spending? Can we buy multiple rewards/summon multiple daemon units? Thanks in advance

Skullgrinder doesn’t seem like much, but I feel his bravery buff will be needed a lot now that we don’t completely ignore an entire battleshock phase. Plus, he’s got massive natural DPS, meaning we don’t even need to give him an artifact to kill things. He’s also really cheap, so your opponent may not be willing to pour fire into him, when you have your support heroes (Slaughterpriest, Bloodsecrator, stoker, etc.) bearing down on him.

Either way, he combines cheap source of blood Tithe, with great natural damage, a useful buff, and that mortal wounds whack might just knock out a hero(who average 5 wounds, and that’s only if said hero survives the grinder’s initial attack) or drag a monster one level down its damage table, all of which are great outcomes for such a cheap hero

P.S. He loves attack buffs

Im afraid not mate, they are the same as usual, u store, u use, rest are wasted, only new thing is there is no longer a limit so you can get 16 and summon an exalted greater deamon of khorne..., and its even worse than in the old battletome,  there is no summoning in the bloodtithe reward table so, there is no way that you can summon more than 1 unit. Right now you can only summon with the summon table and only 1 unit then points are reset to zero.  At least now we can deploy units near the altar so we can summon even if our heroes die.  But we lose the 8 points summon multiple units anywhere on the battlefield cause that is no longer an option in the bloodtithe table

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, ChaosUndivided said:

Im not an expert and mostly only play mortals. What i see is that Gore Pilgrims was best mortal battalion arguably for the rerollable prayers. It seems Blood Boil can only be used once per turn now? So we got altar and Judgments which pretty much take BBs place as a way to sling mortal wounds into enemy's backfield. The Skull things also make up for the Secrators reduced AoE when fighting magic heavy armies and the Icon thing wich is a bravery bomb as a way to compensate for our loss of battleshock immunity. 

I don't see on the priest's new warscroll where blood boil would be limited. I had heard judgements and blood blessings were but not the bloodfuelled ones.

17 minutes ago, ChaosUndivided said:

Im not an expert and mostly only play mortals. What i see is that Gore Pilgrims was best mortal battalion arguably for the rerollable prayers. It seems Blood Boil can only be used once per turn now? So we got altar and Judgments which pretty much take BBs place as a way to sling mortal wounds into enemy's backfield. The Skull things also make up for the Secrators reduced AoE when fighting magic heavy armies and the Icon thing wich is a bravery bomb as a way to compensate for our loss of battleshock immunity. 

nah you can stil cast 1 bb for each priest, only judgements and blessings of khorne are 1 per turn

1 minute ago, AverageBoss said:

Ya, Blood Boil is not limited to once per turn. No on-warscroll ability in the game is limited, unless the warscroll specifically says it is. The only universal thing in the game with a once per turn limits is Magic.

Its a " prayer" not an ability in the same way magic is a "spell" not an ability. It could see a rule of 1. I hope i am wrong tho.

On 3/16/2019 at 1:18 AM, Bululu said:

skull take 140 pts

1 stoker

2-3 skullreapers

1-2 khorgorath

0-2 bloodwarriors/bloodreavers

if the unmodified wound roll for a ranged weapon of a unit of this battalion is 6 and this unit is completly within 12'' of this battalion bloodstoker, add 1 to that weapon damage for this attack

I have now an english battletome and i can confirm thes was a bug on the non-english battletome its actually only for melee attacks xD

Just now, ChaosUndivided said:

Its a " prayer" not an ability in the same way magic is a "spell" not an ability. It could see a rule of 1. I hope i am wrong tho.

Prayer is not a game term. It is a player term used to describe a set of similar Abilities (they very much are abilities, which is why they are listed as such on the warscrolls that have them, only mentioning prayer in flavor text, or ability name), that happen in the hero phase, require a roll to function, and are fluffwise described as prayers.

EVERY other priest unit in the game can use their warscroll "prayers" multiple times (provided multiple priests), Bloodsecrators are no different.

Prayer is not a game term. It is a player term used to describe a set of similar Abilities (they very much are abilities, which is why they are listed as such on the warscrolls that have them, only mentioning prayer in flavor text, or ability name), that happen in the hero phase, require a roll to function, and are fluffwise described as prayers.

EVERY other priest unit in the game can use their warscroll "prayers" multiple times (provided multiple priests), Bloodsecrators are no different.

1 minute ago, Bululu said:

yes, both blessing of khorne and slaughter priest prayers are worded as prayers, and the altar lets you reroll prayers and judgements

🤔

Just now, ChaosUndivided said:

🤔

If you look at the various Priest warscrolls, the only place prayer is mentioned is in flavor text or ability names. There is no Prayer section on the warscrolls like there is with Magic, nor is there a section in the basic rules detailing Prayers.

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Downloads//ENG_Lord_Relictor.pdf

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Downloads/Korghos_Bloodsecrator_CB_Web - cropped.pdf

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-chaos-warshrine-en.pdf

So as written, the Alter would only work on the Allegiance Prayers, because they are specifically written as such. I honestly think this is a case of player lingo catching on with the rules writers, and will be tweaked appropriately.

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/AoS_Scenery_Skull_Altar_EN.pdf

11 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

Unfortunately it works pretty much  the same as the current version. Spend your points for one reward, lose all unspent points. Activate at the beginning of either hero phase for all of the rewards except the spelleater one.

Bell of Lost Souls posted a picture of the new table in one of their previews. Don't know what we're allowed to link here, but if you go a few pages back on their site it was posted March 17th with the title 'AoS: Blood Tithes For The Blood God – New And Old'. 

For once it was worth visiting the worst site out there.

Sadly I cannot do what I wanted to do but at least the abilities are streamlined in a way that we are not gonna need a whole FAQ page in the near future.

I still think Blood Sacrifice is awesome and will help a lot. You start the game  with 1-2 points and get one each round. The first turn you are probably not gonna use a whole lot, unless your opponent made mistake and you can capitalize on it (catapulting models over the table turn one is a thing of the past). If there is a slow turn (like probably the first one) you cast sacrifice and turn it into another Command Point the turn after, unless you raked up enough for one of the nastier things (the rain sounds super entertaining and annoying with a monster list). You'll end up with 7-8 CPs over the game which allows you to spam 2-3 abilities in the game deciding turns.

I'm still thinking about the Bloodthirster list. In my current draft I cut the Bloodsecrator has he offers not enough for 140 points to the setup and squeezed in another Bloodthirster (now at Skarbrand, one of each BTs, 2 priests and some rabble, Tyrants of Blood + Bloodlords).

If someone comes up with something interesting for Goretide + Bloodmad, I'm all ears. My version is at MLoK, Valkia, 2 priests, Aspiring, Bloodsecrator, 4x 10 Blood Warriors, 5 Skullpreaser, 2x 10 Reavers and an extra CP. Which is pretty much Bloodmad plus some characters and somehow feels super awkward. I kinda want some Wrathmongers but I don't want to cut characters either...

2 minutes ago, ChaosUndivided said:

I just checked warscroll it literally says:  "This hero can chant one of these prayers." Then goes on to say... "If this prayer is answered, pick 1 enemy unit..." 

That second part is not flavor text its stating rules.

You are correct, missed that part. So yes you can reroll them, but no they are not limited to once per turn (as "prayer" does still not have an in game definition or limitation outside the specific abilities that mention it).

• Thanks 1

You are correct, missed that part. So yes you can reroll them, but no they are not limited to once per turn (as "prayer" does still not have an in game definition or limitation outside the specific abilities that mention it).

So we are back at 2-3 priests :D 

Which means mortals have something against big stuff (if they come close enough).

7 minutes ago, AverageBoss said:

You had me really scratching my head there.

Yeah i thought for sure BB spam was gonna get a nerf. Especially with alter... Wierd.

I guess we got a free pass there and in fact a boost now we're not limited to Gore Pilgrims to torment our enemies backfield and nuke monsters and hordes.

Edit: typo

Edited by ChaosUndivided

1 minute ago, ChaosUndivided said:

You had me really scratching my head there.

Yeah i thought for sure BB spam was gonna get a nerf. Especially with alter... Wierd.

I guess we got a free pass there and in fact a boost now we're not limited to Gore Pilgrims to torment our enemies backfield and nule monsters and hordes.

Again, Heraldor is meaner, and he does not even need to roll for his abilities (run+retreat+charge or hornblast), and the hornblast happens after movement. Bloodboil is fine, especially in an army that lacks a noteworthy shooting phase.