AoS 2 - Gutbusters Discussion

Chris Tomlin

1 hour ago, PlasticCraic said:

What ideas do people have for an Ogors list (combined Gubtusters and Beastclaw, Destruction allegiance with all Ogors Battleline)?

I like the Yhetee pile in shenanigans. I think there might be some fun stuff you can pull off with them. Especially in a Gutbuster list where they won't be target priority.

The go to would obviously be FLoSH or a Huskard on TT since they bring stuff to the table we can't get anywhere else. 

Edit: The FLoSH needs one of the artifacts that grants fly keyword in a game full of chaff.

Edited by James S

5 hours ago, Scythian said:

I’m using a Maneaters themed list. I’m building the following list.  

C11AB626-0E81-4ACC-8C0F-8E4807BE44AA.jpeg

Hahaha Nice! Are there even 12 man eater models though? ? even though I rarely play them I can’t help collecting them. Such fun models :D 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, James S said:

I like the Yhetee pile in shenanigans. I think there might be some fun stuff you can pull off with them. Especially in a Gutbuster list where they won't be target priority.

The go to would obviously be FLoSH or a Huskard on TT since they bring stuff to the table we can't get anywhere else. 

Edit: The FLoSH needs one of the artifacts that grants fly keyword in a game full of chaff.

I wonder if there's scope for a Yhetee - Bonegrinder combo?  :ph34r:

Maybe with a Skaal too... we will fight at a place and time of MY choosing!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

What ideas do people have for an Ogors list (combined Gubtusters and Beastclaw, Destruction allegiance with all Ogors Battleline)?

Been trying to shoehorn (stonehorn?) a battery of thundertusks (3) with a couple of big blocks of ogres and a tyrant, but it’s too tight at 2000pts. At 2500 I’d like to try! 

But in the meantime, maybe something like:

Tyrant

Butcher 

Huskard on Thundertusk

12 ogors

12 ogors

3 ogors

Thundertusk Beastriders

2 frost sabres

2 frost sabres

17 hours ago, Kramer said:

Hahaha Nice! Are there even 12 man eater models though? ? even though I rarely play them I can’t help collecting them. Such fun models :D 

I have a question, crew. Do all Maneaters get shooting attacks or only the pirate and ninja models that have pistols or throwing stars?  You know I’ll run into “that guy” in games. What do you guys say?

22 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

LOVE IT!

"The Family" ?

Lol, “The Family” are as follows: Ma (female with beard), Sweet Petunia (female no beard), Smythe (Pirate), Karl (Imperial), Uncle Ivan (Paymaster - Ma’s Brother),  Shingu, Mingu, Ningu, Dingu (Ma’s Ninja quadruplets), Hassan (Araby), Kurt (Imperial), Boris (Paymaster). 

All of the Maneaters are Ma’s children, including Big Otto, Ham, and Ragnar.  I’m going to have name plates for each model for my display board eventually. 

Edited by Scythian
Correction
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, James S said:

Also asking for some MathHammer help on whether Might is Right or Wild fury is better for a Ghyrestrike Gutgouger Tyrant

Interestingly, (as in: I hadn’t really considered it), by my quick calculations, on average 4 attacks hitting on 2+ wounding on 2+ (doubling on 5+) should cause more wounds than 3 attacks hitting on 2+ wounding on 2+ (doubling on 4+).  On average you should cause 11.66 wounds in the first case, and 10 in the second, before saves. The Brawlerguts big name doesn’t change which is better, growing to 13.33 and 11.25 respectively.

That’s if my mental maths holds up, and is an average which doesn’t take into account probable distributions. Worth taking for a spin though!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scythian said:

I have a question, crew. Do all Maneaters get shooting attacks or only the pirate and ninja models that have pistols or throwing stars?  You know I’ll run into “that guy” in games. What do you guys say?

They all get it bud, it doesn't matter whether it's physically present on the model or not.  It's just part of their warscroll.

If you really wanted to you could glue a pistol onto their hip...but I wouldn't bother personally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baron Wastelands said:

Interestingly, (as in: I hadn’t really considered it), by my quick calculations, on average 4 attacks hitting on 2+ wounding on 2+ (doubling on 5+) should cause more wounds than 3 attacks hitting on 2+ wounding on 2+ (doubling on 4+).  On average you should cause 11.66 wounds in the first case, and 10 in the second, before saves. The Brawlerguts big name doesn’t change which is better, growing to 13.33 and 11.25 respectively.

That’s if my mental maths holds up, and is an average which doesn’t take into account probable distributions. Worth taking for a spin though!

That's good to know! And that's not even taking into once you take 3 wounds you are on 5 attacks. Pretty cool stuff. Definitely going to be giving it a go. Thank you sir!

6 hours ago, Scythian said:

All, the description reads : 'In addition, some carry Ogor Pistols or giant Throwing Stars that can be used to bring down their foes from afar.'

So it's your choice. But if you want to beat 'that guy' to the punch, just model some shooting stuff on them :) It can be anything! Model a boomerang and stick it on his belt ;) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, brobdingguts said:

Currently rocking an all Ironguts list. Played a tournament and didn't do too bad. I was focused on smashing the enemy than getting VPs. 

all ironguts list.jpg

I can dig it. I used to run a list with two units of 9 Guts but I just couldn make it work. Too much debuffing in my local group. Glad to see you enjoying it!

Any reason for the Great Weapon instead of the Gutgouger?

2 hours ago, James S said:

Any reason for the Great Weapon instead of the Gutgouger?

I haven't really played with the Gutgouger to really have an opinion. Also, I don't have a Bragg model or the drive to model one for a Tyrant.

Should I be looking into it? I realize that a good synergy is Might is Right and another +1 to wound artifact with the Gutgouger, but would that be enough for fewer attacks?