AoS 2 - Gutbusters Discussion

Chris Tomlin

In the image of his warscroll he appears with ogors and leadbelchers in round bases. For this, I think that this units will be in the ogors tribus:

-Beastclaw Riders. Except, maybe yettis and sables.

- Ironblaster and scraplauncher.

-Ogors.

-Leadbelchers.

-Gorgers.

- The new tirant.

- Gargant.

And i'm very sure that the continuity of the Firebelly, Ironguts and Grots (these appears in the scraplauncher). And the miniature of the big butcher is pretty awesome to eliminate it.

Edited by Sartxac

1 minute ago, KriticalKhan said:

I can't wait for the new Tyrant model to be a boxset exclusive that doesn't get released individually until a full year later.

To be fair most of the models in those boxed sets are sold at discount over their retail release. Even on ebay they are typically cheaper than retail. The main problem is that GW tends to burn through the stocks pretty fast (a few like the Slaanesh/Khorne one have hung on longer) and that means a long lag time until people who missed out can't join in with the new model. 

• 3 weeks later...

My fine-tuned Gutbusters list is ready and in action! I've fought one match so far against Stormcast and got a Major Victory, and am looking forward to winning more! Here's the list:

Allegiance: Gutbusters

Leaders
Tyrant (160)
- General
- Great Gutgouger
- Trait: Wild Fury
- Artefact: Ghyrstrike
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Allies

Battleline
12 x Ogors (400)
- Pairs of Ogor Clubs or Blades
12 x Ogors (400)
- Pairs of Ogor Clubs or Blades
3 x Ironguts (180)
3 x Ironguts (180)

Units
60 x Grots (270)

Behemoths
Stonehorn Beastriders (300)
- Option: Blood Vulture
- Allies

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 390 / 400
Wounds: 204

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 9/14/2019 at 9:59 PM, michu said:

Ogors that left in the caves and mutated by warpstone

I don't think warpstone was involved. I might check my old book later tonight!

EDIT: @michu was right. The weakling ogre baby's (so with 'gangly limbs or without an Ogre's signature paunch' are thrown into a nearby cave by the butcher. So that sounds like the 'stunted births' are already somewhat on the way towards gorgers. In the tunnels below the mountains of mourn the tunnels are 'laced with the strange black or green-glowing rock tat contaminatis all it touches.' The Ogre spawn apparently ate even the most tainted of things. But also hide in crevices so are changed due to nearness and their contaminated diet.  

But indeed the right paintscheme makes the difference.

Edited by Kramer
read back on te lore
  • Like 1

On 9/15/2019 at 11:13 AM, Charleston said:

Well, I would like an merge with BCR, althrough this would bear the risk of GW cutting some of their resin models. Gargants are Destructions "everything go" monster which is quite a nice thing actually.

I reckon it's going to be a orruk set up. 3 allegiance ability choices: Gutbuster, Beastclaw & a combined mawtribes one. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys.

As I'm hoping there will be a new tome shortlyso  I'm trying different lists in the meantime.

Nothing competetive, only local club.

What do you think of this setup? Overtyrant becasue awesome model and bribing thing. Arrowboyz because range support. Shootas because I ran out of ogres.

image.png.70d58c40e40d5aa63f0193bf8b6501d1.png

Also, is there anymore info concerning the new tome?

I'm getting restless.

/D

11 hours ago, Dejnar said:

Hey guys.

As I'm hoping there will be a new tome shortlyso  I'm trying different lists in the meantime.

Nothing competetive, only local club.

What do you think of this setup? Overtyrant becasue awesome model and bribing thing. Arrowboyz because range support. Shootas because I ran out of ogres.

image.png.70d58c40e40d5aa63f0193bf8b6501d1.png

Also, is there anymore info concerning the new tome?

I'm getting restless.

/D

I like so much your Tyrant with Gutgouger configuration. 

I don't like using Savage Arrow Boyz. They are very strong used in a Bonesplitterz army with their abilities and Kunning Rukk. Used in a Ogor army they are almost unuseful. 

I would spend some points for a Fungoid Cave Shaman plus a Mork's Mighty Mushroom ti manage hordes. 

Just now, Shankelton said:

Also looks like BCR are at least included as an option to bring in, and looks like the finecast butcher is still kicking. No sign of any other finecast in the banner art though!

Also, mentioned that "something" happened to the everwinter. But no details other then that.

There's a Firebelly in the top right.

Honestly, I don't think they're squatting much of  anything at this point. Firebelly and Butcher are in the banner, Gorger just got reboxed on rounds.  Hunter/Cats live on in Underworlds.

If they kill anything, I'd say the Resin Tyrant, Maaaaybe the Maneaters or the Butcher with Cauldron, since we have a Cauldron as terrain.

2 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

Also looks like BCR are at least included as an option to bring in, and looks like the finecast butcher is still kicking. No sign of any other finecast in the banner art though!

Also, mentioned that "something" happened to the everwinter. But no details other then that.

Maybe sniffed out by Necroquake? I am also quite interested if Mawtribes allows us to expect different tribe rules, having tribes from different regions and with different traditions and behaviours (and therefore rules)

Just now, Charleston said:

Maybe sniffed out by Necroquake? I am also quite interested if Mawtribes allows us to expect different tribe rules, having tribes from different regions and with different traditions and behaviours (and therefore rules)

Agreed. Gnoblers are back in name as well it seems, which is nice given they look different then grots. @madmac Yeah I see him lurking in the background, nice catch. Its anyones guess really! I know Im still not picking up any finecast (outside of my gutsman) until I read the book! Here's hoping our book is good, because I highly doubt will see another one for a loooong time xD.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Charleston said:

I didn't consider multiple Tribes as a possibility, would be super cool to see!

Just now, MKsmash said:

You can see the Ironguts warscroll. They now have a 3+ to hit instead of 4+, and their ability lasts until the next Hero phase. They also have a "Gulping Bite" attack.

Ability seems neat. If your Ogor line breaks and flees the ironguts get a buff, looks like hit/wound rerolls of 1. So they should be pretty reliable when coupled with their increased to hit roll. Gulping attack is nice flavor! Like the idea of them snapping into a slimjim mid fight. Opens up the possibility maybe of a buff if they kill someone with it... though thats just my own conjecture!