AoS 2 - Gutbusters Discussion

Chris Tomlin

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/02/tales-of-forbidden-power-blood-tendergw-homepage-post-4/

And here we have it, our first Ogor story.

Interestingly enough, it mentioned a lot of the resin models in it. The Maneaters, but more importantly the Firebelly. Take that as you will, but might mean some of the resin is hanging around. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shankelton said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/02/tales-of-forbidden-power-blood-tendergw-homepage-post-4/

And here we have it, our first Ogor story.

Interestingly enough, it mentioned a lot of the resin models in it. The Maneaters, but more importantly the Firebelly. Take that as you will, but might mean some of the resin is hanging around. 

Thanks for sharing that!

Hanging around....or being replaced?  We already know the resin Tyrant is being replaced, maybe there's more than that to come?

3 minutes ago, PlasticCraic said:

Thanks for sharing that!

Hanging around....or being replaced?  We already know the resin Tyrant is being replaced, maybe there's more than that to come?

Hard to say.

They brought up a good point on the rumor thread, that the lore and writing department might not be communicating with the Battletome/development team. So just because they are noted doesn't mean they are for sure sticking around. Could always end up shuffled to legends and last chance to buy. I'd still prefer the latter, rip it off like a bandaid and purge the resin. We have enough plastic with a merge to be a healthy faction after all.

I'd still keep forging ahead assuming the tyrant is the only new ogor miniature. With it just being him and a book for our release. Anything more will be a bonus.

Yeah, another example would be the Grotbag Scuttlers making multilpe appearances in the webcomic, but not in the game.

I do think Ogors will need more than one foot hero though.  If all the resin goes, we'd be down to just the new Tyrant, and the Stonehorn / Thundertusk options, right? 

We'd be losing all the old Tyrants, the Firebelly, both Butchers and the Icebrow Hunter.  I think that's a bit thin to be honest.  They would need a plastic Butcher at a minimum in my opinion.

4 hours ago, annarborhawk said:

The story seems to tie-in with the mercenary unit. So I don't think it hints at anything regarding what we might find in a new book. As much as I want it, I still dont see anything confirming that a Mawtribe book will happen at all, let alone what it will contain.  

Oh good point, it does doesn't it. Just the maneaters, firebelly with a tyrant added on.  

Plus the added battleplan even confirms it.

I may be seeing what I want to see, but isn’t the picture on the warhammer community site linking to the battleplan article a picture combining Gutbusters with beast claw raiders? Painted to match, amidst the newer terrain.

Hard to believe that’s just been done for the community site picture? I’d bet that’s from a new battletome.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, annarborhawk said:

The story seems to tie-in with the mercenary unit. So I don't think it hints at anything regarding what we might find in a new book. As much as I want it, I still dont see anything confirming that a Mawtribe book will happen at all, let alone what it will contain.  

WHW said they confirmed it at Nova, you should check out their video on the subject (Vince was there).

9 hours ago, Wazzuli said:

Cool!  I reckon we'll give that one a go.

We're actually playing the other one tonight (Gitz vs Tzeentch, but we're doing it as Gitz vs Skaven cos nobody locally has a Tzeentch army).  I reckon we'll give this one a crack too.

One thing that does jump out at me: isn't it impossible for a Maw Krusha to be wholly within 6" of a board edge, due to his base size?  Oops!  Might have to house rule that one, to let him jump off the edge if he's in contact with it.

Edited by PlasticCraic
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

ne thing that does jump out at me: isn't it impossible for a Maw Krusha to be wholly within 6" of a board edge, due to his base size?  Oops!  Might have to house rule that one, to let him jump off the edge if he's in contact with

Probably easiest to use the meeting engagements set up rules for too big bases as a guideline if that’s the case. Make it ‘lean’ over the edge if it comes down to it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm more inclined to agree with @Mutton, Gorger alongside the Yeti are maybe the worst looking sculpt in GW's current catalog. I was hoping they would take the book as a means of cutting that old fat to focus on the better looking plastics. I will not be a super happy camper if the book expects me to pick them up as important, tactical pieces lol.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, michu said:

In the worst case you can always convert something into Gorger. Probably Crypt Horrors would be the best.

There is a 40k model. A blue gorger  like beast I think elder but don’t play 40k so never remember the name. I always thought that was the best choice for a second gorger if I ever wanted to play two 

Just now, michu said:

It's Clawed Fiend and it's resin too.

Yeah just found it. Forgot to check the space dark elves list ;) 

Yeah if resin is your problem than it won’t be a solution. If you don’t like the looks of the gorger model it might work for you. Swap the head and cut of the tail and you have a very nice lean and bestial ogor I reckon  

DF474978-1C23-41EF-AA2A-7E78A2C667A2.png.f03d0f3ba4f96edbe6afc6dbe1636202.png