AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

5 hours ago, Rumblefish said:

Looks like we're continuing the tradition of paying for bonuses we might pick or pay further for.

100pt Khorgoraths? 

Yes, 10 pts more. Now they aren't monster anymore (meaning they can have cover save and don't die as soon as protectors or bonneplitterz walk around) and have to a slaughterhost granting them full reroll for EVERYTHING.

Skulltake suxx hard, but it's like the old stormcast bataillion, i didn't had any slight of hope for them to be good. 

Also for deamons, they lost their insane threat range, but slaughterhosts give them acess to a bonus pile-in+ attack in hero phase and a invulnerable general against spells, as well as a bloodthirster who will always strike first, things that we never had before and are quite cool

Edited by ledha
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bululu said:

skull take 140 pts

1 stoker

2-3 skullreapers

1-2 khorgorath

0-2 bloodwarriors/bloodreavers

if the unmodified wound roll for a ranged weapon of a unit of this battalion is 6 and this unit is completly within 12'' of this battalion bloodstoker, add 1 to that weapon damage for this attack

That is hilariously bad. It's like a cruel joke.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, andysonic1 said:

I know everyone's pretty gloom and doom, but as someone who's force is mostly Bloodreavers and Blood Warriors I'm very happy with the update. I think everyone needs to look at everything that changed TOGETHER instead of as individual tweaks. You can make your models work, it will just be different now.

I also think this, yes we got some unit worse, some point increase and battalion nerfs, but overall we get ways to dispell endless, we are not forced to use gore pilgrim in every list, and our judgements and altar are nice, and there is lots of things that together will come better. I  agree we didint power creep with raw power, but in the end he only think i dont get is why we didnt get the bloodtithe rework: not losing the points and dont having to chose the table or the summon

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Bululu said:

skull take 140 pts

1 stoker

2-3 skullreapers

1-2 khorgorath

0-2 bloodwarriors/bloodreavers

if the unmodified wound roll for a ranged weapon of a unit of this battalion is 6 and this unit is completly within 12'' of this battalion bloodstoker, add 1 to that weapon damage for this attack

Thanks, but this does look like a bit of a misread, as it's pretty much exactly the same as before except for the "ranged" part. Anything on the Khorgoraths for this batallion? Prev they got +3 attacks.

On 3/11/2019 at 1:55 PM, Charles said:

I’ve just had a cold sweat come over me, what if they change the Wrathmongers Bloodfury ability. 

It is one of my favourite things about the army, but it is very powerful so could be due a nerf. . . 😱

Hate to say it, but I called this. The nerf bat has been swung hard at the Wrathmongers 😢 That’s my favourite and second favourite rules in the entire game removed (Total Carangae & Blood Fury). They were both fun anti meta tools.

I don’t want to come across as saltY because I’m not worried. I’m sure the new BT will give with the other hand and be tones for fun. I will make sure I get one final outing for this rules at Throne of Skulls this coming weekend! 

💀💀💀💀

Edited by Charles

22 minutes ago, Bjornas said:

Thanks, but this does look like a bit of a misread, as it's pretty much exactly the same as before except for the "ranged" part. Anything on the Khorgoraths for this batallion? Prev they got +3 attacks.

might be a gw error on translation to my language, but im pretty sure it says ranged on my language battletome

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bululu said:

Anyway guys ill be out for like 12 hours, feel free to ask any questions, ill try to answer them all when im back home!

On that note, any update on council of blood battalion? Is it even still around? I just bought 4 bloodthirsters and skarbrand..

They buffed the Bloadsoaked Banner for Bloodletters. Flat Charge Reroll without any conditions. Thats actually quite awesome.

In general: Most mechanics that were simply confusing people were cut and replaced by something new. Also so "Tricks" the Community found in the old book were simply fixed. Yet I wouldn´t call that book weak. Yet I still dislike two things:

• Judgements beeing bound to Priests and not to Bloodtithe, forcing Slaughterpriests and Warshrines, with the first one beeing actually really an autoinclude. This also alters Khorne Lorewise again from the God of War, Fight and Bloodshed who doesn´t care for whorship into a rather cult/religious thing. Not sure how much I like it.
  • Deamons lack acess to the new Judgement-Stuff. Therefore a mono-daemon-army is rather punished than enforced. Mixed Army is the way to go I guess

+++ MOD HAT +++

Please can we avoid the doom and gloom and comments like "worst battletome ever", it's needlessly negative and if I were in a less lenient mood I'd issue warning points for breaking forum rules...

Only a few lucky souls have a copy of the battletome currently so many of us are reliant on articles on WarCom and snippets of information passed over to us.  Until we all have the battletome in our hands we simply don't know how good or bad armies are going to be - we don't have the full picture yet.  Don't get me wrong, some changes will fundamentally change the way we use units but can we reserve passing judgement on things we only half know.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

App has new warscrolls up.

Skull Cannon got a bit of a buff. If it causes any wounds in combat it can fire not just a wound from its Gnashing Maw.

Lash on Bloodthirster of Unfettered Fury range jumped from 8 to 12 and its command ability is better from what I can see.

Bloodcrushers Murderous charge able to potentially do 6d3 mortal wounds to a single unit on the charge.

Bloodletters reroll charge without needing to kill a hero, as already pointed out 

Although the Warhammer Community article suggested the Bloodmaster had some new synergy with Bloodletters, but I’ve seen no change.

btw, I love how you can just missile Blood warriors across the table with the Goretide and a bloodstoker, 14" move and then charge xD

Plus a full reroll to wound wich really negates their lackluster 4+ to wound. 

Reapers of vengeance seem really strong for Bloodletters, basically taking a page from Flesh eater courts. The bloodlords must be for multiple Bloodthirsters? 

• Like 1

Basic warscroll charging an unit of 10+ models vs 4+ Save,no supporting characters etc

Bloodletters and Bestigors 300 points each.

Bestigors have 4 save and bloodletters 5 save.

The Bloodletters get an extra 5 mortal wounds on top of the 9 . And re roll charge :)

63A1D05E-FEFC-4C17-AC9B-4AC7DC37E0D5.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, stickybluetoffee said:

Skull Cannon got a bit of a buff. If it causes any wounds in combat it can fire not just a wound from its Gnashing Maw.

Bloodcrushers Murderous charge able to potentially do 6d3 mortal wounds to a single unit on the charge.

Although the Warhammer Community article suggested the Bloodmaster had some new synergy with Bloodletters, but I’ve seen no change.

actually it's models slain on the cannon now instead of wounds, so depends on what it's fighting. 

Oh, they changed Bloodcrushers to be the same as Skullcrushers murderous charge? That's a bit odd considering they got updated in wrath and rapture. 

for 40 pts more you get an additional wound and a better save, more attacks too (but no mortals on 6's to hit). I honestly still like Skullcrushers more. 
If one does Brass stampede I'd consider Crimson rain and definitly slaughter triumphant. 

I was hoping that some of the units, namely skullcrushers, bloodwarriors and skullreapers would get quite a big points hike and profile boost to make them more ‘elite’ and allow for Khorne to field smaller more elite armies as a play style. Unfortunately not the case but I am glad that skullcrushers got a 3+ save. Does make me recall their glory days back in warhammer fantasy of being heavily armoured  Killy juggernauts.

I have quite a number of blood warriors in production on the paint table because I was anticipating quite a decent buff. Alas I do love the models so I will still enjoy fielding them. Looking forward to new combos and list building. Still overall positive about the changes!

14 minutes ago, 2D6 said:

I was hoping that some of the units, namely skullcrushers, bloodwarriors and skullreapers would get quite a big points hike and profile boost to make them more ‘elite’ and allow for Khorne to field smaller more elite armies as a play style. Unfortunately not the case but I am glad that skullcrushers got a 3+ save. Does make me recall their glory days back in warhammer fantasy of being heavily armoured  Killy juggernauts.

I have quite a number of blood warriors in production on the paint table because I was anticipating quite a decent buff. Alas I do love the models so I will still enjoy fielding them. Looking forward to new combos and list building. Still overall positive about the changes!

I think while Blood warriors didn't get a buff per se. (they actually got a smidgeon of a nerf with their goreglaive being useless on the sergeant now for some reason) but their spiky fists got better, and the support for them seems better if you want to focus on them, 
I think the same applies for skullreapers too. you can easily have them reroll hits and wounds. 
in fact one of the battalions with reapers and blood warriors makes all rend against them one worse, so depending on its cost I will run that one. It used to be a similar battalion but for wrathmongers. That one now instead have the wrathmongers fight twice in a row if they are close to the skullgrinder. 

edit: I'm probably just gonna spam stuff I find for the rest of the day, sorry! xD

Edited by Mikeymajq
  • Like 1

When i read the new warscrolls. Let me say flatulence was the summary of my thoughts.

Terrible. 

Bit of positivity, i like the mongers, sorry for the loss of stop hit yourself, but as a daemon player majorily, i enjoy that 8” range now for the attack buff. Skullreapers are still okay, just not the mortal wound blending machines they were anymore, pitting them vs stormcast eternal esque units is best i feel. taking the advantage of the mortal wound output, or just as a horde blender. Litterally most CA’s suck balls now. I do REALLY like the thirster of unfettered fury though! Pile in FROM 6” and having a 6” pile in? Yes please, now we can pull some beastclaw raiders yhetee shenanigans with our daemons. The loss of run and charge ca on wrath of khorne thirster is a painful one, especially since we also lose the bloodstoker(now only for mortals). The replacement CA is not bad though. I dunno, overall nothing is completely useless, but the loss of so many unique locus abilities, the meh CA’s, the meh battalions, they all seem like an overall nerf. Mortals have changed a lot also... i think the bloodsecrator will still do fine, but managing battleshocks will be a thing now.

2 minutes ago, JetBlackSVW said:

A bit disappointing that they didn‘t buffed the Reaver Blades for Bloodreavers. I am still stuck with the Starter Set Reavers and because we play only WYSIWYG my Bloodreavers are always rather weak against Armies with high saves☹️

To cheer you up. The bloodsecrator can now move. If the banner of rage artefact is still a thing, you can now reliably keep your secrator in range of any  of your units and turn those re-roll hit rolls of 1 into re-roll all failed hit rolls. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

actually that banner changed, 12" wholly within reroll 1's to hit. 

But to cheer you up the insensate rage bloodthirster (or any Thirster really) can be kind of brutal in  reapers of vengeance with Foe's bane or  Argath the king of blades to hit on a 2+, and the command ability makes him fight twice in a row, 

or in the bloodlords, the command trait is +4" move and reroll charge, rerolls 1's to wound against heroes, the command  ability is kinda meh healing 1 wound on all khorne. The artefact allows him to fight before picking units in the fight phase a la FEC.

Edited by Mikeymajq

1 hour ago, Dan.Ford said:

Basic warscroll charging an unit of 10+ models vs 4+ Save,no supporting characters etc

Bloodletters and Bestigors 300 points each.

Bestigors have 4 save and bloodletters 5 save.

The Bloodletters get an extra 5 mortal wounds on top of the 9 . And re roll charge :)

63A1D05E-FEFC-4C17-AC9B-4AC7DC37E0D5.png

i don't think this calculation is fair because you compare naked bloodletters against bestigors in the absolute perfect situation for them, aka charging (+1 att) a order unit (+reroll hit rolls of 1) with more than 10 people in it (+1 to hit). Which isn't something that always happen.

Plus calculating base warscroll without supporting characters is a bit unfair since khorne is 100% about that.

Edited by ledha