AoS 2 - Gutbusters Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Combined ogor can be good. The ironblaster is already trcted by a rhinox. The tyrant can ve renamed to Frostlord on foot. Just new kit for tyrant/hunter, one for frost sabre, one for Gorgers/Yhetee, one for Butcher and we are good to go, army with a lot of choice. So just 4 kits and a proper battletome with reworking on the warscrolls (hunter).

I do hope for a huskard on rhinox, so we can put an all-rhinox army! could be fun.

• Like 2

You can with the

On 4/26/2019 at 12:31 AM, mDaro said:

Ill take the plastic hunter and some new sabre tusks......but how about this time the tusks have the ability to pop up with the hunter anywhere on the board.

You can with the "Skal" Beastclaw Battalion.

5 minutes ago, DestructionFranz said:

Noooo, really?? 

Do you have the list? 

Tyrant, Great Gut Gouger, Gyrstrike, Wild Fury

Troggoth Hag

Butcher with Cauldron

3 Ogor Bulls with two weapons

6 Ogor Bulls with two weapons

6 Ironguts

3 Maneaters

40 Gnoblar (grots)

it was a 19 man tournament, may not be the most stacked one but still winning 5 games is an amazing feat for Gutbuster

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, novakai said:

Troggoth Hag

Butcher with Cauldron

6 Ironguts

3 Maneaters

40 Gnoblar (grots)

it was a 19 man tournament, may not be the most stacked one but still winning 5 games is an amazing feat for Gutbuster

Nice list. The Hag and the grots are the key. 

Ha had almost no shooting. 

48 minutes ago, novakai said:

Troggoth Hag

Butcher with Cauldron

6 Ironguts

3 Maneaters

40 Gnoblar (grots)

That's great! The only that surprises me there is the Maneaters. I've always thought they were overpriced. Is this the case or am I missing something?

51 minutes ago, DestructionFranz said:

Nice list. The Hag and the grots are the key. 

Ha had almost no shooting. 

8 minutes ago, MKsmash said:

That's great! The only that surprises me there is the Maneaters. I've always thought they were overpriced. Is this the case or am I missing something?

this is just my guess but he probably loadout the maneaters with all pistol (since the warscroll isn't clear on the unit loadout) and had the maneater fire 3 shots per round at something

4 minutes ago, novakai said:

this is just my guess but he probably loadout the maneaters with all pistol (since the warscroll isn't clear on the unit loadout) and had the maneater fire 3 shots per round at something

Gotcha. Personally, I've never found any shooting by any kind of ogor model except Thundertusks to be good.

23 hours ago, DestructionFranz said:

yep, and maybe the Leadbelchers. If the don't move they make D6 attack each... (but unfortunately the range is just 12")

Thing is, every time I use Leadbelchers, even with above ability, they are very unreliable. I find that you need them in huge units to be good, and by that point its not worth the price.

2 hours ago, DestructionFranz said:

I totally agree with you about the reduction points. 

I think if we're lucky, the new Aos update will be Stormcast vs. Ogors. That'll give us new abilities, point reductions, the works, and we'll almost definitely be a competitive army.

Let's hope for the best!

• Like 1

On 5/5/2019 at 5:29 PM, MKsmash said:

I think if we're lucky, the new Aos update will be Stormcast vs. Ogors. That'll give us new abilities, point reductions, the works, and we'll almost definitely be a competitive army.

Let's hope for the best!

I hope to have some enless spell as well and some a scenery.

Any opinions on this for competition?

Allegiance: Gutbusters
Realm: Ghyran
Leaders
Tyrant (160)
- General
- Great Gutgouger
- Trait: Wild Fury
- Artefact: Ghyrstrike 
Butcher (140)
- Pair of Stump Blades and Great Cauldron
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Vindictive Glare
- Allies

Battleline
12 x Ogors (400)
- Pairs of Ogor Clubs or Blades
6 x Ironguts (360)
6 x Ironguts (360)
3 x Ogors (120)
- Pairs of Ogor Clubs or Blades

Units
60 x Grots (270)
20 x Grots (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 90 / 400
Wounds: 207

hey all, first post here, sorry if its a bit long -

So I have an OK army from 6th edition, and after initially being dismayed at the death and re-birth of fantasy I am now getting in to AoS, and enjoying the new range.  I have the following OK miniatures -
giant (gargant), 3 Yhetees, 4 leadbelchers, 1 Gouger, 1 Tyrant, 1 Hunter, 3 Butchers and 12 Ironguts (3 of which have banners).

So I am a bit confused about what to do in a few ways - 

Firstly some of the miniatures I have are part of Beastclaw Raiders now (the Yhetees and Hunter I believe?) whereas the rest are part of Gutbusters. I am about to re-base them, but I am not sure thematically what bases they should have, currently they have square muddy swampy bases with bits of snow here and there. I'm moving them on to circular bases, but would this design still be appropriate for all of them, or only the BCR's ? Am I correct in thinking both the ogor factions are nomadic races and do not reside in one specific realm?

The next thing I was wondering is what would an army build look like using the miniatures I have listed that would be reasonably effective, and if I need to expand any area to make them work what would that be. e.g buy more gourgers to make a unit, or get X amount of basic ogors etc... Basically where should I spend my money :)

Finally does anyone know if I should stay away from buying Gutbusters incase they are phased out of AoS, and just buy BCR instead as the likelyhood is they are here to stay? Or is this still a big unknown?

thank you

Edited by Garion

9 hours ago, Jmason said:

Can you use Gloomspite spells while playing in the Gutbuster allegiance?

@Jmason  Depends on what you mean by "Gloomspite spells".   If you mean the Gloomspite Gitz allegiance spells, then I believe you need a gloomspite allegiance for those (check their battletome).     If, however, you mean gloomspite endless spells -- then yes, but you would need to ally in a gloomspite wizard as all of the gloomspite endless spells have a restriction of "Only Gloomspite Gitz Wizards can attempt to cast this spell".

@Garion   For list building, https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/ is your friend. 

It looks like you can get legal army at 1860 points going with what you've listed.  This does not use the Gargant you have (160 points additional), as it would put you over the limit for allied points -- but you could drop one of the other allied units, if you wanted. Assuming you'll be playing the "Gouger " as a Tyrant with the Great Gutgouger  loadout, you could have a list like this:

Allegiance: Gutbusters

Leaders
Tyrant (160)
- General
- Great Gutgouger
Butcher (140)
- Cleaver
Butcher (140)
- Cleaver
Butcher (140)
- Cleaver
Tyrant (160)
- Massive Ogor Club
Icebrow Hunter (140)
- Allies

Battleline
3 x Ironguts (180)
9 x Ironguts (540)
3 x Leadbelchers (140)

Units
3 x Icefall Yhetees (120)
- Allies

Total: 1860 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 260 / 400
Wounds: 116

This is a legal list, although probably not the most competitively meta for Gutbusters that I've seen.  (But maybe better in your circles!). 

As far as buying more models, that would totally be up to you and what you enjoy.  GW still hasn't made any official statements about the Ogors yet as to whether they'll stick around or not.  Most of this community seems hopeful they might get rolled into the next Beastclaw Raider redo, if one happens. 

If I were to offer advice to make your list a bit more feasible, it might be to drop one of the Butchers (since you can't attempt to cast the same spell more than once a turn anyway),  and then add a block or two of grots.  That'd give you a bunch of tiny guys to bully with the tyrant, and let them sit and hold objectives for you.  (Or use them to screen for your other dudes.)

Edited by ryanguy88

3 hours ago, ryanguy88 said:

@Jmason  Depends on what you mean by "Gloomspite spells".   If you mean the Gloomspite Gitz allegiance spells, then I believe you need a gloomspite allegiance for those (check their battletome).     If, however, you mean gloomspite endless spells -- then yes, 

Thanks ryanguy88

5 hours ago, ryanguy88 said:

@Jmason  Depends on what you mean by "Gloomspite spells".   If you mean the Gloomspite Gitz allegiance spells, then I believe you need a gloomspite allegiance for those (check their battletome).     If, however, you mean gloomspite endless spells -- then yes, but you would need to ally in a gloomspite wizard as all of the gloomspite endless spells have a restriction of "Only Gloomspite Gitz Wizards can attempt to cast this spell".

Yes, you can use a Fungoid Cave Shaman and with him you can have access to all the Gloomspite Gitz Endless Spells:

Using the Cauldron you have access at all Moonclans Gloomspite Gitz Spells. 

Some of hem are very useful like Itchy Nuisance or Hand of Gork. 

@Garion  The advantage to grots would be that they're "in faction" to Gutbusters.   You could use them without them counting towards your points limit of allied units  (Allies cannot be more than 1/5 of the points of your army, and not more than 1/4 of the units).  Also, grots are pretty cheap.

As you're playing a "Gutbusters" faction,  then Ironguts and Leadbelchers count as battleline.  (A proper 2000 point list requires 3 battleline units).  Basic Ogors would count as  battleline too, (and for any Destruction faction!) but if you've already got that covered, there's no need.  You may want to, of course, because a full unit of 12 Ogors is quite good for the points... but you don't NEED to for a legal list.

Of course, you could go "Grand Alliance: Destruction" as your faction.  This would cause the Ironguts and Leadbelchers to not count as battleline, so  you'd have to find 3 other battleline units to fill in ( basic Ogors would count here).  However,  you'd no longer have to worry about allied points at all. Stick to the basic list building rules ( At least 3 battleline, no more than 6 leaders, no more than 4 behemoths) and you're golden.

As to the list above -- You can still play games with it, it just might feel weird having 3 elite Ironguts sitting in your backfield on an objective not contributing. Or alternatively, having 3 short-range Leadbelchers diverted out of the game for an objective.  However, Beastclaw Raiders have been making it work, so Gutbusters probably can too! 

Really, it just depends on what ya like, and what feels right.