Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Tomlin

AoS 2 - Gutbusters Discussion

In the image of his warscroll he appears with ogors and leadbelchers in round bases. For this, I think that this units will be in the ogors tribus:

-Beastclaw Riders. Except, maybe yettis and sables.

- Ironblaster and scraplauncher.

-Ogors.

-Leadbelchers.

-Gorgers.

- The new tirant.

- Gargant.

And i'm very sure that the continuity of the Firebelly, Ironguts and Grots (these appears in the scraplauncher). And the miniature of the big butcher is pretty awesome to eliminate it.

Edited by Sartxac

Well, I would like an merge with BCR, althrough this would bear the risk of GW cutting some of their resin models. Gargants are Destructions "everything go" monster which is quite a nice thing actually.

I can't wait for the new Tyrant model to be a boxset exclusive that doesn't get released individually until a full year later.

1 minute ago, KriticalKhan said:

I can't wait for the new Tyrant model to be a boxset exclusive that doesn't get released individually until a full year later.

To be fair most of the models in those boxed sets are sold at discount over their retail release. Even on ebay they are typically cheaper than retail. The main problem is that GW tends to burn through the stocks pretty fast (a few like the Slaanesh/Khorne one have hung on longer) and that means a long lag time until people who missed out can't join in with the new model. 

My fine-tuned Gutbusters list is ready and in action! I've fought one match so far against Stormcast and got a Major Victory, and am looking forward to winning more! Here's the list:

Allegiance: Gutbusters

Leaders
Tyrant (160)
- General
- Great Gutgouger
- Trait: Wild Fury
- Artefact: Ghyrstrike
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Allies

Battleline
12 x Ogors (400)
- Pairs of Ogor Clubs or Blades
12 x Ogors (400)
- Pairs of Ogor Clubs or Blades
3 x Ironguts (180)
3 x Ironguts (180)

Units
60 x Grots (270)

Behemoths
Stonehorn Beastriders (300)
- Option: Blood Vulture
- Allies

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 390 / 400
Wounds: 204

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Posted (edited)
On 9/14/2019 at 9:59 PM, michu said:

Ogors that left in the caves and mutated by warpstone

I don't think warpstone was involved. I might check my old book later tonight!

EDIT: @michu was right. The weakling ogre baby's (so with 'gangly limbs or without an Ogre's signature paunch' are thrown into a nearby cave by the butcher. So that sounds like the 'stunted births' are already somewhat on the way towards gorgers. In the tunnels below the mountains of mourn the tunnels are 'laced with the strange black or green-glowing rock tat contaminatis all it touches.' The Ogre spawn apparently ate even the most tainted of things. But also hide in crevices so are changed due to nearness and their contaminated diet.  

But indeed the right paintscheme makes the difference.

Edited by Kramer
read back on te lore
  • Like 1

On 9/15/2019 at 11:13 AM, Charleston said:

Well, I would like an merge with BCR, althrough this would bear the risk of GW cutting some of their resin models. Gargants are Destructions "everything go" monster which is quite a nice thing actually.

I reckon it's going to be a orruk set up. 3 allegiance ability choices: Gutbuster, Beastclaw & a combined mawtribes one. 

• Like 1

Looking at pictures I always thought Gorgers looked awful. Then I got a few as part of a lot and to me they looked a lot better in real life. Not great, but not as bad as I originally thought.

• Like 2