AoS 2 - Gutbusters Discussion

Chris Tomlin

What are the chances that we become base 3+ to hit on all our ogor units? The Ironguts thing is more likely just to make them more elite, like how maneaters have a 3+ to hit (they shoot better than a tyrant too!)

Also, is anyone else dying to see the ‘gluttons’ warscroll? The old one is very archaic in design and has a bunch of special rules on it, which I feel like will be modernised heavily.

1 hour ago, Walrustaco said:

What are the chances that we become base 3+ to hit on all our ogor units? The Ironguts thing is more likely just to make them more elite, like how maneaters have a 3+ to hit (they shoot better than a tyrant too!)

Also, is anyone else dying to see the ‘gluttons’ warscroll? The old one is very archaic in design and has a bunch of special rules on it, which I feel like will be modernised heavily.

Im dying to read this book in general haha. Been waiting years to read this book, ever since BCR hooked me into the hobby around when there book came out. Definitely eager to see the synergy and especially the long awaited allegiance abilities. Also to see if Iron fists in general will not be the worst thing. lol

33 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

Im dying to read this book in general haha. Been waiting years to read this book, ever since BCR hooked me into the hobby around when there book came out. Definitely eager to see the synergy and especially the long awaited allegiance abilities. Also to see if Iron fists in general will not be the worst thing. lol

Ironfists will get better even if the only change is unmodified save roll of a 6 works. 

But I wonder how much stuff will get changed entirely, I am super sad to see the old resin butcher shown off in the article, I was hoping they would replace that awful model.

I am fine with all the old plastic models, I just want a plastic butcher!

Edited by Black_Nexus
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Black_Nexus said:

But I wonder how much stuff will get changed entirely, I am super sad to see the old resin butcher shown off in the article, ****** I was hoping they would replace that awful model

I mean at least theres a new tyrant. Meanwhile my BoC haven't gotten a single thing, other than the underworlds warband which came out a year after the BoC book. Still have to deal with the Shaggoth that doesn't fit the other dragon ogors...

Edited by kenshin620

Just now, kenshin620 said:

I mean at least theres a new tyrant. Meanwhile my BoC haven't gotten a single thing, other than the underworlds warband which came otu a year after the BoC book. Still have to deal with the Shaggoth that doesn't fit the other dragon ogors...

You did get the Tzeentch stuff at least, but yeah I get where you are coming from on this. 

They haven't even updated the store to collapse the factions together yet, so I wouldn't say anything is definitive yet.

That said, the only model I suspect of being removed at this point is the Butcher with Cauldron, just because that model is beyond awful and the terrain piece looks like a pretty blatant replacement.

They'll probably remove the resin Tyrant eventually, but it would be awkward to pull him before the plastic Tyrant is generally available.

42 minutes ago, Black_Nexus said:

Did they go last chance to buy before the book, or the same week it went up for purchase? 

The CoS models went last chance way before the book, like in september (and also it was very last minute so many people in the america's lost out). Though CoS is a unique case since many models I suspect were removed for "redundancy" in the eyes of gw. Not to mention quite a few were even 8th edition plastics.

Though for the most part honestly, resin figures don't go OOP unless it gets replaced by plastic. I mean skaven still have to rely on resin/metal Gutter Runners, Acolytes, and Weapon teams! All 3 wizards for Bonesplitterz aren't plastic. Then theres the mess of BoC...

I think Sourbreath Troggoths might be one of the few that did lose out (though one could argue they got replaced by the plastic rockguts), yet the Madcap Shamans (who still come in a two pack) stuck around.

All in all GW is weird with their resin/metal policy.

40 minutes ago, madmac said:

They haven't even updated the store to collapse the factions together yet, so I wouldn't say anything is definitive yet.

That said, the only model I suspect of being removed at this point is the Butcher with Cauldron, just because that model is beyond awful and the terrain piece looks like a pretty blatant replacement.

They'll probably remove the resin Tyrant eventually, but it would be awkward to pull him before the plastic Tyrant is generally available.

Yea I do think old Cauldron Boy may get removed, GW seems keen on making sure particular models are "out of the box" ready to play. It's "confusing" to buy a model without the parts to build the other option. Unless Cauldron Butcher becomes a completely unique warscroll.

Edited by kenshin620

The gargant is a MUST HAVE miniature: so damn beautiful. At least 2 of them ! lol.  Why? because it is probably the unique miniature that can be included as part of (meaning "not as ally") in several CHAOS factions (yes, plural!) and MOST of destruction factions (yes, plural again!).

But the gargant is NOT A MUST HAVE unit unfortunatly. But still fun.

24 minutes ago, Sällsam said:

So GW-previews this week, pre-order starts next weekend.

So the YT-channels should start dropping "reviews" (reading the whole book) after that, right? Or is just the Bonereapers this week? 

You're correct. This saturday, youtubers (like GMG and dark artisan) should post videos of battletome reviews. We can squint at blurry pages and see what's in store for us then! 😃😃😃

• Haha 1

InkedPreOrderPreview-Oct20-Mawpot9bcbs_LI2.jpg.68307ca5eec94b2b4b7d018ff19e4813.jpg

Btw, as rules state beeing within 1" to terrain that is between our own model and an model our opponent controll grants cover, this mean the mawpot grants also cover, at least from 3 sides. It could be also argued that standing on the pot or howdah does the same, nevertheless it is not required as the fluffy, blue marked area, is the perfect place for a butcher :)

1 hour ago, Charleston said:

InkedPreOrderPreview-Oct20-Mawpot9bcbs_LI2.jpg.68307ca5eec94b2b4b7d018ff19e4813.jpg

Btw, as rules state beeing within 1" to terrain that is between our own model and an model our opponent controll grants cover, this mean the mawpot grants also cover, at least from 3 sides. It could be also argued that standing on the pot or howdah does the same, nevertheless it is not required as the fluffy, blue marked area, is the perfect place for a butcher :)

Its beautiful. The only thing it is missing is a gnoblar or two stirring the pot.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

Though speaking of models, I'm curious if all the resin models are still in. I assume so since you can still buy them? As opposed to the great cleansing of Cities of Sigmar which now has occurred several long weeks ago.

I consider the resin Meneaters the most funny and cool Gutbusters models. I hope that they will receive a "playble" rules and a proper cost.

Moreover I'm very happy that the Gnobblars still live in Gutbusters world because they are very useful to catch objectives and  distracting enemies.

2 hours ago, DestructionFranz said:

I consider the resin Meneaters the most funny and cool Gutbusters models. I hope that they will receive a "playble" rules and a proper cost.

Moreover I'm very happy that the Gnobblars still live in Gutbusters world because they are very useful to catch objectives and  distracting enemies.

Not only that, take a unit of 60 and have ridiculous amounts of dice, be able to do damage, screen fantastically, and hold objectives indefinitely. Very underrated.

From the actual infos that I've gathered here and there, it seems that according to actual warscrolls, the 3 units in the box (tyrant aside) are pretty lame. Maybe the ogors by 12 are strongs.

So, for me, the real question is how will they mix with the Beastclaw raiders? Because 2 SC! + 2 halves ogors of feast of bones will give you a full army, versatile and with enough variety to play several builds. Just add later few things like the new decor, a wizzard, or some other characters and you're pretty much done for reasonable budget. (even 1 SC! would work)

Edited by GeneralZero

Just now, GeneralZero said:

From the actual infos that I've gathered here and there, it seems that according to actual warscrolls, the 3 units in the box (tyrant aside) are pretty lame. Maybe the ogors by 12 are strongs.

So, for me, the real question is how will they mix with the Beastclaw raiders? Because 2 SC! + 2 halves ogors of feast of bones will give you a full army, versatile and with enough variety to play several builds. Just add later few things like the new decor, a wizzard, or some other characters and you're pretty much done for reasonable budget.

I dont like the mournfang models all that much. Like you said, I've bought 2 BCR SC boxes, so I have 8 of the things.

I'd only really be interested in taking a stonehorn/thundertusk or two with my gutbusters without needing to take them as allies. I'm really more looking to see how the gutbusters units are improved.

I'm sure all my friends are sick of me talking about how much I want a buff for my 12 leadbelchers. I really do though. I want my ogre gunline army.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Walrustaco said:

I dont like the mournfang models all that much. Like you said, I've bought 2 BCR SC boxes, so I have 8 of the things.

I'd only really be interested in taking a stonehorn/thundertusk or two with my gutbusters without needing to take them as allies. I'm really more looking to see how the gutbusters units are improved.

I'm sure all my friends are sick of me talking about how much I want a buff for my 12 leadbelchers. I really do though. I want my ogre gunline army.

Well the cannon is also in the box. So surely they will both feature more in armies... right?