AoS 2 - Gutbusters Discussion

Chris Tomlin

6 minutes ago, DestructionFranz said:

So, to use the Tyrant with that destructive weapon you need to buy the man-eater?

You could also just kitbash him, but the maneater model fits really well. There is no 'correct' model for the Ghyrant, as I like to call him.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DestructionFranz said:

So, to use the Tyrant with that destructive weapon you need to buy the man-eater?

As Extermina said, kitbash.   Alternatively, if you're playing friendlies, I've found many people are fine with letting the giant ogor club "counts as" the great gutgouger.  Especially if the  other tyrants are all  dual-wield loadout.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Walrustaco said:

Never triggered DTTIG in my life fml

I too like @Ajay29's ideas. I wonder if a 12 block of bulls counting as 48 models would be too good? Or is that what we deserve? 🤔

I know the BCR guys pretty commonly say they dont want us two to combine again, but I'm all for it, dunno bout you guys. Gloomspite lets you run troggoth or spiderfang lists pretty independently, an Ogors tome could do the same. 

BCR players probably want GW to fixed their weakness to objective securing and they don't want that solution to be bring 60 Gutbuster grots in every army list.

Edited by novakai

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

I kind of defeat the purpose of why BCR player like and are  drawn to the army

I hear ya. But... given this is an objective based game (for at least Matched Play), I'd still be OK with it. Sure... I "could" throw 2000 points into 5-6 models still... but if I can at least start with that and then start to splash in Gutbusters over time to make the army more competitive.... that works.

1 hour ago, novakai said:

BCR players probably want GW to fixed their weakness to objective securing and they don't want that solution to be bring 60 Gutbuster grots in every army list.

Yikes I would hate to run grots in my gutbusters lists. They're for carrying weapons and meat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It would really dilute the heavy winter theme for BCR honestly. I'd much prefer them to stay separate and Gutbusters to get a fleshed out tome to be the ogor's who populate the realms at large. With the BCR being the cursed, niche tribes so GW can really focus on the winter theme/ upgrade yeti and other winter beasties.

Buuuut, If the fluff was written right and I wouldn't be against combining the ranges again. THey fit well together, but it would likely mean losing the heavy, heavy winter theme. As most Gutbuster units don't fit it at all without conversions. Would have to see BCR become Gutbusters, not the other way around.

18 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

It would really dilute the heavy winter theme for BCR honestly. I'd much prefer them to stay separate and Gutbusters to get a fleshed out tome to be the ogor's who populate the realms at large. With the BCR being the cursed, niche tribes so GW can really focus on the winter theme/ upgrade yeti and other winter beasties.

Buuuut, If the fluff was written right and I wouldn't be against combining the ranges again. THey fit well together, but it would likely mean losing the heavy, heavy winter theme. As most Gutbuster units don't fit it at all without conversions. Would have to see BCR become Gutbusters, not the other way around.

it would be weird having a firebelly wizard next to winter themed BCR.

granted I am not entirely sure about the future of Maneater and Firebellies since all of those models are resin and they are basically one warscroll each, I can see GW making plastic Maneaters but the Firebelly wizard is in a weird place since is so different from the other Ogors and competes with the Butcher as a spellcaster.

37 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

Spiderfang and Moonclan are pretty different too I guess.

You could say the necroquake changed the ever winter in such a way that the tribes are coming together again. Maybe it’s seeking all ogors now. Or conversely maybe the quake kills the everwinter.

anyway I feel like the winter theme of BCR really shoehorns them into winter colour schemes, which I don’t think thundertusks and stonehorn had when they first came out in fantasy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, novakai said:

the Firebelly wizard is in a weird place since is so different from the other Ogors and competes with the Butcher as a spellcaster.

Why should they compete? Other armies have more than one wizard unit, and they represent two vastly different types of magic. The firebelly looks far better visually too.

1 minute ago, Walrustaco said:

Why should they compete? Other armies have more than one wizard unit, and they represent two vastly different types of magic. The firebelly looks far better visually too.

I know they could give them different spell lores but it be odd to give that much to a stand  alone unit.

I think my point is that he can be easily be forgotten by GW unless their are more future plans or works for the Firebellies

• Sad 1

I’d be open to having different themed BCR allegiances... Winter, Summer (Fire)... whatever.  There has to be other tribes in parts of the realm that are attuned not just to the Everwinter but other elemental forces.

For my money, AoS has been on a long arc bending away from Chaos vs Order and more toward the basic elemental and fundamental building blocks of the Realms anyway. The lore and even the game itself has been asking many questions about what makes up the Realms.

What is a Soul? Who owns it? Where does it go when it dies (after it dies again in Shyish)?

Where did all these minor gods and demigods go after the Age of Myth?

etc... 

I’d hate to see the lore start to be more and more limited too quickly. 

• Like 1

On 4/18/2019 at 11:25 AM, ryanguy88 said:

As Extermina said, kitbash.   Alternatively, if you're playing friendlies, I've found many people are fine with letting the giant ogor club "counts as" the great gutgouger.  Especially if the  other tyrants are all  dual-wield loadout.

This is my tyrant with Gutgouger. Kitbash is the way to go.

20190421_193950.jpg.9cb638af78c2fa42796135cae0eff9f2.jpg

20190421_194000.jpg.b9909b6be1cdbf18a53ae989f39016f0.jpg

Edited by mDaro
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, DestructionFranz said:

Nice conversion. Is it possible to use it in an official tournament like Gutgouger? 

Most, if not all, tournaments will gladly accept conversions especially if they are well done. I've never had any problems, but if you're unsure you can always ask the organizer before the tournament starts.

As gutbusters, we kind of rely on conversions anyway, because we have no official model for some profiles. Gutgorger Tyrant obviously, but none of the Tyrant models has a pistol. It usually suprises opponents when I say that they can shoot.🤔

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, extermina said:

Most, if not all, tournaments will gladly accept conversions especially if they are well done. I've never had any problems, but if you're unsure you can always ask the organizer before the tournament starts.

As gutbusters, we kind of rely on conversions anyway, because we have no official model for some profiles. Gutgorger Tyrant obviously, but none of the Tyrant models has a pistol. It usually suprises opponents when I say that they can shoot.🤔

Golgfag Maneater has a big iron on his left hip for shooting.

Screenshot_20190423-101513_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Walrustaco
  • Like 2

On 4/22/2019 at 7:12 AM, ryanguy88 said:

@mDaro That looks really well done!  Is that one of the Irongut's bits for the weapon?   Which kit donated the hooded head bit? 

Its basically Bragg the Gutsman with a Mournfang weapon and some bits! Crazy easy conversion.

I started collecting Ogor bits to use with my 40k Orks, and like usual after handling the bits I thought "these look pretty cool" and went ahead and bought an army on eBay. I always start looting things thinking it will save me some money and then I end up with another army.

Now I'm going to have to learn to paint skin that isn't green.

• Haha 1